Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders

I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I
decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I
was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the
form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the
rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or
do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question,
will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one point
or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
rpm4712 (28)

Is this a form that you put on a worksheet?

If yes, select that entire range that has the outside most border.
format|cells|Border tab
Click on the top, bottom and two sides to remove the outermost border.

Undo has a limit of 16 actions, but it's resizable by tweaking a registry
setting.

xl2k and above
XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211922

xl97
XL97: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=162944

The bad news is that that undo stack gets clobbered by lots of things--running
most macros or even doing a save will kill it.

I try to save right before I'm gonna start experimenting.

--

Dave Peterson
0

The Undo feature won't be retained forever. By default, Excel will
remember 16 Undo actions. However, those can be deleted by saving the
file, or by using commands such as Remove Subtotals or adding an AutoFilter.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/1/2005 3:10:47 PM
Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history can
become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting as
I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).

each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described is
just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger boarder,
you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where you
have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have learned,
it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end
> decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I
> was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in
the
> form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the
> rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
> because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or
> do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question,
> will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one
point
> or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
twogilvy (1078)
1/1/2005 3:13:11 PM
If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border around,
just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the cells
associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on the
appropriate border to toggle the border off.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
> stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history can
> become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting
as
> I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).
>
> each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described is
> just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
> setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger boarder,
> you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
> that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where you
> have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have
learned,
> it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> > I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the
end
> > decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it,
> > was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in
> the
> > form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not
the
> > rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
> > because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe,
or
> > do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more
question,
> > will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one
> point
> > or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
twogilvy (1078)
1/1/2005 5:12:13 PM
Happy New-Year to all of you, and thanks for the answers to all of you as
well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border around
several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left corner.
If  I  like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left top
corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it is
not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some other
place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on the
top left. Would you  help me again please..........Grandpa.............Peter

> If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
> around,
> just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
> cells
> associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on the
> appropriate border to toggle the border off.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
>> stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history
>> can
>> become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting
> as
>> I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).
>>
>> each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described is
>> just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
>> setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger boarder,
>> you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
>> that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where
>> you
>> have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have
> learned,
>> it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Tom Ogilvy
>>

>> "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
>> > I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the
> end
>> > decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like
>> > it,
>> > was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in
>> the
>> > form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not
> the
>> > rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
>> > because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe,
> or
>> > do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more
> question,
>> > will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one
>> point
>> > or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
rpm4712 (28)
1/1/2005 6:50:45 PM
When you say:
<"I made a border around several cells">
Just exactly what "set-up" do you mean?

Are they in a single row, across columns - D10:G10
Or a single column, down some rows - D10:D13
Or a combination D10:G13 ?

Depending on the configuration of your selected cells, there are different
procedures that you could perform to display differing results.

If you used (selected) D10:G13 for example,
Surrounded it with a border,
And maybe added a pattern color of White or Lt.Blue,
You wouldn't see any of the grid lines within the selection,
And you could enter your text in D10, to have it displayed in the top left
corner.

As far as moving it:
Just select the entire "box" (D10:G13),
And then hover the cursor just outside any one of the borders until the
cursor changes to an arrow.
Then, simply click and drag the entire "box" to whatever location you wish.

You could also *name* this selection, so that it could be more easily
selected.
Select D10:G13, and click in the "name box", which is just to the left of
the formula window.
Type in a short name, such as "box" (no quotes), and hit <Enter>.

You could then click the name in the name box, and have the box selected,
where you could easily drag it to wherever.
--
HTH,

RD

> Happy New-Year to all of you, and thanks for the answers to all of you as
> well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border around
> several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left corner.
> If  I  like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
> grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left top
> corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it is
> not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some
other
> place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on
the
> top left. Would you  help me again
please..........Grandpa.............Peter

> "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> > If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
> > around,
> > just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
> > cells
> > associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on
the
> > appropriate border to toggle the border off.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Tom Ogilvy
> >

> > "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> >> Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
> >> stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history
> >> can
> >> become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry
setting
> > as
> >> I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).
> >>
> >> each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described
is
> >> just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area
and
> >> setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger
boarder,
> >> you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and
turn
> >> that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where
> >> you
> >> have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have
> > learned,
> >> it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Tom Ogilvy
> >>

> >> "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> > end
> >> the
> > the
> > or
> > question,
> >> point

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/1/2005 7:36:23 PM
Many thanks for your kind help RD...........I used the combination for
example D10:G13
and after your helpful explanation was able to follow your advise and move
the selected area w/o any problems.
I'm also able to use the "name box" with your kind help. How do I delete a
wrong name from that area?
You sure made my day with this help. I wish there was a book I can buy for
just form making....Have a Happy New Year...............Peter

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> top
>> corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it is
>> not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some
> other
>> place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on
> the
>> top left. Would you  help me again
> please..........Grandpa.............Peter
>>
>> "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
>> > around,
>> > just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
>> > cells
>> > associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on
> the
>> > appropriate border to toggle the border off.

1/1/2005 9:21:15 PM
Thanks for the feed-back.

For your other concerns,
To delete any unwanted names, go to:
<Insert> <Name> <Define>
And simply select the name in the window and click on <Delete>.

As far as creating forms, here's an old post that might help a little, with
some start-up basics:

 http://tinyurl.com/6w2mj

--
HTH,

RD

> [...]
as
> >> well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border
> >> around
> >> several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left
> >> corner.
> >> If  I  like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
> >> grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left
> >> top
> >> corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it
is
> >> not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some
> > other
> >> place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on
> > the
> >> top left. Would you  help me again
> > please..........Grandpa.............Peter

1/1/2005 11:49:09 PM
Hello RD again, for me, this was the best information I ever received for
what I like to do most of the time, unfortunately it is quite complicated
for an old man. I appreciate you a lot RD. I'm beginning to have fun at
this. I promise I will read more. I have a couple of problems, I can't get
the "grid look" when I click on my new icon on the tool menu, (thanks to
you) all I get is a blank sheet, in other words, the gridlines disappear. Is
that the way it suppose to look? I probably am doing something wrong. I also
can't find the procedure for the "CenterAcrossSelection" is that also on the
toolbar somewhere? Sorry for all the questions, but I promise after this I
will not ask anymore. Many many thanks RD.............Peter

> [...]
> of
>> > the formula window.
>> > Type in a short name, such as "box" (no quotes), and hit <Enter>.
>> >
>> > You could then click the name in the name box, and have the box
> selected,
>> > where you could easily drag it to wherever.
>> > --
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
> !

> -
>> >
>> > "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> as
> is
>> > other
>> > the
>> > please..........Grandpa.............Peter

1/2/2005 3:35:44 AM
The name of the icon is "ToggleGrid", and it looks like a small square
filled with tiny dots.
This should do what it's name implies, toggle the grid, meaning you click it
to remove the grid, and you click it again to return the grid.
Keeping you cursor on the icon, and constantly clicking it, should make the
grid appear and disappear, toggle off and on.

As for "Center Across Selection";
Unfortunately, the icon that's easily dragged to the toolbar is *NOT* the
right one to use.
It's the "Merge And Center", icon, and I definitely advise *AGAINST* using
it.
To get to "Center Across Selection", click:
<Format> <Cells> <Alignment> tab,
Expand the "Horizontal" box, and you'll find the "Center Across Selection"
choice the last one in the list.

And don't be afraid to ask more questions.
ALL the folks around here are truly glad to answer all the questions that
you care to ask, XL pertinent, of course.
--
HTH,

RD

> [...]
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> >> Many thanks for your kind help RD...........I used the combination for
> >> example D10:G13
> >> and after your helpful explanation was able to follow your advise and
> >> move
> >> the selected area w/o any problems.
> >> I'm also able to use the "name box" with your kind help. How do I
delete
> >> wrong name from that area?
> >> You sure made my day with this help. I wish there was a book I can buy
> >> for
> >> just form making....Have a Happy New Year...............Peter

1/2/2005 4:18:00 AM
Many many thanks again for all the help, Tom, Dave, Debra and Ragdyer, I'm
sick in bed, but will recover and get back. The help was tremendous for this
grandpa ..............Peter

> [...]
> the
>> toolbar somewhere? Sorry for all the questions, but I promise after this
>> will not ask anymore. Many many thanks RD.............Peter
>>
>> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the feed-back.
>> >
>> > For your other concerns,
>> > To delete any unwanted names, go to:
>> > <Insert> <Name> <Define>
>> > And simply select the name in the window and click on <Delete>.
>> >
>> > As far as creating forms, here's an old post that might help a little,
>> > with
>> > some start-up basics:
>> >
>> > http://tinyurl.com/6w2mj
>> >
>> > --
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Purchase Requisition Form
Before we can put in a Purchase Order in GP, we have to first fill out and get approved a "Purchase Order Requisition form". The workflow would be that somebody completes the PO Req form to buy a "copier" for eg. , and then he sends it over via email to his boss. Who then accepts it or rejects it. If it is accepted it to goes to finance and they write a chck. If rejected in will be squashed. If anybody has done this..please share your ideas. We had it working using forms in Outlook 2003 but now we upgraded to 2007 and the forms no longer works for us and the original...

limit size of integer in number field on form
I have a quantity per field set up in my SQL Server file (adp project) as precision 11 scale 5. This means the largest number I can store is 999999.99999 . I have a subform that this field is entered on (datasheet view) and if a user keys in a number that is 7 digits long (one longer than what is allowed) I get the error "multiple step operation generated errors". I can trap for this error in the forms On Error event but it's just the generic error 2757 which covers a lot more errors than mine. And the control.value doesn't contain what was keyed in, it just has the old v...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

OWA Issues with Forms
I have added another Exchange Cluster to my enviroment. We have forms enabled on the OWA servers and everything works fine on the original virtual server. For mailboxes on the new virtual server, the forms login page appears but when it goes to display the web page with the inbox, it errors out. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 R2 SP1 with all the latest patches. I have compared all the setting on both the virtual servers and everything matches. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks for the help. "Webiknight" <webiknight@gmail.com> wrote in news:1170254590.1509...

Borders
I can put borders around the calls on the work sheet, but when I print the work sheet out.the borders will not be showen on the worksheet. NEED HELP Hi Eddie, If you are not confusing gridlines with borders then I expect that you have the Print B&W option turned on, or are producing Draft Quality file, page setup, sheets (tab) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "EDDIE" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Can't delete scraps off to the side
Hi. I was revising a page and dragged some images off my page and onto the scrap area (what do you call the gray space around the document anyway?). These images don't show up when I'm paging through the document, but they do show on print preview and now I see they showed up on my printed copy too! I can't delete or cut them. How do I get rid of them? Thanks. -- Hugs, Erika Open the Graphics Manager (tools) (2002 or 03), are the images listed? Can you select the images? If you can select the images, drag them down to the bottom or top of your publication in the scratch...

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

How do I... On opening file from hard disk, open a form
Hello, Microsoft Access 2003. I would like my Main Menu form to open when a user opens my database. So far I am in no way networked or web based, I'll probably get there but right now I have a file (Inventoryv4.mdb) that resides on the user's hard drive. when she opens this file, I would like my main menu form to open, instead of her having to go through the little task pane and dbl clk on frm_MAINMENU. How might one do this? ***Note: I need the task pane with all the tables queries, forms etc to still be there, just in the background, preferably minimized, and the main men...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

how can i delete mulitiple emails at once?
new to this...thank you You can hold down the shift or ctrl key to select multiple items. Once you have the items selected, shift+delete is a permanent delete and pressing delete key moves things to the deleted items folder. "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4475BBE-E47D-4652-96DE-87C7360359A3@microsoft.com... > new to this...thank you mickey wrote: > new to this...thank you How do you select multiple files in Windows Explorer? ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Outlook Express-email being auto deleted-cannot retrieve again
Can anyone help?? Messages in my Inbox, sent, and delete files, are for some unexplained reason disappearing from these files. I don't know where they are going. It does not happen on any noticeable schedule but does occur frequently. Can anyone help?? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micro...

how to add bound image to a form
I have problem to add bound image in the table. I want to do students database. Could help me to solve my problem. I want a form which can displays a different image as I look other students database Joe, If you open the form in design view, you should be able to drag the image from the field list onto the form. If haven't done it, you need to add an OLE type field to the table. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A3E056-80C9-4D22-854D-D3C01E0E0FC1@microsoft.com... >I have problem to add bound image in the tab...

How do I create a windows form that is an ellipse
Hi! Normally when you create a form it's shape is a rectangle. Now I want to create a windows form that is not a rectangle but an ellipse instead I wonder if anyone have some good example of code where this is done. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:ec84YWZ0KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Normally when you create a form it's shape is a rectangle. > Now I want to create a windows form that is not a rectangle but an ellipse > instead > I wonder if anyone have some good ex...

Marking or deleting duplicate entries
Using Excel XP SP3 I have 2 separate sheets of data coming from different time periods. Sheet One has 1000 rows of data and Sheet 2 has 1600 rows of data. Sheet One has some of the same data as sheet Two. Sheet Two has some of the same data as sheet One. Both have data that neither have. I copied sheet two on the last row of sheet one, then I did a sort. I got what I needed, plus what I didn't need, duplicate rows of data. Can Excel XP identify these duplicate rows and delete just one of the duplicate rows leaving the other untouched??? Maybe there is a better method then copying an...

running a subroutine from the parent form
Hi I have a Main form called OpenLesson with a subform called SuggestedLesson displayed as a datasheet I have a button on the OpenLesson form called cmdRunSuggestedthat takes information from the current record in the subform and starts a lesson. I would like to call the code behind the button cmdRunSuggested_Click by double clicking a control in a record in the subform. Forms!parent!cmdRunSuggested_Click Forms!OpenLesson!cmdRunSuggested_Click didn't work form me. What syntax do I need for this Thanks Thanks Dorian That makes sense. I will go that way ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

access-problem saving forms and reports
I have a problem every time im trying to save a form in access. It doesnt matter to what table i create a form or a report,the access wont allow me to save it and puts on an error message: "microsoft office access doesnt have the option to save the form or the report because he presents chars from a language that cannot be be saved in your system area. switch your system area to the language in the form or the report and than try again". my office is in hebrew and my windows in english,i have passed all the data in the table and in the form between the languages back and fort...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...