unhide all columns

the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M
I need to show all the columns
they are not protected I just dont know how to show/unhide them

hi
it's always a good idea to state what version excel you have perticularly
now since the newer version of excel is so radically different.
high light column h and m. (h through m?)

03
on the meun bar>format>columns>unhide
07
home tab>cells group>format>hide and unhide>unhide columns

regards
FSt1

"unhide all columns" wrote:

> the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M
> I need to show all the columns
> they are not protected I just dont know how to show/unhide them
thanks for the reply
version is 2003

I tryed that but they are still not showing
There is no protection
I can send the sheet if that would help

"FSt1" wrote:

> hi
> it's always a good idea to state what version excel you have perticularly
> now since the newer version of excel is so radically different.
> high light column h and m. (h through m?)
>
> 03
> on the meun bar>format>columns>unhide
> 07
> home tab>cells group>format>hide and unhide>unhide columns
>
> regards
> FSt1
>
> "unhide all columns" wrote:
>
> > the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M
> > I need to show all the columns
> > they are not protected I just dont know how to show/unhide them
thanks that worked

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> In ALL(!) Excel versions do so:
> Click and hold the mouse button while selection the two column headers H & M.
> Now, Right click on one of them and then click "Unhide".
> Micky
>

> "unhide all columns" wrote:
>
> > the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M
> > I need to show all the columns
> > they are not protected I just dont know how to show/unhide them

Select certain cells in a column
I need to copy certain cells in a column and past them into a word document, but when I select them by using Ctrl+C I can select the individual cells but when I try to paste them into word I get all the cells between the first and last. I have tried using both paste and paste special. What I mean is I select cell 3,6,9,12 using Ctrl+C it selects the individual cells OK, but when I try to paste them into word I get all the cells between 3 and 12. Is there a way to copy and paste cells that are not contiguous and past them into a word document other than one at a time? Ed ...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel?
Our NPO is in the process of creating a reimbursement chart for our employees and we're trying to make it so that if they do not fill in a particular column entitled "Project," they will get an error message or will be unable to sum their final expenses together. Is there a way to make a single column required in an Excel sheet so that not filling in this cell would block any more entries or would block a final reimbursement number? Thank you in advance for any help or advice! Hi: For conditional blocking access to a worksheet cell you need some programming I believe. Ho...

Excel crashes when columns are deleted or added to workbook
I have been working on an Excel97 workbook (in NT4). This workbook has a main sheet with various formatting added by a Worksheet_Change procedure. This sheet is basically a database with about 60 columns and 500+ rows. There are a number of other sheets, but I have not made any changes to these. All had been fine until I attempted to remove a column within the data area, and add another two columns to the left of it. I also added 4 columns at the end of the data area. When I tried to open the workbook after saving and closing, it crashed with an 'access violation' application error. ...

compare two columns and pull out differences
I have two columns of numbers. I want to know the numbers that do not have a match or are not in both columns. But I need all of each column to be compared to all of the other column...not cell by cell. It would be great if I could pull out the differences and put them in a different column. Looking at two long lists of numbers to pull out the different number is very time consuming! Thanks for any help you can give me! To check column A against column B: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",A2) vice versa: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0)),"",B2) Any number lis...

Hidden Columns
Cannot open hidden columns by selecting the column adjacent to either side Is the worksheet protected (check Tools/Protection on the menu bar)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "FITZWALLY" <FITZWALLY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BCE1A96-F336-4ACE-91E4-50BD04196383@microsoft.com... > Cannot open hidden columns by selecting the column adjacent to either side ...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

Alternate Column Shading to be applied only to visible columns
Dear Experts: Below macro applies alternate shading to the used range considering ONLY visible rows (alternate row shading to visible rows). Could somebody please re-write the code to perform COLUMN banding (alternate column shading) instead of row banding (alternate row shading) . Only visible columns should be considered. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ColorRows() Dim c As Range Dim CI(0 To 1) As Long Dim i As Long Dim Rng As Range CI(0) = xlColorIndexNone CI(1) = 15 'I actually changed this from her's for li...

How do I easily format a column to convert input of 120307 to 12:.
I'm trying to reduce the amount of keystrokes a customer needs to enter time data. Essentially, they want to type only the numbers of an entry of hh:mm:ss. When using a format built into Excel (non-custom), the system turns the data into DD/MM/YY hh:mm:ss, coming up with an incorrect hour , minute, second conversion. any ideas? Preformat the cells as text prior to entry. In fact, the customer only needs 7 keystrokes (6 digits + <Enter>): A1: hhmmss Then, to convert to a time that Excel understands, use: =--REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,3,,":"),6,,":") and form...

summing data in multiple columns
I'm looking for a formula to lookup criteria in column A and add the results in columns B, C, D, E, etc. For example I would like to know the sum of how many "CATS" have been sold in a given year and I will be adding addtional months as time progresses and do not want to have to adjust my range or formula each time a new months worth of data is added. For example. column A column B column C column D column E DOGS 100 200 150 50 CATS 200 300 100 0 FISH 50 1...

Insert a sub-total column AND a total column
I have a ledger with over 350 rows: Columns A-D are text. Column E is the billed amount for the row; Column F is where payments are credited against Column E; Column G is a *balance forward;" and Columns H-J are text entries. I would like to now include a column that will show a running total of Column E (so that I can see, over the years, how much has been billed to the client). If it makes a difference in your response, please note that I have_no_empty columns, and I can't even figure out how to add a new column (K) to accommodate this running tota...

Calculation & Columns run
Hi, I've some questions as following : My PC with Windows 98 SE OS and using Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition and with Ms Excel 97. I've the *.xls files and have quite of number sheet are created. And every sheets are linked to each others. I've encountered the following problems : 1) i've done my worksheet, and saved and closed. After that try to re-open the files has been saved previously, some of the amount of calculation are being changed. After that, i closed again the file, and try to open on the same file, the amount of calculation changed again. What is t...

how do i set up a column with negative values automatically?
i am having to enter negative numbers in a single column. is there a way to do so without having to enter all of them one by one manually? is there a command that will automatically make my entry negative? Lets say you enter all the numbers in your column as positive (without the - sign). Then enter -1 in an unused cell somewhere. Copy this cell and paste it special into all your positive numbers with the multiply option checked. This will make all your numbers negative in one fell swoop. -- Gary's Student "pooperdoodle" wrote: > i am having to enter negative nu...

Address Book Column Sequence
Every since I downloaded upgrade to Office XP my email address book is listed Name Display Name Address And I want "Display Name" first because it is last name first unlike the "Name" which is first name first. How can I change the columns? You can't change the columns, nor do you need to. Instead change the sort order of the Address Book. Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dma...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

How to draw an line chart starting at column 1
Hello, I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following | + | + | + | + | + |________ | | | | 1 2 3 4 How can I do that? It always looks like that: | + | + | + | + | + |________ | | | | 1 2 3 4 Greets Xaver Hi, Double click the x axis and on the scale tab uncheck the "Value (Y) axis crosses between categories". Cheers Andy Xaver Hinterhuber wrote: > Hello, > > I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following > > | + > | ...

Summing in a column
I've got Excell 97. Beginner. Can I make Excel sum up data in a column without specifying a specific cell to display the result? So, the result appears in the cell immediately below the last cell in the column containing data, whatever the position in the column the last cell containing data may happen to be. TIA. Rich. With a macro you can do this Exampl;e for column C Sub test() Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(2, 0) _ ..FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R1C:R[-2]C)" End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Richard" <knot@good.co...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

Columns in Publisher 2000
I can't seem to remember how to do columns in Publisher 2000. I know that in Publisher 2002, you just right click on your textbox and go to format textbox and take it from there. But somehow, you aren't able to do this in Publisher 2000. If anyone has an idee, help would be much appreciated. A friend at work is having trouble with that. Thanx Right-click the text box, change frame, Text frame properties, the columns choice is in this screen. Or format menu, Text frame properties. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

High and Low values in column
Is it possible to show the high and low values in column b based on the grouping in column a? I have a customer list with the prices each customer paid for the products. I want to know what the highest and lowest price each customer paid for their products. Is this possible using Excel 2000 or 2003? Thanks, Lee Coleman This is an array formula which must be entered/edited with ctrl+shift+enter =MIN(IF(C3:C33="customerA",D3:D33)) =max -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Lee Coleman" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:...

Copying data from 205 columns to 1 column
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have a table that has 205 columns and 15 rows. I want to copy the data of the 15 rows of every column under Column A with a blank row between the data of every column. Example: A B C A1 B1 C1 A2 B2 C2 A3 B3 C3 B1 B2 B3 C1 C2 C3 I appreciate if somebody can help with this. If this question has been posted before, please direct me to the post. Thanks, Zuo Assume your source data as described is in Sheet1, in A1:A15 across by 205 cols ie 15 rows x 205 cols In another sheet, Put this in any startcell, say ...

Crosstab column data count
I have a crosstab query with Well Name as row heading , site visit Dates as column headings (formatted as "yyyy"), and averaged water level measurements data as the values. The column headings range from 2004-2010 and some wells have no measurements during some of these years. I need to create a dataset from the crosstab that shows total number of years for which each well has data. My attempts at changing the column headings and values around to accomplish this have been futile. Please help. Post your crosstab SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "tmb...

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

Remove Time from Start/Finish Date Columns When Exporting to Excel
One of my managers says that when I send her the MSProject file and she converts it to Excel that in addition to the start/finish dates, it puts in a time in that field as well. For our project we are not dealing with time at all, so all we need to know is the dates. She's been manually removing this time from the field each week, but we are wondering if there is a way to remove this time option so only dates appear in those columns? I look in the project plan options and found an area to specify the working times, but when I tried to delete both fields it would not allow ...

how do I cahnge column headings from numbers to letters
Tools>Options, General tab, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Blairlyng" <Blairlyng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65AFEF43-A997-472D-9E77-580D47DE428E@microsoft.com... > Tools > Options: General, then uncheck "R1C1 reference style", and click on OK -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "Blairlyng" <Blairlyng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65AFEF43-A997-472D-9E77-580D47DE428E@microsoft.com... > Hi, menu...

unhide fails everytime
I have a macro that hides all columns and rows with no data in them. To re-edit the thing and fill in the data, I have to unhide those rows and columns. I've got the unhide help screen staring me in the face. if I GOTO a1 and choose unhide from the format menu NADA if I select b2-> right click and unhide NADA select B1 format->unhide NADA.. excel 2003. What am I missing ? -- more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html First, I don't see an Unhide option under the Format dropdown. Are you looking at Format|sheet|unhide, format|column|Unhide, format|Row|unhide??? ...