Trying to change the picture name in VBA is giving me permission error

I have something like this

Sheet1.Shapes(i).Name = "picture" + cstr(i)

But it gives me an permission error (70)

Anyway around this

That should work unless that name already belongs to another shape.  I get a
permission denied error too in that case.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

name changes to linked workbooks
of I have several workbooks that are linked together. I want to save all them with slightly different names (to show different versions) and make sure the individual cells will update with the new names/paths. I've tried it once and the cells did not seem to update. Any advice is welcome. 3putt, (Does that mean you're a single or a double bogey?) Just make sure that all the workbooks are open when any of them are saved under different names. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "3putt" <3putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC631497-0624-486C-8B65-8B578A53...

Error while moving CRM3 to another server
Hi all, Need a help on moving existing CRM3 server to another server. I have a CRM3 (along with SQL2k5) installed on server A and need to move to CRM on server B and SQL database to server C. I followed the following steps but it gives me below error. 1. Took a backup of existing databases (orgname_MSCRM and orgname_METABASE) using following query. a. Alter database dbname set full recovery Modify database dbname to disk =3D =93c:\xx.bak=94 2. Restored above database on server C using below query a. restore database dbname from disk =3D =91c:\xx.bak=92 with move =91orgname_MSCRM=92 to =91c:\p...

How to change default 'Files of Type' to open only .pub files
Is there a setting in the registry or elsewhere so that when I File-Open I only get .pub files & not have it default to Files of Type "All Publisher Files"? It takes a long time for it to find all the files with various extensions. PUB files are all I want. -- T.G. Lambini Create a folder in My Documents, name it Publisher or whatever, Open options in Publisher, general tab, click the publication line, click modify... browse to the folder where you want Publisher documents to go. Drag all your Publisher documents to this folder. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Changing Tab Colors (Globally) In Excel 2007
.......wondering if anyone can tell me a simple way to GLOBALLY change worksheet tab colors in Excel 2007??? The grayscale tab colors are too similar and I would like a way to, by default, have them appear in a pre-selected color. Thanks in advance! jlally@ctmbd.com In XL2003 you r-click, selct all sheets, r-click again, and pick tab color. does this not still work in 2007? Jim Sharky wrote: > ......wondering if anyone can tell me a simple way to GLOBALLY change > worksheet tab colors in Excel 2007??? > > The grayscale tab colors are too similar and I would like a way ...

Everything was running beautifully
Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generator Event ID: 9334 Date: 3/10/2006 Time: 10:27:47 AM User: N/A Computer: HERMES Description: OALGen encountered error 8004010f while initializing the offline address list generation process. No offline address lists have been generated. Please check the event log for more information. - Default Offline Address List For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I ran the OABInteg.exe and got this: Search started. legacyExchangeDN invalid for: ADCDisabledMail legacyExchangeDN invalid for:...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

'The server name you entered can not be found on the network'
I am using OL2003 on an XP Pro machine (CA AV, LAN, Cable Modem, Router but no software Firewall). I occasionally get following the message when trying to send/receive mail from my ISP. 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network "Task _________ - Receiving reported error (0x80040900): The server you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please confirm you are online and that the server name is correct." At least this last time, we were able to ping the isp. What is the problem? Can someone help? Bob Your post indic...

Run time error '340'
hey everyone, i am trying to display this querie in POS. It runs fine the only problem is when i close POS i see an alert "run time error '340' control array element '5' dosent exist can anybody please see the code and tell me what i am doing wrong var sql = "SELECT Item.Description, Item.itemLookupCode FROM Item WHERE Item.Description LIKE '" + description + "%'"; var rs = qsRules.OpenRecordSet(sql, true); while (!rs.EOF) { document.writeln ( rs("Description").value); document.writeln (" "); document.writeln ( rs(...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

range name #2
I have defined a range name for a group of cells. If I add new rows/columns, I want those cells to be included in to the range name automatically. Can you please let me know? Thanks in advance. You should INSERT new rows within the interior rather than tacking data onto the bottom of the list. If you don't want to do that, you must define the range name using a formula like this in the RefersTo box: =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A$1:$A$5000),3) The range will start at A1 and extend down for as many rows as you have data in column A (but no embedded blanks are allows) and 3 columns wide...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Error: Can't Shift Objects off Sheet
Hello: I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the details on all of them, two of them hiccup and I get the "Can't shift objects off sheet" for these two. I have cleared all the outlines and reentered them and am still getting the error. Any ideas? maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Bettergains wrote: > > Hello: > I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the > details on all of t...

Change multiple users e-mail address at one go
Does any one know any script/tool/command in E2k3 on win2k3 where in i can change multiple users primary e-mails address at one go. -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" Have a look at admodify. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D66A7A-B875-45DF-8888-E54D92CD84B2@microsoft.com... > Does an...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Changing Calender Format
I am new to Outlook 2007. The bubbles around the appointments in the the on-screen month version of the day/week/month view consume a lot of space. at the default 8 point font, 3 appointments are the maximun that will show up on within the box for a day. The 2003 format (without bubbles) allowed more appointments to show for the same screen space. Does anyone know how to turn the bubbles off? ...

VLOOKUP use column name not number
Is there a way to use VLOOKUP to search for a column name and return the value in that column, rather search for a column number. -- Thank you, Kathy kathy wrote: > Is there a way to use VLOOKUP to search for a column name and return the > value in that column, rather search for a column number. > Use INDEX/MATCH. Look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html#IndexMatch2 Something like this... =VLOOKUP("this",A:J,MATCH("column_name",A1:J1,0),0) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "kathy" <kathy@discussions.micros...

How do you move UserForm to Right hand side of screen with VBA?
The Userform usually come up in the center of the screen. Given that different users have different resolutions on their screens how do you move the Userform to the right hand side of the screen with it being centered vertically no matter what the user screen resolution is? Thanks Dennis Hi Dennis Try this in the userform module Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.StartUpPosition = 0 Me.Top = (Application.Height / 2) - Me.Height / 2 Me.Left = Application.Width - Me.Width + Application.Left End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <Dennis@NoSpam.com> wrote in ...

wlcomm.exe error
Every time after I login to wlm 2009, I will get the following error and get signed out. Following is the error. Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 1/12/2009 Time: 10:54:38 AM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Faulting application wlcomm.exe, version 14.0.8098.930, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x00035c38. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 6...

copy and paste changes
Scenerio: I'm given 8 separate business card files, each 3.5x2. I want to put them all on one sheet, so I set up a large sheet. I copy card A and paste it. I copy card B and paste it. The name on A changes to B. I go back to A, retype the name, and the name on B changes. I copy card C and paste it. All the names change to C. I can't find any hidden codes or links, and eventually, I have to create new text blocks and retype all the names and titles. Just typing into a "used" text block is not good enough: the other blocks change. Can you tell me what's going on? I'm us...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Excel
Hi all, I need to know how to convert times from AM to PM, for example: 9:53 AM 10:33 AM 10:50 AM change to: 21:53 PM 22:33 PM 22:50 PM (obviously I need to change a number of records at once!) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Mar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mil... Try this. Highlight the column that contains the times (provided that is all tha is in the column). Then go to Edit...Replace. First replace all of you PM with your initials...that is if you are also going to change PM t AM eventually. Next, go to Edit...Replace and replace all of your ...

Column title automatically changes?
I am trying to label a column "ppm" (for parts per million) and as soon as I enter ppm, Excel automatically changes it to "pap". I have formated the cell for text, general, and number, and that does not help. What is going on? Sounds like you've got an entry in your AutoCorrect Options to change "ppm" to "pap". In Excel 2007: Click on the Office Button (Big Circle in upper-left corner) Click the "Excel Options" Button Select the "Proofing Tab" on the left Click the "AutoCorrect Options" Button Check to see if &q...