Truncating #'s

I have a list of numbers that are 5,6,7 digits.  If the
number is 5 digits I want to "cut-off" the first number.
If it is 6.  I actually think I've found the answer using
leftmost or rightmost but would be interested if anyone
else has some suggestions, thx.

DB

truncated message when copy-pasted from webpage into OE
I apologize if similar posts have been made, but I checked the recent entries and did not find any. After copying a passage from some webpage, I pasted it into a new email via Outlook Express and sent it to myself -- the message body is truncated somewhere in the middle. Could someone please help me or point me to previous related posts? Thanks in advance. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgro...

Conditional Truncation of a Cell
I have a list of 500 email addresses in excel. I am trying to figure out how to separate based on condition for example. If I have my.name@website.com, and I want to separate into a separate column all of the website addresses associated with the email address, how would I accomplish that? Likewise separating the name part for those prefixes containing a . or _ between the first and last name. Thx. Sounds like "Data - Text To Columns" is what you want. Look it up in the Help file. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence ...

Truncation of text when using mail merge.
I would appreciate any assistance. The text in my excel spreadsheet is being truncated when perfoming a mail merge into Word. I'm running Office 2003. Is there any way I can maintain all the text when performing mail merge? excel limits how much text is displayed Go to your Excel help menu and enter limits I believe 1024 has been the magic number for years. "Macy" wrote: > I would appreciate any assistance. The text in my excel spreadsheet is being > truncated when perfoming a mail merge into Word. I'm running Office 2003. > Is there any way I can mainta...

The x-axis title is truncated in EXCEL charts 2003.
The x axis title is truncated to at least 2 less letters than I added in the title not matter what the length of title. Ths did not happen in the previous EXCEL versions. How do you correct this? What version? Others have reported same trouble with Y axis title. Just add a few characters and format them to be invisible best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A6234B7-48A4-4C92-B83D-4DE90119DA04@microsoft.com... > The x axis title is truncated to at ...

first character in subject line is truncated
When I send an email using Outlook 2003, the first character in the subject line gets deleted. I am on an HP laptop connected wirelessly to DSL modem router. I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000 and had the same problem using 2000. Email sent from our desktop system using Outlook 2000 and sam DSL modem via ethernet connection does not have this problem. Any idea where I should start looking? VK <VK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email using Outlook 2003, the first character in the > subject line gets deleted. I am on an HP laptop connected wire...

String Item getting truncated in ComboBox
Hi I have a combo box that is not owner draw. I am populating the items in combo box using SendMessage with CB_ADDSTRING. But there is one problem that I am facing. The width of the drop down list of combo box is fixed. If I add string with text length more than the width of combo box, the full string item is not visible. Some part of the string gets truncated. Please suggest me the solution for this problem Thanks in advance -Abhay >I have a combo box that is not owner draw. I am populating the items >in combo box using SendMessage with CB_ADDSTRING. But there is one >problem tha...

Truncating #'s
I have a list of numbers that are 5,6,7 digits. If the number is 5 digits I want to "cut-off" the first number. If it is 6. I actually think I've found the answer using leftmost or rightmost but would be interested if anyone else has some suggestions, thx. D ...

Truncation of Data Validation Input Message
A data validation message is displayed correctly on the machine on which the workbook was developed. When running the workbok on another machine, the last few lines of the data validation message are cut off. I believe this is related to the monitor resolution setting. Is there a way to gauarantee that the complete message will be displayed? I'm thinking of a macro that changes a setting when the workbook is opened, and restoring the setting when it's closed. Thanks for your attention. ...

Excel 2003 Chart Y-label truncated?
All my Excel charts show the y-axis title truncated by about 1 character, usually the ) for the units. It looks like the text box is just not long enough. I have tried a variety of formatting options with no success, except to simply add some blanks and a period (blanks alone don't do it). The problem appears for all my old charts too. But things seems to print correctly, just the screen image is wrong. Thanks, --len According to Jon Peltier, who knows a thing or two about charts <g>, the problems "seems related to monitor type, zoom factor, and day of the week" h...

truncated return message http content from webservice #2
We have started experiencing a fatal problem from two of our servers in the last week. Large return messages from a webservice are getting truncated in the http message content. I have set up a trace extension to log the post-serialization xml on the server, and it is complete (usually a little under 200k). But the SoapScope http traffic sniffer running on the server shows the same message going over the wire with a content-length header showing the intended length of the full message but the actual content of the http being truncated to 94283 bytes. This is always the size it truncates...

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

excel 2007 numbers truncated
I open a new sheet and tried to place a four digit number in the box. the moment I go to another box the number reverts to the first two digits. Can you tell me how to stop that from happening. I need to four digit numbering and haven't been able to set up the proper numbers???? Click the round "Office" Icon at the left upper corner > Excel Options > 'Advanced' > and in the 'Edit options' cancel the selection from 'Add Fixed Decimal Automatically...' Micky "AQUICKPRINT" wrote: > I open a new sheet and tried ...

truncated email if HTML embedded
One of my users only recieves part of an email sent to him and this is from several senders In onc instance the sender was using HTML instead of Outlook Rich text or Plain text....not sure if that makes a difference What is the likely cause of this and how can it be resolved....if anyone knows I would be so grateful for the advise tks ...

No Log Files can be Truncated-Exchange 2003 Backup
Hi all, I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which A o went fine and truncated all the logfiles but on the B information store it said in the event viewer that "No log files can be truncated and all the log files are there. Any ideas what is going on and what can be done. -Aman On Feb 5, 4:04 pm, Andy David {MVP} <ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: > On 5 Feb 2007 15:51:25 -0800, "Barundi" <pan...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Hi all, > > >I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which ...

p.c. office names truncated
i'm using office.v.x still. so, i dont know if this applies to office 2004 or not. but, i can't afford to upgrade just yet. that said, i often receive word files from p.c. users with very long names...often 30 or 40 characters long. the files are part of a project and get longer and longer as the project progresses. often, the only way to tell one file from another late in the project is by the last 4 or 5 characters of the filename. when i save these attachments to my harddrive, usually the names get truncated to something like "SMBAProjectTraningFilesVersionXAM-1412...doc"...

Excel Truncating Leading Spaces when pasting data
Is there a way for Excel to not truncate leading spaces when data from outside of Excel has them. For example, I have a text file where some data has 1 leading zero, and some has 2, etc. I want to preserve that format when pasting to Excel, but they get truncated off. Is there a setting or something I can use to keep them. Excel XP, Office XP, Windows XP Thanks Hi Wayne Format the cells as text before you copy the data -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260001c427dc$0c643a40$a10128...

Trying to truncate or separate the first 3 characters/digits of co
I have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers. I'm trying to extract / truncate / remove the leading 3 digits in each cell. The numbers vary in length, so using the LEFT or RIGHT function doesn't seem to be an option. The numbers represent division / dept. numbers within my company. The leading 3 digits represent the division, which I want to remove / discard. =RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"0"),LEN(TEXT(A1,"0"))-3) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9393C07F-6B74-4CCA-A1EB-E0A1B9622535@microsoft.com...

Truncate a LPCTSTR
Hello everyone, I'm trying to truncate with a certain LPCTSTR string to n position and get another LPCTSTR variable truncated by that n position.... Is it possible? Any hint?... Thanks Ciao Luigi "Luigino" <npuleio@rocketmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:a6584f98-f862-4fb9-a9fd-f2f9542dbd3f@b7g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to truncate with a certain LPCTSTR string to n position and > get another LPCTSTR variable truncated by that n position.... In addition to Scott's correct post, you may want to use CString::Left meth...

Deaktop-image truncated
The background image on my desktop is extending only about a forth of the way across the screen, sitting on the left, with the rest of the screen white. The icons are okay. "Properties," "Desktop," and "Stretch" don't do anything. Any ideas on how to make it fill the whole screen agsain? -- inanna ...

truncating data within a cell for an entire column
Hi, I have a numeric value in a cell that is followed by a space and then three alphanumeric characters e.g., -24 dBm. How can I delete the alphanumeric chracters and preserve the nummeric charaters so that I can apply the average function to the entire column? Thanks, vlapi vlapi wrote: > Hi, > I have a numeric value in a cell that is followed by a space and then three > alphanumeric characters e.g., -24 dBm. How can I delete the alphanumeric > chracters and preserve the nummeric charaters so that I can apply the average > function to the entire column? > Thanks, >...

truncating links
I am trying to update the cell of one sheet from another sheet (separate file). The format happens to be text. If the text string in the master sheet is over a certain length, the slave sheet will truncate the entry. Is there a method of linking cells in the 2 files without risk of data being truncated? ...

Report data truncated on Access 2007
Hi. I have an application in Access 2003 that creates reports dinamically, and asigns font sizes for the data to be print. When I run the application in Access 2007, the font's size for some fields are changed to 11 instead of 8, and hence the data on the reports get truncated. Any ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks. The simplest way is to make a version that only runs in 2007, correcting those controls where the font size goes awry. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alexrs2k" <alexr...

the picture is too large and will be truncated #2
Hi, When i try to select an entire row and push the copy button. I'm getting the following error: "the picture is too large and will be truncated" There are no pictures in the selection!!(?) I work with Excel 2002 on Win xp prof. Somebody has an idea thanxs in advance greets, Van Steenbergen Jan See Jon Peltier's site about this error http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html This is the only KB obout this error This is for 2000 but check it out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318265&Product=xlw2K XL2000: Error Message: The P...

Apostrophe truncates line in reports
I have a GP8 add-in application that uses a stored-procedure to chunk up a note field into 80 character records and strore them in a physical temp table. The report reads from this table and displays the data. This is working fine unless a user has added an apostrophe in their text. If they do, the 80 char line is truncated at the apostrophe and no other data for that line is displayed. The full line IS in the physical temp table, so the sp is loading the data properly. It is only the report display that is truncating the line. Is there a way to prevent this - maybe surrounding the...

msgBox Text Truncating
Hello out there... Hope there is a solid reason for this happening, because I cant figure it out. I have a spreadsheet with a 'msgBox' that I want to use for an "About This Program" message. There are approximately 30 lines of text written into the Sub , but only 18 lines display when the control button is pressed. The rest are truncated. I'm about as much a novice to VB as one can get, so can someone clarify why this might be happening, advise on what I'm doing wrong, and how can I get all the lines of text to display. -- Regards... Hello It seems there defin...