Two sets of data on one chart

I have made a bar chart containing actual dollars on the y axis and months on
the x axis.  I would like to add a line to the same chart which would
represent estimated dollars on the y and months on the x to compare the
actual to the estimate on the same chart.  Is this possible?
0
AYakos (1)

The following site should help:  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/

"AYakos" wrote:

> I have made a bar chart containing actual dollars on the y axis and months on
> the x axis.  I would like to add a line to the same chart which would
> represent estimated dollars on the y and months on the x to compare the
> actual to the estimate on the same chart.  Is this possible?
0
Michael5492 (655)
3/3/2005 4:31:04 PM
Go to the Chart menu, choose Source Data, select the Series tab, and click the Add
button. Select the cell range for the second series' Y values. If it's a line or
column chart, that's all you need. If it's a Scatter chart, also select the cells
for the X range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

AYakos wrote:

> I have made a bar chart containing actual dollars on the y axis and months on
> the x axis.  I would like to add a line to the same chart which would
> represent estimated dollars on the y and months on the x to compare the
> actual to the estimate on the same chart.  Is this possible?

synchiing two computers?

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

Set Client Size ?
Hi guys, I basically made a dialog-style application that's not using CDialog, all I do is set these styles for my CMainFrame: dwStyle=WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU; ....and it works great. I would like to set a specific size for the client area and have the whole window sized accordingly. What's the best/proper way to do that ? Thanks, Robert PS - I'm using VC6 (SP5) on XP Pro Take a look at CWnd::CalcWindowRect. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi, I can't figure out how to use that function. I tried this: BOOL CSkeletonApp::InitInstance() {...

Settings tab disapear from Admin user
Hi All, we have a strange issue regarding the setting tab on the CRM UI. i am the admin user and when i login to the CRM it can see the settings tab and all other options inside, but when i install the outlook desktop client on my machine the settings tab from the web UI either disappears or does not do anything when i click on it. so if i uninstall the outlook client it starts working fine again on the web UI. anyone else ever faced this before ? any ideas what could be the problem and the resolution ? Regards Ashfaq Ali CRM & GP Consultant Hi Ashfaq, this is a design flaw...

setting default namespace ??
How can I set the default namespace of an XmlDocument/XmlElement? I've tried doing something like rootElement.SetAttribute( "xmlns", "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/", "http://www.some.org/theschema" ); on the DocumentElement. However, this fails. Any ideas?? Thanks. Joost JoostV wrote: > How can I set the default namespace of an XmlDocument/XmlElement? You cannot set namespace of document in memory. You can add namespace declaration (by just adding as attribute), but it'll be in effect only when document is reparsed again. Instead try to accom...

Set Association
New to the forums~ Hope this is good enough explanation.. I've had my external harddrive for about a year now and had never had problems with it and vista.. A few days ago I turned both on but when I tried accessing my external harddive (J:\) I get this message.. J:\ This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control panel. I went to the control panel, but was at a complete loss as to what to do.. -- KemikalQueen 'This file does not have a program associated with it - what d...

autoshapes on chart print in wrong positions
I have a problem in Excel (2003 v.11.8220.8202) to do with how charts are printed when they have autoshapes added to them. I have an example file that I could send through. The shapes - arrows in this case - have been added as autoshapes on the chart but when you do a print preview or print some of the arrows move up in relation to the rest of the chart. This ruins the look of the chart. I have tried a number of different printer drivers and adobe distiller driver but they do not seem to affect the output of the chart. Any suggestions? Thanks Simon Try grouping the objects. Click ...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

how do i chart H:mm?? im having trouble
:confused: Hi there! I have a problem charting some data.... Column A: I have values of 1 through 23 (these are cycles in m business) Column B: I have a different time value associated with coresspondin cycle in format H:mm Example: cycle 1 took 29:55 (29hours and 55minutes) I need to display as a graph/chart for tomorrow am! Y axis are my cycles X axis should be intervals of time in increments of 5 hours Is it not charting properly because time is displayed H:mm- does i need to be decimal format? Also, the data i am grabbing is from cell that have formulas attached, so does that cause a ...

How do I set my account to send out of office request?
If I am out of the office and want all my emails sent to be to be notified of this, how can I do this? I know other email accounts can do this, so can Outlook? Thanks Aloha Henry, Do you have an Exchange server? What version of Outlook are you using? Are you sure you want to do this -- if you auto-reply to every e-mail you receive you're confirming to any spammers who get thru to your Inbox that your address is legitimate. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > If I am out of the office and want a...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Importing Office data file into Personal Folder
Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst" but file type Office data file. I have tried without success, using DB 287837, to convert the Office data file to an Outlook data file, but the conversion is not reflected in Win Explorer. Any suggestions? -- Chuck In news:188E8BDE-23D4-4907-86C7-6686B8CDE57E@microsoft.com, CTW67 <CTW67@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import > to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst&...

how do i set up readability statistics in publisher

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

SET RESOLUTION
How can I set the display's resolution to 800 x 600 from within a MFC dialog program vc 6.0? >How can I set the display's resolution to 800 x 600 >from within a MFC dialog program vc 6.0? Use the ChangeDisplaySettings API. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Note that it's not considered a good practice to change screen resolution without prompting the user for permission to do so. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "guest" <no_thanks@nospam@isp.net> wrote in message news:upl$YOD4FHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I set the display...

Can't Access Settings
Howdy, My user account is checked off as everything in roles in CRM. We're still a little new to CRM so I wanted to make sure I got to see everything. For a while I've been able to do what I need in Settings, but now when I click on Settings I only see a custom list I created. There is no Business Unit Settings, Templates, Org Settings, Etc. I double checked my account using the administration login and I am still a Sys Admin. Whats going on? -- David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com www.delphi-ts.com Might it be possible that you did modify the sitemap? Also, try to acc...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Setting hover data labels to cells other than source data
Hi and thanks in advance, I need a macro or something that will show a data label for a data source point when clicked or moved over by a mouse. I also need this data label to reference a different source than the source data used in the plot. For example, I am graphing a yield curve in relation to duration, however, instead of showing the x (duration) and y (yield) with the data label, I would like it to show the name of the instrument. x = column a, y = column b, instrument name = column c, for example. I have already tried using the tashar mehta macro for hovering data labels but it...