undoing conditional formatting

Hello and great day today. I use conditional formatting to find an
error(s) in many rows and columns when my grand totals aren't matching
both down and across. I might have 15 columns and 45 rows with data and
currency listed. I must make sure each row across matches to a grand
total and same down with the columns.

The conditional formatting is great for high-liting discrepancies But
it also highlites rows that are not really errors when put together
with another row. So I fix the row with an actual error but how do I
get rid of the highlite on the rows which are not really errors. I
can't use undo because then I'm back where I started. Thank you.

--
lil'bit

married, muddled, and mistook
lil'bit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4306
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484010

Try this:
Highlight the cells in the row where you want the CF removed
Select Format > Conditional Formatting
Click on Delete and put a check mark in the box indicating the CF you
want removed
Then hit OK and another OK

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848

Oh it worked perfectly. Thank you so much. :)  :) Great board here

--
lil'bi

married, muddled, and mistoo
lil'bit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=430
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48401

You're very welcome.  Glad to help a neighbour.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484010

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Undo save?
Hello people! I have a user who inadvertently saved his workbook after deleting a worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to restore his file to the previous version when he last saved his file. I know there exists the backup copy function, but I am still curious to know if there is a way to backup in the file modification history after a save. (and a bad modification). Thanks! Louisp -- louisp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ louisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25880 View this thread: htt...

Conditional Format #3
Hi all, Can someone help me with this conditional format problem? I am trying to express the following: If the number in cell B3 can be found in the range J1:O1, then the condition is true. The number in B3 is constant (35), the values in range J1:O1 change weekly. Many thanks George Gee Use formula is and =COUNTIF(J1:O1,B3)>0 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "George Gee" <george.nomaps@ntlworld.xom> wrote in message news:e4uSSHSFFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Can someone help me with this conditional format problem? > > I am trying to ex...

XML formatting question.
Hi All: For example, I load a XML file with DOM. XML file like this: <root a="a" b="b"/> Then I want to save and format this file like this: <root a="a" b="b" /> But I find that I can not insert CR and Tab char between attributes. Help me, please! Fiveight Which XML parser are you using? Most of the one's I've seen have a separate XML formatter (SAX parser?) that allows you to set up the format for how files are written. In any event, except for visual it doesn't matter how the file is written. Tom "fi...

Outlook Format and line spacing.
I write a message/letter on HTML format single line spacing, and when the Reply comes back to my Inbox my original message is in double line spacing. Even when I write a "test" letter to myself, again in HTML single line space, the letter appears in my "In box" in double line spacing. How can we cure this? ...

Conditional Formatting help...
This is a followup question to one I posted a few days ago with the title "How to change cell color based on content". Someone had recommended I use "Conditional Formatting." So, I tried but it didn't work out the way I expected. Here's what I did: New spreadsheet in cell A1: Check in cell B1: 100 Select cell B1 Menu select Format/Conditional Formatting... Left combo, select "Formula Is" In formula box: =(B1 > 0) & (A1 = "Check") Click on Format button Click on Patterns tab Click on the red color Click on OK Click on OK (in Conditional...

Undo Posting to AP
Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the charge? About the only thing you can do is pull up the AP transaction and void it. It'll reverse out the GL entry it creates for you. "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D153CA-C8A9-4827-BDA2-EF43BE417ED8@microsoft.com... > Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the > charge? > ...

how do I set up my daily calendar in an agenda format?
I am looking to provide a daily agenda for my myself so co-workers can see what is being worked on and by who. Any help is appreciated. "Spurs" <Spurs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBAF983B-EDFF-45A7-913A-09EE69FCAFD9@microsoft.com... >I am looking to provide a daily agenda for my myself so co-workers can see > what is being worked on and by who. Any help is appreciated. Do you have an Exchange or SharePoint server? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

mixing number formats in footers
I have a title page with no footer. I have a TOC page with a footer. I have body pages with a footer. I want the footer on the TOC page to display the page number in roman numerals and the footer on the body pages to display numbers. The problem is if I change the number format on one, it changes on the other. Hi jammer, Unlink the footers before you apply the number formats. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "jammer" <jameslockie@mail.com> wrote in message news:69d5b8bc-d16c-49d4-891f-4556b7821947@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... >I have a t...

changing date format not working
After selecting a column and changing format to custom date yyyymmdd. The changes do not take place. Double Clicking in the individual cells afterwards bring up the desired results. Your dates were entered as Text, which isn't subject to Number Formats. You can coerce them back to XL dates by copying a blank cell, selecting your dates and choosing Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. Change the format to your desired one. In article <F3750B33-33C2-4C98-8696-E1F81FD2A796@microsoft.com>, "RickSenn" <RickSenn@discussions.microsoft.com...

Help with counting based on two conditions
Using Excel 2000, I want to count how many customers are actively enrolled in a program at a given date. Column A contains the Customer Name Column B contains Program Start Date Column C contains Program End Date If I want to count how many people were on the program from April 1, 1999 to May 31, 2000 which would include those with a start date before April 1, 1999 but who do not have an end date. I tried Column D with my begin date criteria (August 1, 1996) Column E with my end date criteria (March 31, 2001) Column F to hold my counted start dates with the formula =COUNTIF(B11:B19, &quo...

Date Conditional in Javascript
I have a date-only attribute called CFDDateReceived that I was setting to the current date in an OnLoad event script as follows: crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date(); It worked fine when creating new cases, but it was also resetting existing case dates. I have tried every which way I can think of to change this statement to a conditional. My latest effort as follows: if (crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue == "" ) {crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date();}; I know it's got to be somethiing simple, but it seems to be beyond me. Ca...

Conditional Formatting
Using Excel 2007, I have dollar values in columns A, B and C. C=B-A. I would like to highlight the cells in column C red if the cell value is greater than 5% of the value in column A. Here is my formula, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? The formatting highlights every cell, regardless of it's value. =$C$2>($A$2*0.05) Get rid of your absolute references (the $'s). Then try it again. HTH. "sbres" wrote: > Using Excel 2007, I have dollar values in columns A, B and C. C=B-A. I > would like to highlight the cells in col...

Undo a catlogue merge?
I am making a booklet and was playing with the catalogue merge thing. I've decided not to do what i need to do that way but now whenever I open that file it keeps asking me about merging that file. How do i make it stop doing that? It took me a long time to get the master pages set up the way I want them and get some of the stuff placed right. Can somebody help this noobie? Annie Open your document, tell it to open without the data source. Tools - Mail and Catalog Merge - Cancel Merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsof...

If conditions for Data Entry Form
I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID #s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each sheet is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup formula that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one exist) otherwise it would be blank. What I need to know is two things: First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper s...

Conditional Formatting #89
I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! Do you mean if the data exceeds one year from today? If so, select the target cell, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, choose Formula Is, and put: =$A$1<DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) Change $A$1 to your actual cell reference. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! >. > Try this in - Conditional Format - Formula Is: =DATE(YEAR(E1)+1,MONTH(E1),DAY(E1))<=TODAY() If E1 was ...

Changing to date format
I have a sheet that has many rows with a date that looks like a text format. If I right click on the cell I can check it to a number and then to an mm/dd/yyyy. My question is can I change all the rows to this format is one shot. I tried to choose the whole column and do a change format but that didn't work. How would I go about changing mmddyyyy to mm/dd/yyyy? Thanks, I do not understand the first part of message, but >My question is can I change all the rows to this format is one shot. I >tried to choose the whole column and do a change format but that didn't >w...

Can't create automatic format filter
I have a personal email address that auto-forwards all emails to my work address. I want to create auto-format all those emails in my work Outlook 2003 client to change the font and color for all emails with the To: field as my personal email. But the format does not work. I have the filter setup in the Advanced Tab: "Field To contains rkasten@personal.com", and the format changes the color to blue. When an email is addressed to "rkasten@personal.com" the email appears as blue in my Outlook. When an email is addressed to "Rick Kasten <rkasten@personal.com>&...

Excel formatting #3
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

Adding New Cell Formats
I have added a few custom Cell formats to the list given with Excel. #,##0 etc. I have adde 0) and (0) etc. Is there a formula I can write to enter feet and inches so I don't have to use ' & " everytime I enter. I have to type 1'-2". Is there a way I can format the cell so I just have to enter 1-2 or something short like that? thanks dpal ...

Conditional data point formatting with variable conditions?
Hi, I checked out Jon Peltier's great example/tutorial on conditional chart formatting. I would like to conditionally format data points of a scatter plot but the difficult thing about it is that the min-max conditions are variable. I have two data columns, x and y, yielding the scatter plot (Side note: In the thread "Diagonal line in scatter plot?" I described the data in a bit more detail.). The conditions for giving a data point a certain color are not supposed to be fixed values but instead the ratios of x and y. Let's say the ratio of x any y is above 1.5 or below 0.7, ...

Formatting a formula
This is probably not possible, but I figure there's not harm in asking. I know that if I have a cell containing "apples and oranges" and I highlight "apples" and click the bold button, only "apples" will be in bold face and "oranges" will stay regular. Is it possible to do this with a formula. What I mean is this: A1="apples " A2="and oranges" A3=A1&A2 Is there any way that in A3 only "apples" be in bold face? Alex Not by using a formula. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:...

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by using backspace. i am using word 2007. Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl- Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template. The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at...

Conditional formatting capability for 20+ conditions not just 3.
I have a spreadsheet that I use to schedule workers. This spreadsheet is setup with conditional formatting for 3 of the positions. However, I have to manually go thru and change the formatting for the others which at times can be over 20 positions. To be able to assign conditional formatting for all possiblilties in the same cell would be great. Example cell contains schedule tasks indicated by letter codes. "I" would display Green background "R" would display Light Blue background "V" would display Medium Blue background "N" would display Yellow...