UNMERGE two cells/rows in Excel

I copied a MS Word Table into an MS EXCEL table and some of the rows were
split into two rows when pasted into the workbook.  How can I get  (Merge)
all of the data data split into the cell on one row.

Larry

In a helper column enter  =A1 & A2

If need a space between  =A1 & " " & A2

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:31:03 -0800, "Larry D." <Larry
D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I copied a MS Word Table into an MS EXCEL table and some of the rows were
>split into two rows when pasted into the workbook.  How can I get  (Merge)
>all of the data data split into the cell on one row.

0
Gord

Formula for
I'd like to write a formula in column B to find the difference between a value in the current row, say, A500, and the prior cell in column A that has a value.. could be A499, or it might be A200, or A1. Example: First column is literals, the second column s/b a formula, =A3 - A[prior row with data] 2 5 3 6 1 4 -2 9 5 This may not be very efficient if you 1000's of rows of data. Assume your data is in the range A1:An Enter this formula in B2: =IF(OR(COUNT(A$1:A2)<2,A2=""),"",A2-LOOKUP(1E100,A$1:A1)) Copy down as need...

Two different print previews on two differnt operating systems.
Hello all. Hoping someone can help me here. Has anyone ever ran across a situation where when the user clicks print preview in Excel, on one operating system (Windows NT) you get 2 pages, but when on another operating system (Windows 2000 or XP) it comes in as one page? The same situation occurs when the user prints. If so, how did you solve this problem? Hi Eric Always a problem with different printers If you print with code you can try this Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .FitToPagesWide = 1 .FitToPagesTall = 1 End With ActiveSheet.PrintOut End Sub ...

Compare two file/colunms, hide row not does not equal list.
Excel 2000 -have two files. File "A" has 1 through 4155 records (rows with three columns) in numerical order. File "B", has a list of almost 200 rows/numbers (one column) from file "A". How can I hide the rows in file "A", not are listed in file "B"? Thanks, Jerry Not sure whether you are still monitoring this post, Jerry. Anyway, here's some thoughts ventured .. Conceptually, you should be able to achieve this via setting up a helper col and then autofiltering on the helper. Let's start by simplifying the scenario by having bo...

5.5 to 2003
I'm going to be migrating from 5.5 to 2003. We currently have a single Exchange organization with two sites. One site is our main site and contains two servers. The other is a remote office which contains a single server running 5.5 SP4 with about 25 mailboxes and a couple of public folders on it. The two sites are connected via a 2mbps private circuit. The entire company is a single forest/domain, the box at the remote site is also a Windows 2000 SP4 domain controller/GC. The reason for having two sites is solely because it allows some control of traffic/replication, all admi...

Can the cell function return "B2" instead of "$B$2"?
Is there a way to get the Cell function to return just the column and row without the "$" signs? =cell("address",maxrate) --> "$B$2" I would like just "B2". hi, ! > Is there a way to get the Cell function to return just the column and row without the "$" signs? > =cell("address",maxrate) --> "$B$2" > I would like just "B2". is this a valid alternate ? =substitute(cell("address",maxrate),"$","") hth, hector. On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:33:46 -0700, Square Peg &l...

Two Words
This needs to be fixed TODAY. And whomever screwed this up needs to be FIRED. This is NOT how we expect software that people depend on to run. Microsoft, go F yourself. Quicken 2005 should be out soon. Just curious: why did you use Passport to authenticate access to your Money file in the first place? "Quicken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:660d01c47568$117ab700$a301280a@phx.gbl... > This needs to be fixed TODAY. > > And whomever screwed this up needs to be FIRED. > > This is NOT how we expect software that people depend on &g...

How do i merge content from two publisher documents?
I need to merge 2 publisher documents together. Is there an easier way other than copying and pasting every single page? The documents are 200+ pages long. Copy and paste is it unless you have Acrobat Standard or Pro. If you don't, you'd better get started now. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ilya" <Ilya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:774296B2-6F01-40F2-8812-4B1543B2930B@microsoft.com... >I need to merge 2 publisher documents together. Is there an easier way >other > than copying and pasting every single page? The documen...

Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell it gets deselected
While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 seconds, that particular cell gets deselected followed by the workbook. So each time I need to click either the cell or workbook to enter data in that particular sheet. There could be event code that is being fired. Does this happen if you open the workbook with macros disabled? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "towinwin" <towinwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7B87AFB-27AC-4235-9AE3-5E7A46310AF8@microsoft.com... > While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 se...

Dialog box and opening an excel file
Hi, Im far from an expert user, so il need someones expertise in thi matter. I suspect its rather easy to solve. Ive created a dialog box in an excel file. The box contains certai buttons with simple macros so i can navigate throgh the document. want to have the dialog box open automaticly when i open the file. Ho do I do this ??? Please help me! /JS Denmar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: you can create a macro name 'Auto_Open()'. This will be invoked automatically then opening your workbook. Insert your code to activate your dialog box in this proc...

Chart with two types of lines
I am plotting data from 2006 and now starting to plot data from 2007 in a line chart. I would like the line from 2006 to be a solid line, and the line from 2007 to be a dotted line. This is measuring the same data, just in different years. When i try to add a different series, the new line for 2007 appears, and the 2006 line disappears. I'm not sure how I get both of them to appear at the same time. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? B Have you checked Chart/ Source Data/ Series tab to see what you've got for your two series? It may also be worth thinking about whether it might be...

Importing Microsoft Word file to Excel
Hi guys! I am having problems importing word file to excel. I have about 70 Microsoft Word files and they do have different file names. Q1: Is it possible for me to import those word files to worksheets? Q2: If it is possible, How do I make the worksheet name same as work file's name? i.e. importing word file called " ABC.doc" to worksheet "ABC" Please Help!!!! ...

Using two tables and getting the most upto date value from one table
Hi, I have a two tables in access. I am using 2003. First table is like this Code,Description 1000,Something 2000,Otherthing Second table Code,Comment,Date 1000,Yeah,02/07/07 1000,Blah,04/07/07 2000,No,02/06/07 2000,Other,07/07/07 1000,Blah2,06/07/07 Now when I do a query I want to get a summary of both tables with the code,description, most recent comment for the code and date. Therefore the result of the query should be: Code,Description,Comment,Date 1000,Something,Blah2,06/07/07 2000,Otherthing,Other,07/07/07 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. See: Getting a related fie...

How do I size an embedded Excel OLE and keep it that way in Word
I copy and paste special an Excel worksheet with multiple tabs into word on a sheet. I size the Excel sheet while it is open in Excel and then double click outside it to close it. Everything looks good. I do this on three consecutive sheets. When I go back to one of them and double click to make a change in the Excel sheet it opens way larger than it was and causes it to advance onto another sheet. I have to resize it but they just don't stay sized when re-opening. How do I fix this? When you paste special - try choosing the bitmap object and check the link box. You ca...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

How to insert two recordsets if only two records shows up
Hello. In my query I need to insert two records set if the result has only two recordset. I need to insert on employees time table the time that they spend to launch per day if that time don't exist. Imagine this: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Employe No. Date Time Description 1010 15-05-2007 08:00 In (starts to works) 1010 15-05-2007 17:00 Out (quit the work) In that example it seams that the employee did...

How do I get Excel to display a range of cells with a check box?
I am trying to get excel to disply a range of cells when a check box is checked and hide them when it is not checked. bobm, I am not one of the VBA experts, but if your range is in a column and your checkbox is from the control toolbox and not from the Forms toolbar this code should work. Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Dim i As Boolean Dim rng1 As Range Application.DisplayAlerts = False i = CheckBox1.Value Set rng1 = Range("D1:D25") 'Change to suit your needs If i = True Then rng1.EntireColumn.Hidden = True Else rng1.EntireColumn.Hidden = False End If Application.DisplayAl...

Excel/Cellphone
Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to program Excel to send Text msg to Cell Phones. ...

Formula For Excel
I am working on a spreadsheet that will allow me to keep track of my savings account. I have a set number ($600.00) that I need to place in my checking per week that will cover my budget. When I work overtime, I would like to place the difference into savings. Should be simple enough (the value in the savings block should = the value entered into the wages block-600.00). Where it becomes complicated for me is, sometimes I may fall under 600.00 wages. This would create a negative number in the previous weeks savings block. When I calculate it for the next week, I would like to be ...

LINEST
I would like to use the LINEST function on data that is not located in one single row or column. The data that have to be correlated are scattered along the worksheet and I would like to select them manually. How can I do this. If I try =LINEST((E72;F72;G72);(E75;F75;G75),1,1) or =LINEST({E72;F72;G72}; {E75;F75;G75},1,1) an error occurs. How can I input an array of nonadjacent cells in this function. thx Why not use some 'helper cells' with formulas like =E72 to get the numbers into a contiguous range? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme ...

subtracting two pivot table data fields
Hi, I have a pivot table wherein i have two column labels and two data fields. Now, i want to display another row which contains the difference of the two data fields corresponding to its respective column label. The two data fields are being displayed as a count of the column values in the data source. Please help me out as to how can i display the subtracted value of the two cells in the cell below them in the pivot table. Regards, Alok Alok;893464 Wrote: > Hi, I have a pivot table wherein i have two column labels and two data > > fields. Now, i want to display another ...

how can excel colour a cell when it has a specified character
I have a spreadsheet I input various letter and figures into. I want excel to automatically colour a cell which has a certain character in so it is clear where these appear. Look up "Conditional Formatting" in the HELP files. Try it out, and then post back with any questions. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Kev" <Kev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFCEC9C-4A51-4786-9252-FA5DFAE3B8EA@microsoft.com......

VB Excel Macro
I have a VB Macro in an Excel spreadsheet that I want to use in other spreadsheets. What is the most efficient way to do this without copying the macro code from sheet to sheet. It depends on how that macro is written (and what it does). It could be as simple as opening the macro workbook, activating the "real" workbook and the sheet that should be processed, then hitting alt-F8 and selecting the macro and running it. This could even work if the code was written to work on the activesheet <bg>. ajmplanner wrote: > > I have a VB Macro in an Excel spread...

Adding cell contents in different worksheets
Im creating a computerised rota system for my job which has 52 worksheets in the workbook. On each worksheet will be a "Tax To Date" cell where the total tax paid to date will be entered. Does anyone know how i can take the number from, say, cell A2(worksheet1) and add it to the cell A1(worksheet2) and display the result in cell A2(worksheet2) and so on through the 52 worksheets. Each worksheet is renamed 1 to 52 and each worksheet is currently identical except the values to be inserted. Any help on this would be great and could you please simplify any formulas because im not t...

Combine two charts
Can I combine two charts, ie make the top chart opaque Hi, In order to make the top chart transparent you need to format the chart area to have no area pattern. Double click the chart and pick Format. The Area property is on the Pattern tab. Can you not combine the 2 charts into a single one? Cheers Andy Glen Sturman wrote: > Can I combine two charts, ie make the top chart opaque -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how do I drag & drop cell text only
I have text information in cells which I want to be able to drag and drop to other cells, but I do not want to drag and drop the borders from the cells. Kirstie Dragging & Dropping copies everything - text, formating, formulas etc You would need to use Copy & PasteSpecial -- mudraker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540219 Try dragging with the *right* mouse button. When you rele...