Unprotecting password protected workbook

do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel
worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to
open it....thanks again

--
Vnagpal
Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104

See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel
> worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to
> open it....thanks again
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Microsoft Money backup file password error
I was updating my accounts in microsoft money 2004. I closed the application, backing up the file as always. A few minutes later I realized I forgot to update some infomation. When I tried to return to my file it requested my password, like always, however my hotmail e-mail was not already entered like it whould have been, instead the text field was blank. I entered the e-mail and password and a password incorrect message appeared. I didn't change the password though. I then tried to run from my backup file with the same error. I upgraded to mirosoft money plus deluxe trial. I get t...

OWA & "User must change password at next logon"
Current Environment: Running EX2K3(SP2), and using OWA as the ONLY option to get e-mail; using certificates (https:\\owa.domain.com\exchange) & forms based Authentication. Problem: I create a NEW user in AD; e-mail enable it, and select "User must change password at next logon". Now when the user tries to log in (VIA OWA) s/he is not prompted to change the password / it won't even log them in. It use to work with our old exchange 2000 environment, where it gave them the opportunity to change the password at sign on. Answer: ? There is one property in MetaBase: ...

forgot password #2
what happens if i forgot my login password? how can i obtain it again? ask your sys admin people ! "wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:088c01c3d45d$6b974a70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > what happens if i forgot my login password? how can i > obtain it again? ...

Password Protect a FOlder
Is there a way to password protect individual folders in Outlook? Thanks Ron Hi Ron, There is not a way to password individual folders in Outlook. You can only password protect the entire .PST file. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net> >Subject: Password Protect a FOlder >Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:05:43 -0400 >Message-ID: <t8dq51lugra4qb6ijbd4h8m3ts18vsm33p@4ax.com> >X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652...

Unprotect Worksheet
Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook and for some stupid reason I password protected one of the sheets and can't remember it. Any ideas? TIA. The silence on this one is deafening ... You can hear a pin drop. I finally got the pwd straight and am now back in business. Lesson learned: No more pwd's when protecting unless they are going somewhere where you have no control.. On 1/31/2010 4:08 PM, Jethro Pull wrote: > Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook > and for some stupid reason I password pro...

Protecting HYPERLINK cell disables the link
My sheet contains a cell with a HYPERLINK function to direct the user to a web page URL that is dynamically constructed according to the contents of cells in other sheets. I would like the user to be able to click on the cell to follow (not edit) the hyperlink, to protect the formulas in the sheet, and not to allow the user to select other cells in the sheet. When I protect the sheet with the hyperlink cell locked, clicking on the hyperlink cell has no effect. When I protect the sheet with the hyperlink cell unlocked, firstly this is seen as an error by Excel since there's a formula in...

Password Recovery
Can anyone recommend a freeware/shareware Excel password recover package. (which will crack more than 2 characters) Many thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try ZDNET site for Advanced Excel 2000 Password recovery. just used it to recover a 9 letter password. superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com On...

Unable to open workbook
When I attempt to open a workbook in Excel 97 I receive the message' "Too many different cell formats". I am prevented from even opening the workbook. Is there any way to open. Thanks in advance. Bobby, If you want to send it to khs042004@shaw.ca, I might be able to open using XL 2003. Then I will resave it and send it back. Sometimes there is a corruption issue. Best regards, Kevin "Bobby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be2201c4216c$84614bd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to open a workbook in Excel 97 I receive ...

Formatting unprotected sections
Hi, I'm currently working on a template (.dotx) for Word 2007 where I want to protected several sections with the 'Filling in forms' protection. So far it's ok - but in the unprotected section I'm unable to use things like 'Bullets' and 'Numbering' - why is this, and mere importantly how do I solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated /JEN As you are using Word 2007, consider using Content Controls rather than formfields. Alternatively, use a UserForm (Custom Dialog) to get the user's input See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org...

DPM 2010 RC1: Protection Group creation fails
The creation of a Protection Group fails with Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error. Error details: The specific disk extent size exceeds the size of free disk space (0x80042515) This happens when I create a new Protection Group for one server. On the DPM storage pool there is ample storage available (Disk 1: 2TB, 34% unallocated, Disk 4: 467 GB, 90% unallocated). The server I want to backup contains only a few gigs of data. What is happening here? Thanks! Can you please convert the disk to GPT type? To be able to use more than 2TB...

sharing excel workbook
Is there any limit to the number of users who can have a excel document open and entering data. We have the workbook shared and it works fine with about 3 users but we are having conflicts with about 10 users and data is being over written. ...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

Shared Workbook Question...
I am trying to figure out a way, in which I can make changes to certian cells within a shared document, however protecting the data from other users. Does this make sense? Colulmn A has billing information that I want to have the ability to change, but I don't want my account managers to accidently change any information in this colulmn. Please let me know if you might have any thoughts on how to accomplish this. Thanks ...

OWA
Hi guys, I have had the same problems as the other people with NT4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 because of that Outlook 2003 thing. Anyway I installed the patch from MS the Service is running fine. But I can't open the Password page on OWA anymore, I always got the following error: Serverobject, ASP 0196 (0x80040154) You should only use InProc-Servercomponents. If you want to use Local-Servercomponents, you need to change the "AspAllowOutOfProcComponents" in the metabasis. /iisadmpwd/aexp2b.htr, line 61 Maybe someone got the same too. ...

Filter on sheet with some cells protected?
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet which has four columns of formulas protected so people can't change them! However, i still want people to be able to filter the spreadsheet and this isn't working, is there a way of locking those cells but not stopping people from filtering? Kirstie If you are using Excel 2000 or earlier, then you do not have the option to allow filtering when you protect a sheet. However, one way around this is to copy/move your formulae to another sheet which you can protect (and hide if you want to), and then have links in your first sheet to the cells with the...

Formatting In Unprotected Section of Template
Good morning, In Office 2003 you were able to add bullets in an unprotected section of a template - now, with 2007, this option is no longer available. Any other suggestions? - I have used the Insert Symbol and Alt 0149 but is there another way? Thank you, Jeanne In an unprotected section of a protected document, you can press Ctrl+Shift+L to quickly apply the List Bullet style to the selected paragraphs. So-called quick styles can be applied via the Styles box on the Home tab. Also note that you can apply any style via the Style box which you can add to the Quick Acc...

Worsheet and workbook
I have small company and use excel for invoicing and save each worsheet from a tempate as a new invoice (unique number). I was wondering is the a function i can use to calculate all the running totals? All the total and tax etc are in the same cell s but on different sheets. can I save the all to a workbook or do i have to start again or keep opening them individully as i am doing at the moment? sorry for the long question. There are definite advantages to having all your invoices in one file. Creating a new invoice is a simple dragging of a master worksheet ta with the ctrl key held....

Can password be provided to a partcular folder under Inbox.?
Hi All, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711).Can anybody guide me how to provide passwords to a particular folder under inbox in Microsoft Outlook.I have configured my inbox so that the mails get downloaded in to my hard drive from server i.e. a .pst file is being created in my drive.On right clicking -->properties-->Administration-- >There is an option,This folder is avalaible to: Owners only but that remains disabled even after i have tried different options from the Initial view on the folder: combo box. Anybody who can throw light on this,i will be very greatful...

How do I add a password
Hello; I want to cofigure outlok so that everytime I log on a have to enter a password to access any folders. I just moved to a new apartment where my roomates use my computer and i don't want anyone snooping around. Could someone please help me? Jon Hi Jon, I understand that you would like to password protect Outlook so that the user is prompted before Outlook will open. If I have misunderstood your question, please let me know. If you are not connected to an Exchange server, Outlook stores all data in a Personal Folders File (.PST) file. You can password protect this .PST fil...

Any Ideas on how to get around a password...
I must have put a password on my Outlook express identity when I set it up. I had never closed it and now I did and can't get back in. I am a consultant and all my client info and address are in the address book and e-mails are saved in files. I can access current e-mails through comcast directly but have I lost the historical info for good? Michelle <michelleduhl@hotmail.com> wrote: > I must have put a password on my Outlook express identity > when I set it up. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE,...

SELECT INTO Password protected db
I have a situation where I need to copy a lot of records as is, time stamp and all, from one database to another database. The problem is that both databases are password protected. I can send the password to one of the two in the connection string, but I'm at a loss on how to send the password to the other database. Thanks; Amy ...

Comments
Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. Thanks. yes is posible. you have to pick 'edit objects' on sheet protction dialog box. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C64722-B491-43A9-8328-3C25F3C7F8CB@microsoft.com... | Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a | worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. | | Thanks. ...

Regular Workbooks vs. Binary Workbooks 04-27-10
Can you tell me the difference between a regular Excel workbook and a binary workbook? We use a shared workbook as a tracking system for our department, and we often have conflicts, crashes, or other miscellaneous catastrophes. My manager was wondering if saving it as a binary workbook might reduce the number of problems that we experience. Thank you for your help. ...

unprotect sheet
Hi, I have a workbook with: protected sheets & protected worbook (diferent passwords) I use my password to open the workbook, and another password to unprotect the sheets. It seems that I forgot or mistyped one of the sheets, and it is always telling me that I am not entering the correct password to unprotect the sheet. So I need to unprotect a sheet in an open Excel workbook. can any one help Khalil Hi Khalil check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html it's quite scary how easy it is to unprotect the sheets :) Cheers JulieD "Khalil Handal" <seminar...

Password Protect a Folder #2
Is there a way or a software to allow me to password protect a folder in Outlook? eg. I created a folder in 'Inbox' for my personal emails. I want to pasword protect that folder only. No, you can only password protect a whole PST (Personal Folders) file not individual folders within one "Bennos" <bswong19@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:XPpre.15947$F7.3706@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Is there a way or a software to allow me to password protect a folder in > Outlook? eg. I created a folder in 'Inbox' for my personal emails. I want > to >...