Unhiding worksheets

I am a user of Excel 2000.

A workbook that I update contains 10 worksheets, of which I hide 4 once I
have updated them (on a weekly basis).

Excel allows me to hide all 4 at once, however I have to unhide each sheet
on an individual basis.  Is there a way of unhiding all hidden sheets at once?

Thanks.
0
Plugboy (1)

Hi
you need VBA for this. Or try an addin. e.g.:
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ExcelUtilities.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Plugboy wrote:
> I am a user of Excel 2000.
>
> A workbook that I update contains 10 worksheets, of which I hide 4
> once I have updated them (on a weekly basis).
>
> Excel allows me to hide all 4 at once, however I have to unhide each
> sheet
> on an individual basis.  Is there a way of unhiding all hidden sheets
> at once?
>
> Thanks.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/14/2004 1:38:30 PM
Sub Unhide_All_WS()
Dim ws As Worksheet
    ws.Visible = True
Next
End Sub

--
HTH
Jason

0
jasonjmorin (551)

Numbering of worksheets
I have a workbook with a number of sheets all individually named. I am trying to loop through most of them in VBA by using something along the lines of:- for a=5 to 16 sheet(a).select rest of code Next My problem stems from the fact that I have no idea how the sheet numbering system used in VBA relates to the sheet numbers in the workbook or the order they are displayed in the workbook. I have three or four sheets that I wish to exclude as the information required is collated on these sheets and I am constantly adding and removing sheets as projects are completed. It would probably suit ...

Join two worksheets
Is there any way to join two different worksheets - especially with different structures? I would like to create one super-worksheet with information from two (or more) other worksheets, so that the same rows from each appear in the new worksheeet associated with the same persons. This is like a logical "join" in databases. Perhaps by exporting the worksheets into Access? Jim, Doing it with Access is certainly the best way, as far as I'm concerned. Just one suggestion you might want to consider: if your spreadsheets keep changing (which I assume they do), you could av...

Worksheet Limit?
Is there a limit to the number of worksheets within a workbook? I have a workbook with a template and another worksheet. When I try to create any new worksheets by copying the template, after the 38th copy (40 total worksheets) I get an error message saying that no more new fonts can be applied in this workbook. Any help will be appreciated. Monte Sliger Monte, form excel help, Maximum number of sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ...

Search Multiple Worksheets
Search several worksheets. This what I would like to do, (so any thought and suggestions greatly accepted) In a workbook I have 3 worksheets Sheet2, Column A R1 Lemon, R2 Apples, R3 Pears, Column B R1 Ref_L R2 Ref_A R3 Ref_P Sheet3, Column A R1 Grapes, R2 Lemon, R3 Nuts, Column B R1 Ref_G R2 Ref_L R3 Ref_N On sheet1 I want to put a search box and a button, and underneath that a results box. So if I type in Ap* (or indeed the usual search criteria) then it would search sheets 1 and 2 and list the following in the results box Sheet2 Apples Ref_A Sheet3 Grap...

Re: combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Option Explicit > Sub Copy_them() > > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > > Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

Naming worksheets...new to VBA
Hi, I'm pretty new to VBA and need to create a simple macro. When the command button it is linked to is clicked...I need it to search a workbook for the highest numbered worksheet (ex. "G4" was the highest sheet so the macro will create G5) and then create a new worksheet. This might be a simple problem but any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mjack --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this Mjack Sub test() Dim Shcount As Long Shcount = Sheets.Count Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = "G" & Shcount + 1 End Sub -- Regar...

Can I email unique worksheets from a workbook to different users?
Hi Laura See my site for example code http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe you like the templates -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8220F1-590B-406F-BFC5-B692250CF29E@microsoft.com... > ...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

Linking info from other worksheet
I need to link some info. I have a worksheet with all my account numbers in column A, with all the corresponding account names in column B. I have another sheet in the same workbook that I am keying miscellaneous information regarding these accounts. I would like to key the account number in column A in this other sheet and have the corresponding account name automatically show up in the corresponding cell in the B column. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Mike Hi, VLOOKUP is best, but won't lookup tables from another sheet unless you mane the table. So, name Columns A...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Excel-Grouping with protection of worksheet?
Hello Can EXcel gurus help me, After grouping i have protected the sheet. So that user(s) should not modifiy the contents but should be able to read. protection of sheet protects the grouping also. As a result user fails to click the + or _ button og the groups or switch between the levels (by clicking levels at the top left corner). Is there a way to have a protected sheet + with switching between grouping allowed? Thanks, bc If you protect the sheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??), you can allow this: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") ...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...

how to merge data from numerous worksheets into one sheet.
Hi,I'm trying to merge data from numerous worksheets, with varying numbers of rows, but the same column headings, into the one worksheet. i've been cutting and pasting to get the desired results but it takes at least 15 minutes per workbook. Does anyone know if this is feasible? (Skill level?, I would say I'm no more than a casual user) Thanks in advance. What specifically is meant by 'merge data' To do complete rows, filter the book to be copied and Select, Copy and Paste as one selection, To do matching cell data, use VLookup for the columns required. Any further...

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

saving individual worksheet
When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even when I save Worksheet 3, when I open it, it shows up as Worksheet 1. Any clues what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help. I'm a newbie (shocker!). bob Bob, This is not typical, so how are you saving the individual worksheet? What steps do you take? -- HTH Bob Phillips "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:Om%5b.110$Yt.17@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > When I save in Excel, how do I save individual worksheets separately? Even > when I save Worksheet 3, when I open ...

Is there a keystoke to navigate between worksheets in a workbook?
Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mmarv" <Mmarv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4193031-FE15-479E-ACD7-09AD409BCEA9@microsoft.com... > ...

Heps to design Locked/Unlocked cells in protected worksheet
Download it from http://www.addintools.com The Cell Lens Of Locked&Unlocked render and change the background color of cells according to their lock/unlock state: the locked cells to gray, the unlocked cells to blue. Assist has also offered a Quick Lock button to lock the selected range at once and a Quick Unlock button to unlock immediately. Now you are very clear about which cells are locked and which cells are unlocked. Just cancel this Cell Lens, the background color will be restored. Cell Lens Of Data Type render and change the background color of cells according to their data ...

Sorting one worksheet from another worksheet
I am wanting to sort data in a worksheet from a command button on a different worksheet. I want the focus to stay (or at least return) to the worksheet containing the command button. Is this even possible? If so, could someone supply a sample of code? Both worksheets are in the same workbook. Using excel 2003 . Yes. The trick is to not select the other sheet. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myRng As Range Set wks = Me.Parent.Worksheets("Sheet2") 'some other sheet With wks Set my...

Worksheet within a Worksheet
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a worksheet within a worksheet? I need to reference an extensive list of account numbers within a worksheet and I don't want the account numbers running all the way down the sheet. What do you mean by "reference"? What exactly are you trying to do? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- <michaelburkett@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120850412.61...

Conditional Formatting on Multiple Worksheets
I want to apply conditional formatting to the same cell on 12 worksheets within one workbook in Excel 2007. As soon as I select multiple worksheets, the conditional formatting option is greyed out. The workbook is not shared or protected and I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003. Please help! Hi, That is how it seems to work in 2007, this could be intentional or it could be a bug, I will file it as a bug report. Your solution: Format the first cell or range on one sheet. Click the Format Painter Click the tab for the first sheet you want formatted the same way, either Shift c...

Move worksheets into separate workbooks
-- De Lot of info Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D95D397-4807-4487-9804-25641B4AC861@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Many, many thanks Ron. That macro worked brillantly and saved me from a very tedious job. Thanks, again -- De "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Lot of info > > Try this > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm > > > > -- > Regards Ron de Bruin > http://www.rondebruin.nl > > >...

Comparing 2 coulumns in different worksheets and printing the rows that match
hello, Sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to learn some Visual Basic t maybe make a function that woudl do what i need, but that is goin slow. What i am trying to do follows. Workbook: NeededPatches.xls sheet1: Srvneed sheet2: ITPatches sheet3: Final I have created a perl script that uses the microsft progra hfnetchk.exe to find what patches are needed on all of our systems her at work. it gives me a text print out that is tab delimited and import that into excel on the *Srvneed* sheet. *Column B* in this shee has the patch numbers for what is needed. Now our IT security also has a lis...

unhide fails everytime
I have a macro that hides all columns and rows with no data in them. To re-edit the thing and fill in the data, I have to unhide those rows and columns. I've got the unhide help screen staring me in the face. if I GOTO a1 and choose unhide from the format menu NADA if I select b2-> right click and unhide NADA select B1 format->unhide NADA.. excel 2003. What am I missing ? -- more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html First, I don't see an Unhide option under the Format dropdown. Are you looking at Format|sheet|unhide, format|column|Unhide, format|Row|unhide??? ...