unable to open damaged excel file

I'm running on windows xp prof 2002, need to open a damaged excel file
with excel 2002 (size of file:680kb). I was going through the
procedure of deleting all temp files, but still can not open. Any one
know a trick and how to open and get back the data (of which I have no
backup unfortunetly). thanx
0
pasci007 (1)

Maybe OpenOffice can open it.

(http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services.  I've
never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com