Unexpected behavior #2

I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel
me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button
on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar
also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi
an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one o
the buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop dow
box that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo
click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos
and reopen the file and it will continue to happen. I have not bee
able to find any way to fix the file once this starts happening. An
ideas on what is causing this and/or what I can do to fix it?

I had been fortunate until today and the master file had never had thi
problem. Now the master that I do all my development work on has gotte
corrupted

--
ceshelma
ceshelman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431

jpg-datei #2
hi, ich arbeite mit outlook 2000 und habe folgendes problem: wenn ich in meinem posteingang ein jpg-bild �ffnen m�chte dann kommt folgende meldung: "mit der datei C:dokument~\steph....\temp\p423005.jpg ist f�r diese aktion kein programm verkn�pft. ....... was soll ich hier machen vielen dank Joe microsoft.public.de.outlook --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding...

Is this possible #2
In my last post I had talked about setting up a school shop, well I now need to do receipts and I have some small problems. Well I need to take the information that is required (e.g. what is being bought) to be taken to another sheet where it says the cost, price and quantity and the grand total. This is simple if I am using a Macro to copy and paste one line, but what if the child buys than more product? I have and an idea, I thought if the Quantity Section had a IF statement (e.g. IF there is more than 1 in this section than move it to the receipt.) But I do not know how to get round ...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

Odd behavior on margin change
I have to loop through a significant number of charts applying numerous changes in formats. The speed of operation is fast when I am operating my computer stand-alone. However, when I am connect to the internet when running my macros the speed slows down tremendeously and I can observe significant activity on my wireless router and cable modem. The speed is faster in the docking station at work. However, it is slower than when stand-alone. I narrowed down the calls that cause the slowdown and router and cable modem activity. I want the page margins to be different than the default...

Toolbars #2
Does anyone know how to lock the toolbars in Outlook 2000? I'm going crazy because each time I open the program the toolbars are organized into 3 bars instead of 2 as I have done each time I run the program. Check your add-ins as they are notorious for rearranging the toolbars when the folder to which they apply are shown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Eugenio Angueira...

Warning message #2
Hi, While debugging I get: Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001. Anybody any idea where to look for this? Ps. Using VS2005 Tia D. >While debugging I get: >Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001. >Anybody any idea where to look for this? If I remember correctly, it's due to you not creating a resource string for a menu item. If you trawl the MFC source code you'll find it in CFrameWnd::GetMessageString (winfrm.cpp) - put a breakpoint on there and debug your application, the call stack will help you find where it's arising. Dave On Mon, 08 Jan 2007...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Print Preview #2
When I invoke print preview the bottom of the text is being clipped. The drawing is being done in an activex component. I'm using the clip function of ExtTextOut() as pdc->ExtTextOut( x, rect.top, ETO_OPAQUE | ETO_CLIPPED, &rect, text, text.GetLength(), NULL ); When I remove the ETO_CLIPPED attribute, the preview looks ok. However I need the clip function becaues the text area can be sized and I need the text to remain in the edit area. If there is a way to determine if it's a print preview from the CDC that would help. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix? Thanks m...

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

Save as type #2
Hi how can I set in mail message Save As window by default save as type - Outlook Message Format? br, Tarmo tarts <TarmoR@bcs.ee> wrote: > how can I set in mail message Save As window by default save as type - > Outlook Message Format? You cannot change the default "save as type" value. HTML messages will always have a default of .htm, Rich Text a default of .rtf, and PLain text as .txt. You can, however, just drag the message from the mail folder to a Windows file system folder to have a default .msg. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlo...

sharing DBs between 2 instances on same box without linked servers
All, I have two databases A and B on one pyhsical box called 'P'. I need to put another instance of database A on same box. i can not have same database name twice on same physical box twice so my solution was to create another instance of sql server on same box and create database A on it. so now it looks like this. Physical box P has two DBs -A and B New instance of sql server on same physical box P has - A (copy of DB A ) Both DB's "A on physical box P and A on the new sql server instance" need to share/join to single copy of B runing on physica...

Printing a Year-End Report Again #2
I was closing the Receivables Management for the year and I accidentally closed the Receivables Year-End report without printing it. How could I open this report again? I would like to print and save this report but I am already done closing the year. I am using Dynamics version 7.0. ...

Protected Cells #2
I'm in the process of validating an excel spreadsheet. The question has been raised about how we prove that the cells containing the calculations within the spreadsheet are actually protected. It would be possible to go thru each individual calculation cell and attempt to type something into it, thereby causing the error message box to appear, then screenprint it. However, the spreadsheet has something in the region of 150 calculation cells, so this is an impractical solution. What I need is a method by which Excel can be made to list all of the protected cells within the spreadshee...

How do I print 2 copies of a Publisher document on an A4 sheet
Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. Setup your printer for A4, in page layout select custom, landscape, type 14.8cm width, 20.997cm height. The dialogue should say "Prints two copies per sheet." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB398094-C64A-4642-AEED-E686513932D5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? Using Publisher Xp forming part of Office Xp. ...

unexpected conversion trouble

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Defaults to Today's Date #2
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

Outlook task #2
I am running Outlook XP Pro and Windows 2000 and I'm wondering is there a way to arraign tasks by categories. Any help would be appreciated. Lawrence <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Outlook XP Pro and Windows 2000 and I'm > wondering is there a way to arraign tasks by categories. > Any help would be appreciated. In the TaskPad, click View>By Category -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't sp...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Removing Delegates #2
I'm trying to remove a delegate from Outlook 2003 and I get this "The delegate settings were not saved correctly. Unable to active send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." I have checked and no one has a permission to send-on-behalf-of list. Please help I have seen this happen when the GC (Global Catalog) server is not writable by you. This may not mean much to you, but it will to your Exchange Admin. Your Admin can either, point your system to a writable GC and/or Remove the hidden delegates using the Excha...

help with formula #2
Here is the answer of my question sent to Google on 2003- 07-15 00:41:33 PST : """ Tim wrote in message: > > I've got a workbook with many worksheets on it(about 60). On 2 columns > on a sheet in this workbook i have data and i need to export this data > to particular cells in other worksheets. For example on columns A1:A20 > and B1:B20 on a worksheet is my data and I want to export the contents > of cells A1B1 to cells A1B1 in worksheet1 then data from A2B2 to cells > A2B2 in worksheet2 and so on. > What is the easiest way to do this job? > ...

Beginer
hell friends, i got rid of earlier problem but i am facing one more new problem. Problem : How to disable the default buttons present in the tab dialog. i am attaching the code below. Can one tell me what mistake i have done? CTab1 tab1; CTab2 tab2; sheet.AddPage(&tab1); sheet.AddPage(&tab2); sheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~(PSH_HASHELP); //trying to disable help button sheet.DoModal(); i have searched in google and in msdn about this problem but i could not able to find the solution. please help Thank you in advance Murthy >How to disable the default buttons present i...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

Command Button #2
How do I create a command button in a worksheet and assign a command t it using the control box tools, e.g., to sort a list of figures in sheet? Thank you, vija -- vijay2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vijay22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3411 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53885 The macro recorder is your friend. Just use tools>macros>record when you do your sort manually. Then, assign to a button or a shape. I do not recommend command buttons. -- Don...

CRM 4.0 BUG #2
Hi, CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or opening spot and asks me if I want to open or save the file? Has anybody knowledge of this bug? Best regards Bernard Hi, I had similiar issue when FireFox was installed and set as default browser on the client computer. Try setting default browser to IE, restart Outlook and try again. Hope this helps, Jevgenij <info@alsaceformation.fr> wrote in message news:ef56f981-542f-4c5a-8f35-58b4ed1fe6b9@56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or > op...

IE8 says 'last session closed unexpectedly' and offers to restore
I never close down with IE open, so why does it keep asking to restore my last session? I have Windows 7, recently purchased, so no control over IE8. If I delete browsing history, I can use it, and open it over and over, but when I boot the machine, it won't allow me to open IE8 to my home page. Closing it with the task bar doesn't help - it just goes into a wait state the next time I try to open it. (p.s. signing up just to ask this question was a nightmare of unclear directions) "measurement" <measurement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...