universal formatting of all cells in all worksheets

I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I
want the width to be set to 15.86.
Instead of going to every sheet and making the change, is
there a way that I can set the width for that column in
all of the sheets

right click on a sheet tab>select all sheets>set whatever on the sheet you
are on>select any One sheet.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"jeremyrod" <jeremyrodriguez@cmsmechanical.com> wrote in message
> I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I
> want the width to be set to 15.86.
> Instead of going to every sheet and making the change, is
> there a way that I can set the width for that column in
> all of the sheets

0
Don

View lengthy text from one cell to another cell without widening c
View lengthy text from one cell to another cell without widening cell width of the other cell I used the = sign to display a long text in cell A1 in cell H1 so that if I change the text of A1, cell H1 will change as well; I want to keep the cell widths of the worksheet narrow; how can I view the entire text in H1 without having to widen it; whereas the formula bar in A1 shows the entire text, the formula bar shows only the formula reference, not the text itself On a related point, I downloaded a form template and linked it to my data; when I use the = sign to insert my data...

protecting cells #2
How do you protect cells that contain a formula, and leave unprotected cells that will have data entered into it? Hi Ed! Select all cells in the worksheet by pressing the button at the intersection of rows and column headings. Format > Cells > Protection Remove check from "Locked" OK Select the cells you want to protect Format > Cells > Protection Place check in "Locked" OK Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet Give and confirm password if you want OK Note that it's a two stage operation. Format Protection followed by Tools Protection. To change, you...

Universal Macros?
I have a file that I export to excel and I need to constantly reformat the cells etc. I recorded a Macro for the formatting but everytime I export it again the macro isnt there. How to I record a macro and make it available to any document in excel? Thanks Put the macro in PERSONAL.XLS. This hidden file gets opened every time you start Excel. Bernard "Andrew" <andrew@fredlewis.com> wrote in message news:OVDuxIxlDHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a file that I export to excel and I need to constantly reformat the > cells etc. I recorded a Macro for the formatti...

Find a value in cells
Hi, all, I have something like this : a 1 b 4 c 5 d 3 I'm doing a max function in the number column and it returns me '5' But, after that, I want to know the letter which corresponds to the max number How can I do that? Thanks Nic -- nicgendron ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nicgendron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386417 Let's say that...

Conditional Formatting
Is there a way to copy and paste ONLY the conditional formatting settings? In other words I don't want the destination cells to acquire all the other formats (borders, font size, etc) of the source cell. -- Art I don't think you can copy and paste only part of the formatting. You can however change the Applies To range for the conditional format to expand it to cover the additional cells you would like it to apply to. If your formatting uses formulas, make sure you absolute and relative references (ie $a$1 or A1) are appropriate for whatever you are trying to do. --...

Lookup with multiple criteria on diff worksheets
Hi ng. Using xl xp pro Trying to setup some lookup formulas on summary! Data to be queried is on data! Data is setup in this format: Col A - Unit (15 but may need to add more) Row 1 - Account (20 but may need to add more) Current range defined as My_Range Summary is setup in this format: $d$1:$R$1 - Unit $B$2:$B$32 - Account Units and accounts are always text format. Ex Unit = Arizona , Account = Phoenix A Unit may have many different accounts Trying to setup fomula on summary! so when find matching criteria D1 and B2 return intersecting value from Data! Then when drag formula right or ...

Newsletter pages format
How do I (or can I?) insert an 8.5x11 page into an 11x17 newsletter without creating a separate file? I'm using Publisher 2003. Please cc me at lindadevore@gmail.com because I need this right away. Thank you if you can help! Booklet setup is 4 pages, if you want a fifth page, do it separately. Or you can insert 4 pages, leave pages 3, 4 and 6 blank and cut it apart. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LindaD" <LindaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:504CE012-B155-4D21-89F8-CE1C09D2C27...

change a text format to number format
I need to link to someone elses table but they have used a different format type for a field called ACCOUNT. I am a beginner and do not know how to write SQL but I was wondering if it is possible to use an update query to change a text field in this situation into a number format. I am trying to run a mismatch query on this table with another table in my database that has a field called ACCOUNT but my table has a number format. I am trying to come up with a list of ACCOUNT numbers that are common in both tables. Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide Let...

Can a Universal Distribution Group be part of a Universal Security Group
The "_All Managers" is a Universal Distribution Group. I created a "Managers Universal Group" and made it a Universal Security Group, and I added the "_All Managers" DUG to it. My boss's email was: "I made the UG the only authorized user for Project and it instantly disappeared from my Citrix login options. (Before my user account had explicitly been authorized). I don't know that you can effectively add a distribution group to a security group, because that would leave group membership in the hands of the distribution group owner, who l...

Attempting to perform two different sorts on one worksheet. #3
Myrna, I pretty new to VBA. Most of the programming I do involves recordin macros and then finding ways to clean them up or make them universal i some fashion. But I understand the theory of your suggestions and wil try them some Saturday with two pots of coffee and some Led Zeppli playing softly in the background. Thank you very much for your help. Case -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264...

How do I change the default cell format?
I always have to change the cell format (Alignment, wrap text, etc) because I don't like the default settings. Could anyone tell me where can I change these setttings? Thanks! Álvaro You can create a new workbook and save it as book.xlt in your XLStart folder. For each sheet in that workbook, format the sheets the way you want. When you click on the New icon on the standard toolbar, your new workbook will inherit all the settings from this template workbook. You can also create a new workbook and save it as sheet.xlt (also saved to your XLStart folder). Then any worksheet yo...

Advice for a University Student
(X-posted to Mac software and Office groups) Hi, First off, apologies for the long query, it's also quite multifaceted, so it might be more applicable to other groups, if someone could advise me where to cross-post to I'd be grateful. I'm a disabled student, about to transfer to another university in England. Due to my needs I require electronic solutions to note taking (OneNote seems to be the best solution so far). I need a notebook computer, but I'm not sure what would be the best solution in terms of OS and software. If I had a Windows solution, I'd want Vista as a ...

Tile or Cascade multiple worksheets or documents
HELP! I've just upgraded from MS Office 97 (to Officwe 2003) & cannot figure out how to TILE or CASCADE multiple worksheets on my screen. Under Office 97, it was a simple - Hit Windows, then Tile. The instructions for Office 2003 tell me to right-click the Windows Taskbar. WHAT and WHERE is the windows taskbar?? Please if anyone can answer this in a hurry, email me at BarbCPA@att.net. This darn thing is keeping me from getting work done! Thanks so much, Barb Try this: Create a new window for each sheet you wish to display. <Window> <NewWindow> Then, <Win...

PO Integration-date format
Hi Folks I'm using ver 10 sp 4 and I need to integrate PO's in a terminal server environment. I've used a 'test' user with the date set to the American format of yyyy/mm/dd the PO will come in just fine. Problem is that we are in South Africa and our date format is dd/mm/yyyy. The PO won't come in against that format. I am using the Excel driver. Does anyone have an idea how I can bring PO's in without the date format being American? Many thanks Sheila Sheila, Please take a look at my article "Supported Date Formats in Integration Manager"...

How can I unprotect an Excel worksheet without the password?
I need to modify a document in Excel but lost the password that is required to unprotect the worksheet so I can edit it. Is there any way to override the protection or at least copy and paste all the contents into a new blank worksheet? -- Newellmyra See here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- Best Regards, Luke M "Newellmyra" <Newellmyra.61f89b5@excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:Newellmyra.61f89b5@excelbanter.com... > > I need to modify a document in Excel but lost the password that is > required to unprotect the...

Date format in a combo box
I have a combo box that lists class start dates for a given location. The dates are showing up (and they are dates in the table (short date format)). I can't get them to align to the right in the form combo drop down, no matter what I try to do. Any suggestions? What is the row source for your combo box? Post it here so we can see it... -- Daryl S "beavetoots" wrote: > I have a combo box that lists class start dates for a given location. The > dates are showing up (and they are dates in the table (short date format)). > I can't get them...

subtotaling worksheets
I have 2 workbookbooks each with numerous worksheets of varying length is there a way to automatically put subtotals under the last row i each (preferably only under the Jan-Dec Columns only) -- GazM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GazMo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27025 You could write a macro to do this, but it might be a little complex. Are you familiar with VBA -- veh -------------------------------------------------------...

Custom Cell Formatting Using % With Dates
First, thanks in advance for any help. I'm using the NETWORKDAYS function along with the TODAY function to calculate the amount of time that has elapsed for a given phase on a function. The problem I have is with formatting the percentage complete. So for example... 1. Today is 3/10/10. If the phase of the project is say 3/5/10 to 3/12/10 I'm fine. 2. If the start date is later, say 3/11/10 it displays a negative number in the cell, like -10% complete. 3. If the completion date was 3/9/10 I might end up with something like 110% complete. Now, I've been able t...

What is format overflow?
This is a question in one of my assignments. Figures hey.. Can anybody help me since i am finding it very difficult to get information on this... Hi Chantele, Take a look at this article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213904 HTH Martin "Chantele" <Chantele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B78F0910-7C3C-4BA1-A465-36C602806267@microsoft.com... > This is a question in one of my assignments. Figures hey.. Can anybody > help > me since i am finding it very difficult to get information on this... This relates to format related issues when sa...

cell formatting & Input box
Hi, the format of cell p_1 is "dd-mm-yy hh:mm" this procedure running inputbox: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim row As Integer Range("p_1").Select With ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "dd-MM-yy hh:mm" End With If Target.row = 3 And Target.Column = 2 And Range("p_1").Value = "" Or Range("p_1").Value = 0 Then _ : Range("p_1").Value = InputBox("Wpisz datę" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Początkową" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Delegacji PL:") Range("K_1&...

Formatting Footers
I am using 2007 and want to insert a footer with varying formatting. I can do this no problem under insert footer and apply to all slides but although the text shows on each slide the different colours only show on the slide I have set up the footer on. I have tried using the slide master but often I need to change presentations already created. Thanls for any advise. On the master select the footer placeholder (no need to add text) and adjust the format. When you change the footer and apply to all it should pick up the format. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PP...

insert 'tab' keyboard value into cell formula
I want to add the 'tab key' value into an excel formula in my worksheet. For example: in my cell if have the following formula...=a1&'tab'&=a2&'tab'&=a3&'tab'&=a4. I then want to cut and paste this cell value into a form with 4 input boxes. I'm trying to use the tab so the it will skip to each subsequent box before pasting the next value. Any ideas will be appreacited. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelFo...

University Account
Is there anyway I can set up my Plymouth University account onto Outlook - so I can see that account, alongside my Hotmail account? Your UNI is probably the place to ask for the required settings "Eloise" <Eloise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D91864-CAE1-4B16-821C-B4DE5252E8F9@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway I can set up my Plymouth University account onto Outlook - > so > I can see that account, alongside my Hotmail account? Eloise wrote: > Is there anyway I can set up my Plymouth University account onto Outlook - so > I can se...

Excel Default Date Format When Not Including The Year In The Entry
When not including the year into the entry as you know Excel automatically put the current year as the year for the date, it also formats the cell as d-mmm when the cell was previously set as a "General" format. Regional settings has been set to the format of mm/dd/yyyy, but that doesn't have any impact on the format used by Excel in this case. I have seen articles suggesting to use either a template (but that means all cells are formatted as date, which that isn't good either for other reasons) for creating new workbooks, or to use a macro within "ThisWorkbook&q...

Print Mixed Orientation Worksheets
In Excel 2000 when I print the whole workbook containing worksheets o mixed orientation (both portrait and landscape) the printing get messed up. Printing the sheets individually work fine. What's up wit that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...