Unhiding Sheets

Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel?
0
venita (2)

yes

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"venita" <venita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel?

0
Don
7/14/2005 3:33:48 PM
venita, it is with a macro, like this

Sub UnHideAll()

'unhide all sheets in a workbook

Dim sht As Worksheet

For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets

    sht.Visible = xlSheetVisible

  Next

End Sub
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"venita" <venita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel?

GREAT!  How?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> yes
>

> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "venita" <venita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel?

0
venita (2)

UserForm and combo box to another sheet
Hi, i need to create 2 things. 1. a userform to add new contact & client details to a hidden data sheet 2. a combo box in an excel sheet to use the information from the hidden sheet. I have found a combobox and data on the same sheet thanks to Deborah Dalgleish's site information which states that the data can br created on another sheet. however, i cannot fint how to link the "listfillrange" to it. The userform should appear with the press of a button and have the following: contact name, Company, address, phone number, mobile number. when appy is pressee, the info goes u...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

transfer cell $ amount to other sheet month-to-month without overc
I am trying to do a budget plan for an entire year going into the next. I am trying to have it transfer the savings ($ amout) of the current month to the next month and have the that saving be added to any possible savings of the next if it is to be. here is what i have in theary: If the item in cell "H30" is possitive but also greater than the item in cell "K42", show a savings and have it be transfered to the next month budget plan. is that a possible task? For the current sheet, to show the amount that will be transferred, =if(and(h30>0,h30>k32),h30-k32,0) ...

Rules for Sheet names
I am creating workbooks through a programmatic interface and need to know what constraints there are on worksheet names. I understand that they have to be no more than 31 (or 32?) characters in length, but are there other rules like allowable characters that I need to be aware of? Sparky Avoid / \ ? * [ ] and the word history -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "sparky" <sparky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D44B794D-A31E-4C0B-892A-859F6CC19B6C@microsoft.com... >I am creating workboo...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

name of sheet
Just curious...is there a formula that will give the name of a sheet? Im using Excel 2000. hans Hi Hans try one of the following formulas (note: the workbook has to be save before). Just use the formulas as they are shown (don't replace 'filename' with anything) File path and file name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)- 1) File name only =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1) +1,FIND("]",CEL L("filename",A1)...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

how to merge data from numerous worksheets into one sheet.
Hi,I'm trying to merge data from numerous worksheets, with varying numbers of rows, but the same column headings, into the one worksheet. i've been cutting and pasting to get the desired results but it takes at least 15 minutes per workbook. Does anyone know if this is feasible? (Skill level?, I would say I'm no more than a casual user) Thanks in advance. What specifically is meant by 'merge data' To do complete rows, filter the book to be copied and Select, Copy and Paste as one selection, To do matching cell data, use VLookup for the columns required. Any further...

Cannot move or copy sheet to front of large notebook
Once the workbook starts to get many pages I can no longer move or copy (copy) a sheet to the front of the workbook to edit to be the next new entry. If I do a (save copy as) then this works again in the new copy of the workbook. My version is XP 2002 small business. I do use colored tabs if this matters and there are no hidden sheets. gweisberg@northcoastequipment.com You may simply be running up against a memory limitation. If your worksheets are large, they may be exceeding you RAM. When Excel starts to run out of memory, it can become do this sort of thing. Craig Huggart Microsoft...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

Help building Group Expense Sheet with Equal Allocation
undefinedundefined I am trying to build a Spreadsheet that will allow me to distribut costs equally to all members of the group for vacation purposes. Fo instance, if there are 10 members, and one group member pays $100, an another pays $50, and the rest of the group does not contribute. Tha means that each member is required to pay $15, but b/c members 1 & already paid, they are entitled to reimbursement. What I want to b able to calculate is how much each person in the group owes the othe people. Obviously person one is entitled to $85 and member 2 i entitled to $35, but I want to ...

Sort and add Sheet's help
Hi All Need some help. I have about 8000 lines to sort on a daily basis via excel What I need I have A-P Colums across And 8000 - 10,000 lines going down Colum C= Sales person's Name There is about 20 or different names What I need is so that for Every sales person it creates a new Sheet Called (Sales person's Name reps name new names added every day) Then puts all the info from each line that has there name on it. And it puts all info from Colum Hope it makes Sense I'm not sure what you are needing. Does the 8000 - 10000 rows of dat change daily? Do you want new sheets...

If Name is checked on Sheet 1, mark appropriate column in Sheet 2??
We have a list of names on Sheet 1. If one of these people needs review, there is a column to place an X next to their name; typing the X makes their name show in another column. Like so: Name X? Yes Bob Sue X Sue Hal Edd X Edd Flo On Sheet 2 is an imported list of activity reports. One of the items on the imported list is the file path; from this we can extract the name into a helper column. I can use MATCH in Sheet 1 to look up the "Yes" names ("Sue" and "Edd") within the Name column on Sheet 2 and mark them so we can tell at...

Excel sheet protected
Hello all I have a space in my sheet1 that is blocked but I need work in this space with a VBA macro. How can I work in this blocked space by keeping (after macro) the cells blocked? Thanks henpat You could have your macro unprotect the worksheet, do its work and then reprotect the worksheet. With worksheets("sheet99") .unprotect password:="hi" 'do your work .protect password:="hi" end with henpat wrote: > > Hello all > I have a space in my sheet1 that is blocked but I need work in this space > with a VBA macro. > How can I wo...

Impoting data from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2
Hi, I am being asked to create an spreadsheet where: *Sheet 1 has data that someone will update and add to daily *Sheet 2 has data only from a specific range of columns from sheet 1 that updates real time based on what you are adding or changing on sheet 1. Example: Sheet 1 has information in columns A to M but sheet 2 only needs information from columns C and G-K. However, they want the data from sheet 1, columns C and G-K to update automatically to sheet 2 based on the updates they do on sheet 1. Does that make sense or did I make it more confusing? :) Is this possible? If so, how d...

Automatically Cut Data and Paste to Different Sheet???
Hey guys- You have all been soo wonderful about helping me out on the other issues- I decided to throw this one at you... I have searched newsgroups, this forum, etc, and see references to this, but not to do exactly as I need done. So maybe someone can throw me in the right direction here... I have a column of numeric values. IF the cell value is negative or less than zero, I want the entire ROW that it sits on cut and pasted onto the worksheet named 'Check Status' within the same file. This row(s) would be pasted to the first available row on that sheet. I would like this all done ...

Reset Sheet
I have code such as the following linked to a command button that when the checkboxes are selected and the command button pressed it will turn the appropriate range of cells yellow. I would like to have an additional button that when pressed will reset the form back to the original view where the checkboxes are not selected and the range of cells are white which is the color they begin as. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Public Sub Seasonal() Sheets("Form").Visible = True If Worksheets("Index").CheckBox15.Value = False Then Exit Sub Sheets("...

How to create first sheet as a list of names of remaining sheets?
I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. Hi Datanull, You might look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm --- Regards, Norman <datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117217081.633053.269190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the > list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. > or... My Excel add-in "Excel Extras" -Table o...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

how to print a master sheet together with another sheet
i need to print a master sheet with a result sheet it is in the same workbook but on a different sheet but i need to print them on one sheet ...

Macro that creates named ranges on all sheets
I'm trying to create a macro that will go through each of the 15 existing worksheets I have and create specific named ranges on each Every sheet will have the same named ranges, so I'm trying to discove a way to get Excel to generate a different name for each of them. A added complexity is that each range is duplicated on each sheet, bu may be named something different -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You're going to have to be a bit more specific - if the names are different, a macro won't necessarily be any more efficient than doing things by hand. Is th...

how do you to create a spread sheet from scratch
Buy a Dummies book Regards, Peo Sjoblom That's big "piece of string" question that I would only start to answer by asking three questions - What are you trying to do What are your inputs (data) What are your outputs (presentation of data) Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions David McRitchie has a list of Excel tutorials that may help you get started: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorials impervious wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Reference to a cell in a previous sheet
Hi, I created a macro and in the macro, I'd like to enter a code whereby the cell, A1, will be equal to a cell, C3, in a previous sheet. What is the code I have to put in the Visual Basic Editor? Thanks! Val To enter a formula into a1 use Sheets("sheet2").Range("a1").Value = "=Sheet1!c3" or to enter the value of c3 into a1 use this one line of code Sheets("sheet2").Range("a1").Value = Sheets("sheet1").Range("c3").Valu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, but I'd like to reference to a p...

Copy sheet to new sheet
I am having a problem with excel 2007 with copying sheets. I can copy a sheet repeatedly until I rename the sheet and then copy again. I get a message that says the sheet I'm copying contains the name 'M' which already exists in the new sheet. First, the sheet has not copied yet. Two, I have searched the sheets and can find no formula or group of cells named 'M'. -- Thanks, Nick ...