unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000

I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on
the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it
just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down
button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it
has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a
wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to
bug me now..
any suggestions greatly appreciated

0
cheetah (1)

Excel File Corruption
I have a large excel spreadsheet (exceeding 5MB) that suddenly failed to update cell references. Due to the amount of changes being made on this particular day, I had put about three hours of work in ( all saved periodically) when I realized that cells referring to other celss were not updating when the values of the xource cells changes. I also discovered that cell references had failed to update when rows were added above the source cells. I work for a large international services firm, but our in-house tech group had no answers, excpet to suggest closing everything, re-booting, and reope...

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Office 2007 Excel
Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times before you can get into excel. Hope I got this in the correct discution group. If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how...

Unable to open calendar

Multiplying in Excel
Why does excel and my calculator come up with different answer when multiplying numbers with decimal points? Excel seems to be off by a couple hundreths of a point. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:53:03 -0800, "albebach" <albebach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why does excel and my calculator come up with different answer when >multiplying numbers with decimal points? Excel seems to be off by a couple >hundreths of a point. Hard to tell why you get the results you do when you post so little information. The most likely answers have to do either with you not realiz...

Excel
1. Look at a worksheet ; the range A1:A10 is filled with text data. 2. Enter into cell C1, = Countif(A1:A10,"<="&A1:A10) ; it works. 3. Then, the range B1:B10 is filled with text data. 4. Enter into cell C2, = Countif(A1:A10&B1:B10,"<="&A1:A10&B1:B10) ; it does not work. 5. Please offer an explanation that it does work and then it does not work. 6. Regards. I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding what you're trying to do... =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<="&A1:A10) is functionally equivalent to =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"...

in excel formula the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semi.
when entering formula in Excel the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semicolon (;) now has to be used. Example: Previous : =if(a2="Yes",a3+a4,b3+b4) Now : =if(a2="Yes";a3+a4;b3+b4) How do I change it back to using commas. I don't know how this has happened, I just arrived at work one day and the changes has occured. Not a 100% sure how well XL honors them, but check your Windows 'Regional Settings.' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5...

unable to scroll the page

Ideas for drag and drop, repositionble items
Hi, I have a design problem where I need a set of buttons/controls in a horizontal line, and be able to pick one up and drag it in front of another to alter the order (like grabbing a button on the quick launch bar and moving it in front or behind of another, displaying a spacer marker in the process). I want to do some fancy drawing on these objects, and be able to zoom in/out so the objects increase/decrease in horizontal size. So basically it's a horizontal set of zoomable (horiz) buttons that can be selected, and/or dragged around within the parent window so as to be placed before o...

Excel Button Properties
Anyone know where to find the properties for the command button that is used on worksheets? This is for Excel 2000. In particular I am looking for a tooltip property but I would like a list of all of them. Thanks, Steve Click the design mode icon on the Control toolbox toolbar. rightclick on the commandbutton and choose properties. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > > Anyone know where to find the properties for the command button that is used > on worksheets? > This is for Excel 2000. > In particular I am looking for a tooltip property but I would like a list of >...

how do i change excel into picture format
i am trying to change an excel documnt into a jpeg or other picture format can anyone help me? i dont even know if its possible Take a screenshot. "deckieg" wrote: > i am trying to change an excel documnt into a jpeg or other picture format > can anyone help me? i dont even know if its possible Or just copy the cells you want to include in your jpeg and paste into Paint. "deckieg" wrote: > i am trying to change an excel documnt into a jpeg or other picture format > can anyone help me? i dont even know if its possible Select the cell to be shown in pict...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

How do I convert Supercalc to Excel
I have data on disks that are in SuperCalc that I would like to convert to Excel, but I don't know how to do that. Excel can't open SuperCalc files. You'd have to get a copy of SuperCalc and save the files from there in to a format that Excel can read (e.g., text, CSV, SYLK, etc). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bean Counter" <Bean Counter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30443F32-B3D7-4996-9CAC-608C0F573D9C@microsoft.com... >I have data on disks that are in SuperCalc th...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

Plotting data in Excel #2
Is it possible to generate a cell range mathmatically using formulas and "Concatenate" in one reference cell, and then use the contents of the cell to define the data range for an X-Y plot? In other words, instead of manually selecting the data range to be plotted using a pick box, I want the reference the contents of a cell that has computed the data range. Thanks -- James ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Unable to conect

Excel vba autofilter code
I have some code to filter a result set to a list of unique names - is there something I can add that will also remove 'blank' entries ? Range("AP1:AP" & LastRowNewData).AdvancedFilter _ Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CopyToRange:=Range("A44"), _ Unique:=True Thanks ...