Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders

I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I
decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I
was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the
form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the
rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or
do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question,
will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one point
or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
rpm4712 (28)

Is this a form that you put on a worksheet?

If yes, select that entire range that has the outside most border.
format|cells|Border tab
Click on the top, bottom and two sides to remove the outermost border.

Undo has a limit of 16 actions, but it's resizable by tweaking a registry
setting.

xl2k and above
XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211922

xl97
XL97: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=162944

The bad news is that that undo stack gets clobbered by lots of things--running
most macros or even doing a save will kill it.

I try to save right before I'm gonna start experimenting.

--

Dave Peterson
0

The Undo feature won't be retained forever. By default, Excel will
remember 16 Undo actions. However, those can be deleted by saving the
file, or by using commands such as Remove Subtotals or adding an AutoFilter.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/1/2005 3:10:47 PM
Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history can
become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting as
I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).

each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described is
just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger boarder,
you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where you
have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have learned,
it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end
> decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I
> was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in
the
> form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the
> rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
> because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or
> do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question,
> will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one
point
> or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
twogilvy (1078)
1/1/2005 3:13:11 PM
If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border around,
just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the cells
associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on the
appropriate border to toggle the border off.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
> stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history can
> become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting
as
> I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).
>
> each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described is
> just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
> setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger boarder,
> you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
> that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where you
> have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have
learned,
> it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> > I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the
end
> > decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it,
> > was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in
> the
> > form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not
the
> > rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
> > because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe,
or
> > do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more
question,
> > will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one
> point
> > or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
twogilvy (1078)
1/1/2005 5:12:13 PM
Happy New-Year to all of you, and thanks for the answers to all of you as
well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border around
several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left corner.
If  I  like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left top
corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it is
not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some other
place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on the
top left. Would you  help me again please..........Grandpa.............Peter

> If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
> around,
> just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
> cells
> associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on the
> appropriate border to toggle the border off.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
>> stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history
>> can
>> become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry setting
> as
>> I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).
>>
>> each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described is
>> just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area and
>> setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger boarder,
>> you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and turn
>> that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where
>> you
>> have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have
> learned,
>> it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Tom Ogilvy
>>

>> "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
>> > I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the
> end
>> > decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like
>> > it,
>> > was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in
>> the
>> > form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not
> the
>> > rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer,
>> > because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe,
> or
>> > do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more
> question,
>> > will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop at one
>> point
>> > or another? Many thanks in advance.........Peter

0
rpm4712 (28)
1/1/2005 6:50:45 PM
When you say:
<"I made a border around several cells">
Just exactly what "set-up" do you mean?

Are they in a single row, across columns - D10:G10
Or a single column, down some rows - D10:D13
Or a combination D10:G13 ?

Depending on the configuration of your selected cells, there are different
procedures that you could perform to display differing results.

If you used (selected) D10:G13 for example,
Surrounded it with a border,
And maybe added a pattern color of White or Lt.Blue,
You wouldn't see any of the grid lines within the selection,
And you could enter your text in D10, to have it displayed in the top left
corner.

As far as moving it:
Just select the entire "box" (D10:G13),
And then hover the cursor just outside any one of the borders until the
cursor changes to an arrow.
Then, simply click and drag the entire "box" to whatever location you wish.

You could also *name* this selection, so that it could be more easily
selected.
Select D10:G13, and click in the "name box", which is just to the left of
the formula window.
Type in a short name, such as "box" (no quotes), and hit <Enter>.

You could then click the name in the name box, and have the box selected,
where you could easily drag it to wherever.
--
HTH,

RD

> Happy New-Year to all of you, and thanks for the answers to all of you as
> well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border around
> several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left corner.
> If  I  like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
> grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left top
> corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it is
> not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some
other
> place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on
the
> top left. Would you  help me again
please..........Grandpa.............Peter

> "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> > If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
> > around,
> > just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
> > cells
> > associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on
the
> > appropriate border to toggle the border off.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Tom Ogilvy
> >

> > "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> >> Undo only works in a single session of excel.  The undo history is not
> >> stored in the workbook.  Also, even within a session, the undo history
> >> can
> >> become cleared.    The "depth" of undo can be set with a registry
setting
> > as
> >> I recall (believe the default is 16 actions).
> >>
> >> each cell has a border property.  a large border such as you described
is
> >> just attained by going through each cell in the selected border area
and
> >> setting the appropriate border.  If you want to clear the larger
boarder,
> >> you will have to go to each cell where you don't want a boarder and
turn
> >> that border off.  This is best done in Cells=>Format=>Border Tab where
> >> you
> >> have more control of the individual borders in a cell.  As you have
> > learned,
> >> it is much easier to add multiple borders than to remove them.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Tom Ogilvy
> >>

> >> "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> > end
> >> the
> > the
> > or
> > question,
> >> point

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/1/2005 7:36:23 PM
Many thanks for your kind help RD...........I used the combination for
example D10:G13
and after your helpful explanation was able to follow your advise and move
the selected area w/o any problems.
I'm also able to use the "name box" with your kind help. How do I delete a
wrong name from that area?
You sure made my day with this help. I wish there was a book I can buy for
just form making....Have a Happy New Year...............Peter

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> top
>> corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it is
>> not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some
> other
>> place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on
> the
>> top left. Would you  help me again
> please..........Grandpa.............Peter
>>
>> "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > If there is no overlap betseen your internal borders and the border
>> > around,
>> > just delete each side of the border as an individual step. Select the
>> > cells
>> > associated with that side, then do Format=>Cells=>Border and click on
> the
>> > appropriate border to toggle the border off.

1/1/2005 9:21:15 PM
Thanks for the feed-back.

For your other concerns,
To delete any unwanted names, go to:
<Insert> <Name> <Define>
And simply select the name in the window and click on <Delete>.

As far as creating forms, here's an old post that might help a little, with
some start-up basics:

 http://tinyurl.com/6w2mj

--
HTH,

RD

> [...]
as
> >> well. It worked of course. I have another question. I made a border
> >> around
> >> several cells, and put the word serial number in the top most left
> >> corner.
> >> If  I  like to move this box, how do I make it a movable box, by just
> >> grabbing it and moving it, and how can I keep the writing in that left
> >> top
> >> corner. I tried different things, like combining the cells. (I know it
is
> >> not the right syntax) when I combined the cells the writing went some
> > other
> >> place, and I could not find the place to click for the writing to be on
> > the
> >> top left. Would you  help me again
> > please..........Grandpa.............Peter

1/1/2005 11:49:09 PM
Hello RD again, for me, this was the best information I ever received for
what I like to do most of the time, unfortunately it is quite complicated
for an old man. I appreciate you a lot RD. I'm beginning to have fun at
this. I promise I will read more. I have a couple of problems, I can't get
the "grid look" when I click on my new icon on the tool menu, (thanks to
you) all I get is a blank sheet, in other words, the gridlines disappear. Is
that the way it suppose to look? I probably am doing something wrong. I also
can't find the procedure for the "CenterAcrossSelection" is that also on the
toolbar somewhere? Sorry for all the questions, but I promise after this I
will not ask anymore. Many many thanks RD.............Peter

> [...]
> of
>> > the formula window.
>> > Type in a short name, such as "box" (no quotes), and hit <Enter>.
>> >
>> > You could then click the name in the name box, and have the box
> selected,
>> > where you could easily drag it to wherever.
>> > --
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
> !

> -
>> >
>> > "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> as
> is
>> > other
>> > the
>> > please..........Grandpa.............Peter

1/2/2005 3:35:44 AM
The name of the icon is "ToggleGrid", and it looks like a small square
filled with tiny dots.
This should do what it's name implies, toggle the grid, meaning you click it
to remove the grid, and you click it again to return the grid.
Keeping you cursor on the icon, and constantly clicking it, should make the
grid appear and disappear, toggle off and on.

As for "Center Across Selection";
Unfortunately, the icon that's easily dragged to the toolbar is *NOT* the
right one to use.
It's the "Merge And Center", icon, and I definitely advise *AGAINST* using
it.
To get to "Center Across Selection", click:
<Format> <Cells> <Alignment> tab,
Expand the "Horizontal" box, and you'll find the "Center Across Selection"
choice the last one in the list.

And don't be afraid to ask more questions.
ALL the folks around here are truly glad to answer all the questions that
you care to ask, XL pertinent, of course.
--
HTH,

RD

> [...]
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
> >> Many thanks for your kind help RD...........I used the combination for
> >> example D10:G13
> >> and after your helpful explanation was able to follow your advise and
> >> move
> >> the selected area w/o any problems.
> >> I'm also able to use the "name box" with your kind help. How do I
delete
> >> wrong name from that area?
> >> You sure made my day with this help. I wish there was a book I can buy
> >> for
> >> just form making....Have a Happy New Year...............Peter

1/2/2005 4:18:00 AM
Many many thanks again for all the help, Tom, Dave, Debra and Ragdyer, I'm
sick in bed, but will recover and get back. The help was tremendous for this
grandpa ..............Peter

> [...]
> the
>> toolbar somewhere? Sorry for all the questions, but I promise after this
>> will not ask anymore. Many many thanks RD.............Peter
>>
>> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the feed-back.
>> >
>> > For your other concerns,
>> > To delete any unwanted names, go to:
>> > <Insert> <Name> <Define>
>> > And simply select the name in the window and click on <Delete>.
>> >
>> > As far as creating forms, here's an old post that might help a little,
>> > with
>> > some start-up basics:
>> >
>> > http://tinyurl.com/6w2mj
>> >
>> > --
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

Trying to open
I recently upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. On my previous version of IE, when I would click an excel file posted on the internet, it would ask if I wanted to open or save the file, and if i clicked open, it would automatically open up in excel. Now when I click an excel file on a website, it does absolutely nothing. Any help? Is it just a setting that was changed when I updated to IE8? I don't use MSIE8. But in older versions, I could rightclick on the link to the excel file and choose to save the file. After I save it locally, I can open it in excel. Tech Ques wrot...

Exmerge and Deleted Items Retension
Hello, When I use Exmerge on a mailbox does it recover Deleted Items? When a domain users leaves the company they sometimes toss all their e-mail into the Deleted Items bin and click "Empty". I create a profile in outlook to open their mailbox. I would then select the "Deleted Items" folder then "Tools" and "Recover Deleted Items". Then I would export the mailbox to a ..pst and hand the .pst to a manager or replacement. Can I do the same thing by using Exmerge without going through all those steps to recover deleted e-mail? Thanks On Mon, 22 Ma...

Try security package from the M$
--exvtovhzavjf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lbgaujqje"; type="multipart/alternative" --lbgaujqje Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eypaxwokmowribgw" --eypaxwokmowribgw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerab...

Deleted Wife's User Profile-Outlook Info Gone
Hello-I deleted the user profile my wife was using on her computerand created a new one for her. Unfortunatley all her Outlook data disappeared. Is the old .pst still around on the box... How can I recover from this mistake?? She needs her calendar and contact data back. Messages not as important but would be nice. I really want to sleep in my own bed again! LOL Any help would be appreciated. She is running 2000 Pro- Outlook 2002... Removing a profile does not remove the PST. It's still there. Just open it in Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Allen" <al...

Recovering emails from mailbox that was deleted months ago
I have been asked to find emails in a mailbox that hasn't been used in 15 months. They are not on any backups since we don't keep them for more than a year. The user hasn't logged on to the pc since the mailbox was deleted and the ad account was deleted (obviously). we run Outlook in cached mode here so I'm wondering if this is possible. Can I get the password that the user was using (if the remember), unhook the pc from the network and log on using stored credentials in windows xp and pull up outlook to get the local copy of the mailbox to come up. Then grab the messag...

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Try this correction pack from MS
--yelydxhgbnnkax Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jufbdiwvfxjx"; type="multipart/alternative" --jufbdiwvfxjx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ylwbktgmuyd" --ylwbktgmuyd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the...

Error when trying to add entity in admin interface
Anyone experiencing this issue? I am able to bring up both the mobile client and the administration interface. However, when i am in the administration interface and I am trying to add an entity, and I get the following error: Server Error in '/MobileClient' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The operation has timed out Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. E...

problem populating continious form with vb6
Hi I try to populate a unbound form with unbound textboxes with records from a table. What I get is a form filled with textboxes as much as records in the table and each textbox is filled with the value of the first record. How can I display the value of each record in the form? BTW: My form is a continuous form. My code: .... strsql = "Select * from Table1" Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(strsql, dbOpenDynaset) Set MyForm.Recordset=rst MyForm!Textbox1.Value=rst![Field1] .... On Tue, 11 May 2010 06:22:01 -0700, scoebidoo <scoebidoo@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Delete all rows where column A is blank
I need to write a macro to delete all rows where column A is blank. Can anyone help me with this please? -- Thank you, Jodie Try some code like the following. Change the value "Sheet1" to the appropriate worksheet name. Sub AAA() Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long Dim WS As Worksheet Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") With WS LastRow = .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell) _ .EntireRow.Cells(1, "A") For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If .Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = vb...

Try on security package
--nlzlgtewfvadtohv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ojighvvqogmtalx"; type="multipart/alternative" --ojighvvqogmtalx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zfzzrswzz" --zfzzrswzz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue ke...

Exchange 2003 & deleting SMTP address
Hi all, Under 5.5 we could delete the SMTP address of a user, who was terminated or left, to disallow email from coming in from the outside. Under 2003, if you only have theSMTP address, it won't let you delete it because it is the primary address. Is there a way to bypass this or some function I am not aware of to delete the address. We don't delete or archive the email account right away for various reasons but need to disable smtp traffic. Thanks in advance. Chris Do you disable the user account once they leave? If this is the case anyone who sends to this user will receive...

Delete Offline Browsing History or Content
When I use AOL through Firefox, the browsing history shows up. It does not show up through IE. The "Temporary Internet Files" is empty. How do I delete the history on my drive or all offline content? Thank you. ...

Can't delete file?!!?
I'm running a macro in XL2007 in Vista which is manipulating a Word document. At the end of everything, I want to delete the Word file. The Word file has been properly saved through VBA unsing SaveAs - it exists and I use the object to set ranges and such, so it's definitely a good file. But I can't delete it. I'm trying Kill and I'm trying FSO.DeleteFile. For some reason, my computer keeps flipping my file paths between C:\Users and C:\Documents and Settings, so I created two strings and am using both operations on both strings. Debug.Print shows good file p...

Trying to upgrade SharePoint 2 to 3 for BP 4
I'm getting an error during the v3 install where it says it can't alter the 'sa' password (when it's installing the SQL 2005 Embedded part). Anyone run into this issue before? Have you check the upgrade log? Can you post the last lines where the exact error is shown? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "jp@CBS" wrote: > I'm getting an error during the v3 install where it says it can't alter the >...

I spent three weeks trying to get my Money 2004 working...
My Money 2004 was working but all of a sudden stopped starting. When it starts, it pops up an error window complaining about mscofd.dll. I have tried everyting - reinstalling Money, registering some dll, etc. I opened a support case with Microsoft and talked to three support people, two from Money support and one from Windows. The solution - reformat hard drive, reinstall OS and all programs. What a waste of my time! Not sure I am going to do that... I did have some Trojan viruses before, but now the system is clean. I reinstall Windows (upgrade) put SP4, IE6 and all hotfixes.. Still n...

Store formulas in Vlookups? (another try ;)
Is there a way to store formulas as text in a Vlookup table and then retrieve and activate them? For example, below I do a lookup on "Dog" (A1), return the text C1&D1 from the table and slap an equal sign onto the front of it. This does not magically activate the text into a formula, unfortunately. main spreadsheet A B Dog ="="&Vlookup(A1,lookup_table,2) lookup_table A B Dog C1&D1 Log D1 Bog Q1 The result of this Vlookup is the text value =C1&D1, rather than the actual concatenated values of cells C1 and D1. Thanks! patrick Look in th...

HQ Purchase Orders
Hi, How do I delete bogus PO's at HQ? I would prefer not to use sql. Is there a quick safe way to do it? The PO's are from setting up the system and testing it. Regards Dan Levin hey Dan, Sorry mate but SQL is your answer. Just remove the header like RMS does. Ivan "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au> wrote in message news:%23mT5BceYGHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How do I delete bogus PO's at HQ? > I would prefer not to use sql. Is there a quick safe way to do it? > The PO's are from setting up the system and testing it. > > Regards &g...

change all form properties with code
Hello everyone. I have about 60 forms in my database, many with custom colors for the Details/Header/Footer sections and the forms' controls. I tried to write a sub to open each form in design view, change the colors back to the defaults, so I wouldn't have to fix each form manually. But for some reason I can't get this code to work: ------------------------------ Public Sub ReColor() On Error GoTo err_code Dim obj As AccessObject Dim dbs As Object Dim ctl As Control Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject For Each obj In dbs.AllForms DoCmd.OpenForm obj.Nam...

Deleted User and Orphan Records
Hello I have a Situation where the user is no longer with the company and inherently no longer in Active Directory. The User's GUID has changed after recreating him . How can we reassign all these orphan records to someone else on the organization ... as I have been getting so many messaged stating that the person does not exist on the Active directory ... and I know that the reason is the GUID change. Please Advice. Thank you -George You need to download the hotfix that comes with the CRM Sales For Outlook enhancements, specifically, hotfix number 833621. Once installed (it requi...

Network deleted file
Hello, Any one can tell me, if i delte the file or folder to network machine, so where the deleted folder will go in which recycle bin,network machin or local machine. Hello Jiwan, None of both, if you delete a file on a network share it is complete deleted. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hello, > > Any one can tell me, if i delte the file ...

getting HQ error message when trying to post pymt. on account???
We are using RMS v1.3R with headquarters and two store DBs. We recently had to migrate to a new server and re-install Headquarters. There is no firewall on the server right now. In HQ administrator at each workstation, all the correct data is entered in the configuration window, and test connection works. Also HQ client is connecting and downloading worksheets without any problems at all. However in POS if we try and post a payment on account we are getting the error that it cannot connect to HQ, so it only returns sales on account from the local store database. This worked without...

Please i need Help.. ( HOW delete a record from internet explorer 's history)
Hi (Sorry for my very bad english) I try to delete a record from Internet explorer' history in Visual c++, and i found this sample code on the microsoft web site USES_CONVERSION; CoInitialize(NULL); IUrlHistoryStg2* pUrlHistoryStg2 = NULL; HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CUrlHistory,NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC, IID_IUrlHistoryStg2,(void**)&pUrlHistoryStg2); IEnumSTATURL* pEnumURL; hr = pUrlHistoryStg2->EnumUrls(&pEnumURL); STATURL suURL; ULONG pceltFetched; suURL.cbSize = sizeof(suURL); hr = ...

Is it possible to groups form controls?
Is it possible to make a group of controls on a form, so that, for instance, a property for all controls in that group can be changed simultaneously? Sure would be nice! Not for the purpose you'd like it for. But if you use some namingconvention you could programmaticly change properties. So if you have a group for let's say address you could start each control with "adr" and then loop through the controls and perform the action you'd like. hth -- Maurice Ausum "markmarko" wrote: > Is it possible to make a group of controls on a form, so that, for ...

An error occured while trying to promote the email. Try again.
I get this message when trying to promote an email from my sent items folder. If replying to an email, I am able to promote the inbound message but not the response. Does Outlook CRM support promotion of outbound emails? Is there any way to tell what is going on here? Thank you in advance. It only supports promotion of inbound mails... "Goodloe White" <ghwhite@pwco.com> wrote in message news:ON49vCHkEHA.2908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I get this message when trying to promote an email from my sent items > folder. If replying to an email, I am able to promote the i...