Unable to open embedded word document from Excel

Hi,

I have Excel 2003 (SP3) installed on my computer. In an Excel file, I
inserted a word object (created from file, display as icon) and the insertion
worked fine.

When I try to open my word document from Excel, nothing happens. No error
message and the file doesn't open. It is like if my file icon is simply a
draw.

When I open the same Excel file with another computer(Excel 2003), I can
open my word embedded object easily.

In fact, I can insert Excel or txt object in Word document without any
problem but everything I insert in Excel doesn't work (word, txt, etc.).

So the issue seems to be related to my Excel.

Is there settings to activate to be able to open embedded objects in Excel ?

If not, what could be the problem ?

Thanks for your help !

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Office 2007 Excel
Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times before you can get into excel. Hope I got this in the correct discution group. If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

I need a list of command line switches for Microsoft WORD.
I am using a Shell command to execute Microsoft WORD 2003. I need to halt execution of VBA code until WORD finishes it's task. Is there a command line switch for WORD to cause it to pause the VBA function until it is finished? Is there a VBA command to pause execution of code until WORD finishes? Thanks. I am pretty sure the answer to your specific question is "No". If you tell us exactly what you are doing, including from where the Shell command is being executed, maybe we can suggest another way that will overcome the problem. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Unable to open calendar

How do Word and Publisher compare and integrate?
Please direct me to information regarding using the new Word 2007 and Publisher 2007 together. There seem to be a lot of overlapping functions in the two products. Is there any good reason to use both for the same document? Yes and no. I can see using Word for the spelling and/or grammar check. If it's a basic word processing document, I'd stick with Word. If it combines text with graphics, give me Publisher. (I have a 10 page document at work that is making me truly hate using Word with pictures, etc. And we don't have Publisher there. Grrrrrrrrr!) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Mi...

in excel formula the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semi.
when entering formula in Excel the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semicolon (;) now has to be used. Example: Previous : =if(a2="Yes",a3+a4,b3+b4) Now : =if(a2="Yes";a3+a4;b3+b4) How do I change it back to using commas. I don't know how this has happened, I just arrived at work one day and the changes has occured. Not a 100% sure how well XL honors them, but check your Windows 'Regional Settings.' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Exiting Word 2007
Whenever I try to exist Word 2007 it tells me I have encountered a problem and that is trying to fix it. I have to go through about three attempts before it finally exits. How can I fix this problem? See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 which should cover all the issues that affect your problem. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MV...

Highlight found words
Could anyone help me with the following:- I am designing a search form based on "Cool Search Tool" found via http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366. The problem I have is that I need the found records to highlight the search word in their respective field (Highlight All Instances of Found word). I would not need the text box containing the search word to be highlighted but would need each in my case six memo boxes to highlight each found word e.g. both �A�s� in my code example I found on the net. If this is not possible a control that I can click o...

Word page templates in SSRS, and creating a summary page in SSRS
Hi, I will design a SSRS report that is supposed to be dynamic pages, meaning that some pages should be displayed and some not. I was thinking in creating few template pages, and based on the configuration, provided by the database, use the appropriate page templates for each pages, seeding the information according to the provided data. Question 1: How to create page templates in SSRS, choosing the template to be used on each rendered page? Question 2: How to create an Summary (index) dynamically (rendering a word document) in SSRS? Thanks, Rob ...

Unable to conect

Duplex printing in Word 2004 and Leopard

stop extra spaces in text? Word xp. formated font/para ok
I'm using a C.V. template, word xp 2003, when I press the space bar, the whole text moves, and I cannot correct this. I've tried font and paragraph formatting. It's now happening in another template, sometimes I add a word, and again the text spaces increase ruining the document. I would be very grateful for any help. I need to get my C.V. in the post asap, but I've opened word, and am trying to copy/paste into it as a last resort. HELP! Kind Regards, What do you mean by "the whole text moves"? What "text spaces" increase? On Apr 27, 11:20...