Un Save a Excel Worksheet

I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet
with the same file name.  Can I restore the worksheet, or
un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet.
0
anonymous (74719)

No.  The file has been overwritten.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet
> with the same file name.  Can I restore the worksheet, or
> un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet.

0
twogilvy (1078)

Auto Save
When in the middle of creating or receiving a large Purchase Order, things sometimes go bad and we lose our work. Does anyone make an add-on that will auto save our work at a chosen interval? We would of course want this auto save to be transparent to our work, certainly not closing the PO and then re opening it. Thanks Ken Nelson ...

Flash within Excel
Why do people run a program requiring shockwave/flash player within an Excel spreadsheet? Advantages? Disadvantages? Thanks p.s. Did post on 22/12/07 but got no answers :-( you may find this link helpful http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/27312 Thanks Totti for that information. "Totti" <saliba.toufic.george@gmail.com> wrote in message news:480d225a-f39b-4b6a-b327-f6294a796388@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > you may find this link helpful > > http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/27312 ...

Problem with Excel sheet embedded in Word resizing
Hi, I have a problem with an Excel workbook, embedded in Word, changing its size, apparently at random. I have an Excel 2007 object, embedded in a table in a Word 2007 template. The Excel object consists of a worksheet and a chart. I’m then using Access 2007 to create a document from this template, populating other fields in the table and cells in the excel worksheet. From Access I have a Word document object oDoc. I use this to pick up the Excel worksheet (oWorksheet) with: Set oShape = oDoc.Bookmarks.Item(strChartBookmarks(“Chart_National”)).Range.InlineShapes(1) ...

Save/Publish Performance Metrics
Does anyone have any performance metrics for EPMS 2007, such as for every X number of consecutive users, save and publish functions take X number of seconds to complete, or something similar? We periodically have periods of time where the save and publish functions go from 7 seconds each to 100 seconds each. Administrators regularly manage the queue, the Windows Engineers tell us we have plenty of memory and the server is chugging along as it should, or the DBA's reindex the tables and performance increases for a period of time. But what we want to create is a benchmark to...

Minimizing an Excel screen
I have a worbook that will not minimize when you press the proper button (to the left of the close button) in the title bar. No matter what I try, I can not get this to appear in a smaller screen. I am able to close and send it to my lower toolbar. However, I would like to shrink the size and so I can open another application and be able to see both on my screen at the same time. I did test other workbooks, and I was able to shrink them as desired. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or answers as to why this has occurred.? Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ Me...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Export to excel #2
Hi, I am using Great Plains 7.5. I have created my own table.Now I want to export the my table data to excel.I have tried by writing to a CSV file using run report command even then it is not proper and it is a not a excel file. Can someone help me in exporting my table doing just like smart list in GP 7.5. Thanks & Regards Santysels Are you on SQL Server? Do you have SQL Enterprise Manager? If yes, you can use the DTS export/import feature. It is fairly straight forward. "Santysels" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Great Plains 7.5. I have created my own table.Now ...

Excel 2003 chart opened in 07
I am opening a worksheet created in Excel 03 that has many charts. In Excel 07 the charts are present and all the data is there but the chart lines do not show up. If I select the data source all the information is correct. I can recreate the chart with the exact same data in the worksheet in 07. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks ...

Excel Filtering multiple worksheets in one workbook
Hi, I have a workbook with 5 worksheets. The first three columns of each sheet are identical and linked to the appropriate cells in the first worksheet. Is there a way that one can set a filter so that when the first worksheet is filtered, that the other worksheets are also automatically and simultaneously filtered?? There is not evaluating of cells, i.e. no sum required, and I have not been able to find a way. Please Help!!!!! -- Sharon the Grateful Here's a non-array formulas play which utilizes Tom Ogilvy's UDF** to extract the filter criteria into a cell A sample construct...

duplicating worksheets
I need to make weekly worksheets of hours worked. Is there an easy way to make 52 worksheets and have them named week1 week2....? Then, I need a running total using the previous week as the base. My current attempt is VERY manual process. Insert new worksheet... rename.. select last week worksheet, copy all, past into new. All references to last weeks work sheet are wrong so manually change... There must be a better way,, please? Hi, Ralph2; Tools> Options> General> Sheets in new workbook: 52; open new workbook. Click the the first sheet tab, shift+click the last sheet tab to s...

Publisher Doc cannot be saved?
In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail. As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system. Help !!!!! Thanks, Right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02C09A...

open outlook xp in save mode
A couple of times a month, Outlook XP will go into not responding mode when shutting down. When I try to restart Outlook, a message appears about Outlook not closing properly and should be open in safe mode. It does not matter whether I click Yes or No, it takes for ever to start up and nothing seems to be fixed. This is running on a computer with Windows 2000 Professional. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jack ...

can you tell me the difference between excel 2000 and excel 2003
can you tell me the difference between excel 2000 and excel 2003 Search the Microsoft Knowledge base for new features in XP and in 2003 http://www.support.microsoft.com/ for more complete information. The biggest difference that I have noticed on a daily basis is auto recovery. If there is a crash, Excel XP and 2003 will attempt to allow you to recover the workbook that you were working on. If you do probability, statistics, or simulations, then many algorithms are greatly improved. You have more flexibility in what you protect on a worksheet (for instance, you can protect formulas...

Excel features NOT supported when you export to HTML
I would like to obtain a list of Excel features not supported in an HTML export. Thanks so much. Lisa Mc Cabe ...

formulation in excel
Hello, here is a question about functions in excel: ...

Lost all my saved emails
I recently had a problem with my computer and I had to erase everything from my computer and reinstall everything. I use virgin email but have outlook/windows mail connected to it. All my virgin emails are tranferred to outlook/windows mail. I saved my emails, in various folders I created, within the inbox folder. When I have started up windows mail now all my old emails have disappeared. Would anyone have a clue where they are? Thanks Brendan Unless you backed up your data to an external scource all data has been lost. Assuming you set up Virgin mail as pop m...

how do I UN-concatenate cells
I have a string of numbers 00633.84010.12740.0000.10101 that I need to break out into the separate components. Is the string of numbers always 5 numbers, a dot, 5 numbers, a dot, etc? If it's *always* in that format you can use a MID() function. If the separate components are between dots but irregularly spaced it becomes trickier. If it's the easy scenario, and supposing your string is in cell A1, try =MID(A1,1,5) =MID(A1,7,5) =MID(A1,13,5) etc Hi Julia, If you try Data > Text to Columns and follow the options, this may be what you are after. Regards Graham juli...

How do I change only part of the background in a chart Excel 07
I need at set vertical intervals in the background for a bar chart different colors as values increase incrementally on the Y axis. How do I do that and avoid having the background behind the bars NOT be just one color? Thanks, Hi, Have a look at Jon's page on colour banding, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Lonny" <Lonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DEE143-5F70-4986-A3B3-0ACF969C5802@microsoft.com... >I need at set vertical intervals in the b...

Excel 97 to Excel 2003
If I send someone a Microsoft Office 97 Excel spreadsheet and this person opens it up with Office 2003 and saves it in 2003, will it remain 2003 in version, if this person emails it back to me? Thanks! -- Marla @ Lyle's Ford-Mercury, LLC Unless this person add features that are unique to 2003 it won't matter since the fileformat is the same. Best Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Marla" wrote: > If I send someone a Microsoft Office 97 Excel spreadsheet and this person > opens it up with Office 2003 and saves it in 2003, will it remain 2003 in > version, if this pers...

display text in one cell as a number in an adjacent cell in excel
would love to get an example of the right formula, thanks Perhaps you mean something like this in say, E1: =VLOOKUP(D1,{"Text1",10;"Text2",20;"Text3",30},2,0) If D1 contains: Text2, then E1 returns: 20 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Denno" wrote: > would love to get an example of the right formula, thanks Re: display text in one cell as a number in an adjacent cell in excel ...

username and password not saved
Starting today when I open Windows Mail it asks for my username and password. I am the only user of this computer, and there is no need for this for my use. The "Remember credentials" box is checked. Nevertheless when I close the program and try to reopen it asks for them again. I also have "remember password" checked in Tools>Accounts> Properties, etc. Why did this problem start when I made absolutely no changes, and how do I make it go away? If this is a result from security updates, why doesn't microsoft warn the user what the side effects are of ...

Excel saved to SD Card
I have been working on a very large Excel spreadsheet and transporting it between 2 computers. It is being saved on an SD card. What is happening is that on the home laptop, the file will not open. The message says that the file may be lost. It does however open on the work laptop as well will open when emailed to another computer. Is it possible that Excel on the home laptop is corrupted in some way? Also, the property is checked on read-only but grayed out on the home laptop but on the other computers read-only is unchecked. Thanks for any help or advice you may have. -- indiana --...

Digital Signature Capture Delivers Real Savings
If you're interested in signature capturing on PDF or TIFF documents generated from IBM AS/400, iSeries or Windows Applications, check out our educational webinar below. Signed documents can be stored in Sharepoint. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/933091792 ...

Partnertech CD7220-UN pole display
Hello, Has anyone had any luck with this display? I've tried just about every configuration combination I can find, but all I get is the "Line 1" and "Line 2" at POS startup and nothing else. Also, when I close POS I get an error "Store Operations has encountered a problem and needs to close". The details of the error are: AppName: soposuser.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.126 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Modver: 5.1.2600.5781 offset: 00009823 Im using Microsoft RMS v. 2.0.0.126 The pole display is a USB unit. Thanks in advance. Phil BTW, a posiflex P...

Excel BUG!
Dears, let me say that something is going wrong: - put in cell A1 the number 1 - type in another cell =A1^2 --> the results it's 1. well... - type in another cell = - A1^2 --> the results it's 1 again! - try with = 0 - A1^2 --> the results it's -1 ! hahaha - =exp( - A1^2) --> the results it's 2.718281828! wonderful the bug is the same in 2003-2007-2010 versions. Best wishes Asto In article <3158bbce-5706-4dd0-8956- 540bb26c5eae@f13g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>, astolfi.marco.84@gmail.com says... > > Dears, > le...