UGH! Trouble downloading, and opening anything

Please can someone help
I am running MS XP2, and have had NO trouble getting updates or any
downloads before, I downloaded the MS baseline security analyzer 2 nights
ago, and now I have major trouble downloading(it keeps telling me my ACTIVEX
control is not enabled, But I did enabled it and restarted my computer, I
have to download my item without the ACTIVEX. I extract it and open Excel,
and it tells me that it cannot read the file!!
Is there a way to get ACTIVEX's downloaded if the ones that already have
aren't working right?
And, How can I fix the downloading and opening problem?
                                                                 Thank you
to all who respond.

Just an idea.........

Roll back your system using System Restore.

Good luck.

Biff

"cali" <livin2carve@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Please can someone help
> I am running MS XP2, and have had NO trouble getting updates or any
> downloads before, I downloaded the MS baseline security analyzer 2 nights
> ago, and now I have major trouble downloading(it keeps telling me my
> ACTIVEX
> control is not enabled, But I did enabled it and restarted my computer, I
> have to download my item without the ACTIVEX. I extract it and open Excel,
> and it tells me that it cannot read the file!!
> Is there a way to get ACTIVEX's downloaded if the ones that already have
> aren't working right?
> And, How can I fix the downloading and opening problem?
>                                                                 Thank you
> to all who respond.

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

RPC over HTTP/S trouble
I have gotten the single server RPC over HTTPS to work just fine on the lan, but when i am trying to connect to it over the internet its failing. Outlook is comming up and saying "Your microsoft exchange server is currently unavailable" When i do a netstat, it shows that its trying to connect to epmap as well as HTTPS. Why? Also, why could it be working over the lan, even on a firewalled subnet with only HTTPS open, and it works great. It could be due to name resolution or your firewall. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" &q...

How do I avoid duplication when downloading files from server?
Hello. New to this. I have a Gmail account and I have enabled for POP access. Every time I press the 'send/receive'button, I have all my messages downloaded again, and have duplication. This is chewing up my broadband limit. How do I stop this. Cheers set gmail to only download new messages. If outlook doesn't get the chance ot send a proper delete command, it will keep downloading them and if you have a lot of messages, it may not get the chance. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visu...

Outlook Express Won't Re-Open
Thanks in advance for any help . . . Running OE on a new XP notebook. Have re-installed Office twice and downloaded SP1 (etc.), but the following still occurs too frequently - but not consistently: When switching between identities in OE6, the program SOMETIMES will not re-open. The only solution is rebooting, which is a grind. Have searched the Knowledge Base, etc. Computer completely updated via Microsoft website. Any ideas? (The setting in OE6 are checked, too. No reason for this to be happening - and Compaq/HP says it is a software problem and not the machine.) Thanks, Li...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Offiline address book could not be downloaded within Outlook 2002
The error message says: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server error (0x80004005)': 'The operation failed' need help please. J- ...

Money Plus Deluxe 2008.....ugh!
Omigosh...I had a moment of weakness at Wal-Mart and bought M+ DX for $20 thinking it may work better than the trial .....and it doesn't! This version is extremely slow...on an AMD 64Bit 2 GB DDR Memory with 250 MB of free Hard Drive space running Vista Home Premium....that is just pathetic! Most of the time, the mouse cursor and the Vista "blue ring" look like they are battling it out on my screen to see if it is BUSY or READY and they can't decide for about 2 minutes. I turned off ALL the FYI Alerts, the Windows LIVE! association, ad links, and anything else that re...

download info from bank to same file
I am downloading from my bank (Scotiabank) to an Excel file, is there any way to download the next day to the same file, so I will not need to cut and paste? Jacob wrote: > I am downloading from my bank (Scotiabank) to an Excel file, is there any > way to download the next day to the same file, so I will not need to cut and > paste? There are probably many ways to do it, but I have done it this way with good success. 1 - Download your bank data to a text file in column the format you want and save it as Scotiabank.txt 2 - Open an Excel workbook and select Data, Import External ...

Issuing opening files
My excel program will not open files when I try to access them from anywhere other than Excel directly. Eg. Outlook attachments, My Documents, Desktop. If I find an excel file in My documents or as an attachment in Outlook, and I double click it (or right click and open) my Excel program will open but the file will not. I have to save any attachment to my computer and access it through Excel. Any ideas? Check out the following article; it may help:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919196 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "wtaipan" wrote:...

XPath trouble
Any leads/help/ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm getting a response back from a SOAP server and under classic ASP I was able to process the xml fine. The app is being ported to c# and the same approach isn't working as well. It fails at the xpath query after the results come back. XML response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <soap:Body&g...

Ugh! My mortgage is a mess!
After noticing some slight errors in my principle remaining, I reset all of my mortgage values in Money. Now it takes my FULL weekly payment directly off the principle. As much as I wish this were actually happening, I want to fix this error. I don't even know where to begin. Can I start all over again -- erase the mortgage account entirely and have it reconstructed? Thanks, any explanations you want to give me here are welcomed. Kenny the Newbie I resolved the issue by closing both my Mortgage Account and my "House" acount. I then recreated both, and I've been thr...

Trouble adding attachments in Outlook 2000
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 installed on several workstations. On one workstation when the user tries to add an attachment to an email messaged, she can click on Insert attachment and browse so far, but once she gets to one certain directory, the list of files starts to show up and then Outlook hangs up. It is a large directory on our network server, but everyone else can browse to this directory and choose and attachment. We run an Exchange 2003 server if that helps. Has anyone seen this issue or have any ideas? keplerteresa@hotmail.com <keplerteresa@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have ...

where can i download clipboard?
i need clipboard for my projects for school but windows xp that my computer has doesn;t have clipboard. Can i download it and where? The clipboard is part of Windows, so it exists on your computer. What happens when you try to copy and paste something? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jes" <jes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90D22E8B-9E36-40AA-AF41-3DBEEA9802DA@microsoft.com... >i need clipboard for my projects for school but windows xp that >my computer > has doesn;t have cl...

Cannot update Office, comp claims word and power point open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 2008 on my new macbook, once installation was complete I checked for updates, and began installation of a necessary update. However, a window came up saying I could not continue with installation until I closed out of Word and Power Point. Neither Word nor Power Point are open. I tried opening them and closing them and it still says they are open and need to be closed. <kt20w@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just installed Office 2008 on my new macbook, once installation was > complete I...

unable to open your default folders
I am using windows 7 and I can not access my Outlook 2003 I get the error message of unable to open your default folders The information store cannot be opened. I have tried the repair ideas on this site, but the most recent one is dated 2007. Are there any newer solutions, I need help can someone please help me? See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#scanpst -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ht...

Router Trouble
Hey Guys, I Have been experiencing slow internet speed, So I called my provider, they said I had a very Strong Connection, But it may be my older router that I'm using is slowing it down. I only used the router in the past when I was using 3 Different computers, Now I'm limited to just one, I have tried eliminating the router and trying to just use the modem for a (hopefully) Stronger connection, but to no avail(With Limited Computer knowledge I might add). Was wondering if there is something specific I need to do to Eliminate the Router and just use the modem for my con...

Sending Troubles and others
Multiple Troubles with Outlook 2002 When sending, usually with small photo attachments I get Sending and Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'" Sometimes I get 0x8004210A Sometimes I get 0x80040109 When I go to Outbox before msgs are sent the type changes and it seems I should resend which I do. Sometimes Outlook shows as closed on taskbar, but has not closed and will not close gracefully when I shutdown. Connect speed varies fr...

Cannot Open *.mny file
I recently had a problem on my Hard Disc that required me to run a clean install of Vista. I was able to rescue some of the data files for various programmes amongst which was my *.mny file. After re-installing the same version of Money I have made several attempts to open that file but no success. Continually get error messages or requests to restore a back-up. Unfortunately the Back-up was not rescued, only the *.mny. It is very frustrating as there are several years of info that still apears to be there but I cannot access it. Am I at a dead end or is there any way round this? ...

outlook express troubles
Is anyone having difficulties with outlook express after downloading the updates from that worm that was going around on Monday?? I can get into outlook express and check email, but if I simply X out of it and go back into it, it doesn't ask me for my password identity. I have actually log off identity....It didn't used to do that...any help would be appreciated.... ...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

Trouble with KB 970315
I have a clustered SQL 2008 SP 1 running on Win2k3 R2 x64 SP2. There are two DB instances, the default for SharePoint, vcenter, and some custom databases and the other for OCS. I applied the cumulative update of KB 970315 to one of the nodes so that I could use the server for SharePoint 2010 beta 2. Before applying it to the second node, I failed over the groups to ensure that they would run. The group containing the default instance does not run on the updated server. It is the SQL Server resource within the group that fails to start. Everything is currently running on n...

email gets trapped in the queue folder....ugh!!
am experiencing a very annoying problem with an exchange 5.5 server on an NT server, that also uses a win 2000 server as the default smtp server. It seems that the queue in the inetpub/mailroot folder is receiving a large amount of spam....this is good. However, the problem lies in the fact that there is also some good email getting trapped in here.......and this "good" email seems to be originating from one sender that our company has alot of communication with. What the heck is the purpose of the "queue" folder, and why would healthy email be getting stuck here? When...

the message has not been fully downloaded
"the message has not been fully downloaded" I hate receving this message when I try to open an email on my hotmail account in outlook 2003. I simply would like to open a simple email. What is the problem? Is there a way to solve this unundertsandable problem? If you right click on an item do you have an option to download it fully? "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:emtC6qt3FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > "the message has not been fully downloaded" > > I hate receving this message when I try to open an email on my hotmail ...

macros opening in excel mobile
does anyone know if possible to open macros in excel mobile? Not possible (at least not up until 2003), there are some third party spreadsheet programs for mobile users that supposedly support excel macros, have never tried them though -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "crusty53" <crusty53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A3AF3E-A82B-4E27-9A81-2247AEA8FCF5@microsoft.com... > does anyone know if possible to open macros in excel mobile? ...

Trouble with vsearch function
I am using a Vsearch function in a report workbook. The data is on another woorkbook. The function finds the data I am looking for in the data range, but it doesn't retreive the right information.... Rather it gives the data in the cell just above the one I want. It would also help me if someone could tell me how to format a column so that data imported as text becomes value (So that all the numbers that are stuck in the left of the cells move to the right as captured value) Sorry if some of this isn't very clear... Thank you for your help -----------------------------------------...