Truncation of content/detail randomly

Hi,

I am working on a VB6 application (using COM PLUS components
extensively), with SQL Server database, that has reports in MS Excel
2003. Most of our reports are working alright but some reports are not
working some times.

When some particular users open some reports, the report opens alright
the first time (say with 100 lines of content). When the same report is
opened again in the second instance, it does not open completely (has
limited content only - say 10 lines only). When we try to close this
report, it gives an error message "The picture is too large and will be
truncated". When the report is opened the third time, it opens correctly
and so on.

We also observed that this happens with excel reports that have a
separate header section in the report.

Not sure why the trunction of content is happening randomly (the first
time a report is opened in an instance it opens correctly. Subsequent
openings are not proper and this is random - some times it works some
times does not).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
oursmp

--
oursmp
oursmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22443

NNTP threading lost when viewing posted content in Public Folders.
L.S. The company I work for has setup a NNTP/Public Folder infrastructure to provide both Outlook as Non-Outlook users with newsgroups. If a Non Outlook user posts a number of messages through a default NNTP client (Outlook Express or Thunderbird) message threading is maintained for all other NNTP clients. If a Outlook users opens the Public Folder in which the news group is stored (NNTP storage location=Public Folder), threading is no longer there. Further investigation showed that: - The standard (NNTP) message header fields "References"and "In-Reply-To" are pres...

combine set of letters randomly
hi, is it possible to combine 8 letters (for example) randomly, i mean to generate different combinations from these 8 letters? please help yob On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:57:40 +0800, "rp" <rp@hotmail.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >is it possible to combine 8 letters (for example) randomly, i mean to >generate different combinations from these 8 letters? please help This has been covered not so long ago in <http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.office.misc/browse_frm/thread/8d6139cc43ce052d/250c38d50a17e0dd>. Note that 8 letters will yield 4...

Tax Details & Schedules Integration
I have tax related data in our company database and I want to write a standalone application to migrate this data to the Great Plains database. I believe the physical tables (Company Information) in GP are: TX00201, TX00101, TX00102. Can I use either eConnect or Integration Manager to do this data migration? Thanks! ...

Deleting contents of folders within store folder
Is it necessary to delete contents of Deleted Items folder to free up disc space , similar to cleaning out dbx files in OE . Thanks If you're sure you don't want that stuff, yes delete it... it is taking up space. Periodically (you can set the frequency) WLM will rewrite the email database reclaiming the hard drive space for you. "Moyas123" <Moyas123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:404187B8-9628-4099-84AB-F4EE1ECA89E0@microsoft.com... > Is it necessary to delete contents of Deleted Items folder to free up disc > space , similar ...

Display random background pics on form loading?
That's a new one to me... I was asked to do this... I put the pics in one directory, tried to mess with On_Load event, Form.picture = "Path", but nothing (do I need UNC path?)... any help with this? "Maarkr" wrote: > That's a new one to me... I was asked to do this... I put the pics in one > directory, tried to mess with On_Load event, Form.picture = "Path", but > nothing (do I need UNC path?)... any help with this? Figured this out... What I did was this... made a table (PicTable) with 2 fields (PicID, PicPath) and put the paths in the pi...

Case Details-:Urgent
Hi I am using CRMIncident.Retrieve Method to retrieve the details about a case. I did not specify the columnsetxml,according to sdk , if you do not specify columnset xml it would retrieve all column, but I am able to retrieve only 5 columns. If anybody has come across such a stituation and has found a solution , please do help Tina ...

Delete all contents of cell but one word
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help? Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do. Regards Hayette Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet or 40 sheets? ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Hayette Hasham" <Hayette Hasham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE4B07F-19CD-4F75-B108-76068AB2574F@microsoft.com... ...

Sharepoint Content Deployment Timeout
Hi, My scheduled content deployment to my publishing site have been running fine all this while. Its publishing from a HTTP site to another HTTP site. However, recently it keep failing with the following error. Wonder anyone have got similar experience. Title Content deployment job 'Deployment Job': Timed Out. Severity: Error Description: The connection to the destination server was lost after the remote import job was started. The import job might still succeed. Content deployment will continue to attempt to reestablish a connection with the destination server. ...

limiting the lines (not record) at details section for printing
Hi there, I would like the report to be limited to 12 lines (not record) per page at report details section (the report details do grow). If the line >12 then ForceNewPage property to start a new page. Appreciated if you can send me a code if it is possible. Thanks in advance! Andy wrote: >I would like the report to be limited to 12 lines (not record) per page at >report details section (the report details do grow). If the line >12 then >ForceNewPage property to start a new page. There is no reasonable way to calculate the number of lines and you can not add a page ...

Excel2003: Axis labels are truncated
I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem as despite throwing a lot of time at it I cannot seem to find a solution. I have a horizontal bar chart with labels against the side axis. The labels are being truncated. Is there a way to force Excel to devote more space to the labels and less to the chart? As I resize the chart it doesn't seem to allow me to devote more space to the labels. At one stage in desparation I considered using a text box to display the labels. However having separate text boxes for each of the 30 different data points on 8 different charts ...

Is cell content a date?
I am trying to use a series of If statements to determine how some rows should be formatted. It is all pretty easy based on dates in a certain column. However, the user often substitutes dates with text. How can I have the code evaluate the contents of a cell to determine if it is a date or not? TIA On 16 Mar 2005 15:39:35 -0800, "papa jonah" <adullam04-excelgoogle@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am trying to use a series of If statements to determine how some rows >should be formatted. >It is all pretty easy based on dates in a certain column. However, the >user often s...

Transferring Outlook details to new PC
I am trying to transfer Outlook details to a new PC. Initially I searched for *.pst files and took the largest and opened it in the new PC (Outlook 2007 on both). I seem to have got most of my inbox there was last weeks 3 weeks ago and what looked like most mails back to 2006, but not 2 weeks ago strangely. The main thing I want is the contacts. I have tried exporting contacts, but none come through. I now have 2 personal folders the original empty one and the large one from my old PC. I have set up the inbox on the personal folder from my old machine as the curremt one. From what I&#...

Retrieving [Setup Checklist] contents
Hi, I'm about to create and setup a new company, so I'd like to create a MS project file based on this screen. At first I thought that SY40600 contained this info, but it comes out in english and my version is in spanish. Any advice? TIA & Regards -- Arturo Medina Best Integration Systems Arturo, This can be a little tricky. The SY40600 contains the resource technical names for each form that must be called, you would probably have to join this table to the SY09400 which contains the Display Name for these resources (join by name as interestingly enough there is no re...

Determining if a file contents has changed
Hello, I was curious how I could determine if a file contents has changed? I am planning on creating a "tail" command like in Unix. The idea is that the tool will print the last contents of a file, and everytime the file has changed, it will continue to print those contents to the screen. Someone suggested FileSystemWatcher, would this be a valid class to use? If so, which library is this class in? I cannot find it. Thanks. "Jon" <TheFakeJon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141716772.845354.290520@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, I was curious how I c...

detailed sales report should show check number
My customer would like to be able to see tender type along with the check number beside check tendered transactions on the detailed sales report. If not allowed here, possibly on the tender types report but they would need to be able to see the transaction number and at least customer account number displayed alongside. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

My Documents Moving failed and my documents all contents lost
Hi I tried move my documents folder to another location. Then its failed. And my all files in my documents folder lost. I ve searched all computer but i cant any file. How can i find lost my document folders Thanks On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Help <H...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I tried move my documents folder to another location. Then its failed. An= d > my all files in my documents folder lost. > I ve searched all computer but i cant any file. How can i find lost my > document folders > > Thanks What were you trying to accomplish by...

Picture behind cell contents
Is it possible in Excel XP to add a picture that'll appear behind the cell contents? If so, how do I do it? I tried just the regular Insert...Picture, but the picture always seems to appear above the cell contents, even if I use the Send To Back option. I also looked at inserting the file as a pattern in a cell (sorta like you'd do in PowerPoint), but Excel doesn't seem to allow you to do that that I could find. Am I just missing something, or is this just not possible in Excel? (Note, in case there's any confusion, I don't want a transparent portion to the imag...

to sync a list sfrm & detail sfrm
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. frmCompanies sfrCompContactDetail sfrCompContactList frm Companies contains both subforms, not nested When the Last Name field of the List sub is double clicked, I would like the record in the Details sub to change to that record. Here's my code: *** Dim lngCurrent As Long Dim strSQL As String lngCurrent = Me.ContactID.Value strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblContacts " strSQL = strSQL & "WHERE tblContacts!ContactID = " & lngCurrent Dim objfrmList As AccessObject Set objfrmList = CurrentProject.AllForms("sfrCompCon...

Default content type in libraries
When I create a document library I can indicate a document template which icon appears in the list of the button new, for ex a word doc. How can I add the excel icon to create either a word or an excel document when I click the new button? Thanks for any help. Myriam In the settings for the library, under Advanced Settings, enable the Allow Management of Content types. You can then add a new content type and use Excel as the document template for your new content. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "MD" <MD@discussi...

Where is the Content.MSO folder?
I am trying to open an Excel document created via xml from an .asp page. I can create and save the file, but when I try to open it I get the following message: "Problems came up in the following areas during load: Worksheet Setting This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errros are listed in: C:\ Documents and Settings\lanette.l.boren\LocalSettings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\F083DF38.log" I've searched my entire hard drive for the log file and cannot find a Content.MSO folder or the log file (and I am searching for hidden files and folders) Help! -- ...

Excel 2002 Display Directory contents Listbox
Hello everyone Is there a way to display a Directories contents s selction that Directory could be passed to a macro to substitut Variables ? Thank you Rober -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel has this built in: Look at application.getopenfilename in vba's help. "mulr1966 <" wrote: > > Hello everyone Is there a way to display a Directories contents so > selction that Directory could be passed to a macro to substitute > Variables ? > > Thank you > Robert > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- D...

random text
I have a list of manufacturers and part numbers. I would like to choose, by manufacturer, 5 random part numbers. Is there a way to do this in excel? I tried using rand and randbetween functions but they are for numbers, while I am using text. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JulieJG wrote: > I have a list of manufacturers and part numbers. I would like to > choose, by manufacturer, 5 random part numbers. Is there a way to do > this in excel? I tried using rand and randbetween functions but they > are for numbers, while I am using text. ...

Invoice Details
I am using Money Small Business 2005. I would like to design an invoice that would include the date a service was provided. The standard templates do not have this capability and I can not figure out how to add this data item to the body of the invoice. My customers want to know when I performed an invoiced service. Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately, this is a very a weak part of money small business. I have become so frustrated with the invoice designer that I have completely discarded the use of the MS Money invoice templates and instead have designed my own templates wit...

how do get the content of a given web page
I want to get the content of a web page. Please help me,and thanks. -- Regards, Miken _____________________________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs/ a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://www.msale.net/blog/ my private life E_mail:liyejun**@gmail.com (Replace the **@ with @ to reply.) Hello Miken, > I want to get the content of a web page. > Please help me,and thanks. Take a look at function URLDownloadToFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Try Internet* prefix api! or look at this Wra...

HOW DO I SHOW VAT CONTENT
trying to set up a spreadsheet and final column must show vat content but can't work it out Assuming you have the total price in D2 then you can use =D2-D2/(1+17.5%) to get the VAT Since we are dealing with money you might want to add ROUND to it =ROUND(D2-D2/(1+17.5%),2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "josudare" <josudare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E5CBBB2-6208-44EA-9ACB-53BE8370603A@microsoft.com... > trying to set up a spreadsheet and final column must show vat content but > can't work it out ...