Unprotection For ActiveX Control

I have a protected sheet but would like others to
manipulate Spin Buttons (ActiveX variety) to change some
of the data.  But if the sheet is protected I can't use
the spin buttons even when the cells to be manipulated
are unprotected AND the spin buttons are unlocked.  Is
there ANY way to get around this without having to
unprotect the entire sheet every time I use the spin
buttons??

Thanks,

--Abe
0
anonymous (74717)

Do you have a linkedcell?  Is that cell locked?
Can you unlock that linkedcell?

You could put the linked cell on another sheet (or even in an unlocked hidden
cell (hidden column or hidden row) and then use another cell that shows the
value of that hidden cell.

(that linked cell could be on another worksheet if you want.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks!  Putting the linked cell on a different worksheet
from the spin button did the trick.  Both worksheets are
protected but it works now. Very strange...

--Abe

0
anonymous (74717)
1/16/2004 5:02:05 PM
If I had that linked cell on a protected worksheet (any protected worksheet) and
that cell was locked, then it wouldn't work for me (xl2002).

Any chance that the worksheet was protected, but the cell wasn't locked?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I control tile printing?
Being a former PageMaker user, I'm having trouble understanding Publisher. In Pagemaker, if I wanted to print a page sized graphic at 250%, I'd pull the zero point to four different places on the original graphic, print four different 8-1/2 x 11 pages and be done. I can't figure out how to adjust the tile starting points. When I print, it only prints one corner of the original. HELP. I miss my PageMaker. You are talking about a $700 (InDesign) product as compared to Publisher's $100 average price. Of course PageMaker will have more powerful tools. That said, what a...

Rich Edit Control Bug?
Have you ever experienced the printed text exceeded the bottom margin when using Rich Edit? I am trying WordPad to experiment the bug: +Let type up something, copy, past.. , what ever to get more than 4 pages +Set Bottom Margin to 2" +Select All, Choose Courier New or Arial or Microsoft Sans Serif, or Helvetica font +Click Print Preview +You may see that part of the text on the page exceeds the Bottom Margin Do the same thing, but with Times New Roman font. The text will be within the margins as expected. So far it seems to work correctly with Times New Roman font. My WordPad Version...

Disable yellow script/ActiveX warning bar when putting a https:// link on a web page ?
When I call a simple web page in IE7 which contains simply a link with a https:// prefix then a yellow warning bar at the top of the browser appears telling me: "To help protect your security, IE has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX contraols that could acces your computer. Click for options..." Of cause this is bullshit. There is no script nor an ActiveX control. The only extraordinary thing is the https link. Ok, I could allow blocked content in the option but when I get to another page the same procedure occurs again. How can I permanently a...

MSFlexGrid control
Hi, Im new to VC6 .I have created an mfc database application I have put MSFlexGrid control in a dialogbox.I have created a database usin MSAccess .Now i want to connect MSFlexGrid with database to insert an retrieve data. Please help me -- sreej ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sreeja's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=197 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187051438 ...

Unprotect Worksheet
Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook and for some stupid reason I password protected one of the sheets and can't remember it. Any ideas? TIA. The silence on this one is deafening ... You can hear a pin drop. I finally got the pwd straight and am now back in business. Lesson learned: No more pwd's when protecting unless they are going somewhere where you have no control.. On 1/31/2010 4:08 PM, Jethro Pull wrote: > Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook > and for some stupid reason I password pro...

Formatting unprotected sections
Hi, I'm currently working on a template (.dotx) for Word 2007 where I want to protected several sections with the 'Filling in forms' protection. So far it's ok - but in the unprotected section I'm unable to use things like 'Bullets' and 'Numbering' - why is this, and mere importantly how do I solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated /JEN As you are using Word 2007, consider using Content Controls rather than formfields. Alternatively, use a UserForm (Custom Dialog) to get the user's input See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org...

Drawing MFC Dialog in ActiveX Container
Hi, I converted a dialog based application to an activex control, no problem to call the main dialog and route all messages to the dialog. But I dont know how to draw the dialog in a ole container instead of pop up the main dialog. Is there a way of solving this problem? Thanks a lot Mario ...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

How to get data from an unbound control? Why doesn't SetFocus work?
I've been able to get data for one textbox from a bound control but not an unbound control (except by using global variables as per the below). What am I missing? Keeps returning a Null value, see the below. RL PS--Baz, if you're reading this, don't bother replying--you're fired. Your boss speaking. Private Sub Text19_Click() 'I want to get information from Textbox1 (unbound) from textbox Text19 Dim Str04 As String Textbox1.SetFocus 'textbox must have focus to get value or .Text property If Me.Textbox1.Text <> Null Then Str04 = Me.Textbox1.Text 'Never is ...

Formatting In Unprotected Section of Template
Good morning, In Office 2003 you were able to add bullets in an unprotected section of a template - now, with 2007, this option is no longer available. Any other suggestions? - I have used the Insert Symbol and Alt 0149 but is there another way? Thank you, Jeanne In an unprotected section of a protected document, you can press Ctrl+Shift+L to quickly apply the List Bullet style to the selected paragraphs. So-called quick styles can be applied via the Styles box on the Home tab. Also note that you can apply any style via the Style box which you can add to the Quick Acc...

Tree control
Hi all- I am experiencing ... odd behavior with a tree control. Basically, I want to get the info for the item selected. It seems that when I call OnClick(), GetSelectedItem() returns the *last* thing clicked, whereas if I use OnLButtonUp(), I get the current item. These are the two functions in question (CMyTreeCtrl inherits from CTreeCtrl): void CMyTreeCtrl::OnClick(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { HTREEITEM hParentItem; hParentItem = GetSelectedItem(); CString strText; strText = GetItemText(hParentItem); TRACE("OC %s\n", strText); // will return the p...

Help with Excel ActiveX listbox controls
Hi! I�m trying to create listboxes that displays data from a named range spanning multiple columns. I am able to populate the listbox with data and use it without any problems. However, if the sheet that contains the listboxes changes, the size/dimensions of the listbox unexpectedly also changes. Since I have not written any procedures that control the height/width properties of the listboxes, I cannot determine why the dimensions of the listboxes are changing. I have attached a spreadsheet that illustrates this problem. When you open the spreadsheet, you should see two listboxes named Lis...

Comments
Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. Thanks. yes is posible. you have to pick 'edit objects' on sheet protction dialog box. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C64722-B491-43A9-8328-3C25F3C7F8CB@microsoft.com... | Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a | worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. | | Thanks. ...

Strange ActiveX-Exe behaviour
I have an ActiveX exe and I am having a hard time to have it raise an event. My problem is that the class of the ActiveX-Exe does not receive the withevent from the form. Is that a known problem? What am I missing? When I instantitate the ActiveX-Exe on a form I have the following code: Option Explicit Private WithEvents d As DeviceNotifier6.clsDeviceNotifier Private Sub d_DeviceChanged() Stop End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() Set d = New DeviceNotifier6.clsDeviceNotifier End Sub The code of my ActiveX-Exe looks like this '*** clsDeviceNoti...

Dynamic Label Control Property in 2008
I am dynamically creating a label control of width=100 and adding text (sTextVar) to it dynamically whose string length is unknown: Dim myLabel As Label = New Label() myLabel.Width = 100 myLabel.Text = sTextVar Me.Controls.Add(myLabel) 1. How do I set myLabel so the font size of sTextVar is shrunk to smaller size? 2. How do I set myLabel so sTextVar is displayed in multiple lines? Hi Rick, Try to avoid the prefixes with data types, it looks so awful from the previous millennium when we did not have intelligence \\\ Dim myLabel As New Label With {.Size = New Size(70, ...

Units of Measure in Edit Controls
Is there a good way for me to format data in an edit control by that control's unit of measure? For example: CString data = foo; FormatUnits(data, IDC_VALUE_CTL); c_value.SetWindowText(data); In FormatUnits(), of course, I have a basic problem: how do I determine how to format "data" by knowing my control ID? In the COM world, I'm used to creating and storing a custom property that I can access later. Is there a way to do this with MFC? Or is there a "best practices" way of doing this and I'm barking up the wrong tree? Seeing how no one has replied yet,* ...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Registry Entry to Control Forwarding Default behavior
Is there a Registry entry that will allow me to control the default behavior for forwarding? I would like the "Deliver messages to both forwarding..." to be checked by default. Thanks. -- Matt Hickman www.craigtechinc.com On 4 Dec 2006 09:57:00 -0800, "Matt Hickman" <hemojr@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a Registry entry that will allow me to control the default >behavior for forwarding? I would like the "Deliver messages to both >forwarding..." to be checked by default. > >Thanks. It's not in the registry. It's a Schema attribut...

unprotect sheet
Hi, I have a workbook with: protected sheets & protected worbook (diferent passwords) I use my password to open the workbook, and another password to unprotect the sheets. It seems that I forgot or mistyped one of the sheets, and it is always telling me that I am not entering the correct password to unprotect the sheet. So I need to unprotect a sheet in an open Excel workbook. can any one help Khalil Hi Khalil check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html it's quite scary how easy it is to unprotect the sheets :) Cheers JulieD "Khalil Handal" <seminar...

MFC Activex OnDraw
Is there a way to inform a container like Word or Excel to not use a metafile dc to perform drawing in an Activex control? ...

Unprotect Documents
I have been inherited a Document (form) used to maintain the personal records of the employees. This document have restrict the user from modifying the page set up and alter the formating or any modification i.e delete a text etc.. I need to edit a section of the documents now. Can any one help me in this regard. The password is not known to me or anyone in the unit at present. Question is how to make this document unprotest so that I can modify/ thanks in advance Create a new blank document and try inserting the form document into it using the Insert Object from File util...

Listbox Control Array?
How can I make a control array or group or something where I can have two groups of ten list boxes on a form that have the same names but different index numbers for referencing? You build the collections yourself: '********************* Option Explicit Dim SomeLists As New Collection Dim OtherLists As New Collection Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox1 SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox2 SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox3 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox4 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox5 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox6 End Sub Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 3 ...

CHtmlView w/ActiveX on Vista
I've installed an application on a Windows Vista machine that is an MFC application, using CHtmlView and a couple of ActiveX controls within the html page being displayed. The problem is that when I run the application, the ActiveX controls will not activate (displays the 'X' box). However, if a right-click on the application and "Run as administrator" then the ActiveX controls work fine. And, strangely enough, the controls work thereafter for non-administrator users. It's like the controls need to be run once as administrator to "initialize" them f...

Controlling class definitions generated from xsd.exe
Hi, I am using the xsd.exe tool (in .NET 2.0) to generate C# classes from a set of schemas. Some of the XML types that I have defined are used by more than one schema. For maintenance purposes, I have placed these “common” types into their own schema and have imported them into the other schemas as needed. As a simple example, I have something like the following: Type1.xsd - defines a type called Type1 Type2.xsd - defines a type called Type2 that has sub-elements of type Type1. Imports Type1.xsd. Type3.xsd - defines a type called Type3 that has sub-elements of type Ty...

ActiveX in MFC
I'm trying to create an ActiveX control in MFC. I have a library which was provided for the development of an MFC program NOT ActiveX. I made a sample ActiveX and included the library under Project->Settings->Link Tab but after building the ActiveX and viewing the control in Test Container, no methods were exposed?? Am I doing something wrong or will the library NOT work with an ActiveX??? Thanks David David, This is a difficult question to answer. First of all, you should try to build the ActiveX without the static lib, and see if any methods are exposed. If that is the case...