Unreadable date

I enter a date into a cell, such as 1/16/2006, and it appears as ########
when I hit enter or click on another cell. Why?
0
mark564 (750)

the ######## just shows when there is not enough room to show the value of
the cell.  Either change the format to something smaller
m/d/yyyy
or enlarge the column

"Mark" wrote:

> I enter a date into a cell, such as 1/16/2006, and it appears as ########
> when I hit enter or click on another cell. Why?
0
Sloth (218)

DATEDIF date format
Hi Is there a way of using the DATEDIF function using the UK way of displaying dates? (dd/mm/yy) if i want to use it I have to format the dates referred to in US style. My regional settings in control panel ar all set to UK spec and the dates in other parts of Excel all display in this manner. Thanks Dave Dave, What do you mean you have to have the dates in US style? I also have UK date style, and I put dates in UK style in A1 and A2, and did a DateDif, no problems. I also tried =DATEDIF("01/08/2005",A2,"m"). no problems. It shouldn't make a difference, as date...

Message dates
Hi I have a few messages in my Sent Items folder (Outlook 2003 SP1) which have the wrong date on them. The computers clock was wrong and I didn't notice - the time and day were right, but it was out by a month. It's annoying because they're all a month in the future, so they sort to the top in the view I use. Looked around, can't see any way to alter the header, not that that should be an easy thing to do anyway. Another question - sorry, I know it's pretty bad form to put two unrelated threads into one post - I keep getting ' ' quote marks around scren na...

Check dates
I have 2 dates, like this: 3/10/2010 and I need to make sure the 2nd one is a later date than the first one. How can I do this? (sorry if this is double posted, pc crashed) "Southern at Heart" <SouthernatHeart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:506B487E-8F47-4CA9-98AA-E2900BC84591@microsoft.com... >I have 2 dates, like this: > 3/10/2010 > > and I need to make sure the 2nd one is a later date than the first one. > How > can I do this? > (sorry if this is double posted, pc crashed) Assuming your dates are in variables Date...

System Date Wrong Format
Hello, I just did a new install of GP onto my desktop and the date format is different from the date format on my laptop. On my laptop, and on 95% of the company's systems, the date is displayed as MM/DD/YYYY. However, on this new install, and on another user's laptop, the date is displaying as DD MM YY. Any idea how to change this? I've looked through a bunch of settings, but didn't see anything. I also double checked the system date on my laptop and PC and they're the same. Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help! Alyssa I don't know if this is what'...

auto parse date in email to calendar
Hello. i spend some time reading the date in mail sent out and then making the entry in the calendar. Im sorta bad at it, often things get wrong. Is there som kind of addin that parses a selected text (the date in text form) then gives a best guess what date and time is described. And if all OK then *poof* in the right place in the calendar... is there? thanks I'm pretty sure there are such tools, although no specific name comes to mind. Check http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm as well as the other addins pages on that site. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micro...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...

How to have a date range equal a particular month
What is the expression for converting multiple dates mm/dd/yyyy to the coinsiding month? It is according to how you are going to use the data but try this -- Format([YourField], "yyyymm") This will give you 200711 for this month. Format([YourField], "mmmm yyyy") This will give you November 2007 for this month. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "tvillare" wrote: > What is the expression for converting multiple dates mm/dd/yyyy to the > coinsiding month? Format(DateField, "yyyy-mm") as stri...

unread mail folder #2
I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on her unread mail folder, the messages in it dissappear. Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile? icecoolphil <icecoolphil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been > read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her > "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on...

Format on date
I have a date field that is part of an aging report which i would like the text to turn red if the date is 90 days from current date.Is this done through conditional format and how would it be done. ...

Return range of cell values based on current date
I have a spreadsheet containing daily sales data for the month. I want today's sales data to display on a different worksheet to save the hassle of someone scanning through an entire month of data. Is this possible and what function do I use to achieve this? Thanks, Wing WHY NOT ADD A WORKBOOK? Providing a workbook will not only get you your answer quicker but will better illustrate your problem, usually when we can see your data (-it can be dummy data but must be of the same type-) and your structure it is far easier for us to give you a tailored, workable answer to ...

Unread Mail
Is there a way to 'format' how unread messages are displayed in WLM? In the old MS news readers (I'm thinking OE) the full text of the mail line including subject, sender, etc, was bold for unread messages. In WLM, only the sender of an unread message is bold. Seems a bit odd to me. In the previous Wave 2 version of WLM it was as OE does. The current Wave 3 does as you describe and we have loudly complained to the developers. It is hoped that in the upcoming Wave 4 it will be fixed. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DAB" <NotLi...

Problems with the Unread folder
I get an error message when I use the search folders 'Folders' - specifically when I select "Unread Mail". The error message I get is "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found". Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I've got numerous unread mail and I�m using Office 07. Any help appreciated David -- DC27 This is a shot in the dark but have you tried to reset your Search Folders using the /cleanfinders command line switch as detailed here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm "DC27" <DC27.35922d1@outlook...

how to switch off unread emails in Welcome screen
When I start up the PC and arrive at the Welcome screen - it tells me how many unread emails I have. How do I switch it off? I download emails by POP account to Outlook and I don't really need to know when I start up how many emails are unread. thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outloo...

Date of Latest Note Entry
Hello. We would appreciate any help on how to determine the date of the latest timestamped Note in the Notes tab of a Lead, and display that date as a column in the Leads view. At first we thought that we could use the Modified By column in the Leads view to at least show when the Lead record was modified for any reason. But we realized that the Modified By column does not update when a new Notes entry is made. (This does not necessarily make sense to us.) Now, we would be happy just to determine what the date of the last Notes entry on a Lead is. The title of the Notes say something like...

Date comparison
I have a list of items which have expiry dates. I want these dates compared to the current date every day, and some sort of formatting applied when they are due this month, or overdue. I believe this can be done with conditional formatting (which I have used before), but I don't know how to construct the formula to compare each cell to the present date. Jonathan -- Jonibenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jonibenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17048 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

How do I print a timeline date range?
I have a timeline that starts in 9/2003 and extends past today. I want to print only a piece of that timeline: 11/1/2005 to 12/31/2005. How do I do that? If you are running Visio 2003, there is an option on the Print Dialog to print current view. So if you zoom into the area you want, you can print just what you see. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm &qu...

Dates in XIRR
I was just looking at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb224771.aspx, which states, in reference to the XIRR function: "Dates should be entered by using the DATE function, or as results of other formulas or functions. For example, use DATE(2008,5,23) for the 23rd day of May, 2008. Problems can occur if dates are entered as text." Is this something new in Excel 2007? I've never encountered such a problem with earlier versions of Excel On Apr 27, 3:07 pm, "Howard Kaikow" <kai...@standards.com> wrote: > Is this something new in Excel 2007? No. The H...

Java vs. C++ (Date class)
I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date class? Note that Date support miliseconds. Also, which class I should use instead of Vector class? std::vector? "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:uG6VGpUfFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date > class? Note that Date support miliseconds. Oh dear. Both the Java and the C++ date classes do assorted odd things with time zones and "daylight saving"; neither is documented fully or ...

Filter (to removed unread messages) removed, but keeps coming back
On one computer, there was a filter to remove all unread messages from my inbox. I 'clear all' and the filter is removed, thus both read and unread messages appear, which is what I want. But I close Outlook, and reopen it, and suddenly the filter is back! (my read messages have disappeared). On another computer, I try this same scenario, and the filter is permanently removed. How can I fix the first computer to get the filter removal to be PERMANENT? Restart outlook using the /cleanviews switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help ...

How to automaticaly populate another date
I know how to do this in excel but can't figure it out in access. I want it so that when a users inputs data into one field the date (of when he put in the data) populates another field.Please helpThanks! Hi GregThe control that the user is entering data into has an AfterUpdate event which means that you can tell your system to do "something" after the field is updated.Open the form in design view and select the field that will have data entered into it.Right click and open the properties box.In the event column select AfterUpdateClic build option (...) and select codeYou will s...

Unread Messages #3
This morning Outlook 2003 said I had 6 unread messages in my IMAP inbox. I only had 4... I changed the view to "unread messages" and found two additional deleted messages. Why on Earth would deleted messages be included as unread? I undeleted the messages, REDELETED the messages, and the problem went away. Any ideas? ...

Between dates
I have dates in 1 column and total amount (income) in another column. I need the total amounts say from 1 Jan 10 to 8 Jan 10. Logically: I want the sum total of income between 2 dates. I've been trying to figure this out for days. Assuming your dates are in column A and the amounts you want to sum are in column B, then put the start date of your range in, say, F1 and the end date in G1 and use this: =3DSUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=3DF1)*(A1:A100<=3DG1),B1:B100) This treats the dates in F1 and G1 as inclusive. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 13, 11:37=A0am, Vicki Leibowitz ...

Count on Dates
I have (sample): CREATE TABLE #Temp(ID int,OrderDate smalldatetime) INSERT INTO #Temp (ID, OrderDate) VALUES ('1001','3/1/2010'), ('1001','3/15/2010'), ('1001','3/23/2010'), ('1001','2/15/2010'), ('1001','1/10/2010'), ('1001','12/1/2009'), ('1001','12/15/2009'), ('1001','11/15/2009'), ('1001','10/1/2009'), ('1001','10/15/2009'), ('1001','10/1/2008'), ('1002','3/1/2010'), ('1002',&...

date sent
Help...a lot of emails are coming in with a sent: date of Friday, July 10, 2893 3:44 PM It happens about 10-20% of the time..I have no idea what's causing this or how to fix it. This is Outlook XP on WinXP Pro. Thanks. -Ken Are those items coming from the same person or from the same mail server? "Ken" <goodnooze@aol.com> wrote in message news:062e01c3678e$afc4c0b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Help...a lot of emails are coming in with a sent: date of > Friday, July 10, 2893 3:44 PM > > It happens about 10-20% of the time..I have no idea what's > causing ...

sorting by date with day "ranges"
Sorry if I missed something really easy. But I have two columns one with dates "Apr 12-15" and May 2-4", etc... and the other column with locations - Omaha - st. louis, etc.... What I want to do is sort by date and take the day range in account. Now I know how to sort under the data pull down if I dont have the day "range" in the same cell and everything works fine with no numbers or just a single day(like 5-apr-2004). But I don't want to make another column for the end date if I dont have to. I thought I could do somthing in the custom format option like mmm-dd -...