Two Axis

Hi,

I have a graph with two axis (one on the right and the
other on the left).  One of the axis goes into negative
numbers and starts at -1000 and finishes at 30,000. The
other axis starts at 0 and finishs at 30,000.  However,
the 0 starts at the same level as -1000 on on the other
axis (basically as a negative number).  I am trying to get
this to start at the same zero point as the other axis.

Apologies for the explanation but I'm finding it difficult
to explain.  If anyone understands this anomaly then can
you advise on the best method to resolve this issue?

TIA - Hardip
0
hardip01 (1)

Hi TIA - Hardip,

Perhaps this might work:
- right click the 'bad' axis and choose Format Axis
- select tab Scale
- set the Minimum value to -1000 (the value you need)
Additionally, if you want to hide the negative numbers on the changed axis
- right click the 'bad' axis and choose Format Axis
- select tab Number
- set Custom to format code 0;;

Good luck, Frans

"Hardip" <hardip01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a graph with two axis (one on the right and the
> other on the left).  One of the axis goes into negative
> numbers and starts at -1000 and finishes at 30,000. The
> other axis starts at 0 and finishs at 30,000.  However,
> the 0 starts at the same level as -1000 on on the other
> axis (basically as a negative number).  I am trying to get
> this to start at the same zero point as the other axis.
>
> Apologies for the explanation but I'm finding it difficult
> to explain.  If anyone understands this anomaly then can
> you advise on the best method to resolve this issue?
>
> TIA - Hardip

0
fhvzelm (53)
1/6/2005 12:07:18 PM
Hardip -

This explanation might help:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Hardip wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a graph with two axis (one on the right and the
> other on the left).  One of the axis goes into negative
> numbers and starts at -1000 and finishes at 30,000. The
> other axis starts at 0 and finishs at 30,000.  However,
> the 0 starts at the same level as -1000 on on the other
> axis (basically as a negative number).  I am trying to get
> this to start at the same zero point as the other axis.
>
> Apologies for the explanation but I'm finding it difficult
> to explain.  If anyone understands this anomaly then can
> you advise on the best method to resolve this issue?
>
> TIA - Hardip

synchiing two computers?

definning events along X axis
I currently havre a pretty basic graph with time on the X axis and sales along the Y. What I was wondering is whether there is a way to define certain events on the graph to better put into context the sales performance achieved during these events. Example: the graph already shows sales activity on a daily basis for the month of may. I am open to any non pie-type graph that would allow me the extra functionality of charting, in any reasonnable manner (other then manualy touching up dates on the finished graph) these respective dates: -may 1 to may 5 as a promotional event -may 12 to may 19t...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

X axis values, non-English versions of Excel
I've had a problem for quite sometime setting the x-axis range for day of week, for non-English enabled(european) Windows. Here are the steps to reproduce this. Windows XP, Office XP/2000 You can do this on a fully English version of Windows and office. 1) Go to control panel 2) Select Regional and Language Options. 3) Choose French (Belgium) (others suffice, but I tested with this setting) 4) Click ok. 5) Start Excel. 6) Enter 7 values down a column (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 250, 230) 7) Select the range. 8) Click Chart Wizard 9) Click Finish 10) Click inside plot area (gray area) 11) ...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...

Unanswered NonConsecutive X Axis
I posted this earlier and never got a response, so I have added some more detail and am reposting in hopes of solving my issue... I have a single column of data AJ11:AJ58 which contains a formula that results in OPEN or CLOSED. I need to reference this column in multiple formulas as well as in the X Axis of a chart. Not only do these values change, but they are also not necessarialy consecutive. For example, one pass results in a range of OPEN cells (which is what I need to reference) of AJ25:AJ52 and another common pass results in AJ11:AJ12,AJ21:AJ58. Is there a way to name this dy...

How do I create a chart on two axes with two lines and a bar
I am trying to compare two final stock prices to the average volume. So, teh left axes would have the numbers for the stock prices, and the right axes would have the volume. The two stock prices would be lines using the left, and the volume a bar using the right. I can do one line and one bar, but I can't figure out two lines. Can anyone help? Forget the built in custom types. It's better to build your own. Create your chart using all the data, to produce a chart with three line series all on the primary axis. Select the Volume series, and on the Chart menu, use Chart Type to ch...

how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column
I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this possible? Try =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "katbone1" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit > numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this > possible? Hi Use a formula =3Dright(A1, 2...

Combining Text and numbers from two cells
Hi all please help i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula? thanks Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492631 Hi! Try this: A1 = 6000 B1 = aaa =B1&"-"&A1 Biff "koba" <koba.1zwtbm_1134361504.8695...

Y Axis
Hi, I need to produce a horizontal bar graph from the following set of data: Quarter Q1 04 Q2 04 Q3 04 Q4 04 Q1 05 Q2 05 Q3 05 Q4 05 Q1 06 Jul Q1 Actual 38,221 45,749 Jul Q1 Forecast 12,777 55,829 16,257 4,016 214 0 Oct Q2 Actual 38,221 45,749 Oct Q2 Forecast 12,777 55,829 16,257 4,016 214 219 Jan Q3 Actual 22,539 45,749 Jan Q3 Forecast 12,777 55,829 16,257 4,016 214 219 465 Apr Q4 Actual 99 Apr Q4 Forecast 12,777 55,829 16,257 4,016 214 219 465 319 I have added a secondary Y axis but it shows the $ value instead of the time s...

Working with two Word Documents in Windowjs 7
I'm struggling to adjust to Windows 7 from XP. How do I reduce the size of two Word documents so I can view them "side by side" so to speak. The button that reduces the size of a document shrinks it to a tiny inch or so icon square in the corner of the screen. Is there no choice to view the entire document, reduced in size, when another document is on-screen? Many thanks! When you "restore" a window, it can be resized by dragging the sides. Or you can use the "snap" feature in Windows 7 to arrange windows; see http://windows.microsoft.com/en...

possible to chart two sets of data (4 columns) with common X & Y axes?
Is there a way to combine two sets of data with common X & Y axes on a scatter chart that lets the viewer see that there are two clusters of data (say with different point types or colors)? Here's an example: Column 1: Test session Column 2: Distance traveled under condition 1 Column 3: Travel time under condition 1 Column 4: Distance traveled under condition 2 Column 5: Travel time under condition 2 Columns 2/4 and 3/5 are the Y & X axes respectively. I want to overlay the raw data so that the clusters that emerge from condition 1 and 2 are easily seen (different colored dots fo...

Multiplying two columns
How do I multiply column A (length) by column B (width)? All I want is a new column C (area) where the cells correspond to what I just multiplied if one were to look from left to right. A x B = C. I can do it for two numbers but not whole columns.... In (eg) C1 =A1*B1 Select C1 Point to bottom right corner until you see the plus Double click To get the sum of all A*B you can use: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A50,B1:B50) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

How do I print two worksheets as a two-sided document?
I am trying to print two separate worksheets from a workbook as a two-sided document. Is this possible? If so, how? Using Excel 2003. If your printer is not capable of two sided printing then I think you have to print one worksheet, flip the paper and put it back in the printer, and print the other worksheet. Brilliant, no?<g> -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Col Flagg" <Col Flagg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1298BBB-8CD8-4A0E-A49C-F71C6B28CC69@microsoft.com... |I am trying to print two separate worksheets from a workbook as a two-sided | document. Is t...

update two tables with one form
Hi, I am creating a new database and ideally would like one form only to enter the relevant data, but that means it has to update two or more tables from that. Is that possible? Thanks Christina Yes, but you need to explain your data structure a bit. In a relational database, you can have several different types of relationships. What does your form do? If you have a form that adds customers, then it would probably just update one table. If you then want to add products to your database, that would probably be a separate form. Now, when it comes time to sell a product, you would...

Two Sites / Two domains
im interested in having two domains (child i would assume) at two physical locations. I also want to have a PPTP VPN set up for replication and a path for networking both ways. Since the one domain manages AV, WSUS and other applications. The domains are the names of the family in that house. The reason for the domains are that individuals like to go through others files, we also use replication for family pictures and use of resources at each others residences. Total storage on our network is just shy of 5TB's and we also have 5 printers on the servers we all want to sh...