unchanged file (excel)

With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon
closing.  Only seems to happen on excel files.
0
cobb (2)

If you have a volatile function, the automatic calc on opening will
cause a change that prompts the Save.

Volatile functions include NOW(), TODAY(), RAND(), AREAS(), CELL(),
COLUMNS(), INDEX(), INDIRECT(), OFFSET(), ROWS().

In article <5D4A0FC2-A7AC-4103-88EC-9157E7A90789@microsoft.com>,
 "Cobb" <Cobb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file upon
> closing.  Only seems to happen on excel files.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/18/2004 11:19:43 PM
This can also happen when you have links to other workbooks in your file.

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> If you have a volatile function, the automatic calc on opening will
> cause a change that prompts the Save.
>
> Volatile functions include NOW(), TODAY(), RAND(), AREAS(), CELL(),
> COLUMNS(), INDEX(), INDIRECT(), OFFSET(), ROWS().
>

> In article <5D4A0FC2-A7AC-4103-88EC-9157E7A90789@microsoft.com>,
>  "Cobb" <Cobb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > With an unchanged file (excel) I am prompted to save the "changed" file
upon
> > closing.  Only seems to happen on excel files.

0
steveh2789 (23)

Import data from one file to another
I have a daunting task of migrating data from old spreadsheets to a new style. These are attendance records. I'm doing this now by hand, but there's gotta be a way to automate it. Problem is, while I know Excel quite well, I don't know macros or VB at all. And the old data is presented very differently from the new. For example: An old spreadsheet is a simple list with four columns: Last Name, First Name, Shift, Date. The new spreadsheets are in a table format, and are much more advanced. There is a single column for Name, and there are 31 columns for days where ei...

have to read data from Excel
Hi, I want to read and write the data from the excel file. I dont know how to do this. Any pointer will be helpful Thanks in advance Gaurav "Gaurav" <gauravgoyal121@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1185881881.293085.303740@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > I want to read and write the data from the excel file. > I dont know how to do this. Any pointer will be helpful Hi, I think that you might consider using some file format different from XLS, e.g. you may use CSV (comma separated values) or XML. Excel can manage CSV and XML file formats, so you may exp...

Unchanged Investments
I'm having a problem with Money where I have stocks listed, and one of them always shows "unch" even if the value has changed since the previous day/last time I updated. Is there a way to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Kyle wrote: >I'm having a problem with Money where I have stocks listed, and one of them >always shows "unch" even if the value has changed since the previous day/last >time I updated. > >Is there a way to fix this? What is the symbol you entered for that investment? The investment is WWY (wrigley). It never really seems...

File opening twice
When I click open a worksheet it opens twice. If the name has spaces in it it first says file not found for each word in the file name. And then the file is opened with the complete name. Help! ...

Importing contacts file in aba format
Have a user that has exported contact list from a Palm which is a aba format file and we need to figure out a way to import it to OL 2003. So does anybody know a way to do this without using pocket mirror or some other program (has to be freeware or something in a Microsoft program) PocketMirror should be on the Palm OS CD if it is an older version of the Palm - if not, there may be a trial version available at http://www.chapura.com. Otherwise, I know of nothing else to convert the contacts to a file that Outlook can import. Can you export from the Palm to Excel? >-----Original...

how to open publisher 2003 files in publisher 2000
i have files created on a friend's maching with publisher 2003. i have publisher 2000 on my machine, and am unable to open the files. receive message to the effect that "publisher can't open files from a previous verison". help! Your friend can save the document as a 2000 file. Have her/him resend it to you. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "djg" <djg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F67D02F-C409-4957-A17C-3280724F1ECB@microsoft.com... >i have files created on...

.pst file will not import
Aloha, Last week our old hard drive crashed. I did have all my outlook emails backed up on a disk .pst because this is my business. The new hard drive is installed as are all the programs. Outlook 2003 Small Business (which we also used last time) is up and running fine. I now need to import these emails, notes, calendar, etc from the disk. I have read NOT to use the Import function in Outlook but to copy the files to the hard drive. It seems the files have "Read-only" checked. When I go to uncheck and click apply an error message comes up stating "An error occured ...

Re: What happened to Subscript and Superscript Buttons in Excel?
Hi Mike, various tricks have been developed to compensate for the lack of sub-/superscripts buttons in Excel. One example follows for changing all the characters but the first one in the selected range to subscripts, which is quite common a practice with symbols. In another, similar way, there can be the first character converted to Greek, chemical counts to sub-/superscripts, powers to superscripts etc. Obviously there is no urgent need; there is still only a strong minority of scientific user of Excel. PB Sub IndexChain() Dim N As Integer, TNS As String TNS = TypeName(Selection) If...

Insereting .png files
Outlook 2003, of Office Pro 2003 - When I want to insert a .png photo, the dialog box always displays .gif,.jpg files in the folder. I always have to change the file mask to "All Files" to see my .png file. What is the registry setting that controls the default file mask so I can add .png ? Thanks. -Ric Just typ *.png in the box -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 "Richard Fink" <rfink@worldpassage.net> wrote in message news:eN...

Envelopes will not print from computer files as envelopes !
Hi, I just stared to have this problem yesterday and have spent all yesterday and this morning going through all the on screen troubleshooting for this problem! When I pull up my existing envelopes, (all 12 of them) they print out like a letter head instead as a envelope!! When I pull down the print preview, it shows the envelope as a letter head form on a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet! Tried everything that was suggested, but nothing works! Please help me!! Thank you; -- Artus4u What version Publisher? What size are your envelopes? Are you using mail merge? If you are using mail merge y...

restoring Backup file and money file
Hi, I have a problem restoring my backup file. I was playing with money and was attempting to create a new budget. They told me to create a new budget I would have to save my old one. I clicked canel in hope it would not bother to create a new budget but instead it ereased my previous budget and created a new one. So I applied the back up file an it works fine. However, when I do Internet Updates all my accts disappear. I believe in restoring a backup, it creates a new money file if eth original does not exists. I still don't understand why only when I do Internet Updates all my ...

Export Global Group Members samacountname(s) to Text File
Hi I need to take the members of a global group and export their samaccountnames. I'm sure this isn't a huge task. Can someone advise on the least painless way to do this - i am in the middle of a 3000 user migration and need a quick fix! Cheers "Stuscotland" <Stuscotland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38950585-04CF-4551-B39B-5E5BCE6AC15F@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to take the members of a global group and export their > samaccountnames. I'm sure this isn't a huge task. Can someone advise on > the &g...

"Protecting a file"
I am new to publisher. I created an agency newsletter using a "newsletter" template in publisher. All the employees have publisher on their computers. I intend to e-mail th newsletter to them. How do I finalize the product (lock it, and convert it from a "template" to a "final product". I am sure I am just missing some simple step. -- Thanks Shawn If you do in fact generate a new Publisher file based on an actual template, rather than opening & editing the template itself, it will be saved as a Publisher file unless you specify otherwise in the ...

Auto Filter
When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when filtering. Is there any way of being able to accomplish this? Hi you may have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a workaround Frank Gail wrote: > When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list > will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 > unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when > filterin...

Import Quickbooks file
I just purchased Money Small Business 2005. I was under the impression that I could import my QuickBooks files into Money. I haven't found out how. Is it possible, and if so how do you do it? thanks Not possible. Quicken - yes; QuickBooks - no. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically ...

Reading Pane
I'm using the Custom Installation Wizard in the Office 2003 Resource Kit to create a .MST file for a custom network installtion point and I can't find where you can change the default setting for the Reading Pane feature. Normal default is RIGHT. I want all new installations using this .MST file to have this set to OFF. Any help? Thanks... Mike You can't; it's a view setting. Just curious; why do you want to turn it off? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed...

Attach File very Slow in Outlook
Dear , One of our users is using Outlook 2000. When he tries to attach file from a network drive which has 12,000 files with 441 mb, his PC will be frozen. It may take him more than 10 minutes to display the folder. The files on the network drive are all jpg files. Thanks in advance! -- Best Regards, Rebecca Lip What happens if he tries to attach a comparably sized file from his local drive? How quickly does it attach? If it's significantly quicker, then it's probably not an issue with Outlook, but more with network latency. You may need to do some network diagnostics ...

Word 2007 won't open .doc file
I have Office 2007. Whenever I receive an email with a .doc attachment, my comp wants to open it as a picture instead of a document. -- Cheers, MrsCooch!!! It is bad practice to open attachments directly from e-mail attachments, but your basic problem is that the file format DOC is associated with the wrong application - see http://www.gmayor.com/Document_Not_Found.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:/...

Copying Multiple files in one file Macro
Hi, I recorded this macro to copy the data from a particular formatted file to a normal worksheet. In order to get it in a normal format (All Testing Results.xls) in order to import it to my Database Table. And it worked. Now I'm in a process to creat a macro that will automate the process of going to that folder (C:\To Figure Out\) and copy all the datas from the different files that is in that folder and copy it in my normal worksheet (All Testing Results.xls). Please help. Here's the Macro that I recorded to copy paste my data in normal format to All Testing Results.x...

Replaying log files...
Hi, I've been doing a lot of backup and restore testing and have a pretty simple question I think. I see a lot of articles that say to "replay the logs" into the database after a restore but none seem to go into how that is actually done. I did some backups using NTBackup that I would like to restore (easy enough) and then take those files (edb and stm) and replay the log files. Can anyone tell me how that is done or if it's just a matter of putting them in the same directory and letting Exchange do some magic? At this point I have what would be the equivalent of...

Transfer files from Entourtage from one computer to another
I wnat to transfer all my entourage files, folder, address book, etc. from one powerbook using OS X version 10.2.6 to another powerbook using OS X version 10.2.8 How do I do this? I am using Office X version 10.0.0 Thanks, Judith Jacobs On 10/20/03 09:58 PM, in article 82d80dd0.0310202058.793e4f78@posting.google.com, "Judith Jacobs" <jejacobs@csupomona.edu> wrote: > I wnat to transfer all my entourage files, folder, address book, etc. > from one powerbook using OS X version 10.2.6 to another powerbook > using OS X version 10.2.8 > > How do I do this? All y...

Intercept file download in IWebBrowser2
I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I hope when user click a file download url(href="test.zip"),I can intercept the download message and process it by my own download component instead of IE itself. Is it possible? Any article will be help. Adv tks. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/ext/overview/downloadmgr.asp "L.J.S" <bconline2002@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:Oc7j%23OcAFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I > hope ...

Error opening "Item" in a person "Contact" File
Hello, When I go to a person's Contact file, in Contacts, and open it I get a error message when trying to open a Item that I have inserted from the Calander. (Item is a link to the person's Birthday that is a calander event with reacurance set for every year). The error is; "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook many times as well as rebooting Outlook and the same error. My ICQ address is 9749581 if anyone has any ideas.... Thanks Chris. Ill try to explain better. I use the ...

excel -help
in excel now()function used to current time,then time change in next min. but i want a continous time,at the perticular time no change in time ,another min. peter. Hi Peter not really sure what you're asking for. Could you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany peter wrote: > in excel > now()function used to current time,then time > change in next min. > but i want a continous time,at the perticular time no > change in time ,another min. > peter. To enter the time in a cell, hold the Ctrl key, and press the : (colon) ...