Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems

we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not
have  checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project)  for macros .
Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are
failing.

can any one hlep me.
0
kasi (3)

This is a setting that each user must change.  So I think you'll have to educate
the users to change this setting before your VB program can run.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> This is a setting that each user must change.  So I think you'll have to educate
> the users to change this setting before your VB program can run.
>
> kasi wrote:
> >
> > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not
> > have  checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project)  for macros .
> > Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are
> > failing.
> >
> > can any one hlep me.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
kasi (3)
10/12/2005 8:31:05 AM
I don't think that this is related to the OS version.

If I recall correctly, xl2002 (OfficeXP) was the first version to have this
option.  I used xl2002 under win98 and I saw that dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
0

and one more doubt
my ppt using template and this ppt is generated by vb exe. This ppt using
some chart objects.but some time these charts are displaced from the actual
template .
Do u have to set any thing to make sure that this should not happen after
exe execution. how do u lock this to move from position to another position.

"kasi" wrote:

> we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not
> have  checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project)  for macros .
> Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are
> failing.
>
> can any one hlep me.
0
kasi (3)
10/13/2005 6:40:02 AM
I think that there is a way to disable that checkbox--but not hide the option
completely with xl2002+.

I don't know enough about powerpoint to help.  I'd ask in a powerpoint
newsgroup.

--

Dave Peterson
0

why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?
i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing displayed. please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it. thank you for your help The following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 bugbug wrote: > i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i > can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing > displayed. > please tell me why i met that mistake ...

Which SIde of Trust to run SFO Client
Login onto a CRM Active Directory domain, whether or not its joined to domain, and I can go OFFLINE without errors in SFO. Login to the non-CRM domain which is part of a trust, it does not. But I can add the CRM users to my non-CRM local admins etc, so its showing the trust is working. Does anyone know if CRM SFO should ONLY be installed on the CRM side of a trust and then authenticate against that in order to open the SFO? Does this mean the trust talked about in CRM is only to access resources on a pre-ACtive Directory network? And thus it will not work in the way described? Many thanks...

Restricted access download
I have some files into a directory, only logged users must be allowed to download them. I have created a page which verify if the user is logged in, but how can I avoid that someone knowing the path of files write the url directly? Thanks. Luciano Luciano (DOC) wrote: > I have some files into a directory, only logged users must be allowed to > download them. > I have created a page which verify if the user is logged in, but how can I > avoid that someone knowing the path of files write the url directly? > Thanks. Don't use the file path in your URL. In...

web accessed spreadsheet
Not sure how to put this, but will try. Is it possible to post data to a spreadsheet on a local machine, but make it accessible from a web page (ID/PW required) and do it in real time to reflect on-going changes? If so, how and what is needed on both ends to make it work? ANY suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, The Old Guy BTW....Using Excel 2000/XP & FrontPage 2003 ...

Dial-up Connection Slows in Windows XP Pro when using Outlook (Send & Receive),
My dial-up connection seems to stop when using Outlook 2002 (Send & Receive) to download emails even though there are a number of messages to be downloaded. When Internet Explorer is used (to go to a web site or refresh), the Outlook data transfer rate improves significantly. Typically, for an email session (downloading about 10 messages), I have to hit the refresh button in Internet Explorer twice or thrice before all the messages are retrieved. I have XP Pro SP1, Dell Latitute C640. Outlook Express from my Desktop (Windows ME) works fine so the problem is probably not with t...

Import query from Access
Can you import queries from Access, with Excel? Right now I'm copying and pasting my querry to Excel, and I was wondering if there's a better way. I believe you can run the query straight from Excel using Data/Get External Data/New Database Query and then select the Access database. Alternatively, you should be able to export the access query into an excel workbook. HTH PC "Kmarie" <Kmarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1C6A6F-E26D-4F9E-82BC-E7C73D483D2D@microsoft.com... > Can you import queries from Access, with Excel? Right now I'm co...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

SBERET.MSI file missing
All of my XP Office apps have been running fine since they were installed years ago, until today. Suddenly and inexplicably...as of today when I try to open Excel or any of my many Excel documents, Windows Installer initiates and starts searching for set up files and then prompts me to insert the Office Xp CD ROM, which I unfortunately cannot find. All my other Office Applications (Word, Outlook, etc.) are still running fine. Windows Installer directed me to a help file which indicates that the SBERET.MSI file is missing - and needed.. I've tried searching in all folders and sub-fo...

Trust Center
Microsoft office excel security notices pop up is displayed when I start Excel 2007 to either "enable macros" or "disable macros" I enabled the 3 of them I go to "Excel Options" -- "Trust Center" -- "Trust Center Settings" The "Trusted Locations", "add new location", "remove" and "modify" are greyed out Trusted Locations was okay two weeks ago when I updated to 2007 and added the location paths to my startup files with macros embedded in them. Where do I change the policy for this re...

reinstall of XP svc pk 2
I recently updated some gear on a XP pro scv pk2 system, ie newer faster CPU and a larger primary HD, I ran into issues from the get. my MB is a GIGAbyte and I seem to remember reading I'm only allowed one IDE Device (Primary HD) So I installed CPU no problems, saw it right away. Installed Larger HD and all kinds of Problems, XP stopped seeing my SATA drives where I had my backups, both external and internal. I wound up having to wipe and start from scratch, with installing The sata drivers and still XP would not see my Sata drivers, so I gave up and went to W7 it saw the SATA...

Make an Access Database out of Excel spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet with 5 tabs; all same info. How do I make a database with a form for entry of info from it? -- ahmebah ...

sending attachment .mdb files by Access
Error message: Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: *.mdb where * is the name of file. I get this message when I try to send a db I am working on to a colleague. The email shows the paperclip icon in my sent box but no attachment is there. I note that Outlook help says that .mdb are level 1 security items and cannot be opened. Is there a work around for this? Jack Hume http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jack Hume&qu...

newsgroup access
Hi, Does anyone know of a way that I can setup a desktop shortcut that will open up the newsreader without having to go through Outlook/view/go to/news ? Cheers Andy To create your own shortcut to OE, create a shortcut with one of the following command lines: "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /newsonly http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/000738.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tip...

Compiling project with mfc42.dll in .Net Studio
Hello folks. Do you know, if I have a possibility to compile my dll's in .Net Studio to be linked with mfc42.dll. Thanks. Best Regards. Evgeni It is not possible. This question comes up about three times a week, I think, and the answer is, if you need mfc42.dll, compile in VS6. MFC42.dll is actually the name of the DLL that was delivered with VS 4.2, but through VS5 and VS6 they were able to maintain backward compatibility, so they kept the name. Note that VS5, and various SP levels of VS6, required the MFC42.dll that was compatible with those releases (the mfc42.dll that came with VS5 w...

Access for everyone without passwords..
currently i have set up a ssrs 2005 and users that view the reports use their domain account. I would like to create one report where anyone in the company can view it. How can I do this? Brian Most domains have a group that includes all users for the domain. Using Reportings Services Roles and security usually gets inherited from the root (home). But you can override that. So just change the security for the specific report to the group that includes all users. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "Brian S." <bsgallatin@community.n...

"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments" ?????
apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email attachments. how can i turn this off? In news:045101c36126$7eab8f90$a601280a@phx.gbl, jz13 <jz13@pacbell.net> typed: > apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open > attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email > attachments. how can i turn this off? Outlook Express does this by default, for any file type which *can* contain a virus. It's not a virus checker, doesn't actually check the attachments, and this doesn't mean...

Project Accouting/PDK/Pay Roll Question.
We have made certain custom changes to PDK in order be able to process in Canadian Payroll the premiums paid to employees for availability or evening, night and week-end shifts. .Boxes have been added at the bottom of the employee time sheets (web based) where they indicate which type of premium to pay and how many hours. When upgrading to Version 9, we would like to stop using these custom fields and use project numbers instead. We would like to create one project called Premiums with 4 costs categories: Availability, Evening, Night, Week-end (creating four projects is also an option...

User has Read-only access
Hello! I'm using SBS 2003. I have a several security groups set up. I have a drive containing many folders whose permissions are set depending on which security group they belong to. I had a folder & group which I recently had to rename. Same user in the group - and nothing in the folder changed (that I know of) except the name. Now my user who needs access can see the folders/files but when he opens them, he only has read only access. I notice when I look at the security of these folders - the group to which he belongs has full access. If I look at the security of the su...

mailbox access
Hello! We have a problem with some users after a Exmerge of their mailbox. Here the result: 80% of mailbox work very well (outlook, Web access, sending mail) 10% of mailbox are not able to reach their mail by using Outlook (error message = you do not have the sufficient permissions to reach your box), but are able to reach their mails by using Web Access??? 10% reach their mails with Outlook, but when they send email, the messages stay in our folder. The whole of these mailbox are on the same server, in different store. The 20% in error are found in store where others mailbox work very we...

Can't open Access
I have Windows Vista. when I try to open Access from a trial version of Office professional, I get an error message: "Windows can't find file C:\Windows\System32\system.mdw" I also tried opening Access from an Office 97 cd with the same error message. I'm desperate to get Access since my project is due now. desperate student consider yourself lucky get a real database, like SQL Server, kid On May 7, 4:35 pm, desperate student <desperate stud...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Windows Vista. when I try to open Access from a trial version of >...

Access 2007 and MDE file Question
I have a Access 2003 MDE file that links to an Access 2003 MDB file. I understood that Access 2007 is not able to work with an MDE file. This is according to Microsoft KB article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178973.aspx However, unbenknownst to me, one of my customers somehow installed Access 2007 on a machine and ran the MDE file with it. I saw it with my own eyes! The application had been working fine for years, but now all the sudden they claim it is "losing" data. First, how come it can even run the MDE file? Second, could the Fact that i...

Excel 2000/Xp vs Excel 2003
Question regarding the drop down selection in Excel between these versions. I have a spreadsheet that was created in Excel XP. I have a drop down selection that users select. It works well in Excel 2000 & XP, it doesn't allow me to select an option when I open it in Excel 2003. Any suggestions?? Thanx...JF -- Ltat42a ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24735 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=478417 Is the dropdown from Da...

File Size Bloat (serious) with Excel-XP ?
Is there a known bloat problem with Excel-XP saving earlier formats ? A friend of mine has been having a problem with serious bloat of an Excel file under XP. After inserting some email links (about 30) into a very small spreadsheet and saving as excel-95 format (which should actually just trash the links) his file size hit 1.5mb. I took his 1.5mb file, saved it to text, imported it and recreated the links in Excel-2000. With the exact same content that he had, I got a file size of under 50K for both excel-2000 format (links preserved) or in excel-95 format (links get trashed). So, s...

Is Access Suitable?
HiIm looking into putting a paper based stock control system (approximately containing 3000 shoes & bags) into a database.I would like to know if Access is the ideal solution. (Will it be able to hold all the data? Will it be able to perform queries quickly?)Thank you for all your help, Louisa Access can hold 3000 records without breaking a sweat, and will perform well-designed queries just fine.If you google a bit, you should find some templates for stock control on the web that may suit your needs-- Kevin Hill3NF Consultinghttp://www.3nf-inc.com/NewsGroups.htmReal-world stuff I run acros...

defaulting to form in access 2007
There was on option in Access 2003 that made it when I opened the database it automatically opened on a particular form. I cannot seem to find that option in 2007. Can you provide some assistance please? Office Button on the upper left. Access Options Button towards the bottom right. Current Database button in the left column. Display Form combo box near the top of the right side. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "tim.hambly" wrote: > There was on option in Access 2003 that made ...