Unknown repair

I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file
with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable
content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this
problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully
received.

Repaired Records: External formula reference from
/xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula
reference)

Repair log:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog
xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
  <logFileName>error036360_03.xml</logFileName>
- <repairedRecords summary="Following is a list of repairs:">
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: External formula reference from
/xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula
reference)</repairedRecord>
  </repairedRecords>
  </recoveryLog>

Nobody has any idea about this?

"Barry McConnell" wrote:

> I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file
> with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable
> content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this
> problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully
> received.
>

> Repaired Records: External formula reference from
> /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula
> reference)
>
> Repair log:
>
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
> - <recoveryLog
> xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
>   <logFileName>error036360_03.xml</logFileName>
> - <repairedRecords summary="Following is a list of repairs:">
>   <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: External formula reference from
> /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula
> reference)</repairedRecord>
>   </repairedRecords>
>   </recoveryLog>

Inbox Repair Tool
Using Windows ME, OL98 Once in a while my OL will freeze after clicking the Send/Receive command. When using the Inbox Repair Tool for the fix, a window asks me which file I want to run it on. Can you tell me which file and where I can find it? There are several Outlook files in the system. Strangely, "inbox repair tool," or any combination of those keywords in OL Help, or Windows Help, doesn't return anything. Thanks, Run it on your pst-file. Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents an...

The file is damaged and could not be repaired. & pdf & MS XML v2
Gang: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Has anybody had issue with not being able to open pdf in any browser using ..net application? The pdf is fine if use Adobe to read it; or just a browser, but not when combined with .net. This is probably related to dll hell with version 1.1 framework. If anybody has pointers, I'll be researching the issue. -- Cordially, Greg A+ BS MCSE Web Developer ...

Exchange Server Quota Message Service
I'm testing ExQMS.exe, file version 5.3.16.5, in our Ex2k3 environment. Client is OLK2K3. Has anyone worked with this ad-on for Exchange ? Are their any unknowns, or gotchas that one should be aware of this add-on? In one test environment I have this product working..but in another test environment, I'm getting RPC errors and in the app event log it shows... "Faulting Application QuotaService.exe version 6.5.7830.0 faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x616e346e " Any information that can be provided would be most helpful. SRP How best to put th...

Installation Problems -- Unknown Error
I'm going to try to be as detailed as possible in this post. I have been trying for over a week now to install Microsoft CRM, and have made very little progress. At first, I would get an error each time it got to the point of running the SQL scripts. I figured out that if I sat through the whole installation and forced replication between my two domain controllers, it would get through the SQL installation portion without any problems. Now, however, I am having another issue that has totally stumped me. I have totally uninstalled CRM from the other 30 or so times I've tried to install...

Lock up om compact repair
Can't find a better newsgroup name for this. Trying to move some schedules at a clients site. They are moving to Active Directory. On the new active directory machine, if the database is on the local machine, it goes through compact on close with no problem at all. If the data is on a server, it creates the new db (DB1 etc), but then just hangs and I have to end the 'not responding' ACCESS 2000 SP3. When I then try to open the db1 I get the message no read permission on MSysAcessObjects. Does anyone know if this is likely to be an active directory issue, and if so how to fix i...

Compact and repair does not work correctly
Compact and repair is not working as it is creating a duplicate database named db1.mdb and is not removing the previous db and renaming db1 to the old db name. I have had an open ticket with my company for 5 days now and no one seems to be able to fix the issue. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I can run compact and repair when logged into another desktop system and have no problems, but when I try to run this on my own system (company issued laptop - IBM Thinkpad T43), it doesn't work right. Sounds as though you might not the necessary permissions to delete files from ...

"Unknown Customer" screen
Has anyone come up with a solution to alert the cashier to a customer not being in the database rather than just defaulting to the nearest number? This is a large organization and sometimes the employees are issued an ID card and can charge before they are added to the database. The cashiers don't pay attention of course and they are having a lot of problems with this. -- Thanks! Jim Janke Emerald Business Systems ...

attachment with unknown extension issue with IE8
My company save files with an unknown extension for security. When I receive an email (using gmail) with the file attached I save the file to a folder, it automatically changes the extension to .zip It's definitely and IE8 issue as with Firefox it saves the file with our unknown extension. I've checked Internet options but can't find what setting is causing this to happen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3796DBDB-79E0-471E-8574-E4576515EB08@microsoft.com... > My company ...

The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid.
I saw an earlier message about this problem but could not find an answer so here I go again asking if someone has a solution to the following problem: At our company we have Exchange 2003-SP2 running and use Office 2003-SP2 on the computers connected to this exchange server. When you create an appointment in Outlook 2003 and invite a certain user in our company, lets call him "Person1", as an attendee to the appointment you receive the following message: -=[ Quote ]=- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 18-8-2006 13:2...

Unknown User when Sending Appointments on Behalf.
To all- I have a secreatry who sets up appointments on behalf of a partner here. However, when recipients accept or reject the appointment the message gets bounced back saying The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Her account is functioning properly otherwise. Using Exchange 2000 in conjuction w/ Outlook 2002. ...

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > Check this out > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OoSFMGZhGHA.12...

x or oEventInfo the unknown
Sometimes Microsoft says the following should be in all DAP pages or "it won't work." <SCRIPT language=vbscript event=Current(oEventInfo) for=MSODSC> <!-- --> </SCRIPT> and other times they say the following must be in all DAP pages or "it won't work." <SCRIPT language=vbscript event=Current(x) for=MSODSC> <!-- --> </SCRIPT> I have been a little confused about this. What exactly are we trying to catch with this event on the MSODSC control? Since it is more likely to get a Google return on oEventInfo than a return on x, I found...

An unknown error has occurred
Delete file full; I expect an answer when I click get help to tell me how to fix it not the same questions I have from 2007. Why wont the delete file empty?\ Just fix it It would be helpful if you explained your issues in a more descriptive and understandable fashion. See if this helps: www.oehelp.com/WMUTil/ and make sure you have the latest version of Vista. steve "Karen D" <KarenD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79C36226-60B0-4527-BD96-B037F1C9D459@microsoft.com... > Delete file full; I expect an answer when I click get help ...

Unknown Dictionary Error
Thanks in advance for any info... Have a user receiving "Unknown Dictionary Error". CustomerSource suggest the dictionary file is corrupt. I copied the dictionaries from my machine to this users machine and still no joy. Any ideas? Thanks, Morgan Make sure you replaced the correct dictionaries in the correct locatoin. "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message news:u8R29P6VEHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... : Thanks in advance for any info... : : Have a user receiving "Unknown Dictionary Error". CustomerSource suggest the : dictionary file is corrup...

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias
I have a user trying to send to another user through Outlook 2003. When she sends email to the user, the following error message is returned- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com I've seen this error message posted elsewhere, but the posts were for people receiving this message from an external source for mail they did not send. Anybody have any ideas? ...

unknown identifier ASI_ExplorerTreeView smartlist error
Error message: Unknown Identifier 'ASI_ExplorerTreeView' A user has reported receiving this error when trying to double click on a SOP record result in a Sales Transaction smartlist. It has only happened a couple of times over the past couple weeks- she logs out then back in to continue successfully. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance. ...

XP repair install Q. thumbs.db poor performance.
...jump to *** to avoid following hardware background monologue !!! Recently had a Skt. A XP2600+ based system box with failed IDE ports on its' PC Chips M848A motherboard (SiS 746FX chipset). Swapped it for a new/unopened SHUTTLE AK38N - VIA KT333CF / VIA VT8235 chipset, (made in 2004), ....repair installed XP Home ed.+SP1 ...installed SP3 from CD and did the 68 or so updates from MS, ...subsequent to SP3. ....and added a PCI 3x SATAII / IDE card, I ext. +2 int. + 1x IDE port(not used), and 500gb Seagate hd, ....and a PCI 4x USB 2.0 card. ....and a new 350w 80+ spec. psu....

An unknown error has occured.
I can't delete any messages or move messages from my InBox to other folders without getting "an unknown error has occured". Does anyone know how I can fix this? sa;1263493 Wrote: > I can't delete any messages or move messages from my InBox to other > folders > without getting "an unknown error has occured". Does anyone know how I > can > fix this? Hello Sa, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below may be able to help you fix this. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html Hope this helps, Sh...

Unknown printer error
HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v and i encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently. And some receipt takes time to process. Any solutions for this? Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). They get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can hit retry and it goes on through. But it is a very big hassle when they get busy. It is happening probably 10-12 times a day. If you have any insight into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!! rbroach@dalcom.com ...

Complete unknown values in series
I have a series of lab values vs age. I can plot them on a graph and a line forms between the values forming a curve though not symetrical. Since age is a constant across the graph from 0 to 120 hours, is there a way to get Excel to predict lab values for specific ages based on the curve generated on the graph by the known values? If so, can someone help me through this? Thank you. you can use <chart><add trendline> to have Excel try to fit your data. If you have a theoretical expected fit (Log, Power, exponential, etc) you can tell excel to fit many of those curves. In ...

Unknown outbound taffic
A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 553 sorry, syntax error or rejected address, please forward to your postmaster (#5.7.1) The message that caused this notification was: To: <vincent_chen@aipo.com.tw> From: <2Q2Amy@ms30.hinet.net> Subject: I am having prolems with unknown outbound taffic on my mail server. It is exchange 5.5. Anyone any ideas what is the cause of this. Regards Aaron .. Are you referring to it looking like your server is being used to relay mail? The most common cause for this these days, assuming your ...

The message interface has returned an unknown error. If
I get this as an error message. The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook. Any ideas? See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:09d601c3bb79$ad35b180$a001280a@phx.gbl, Catfish wrote: > I get this as an error message. > > The message interface has returned an unknown error. If > the problem persists, restart outlook. > > Any ideas? ...

Unknown User found in OWA logs
Hi, I'm using SBS2003 (Premium with ISA) and I was looking through the ISA logs to see Outlook Web Access internet use and I saw an external unknown user name ("xxx") logging into our mail system and actually reading other peoples accounts. http://publishing.OurDomain.local:Port/exchange/xxx/ We don't have any user names called "xxx" how can I find out how this user is logging into the other accounts and reading mail ? Very worried...David Found out that you can login to your account by using any email address in your SMTP list and that name will show up in y...

repair a windows installation from within ANOTHER installation
Ok I hope that I am explaining this correctly: I had an issue with windows xp, and I wanted to repair it, but for some reason my disc (dont ask why) didnt give me a choice of repairing the windows installation..so I just installed another copy (now c: \windows.1 lets say) I dont want to go through the hassle of fixing everything, reinstalling my shortcuts, etc....I just want to be able to repair my ORIGINAL windows installation c:\windows. Is there a way, from the windows.1 installation, to repair the c:\windows installation? like doing the sfc /scanow but to scan the original w...

How can I reinstall/repair the Exchange POP3 service?
I have a client that installed the Microsoft POP3 service on his Exchange server and it removed the Exchange POP3 service. Now his email isn't working. I read a post of someone saying that even if I remove the Windows POP3 it won't fix the Exchange POP3 and what the other person did was have to reinstall Exchange. Is there another way to get the Exchange POP3 back? Thanx, David. On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:45:00 -0800, dsatchell <support@REMOVECAPSaustincs.com> wrote: >I have a client that installed the Microsoft POP3 service on his Exchange >server and it removed the E...