Unable to select multiple workbook sheets

I am using Excel 2k running under WinXP  and have a problem I have never
encountered on any other version or machine.  All my workbook tabs are white
instead of the default gray and only one sheet at a time can be selected.
Neither the Ctrl or shift keys or right clicking the tabs and selecting all
will allow multiple sheets to be selected.  What am I missing here, I see
nothing in options that allows this configuration?   Detect and repair does
not change the situation.

If this is a new situation, could you have a Mouse Driver
compatability issue?  I've heard of some interesting
things happening with Excel and WinXP.  In particular, the
wheel on a mouse sometimes won't work in VBA.  I solved
this by going to the support.Microsoft.com web site and
grabbing an old mouse driver.
Just my 2 cents.
HTH,
Gary Brown

0
gary.brown (25)
9/13/2004 5:41:46 PM
Don't know the cause, but may have a solution: unless there is a large
number of worksheets, right-click on the first one, select "Move or Copy,"
click "Make a copy," and copy it to a new workbook, which you should then
save. Repeat this process with each sheet tab, copying the second and later
ones to the newly saved document. After you have copied a few, see if your
problem disappears. If it does, copy the rest and delete the old document.

"David Ehler" <dehlernospam@goodwin.edu> wrote in message
> I am using Excel 2k running under WinXP  and have a problem I have never
> encountered on any other version or machine.  All my workbook tabs are
white
> instead of the default gray and only one sheet at a time can be selected.
> Neither the Ctrl or shift keys or right clicking the tabs and selecting
all
> will allow multiple sheets to be selected.  What am I missing here, I see
> nothing in options that allows this configuration?   Detect and repair
does
> not change the situation.

0
roneville (91)
9/13/2004 5:51:45 PM
Gary

Perhaps the sheets are already grouped.

Do you see [group] up on the Title Bar?

If you right-clcik on a sheet do you have "Ungroup sheets" available?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:41:46 -0700, "Gary Brown" <gary.brown@kinneson.com>
wrote:

>If this is a new situation, could you have a Mouse Driver
>compatability issue?  I've heard of some interesting
>things happening with Excel and WinXP.  In particular, the
>wheel on a mouse sometimes won't work in VBA.  I solved
>this by going to the support.Microsoft.com web site and
>grabbing an old mouse driver.
>Just my 2 cents.
>HTH,
>Gary Brown

0
Gord

How do I get a Data validation list to select another validation l
I am creating a data entry page in which I want to use data validation Lists to select the product that I want to enter. How ever each cell may be different from the one above. For example in (c4) I want to enter pipe data. I have a sheet named pipe as the source for this entry. In (c5) I want to enter valve data or maybe pipe data or ell data. How can I use Excel to create a drop down list that lets me decide which source page I want to use and then go to it for me to make my selection? Hi Look at this site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Regards, Per "langston35&...

find and replace, within workbook
Is there a registry hack excel, find and replace, within workbook I do Ctrl-F to search and get to the Find and Replace dialogue box and select in Excel 2003 SP2 the Options > > button. It will expand the dialogue box a bit more. After the expansion, it displays the three drop down fields and the two check boxes. I would like to set it so it searches by default Within: Workbook instead of Within: Sheet (the default). I have multiple workbooks and would like to search for all of them. Is there a registry hack to set to 0 or 1 that will change from Sheet to Find and Replace Within: ...

Random Selection Macro
Hi I need to write a macro that randomly selects 1000 users from an excel workbook. The workbook contains four spreadsheets. Once these users are selected it then sends them an email. Please help me. Thanks Dave What are you trying to do? Write a virus that is sent to 1000 random people? See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Random Selection' page of my web site for ideas. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0b8501c387bc$77f67db0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, ...

Unable to open calendar

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

MS Mooney 2003 Freezes when pulldowns selected
I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since that install I have problems with the application freezing every time I select a pulldown menu - for example if I try to split a transaction between multiple categories and try to use the pull down to select the category the application freezes, and I have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to claose the application. I can close the application and it will restart without rebooting the computer. >-----Original Message----- > I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since >that install I have problems with the application ...

2007 multiple sheet printing
How do I print multiple sheets of labels in 2007? It worked fine in 2003. -- Dave Dave wrote: > How do I print multiple sheets of labels in 2007? > It worked fine in 2003. ======================================= File / Pirint...choose 'Multiple copies per sheet'... enter the number of pages X the number of labels... Example....5 pages of labels @ 30 labels per page... Enter..... Number of copies = 150 -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may n...

trouble printing entire workbook with different page layouts
I have a workbook with about 10 worksheets. Some are setup to print "portrait" and some print "landscape". In previous versions of Excel, I had no problem printing this type of workbook - the pages work print according to thje page setup for each worksheet. In Office XP the landscape pages print in different layouts - some print on 2 halves of portrait, others reduce to fit the page! I have tried using the macro from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. Does anybody have a solution that works? The printing of workbooks, with some sheets set for portrait and others fo...

unable to scroll the page

Multiple Qualifiers
I am trying to do a Count to get the number of locations that have a total of >= 22 This is the incorrect formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$F$1:$F$19272=51160),--(Data!$S$1:$S$19272>=22)), my desired answer would be 1, or 50% Column F Column D 51160 34 51160 20 230 10 230 62 20 28 The second part of your column, according to your example should refer to column D, not S. But if the smaller numbers really are in S, then you need to examine both columns and make sure the numbers are really numbers, and not text. Your ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

transpose 3d cells to a column in single workbook
I would like to extract 3d cells from a set of worksheets into a single column on another worksheet within the same workbook. How can I do this? Insert a worksheet named Summary, then select the 3D range, and run the macro below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub TryNow() Dim mySht As Worksheet Dim dataSht As Worksheet Dim myRange As Range Dim myCell As Range Set dataSht = Worksheets("Summary") Set myRange = Selection For Each mySht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets For Each myCell In mySht.Range(myRange.Address) dataSht.Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2).Value = _ myCell.Value N...

OL 2003: Archive only selected subfolders
I used to be able to archive just selected subfolders in OL 2000, although it was annoying to have to reset the autoarchive properties in the main folder. Now that I am using OL 2003, I am confused. It doesn't seem possible to (1) set auto-archive off for all folders (2) turn on auto-archive for selected folders only. If I got this to work again, I could cut my PST file size dramatically. I'm not in imminent danger of hitting the dreaded 1.87 GB limit, but I do need to keep an eye on file size. I live on Outlook <Private@privacy.org> wrote: > I used to be able to a...

how do i bring a visual basic form to the spread sheet?
Hi, I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb. The problem is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility? Thanks a lot for your help, Maryam add a button to the spreadsheet and attach the code UserForm1.show 'or whatever the form name is You will not be able to run the form independant of ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

"One or more of the selected senders could not be added to your blocked senders list"
Hey all. I get this when ever I try to killfile anyone at all, regardless of who they are. I'm on OE6 in XP Home and this has only just started happening. My KF only has a few spammers in it so I don't think it's full. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller wrote: > Hey all. I get this when ever I try to killfile anyone at all, regardless of > who they are. I'm on OE6 in XP Home and this has only just started > happening. My KF only has a few spammers in it so I don't think it's full. > Does anyone...

WorkBooks In Separate Windows.
Hi. Always in the past when I have created a new Workbook, it opened in a new Window, separate from the Workbook that was already open. Now, today, for no reason that I'm aware of, Excel refuses to put the new Workbook in a separate Window. It puts the new one in the same window, on top of the one that was already open. Did I state that clearly?? Do you know what I mean?? I cannot get the new Workbook into its own Window. I can split the Window, so both Workbooks are visible, but that's not what I want. I want the new Workbook in its own Window, totally separate...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...