Troubleshoot when exiting Excel.

I am working with MS Office XP 2003. I Use to convert my excel files into Pdf
files using acrobat writter V5.0. I have trouble when I want to exit excel.
Before, it was happening from time to time but now it has become frequent.
What should I do to stop this?
0
Leirbag (1)

Hi
what trouble do you have exactly=?
-error message
- Crash

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Leirbag" <Leirbag@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I am working with MS Office XP 2003. I Use to convert my excel files
into Pdf
> files using acrobat writter V5.0. I have trouble when I want to exit
excel.
> Before, it was happening from time to time but now it has become
frequent.
> What should I do to stop this?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Payables Transaction Inquiry Export to Excel
It would be nice to have an Excel button in the Payables Transaction Inquiry Vendor to just hit a button instead of having to export through the print screen which seems take a lot of time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Excel VBA toggle
I'm trying to make a merge cell toggle in VBA. So far I have: Selection.MergeCells = Not Selection.MergeCells Selection.WrapText = Not Selection.WrapText Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter The Not statement is used for the first two toggle commands, but I don't know how to do the last one (xlCenter). How do I make the toggle for that one so that it goes back to left align? Thanks!! Why not just use Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft? Ed "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:059201c3d530$434a86d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Need Help With Detecting Element Block "Exit"
Hi, all. This should be pretty easy: When parsing my XmlDocument object with a validating reader, what's the proper way to detect when it "exits" an element's block? It's the first time I've needed to toggle a bool when entering and exiting one; I tried to trap the exit with 'case "</block>":', but that doesn't work. FWIW, I have the XML representation of a table, and some of its rows have a nested table. I want to add a parent ID to each nested table. Maybe there's a better way to do this? Oh, I only need a small subset of the ...

Querying Excel tables from Microsoft Query
Apologies if this posts twice. Since my posting hasn't shown up in 5 hours, I'm assuming it got lost. I cannot query a Microsoft Excel workbook with Microsoft Query. The error message I get is "the data source contains no visible tables". But the workbook that I am trying to query contains two named tables. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks. For posterity, here is the fix. If you have a range that has been converted to a table and given a table name, as opposed to simply a named range, Microsoft Query will not recognize it as a database...

Excel Tutorials
Hello, Newbie here. Any advice on which online Excel tutorials are deemed best by those on this NG. Thanks! Bert Morris don't know if these are all still valid, but they have been recommended in the past http://www.internet4classrooms.com/on-line_excel.htm http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/ http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm http://einstein.cs.uri.edu/tutorials/csc101/pc/excel97/excel.html http://www.bized.ac.uk/timeweb/excel.htm -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Bert Morris" <bertmorris@erols.com> ...

Can I use bullets in excel?
Can I use bullets in EXCEL? Hi this is not supported in Excel (as it is in MS Word) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1FDB1196-1948-4896-9032-42A4DFB31E17@microsoft.com... > Can I use bullets in EXCEL? As Frank said, there are no bullets like you have in Excel, but if I want something that looks like a bullet point I put in the character alt-0149 (.) where I need it. Fiona "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FDB1196-1948-4896-9032-42A4DFB31E17@micro...

Excel cannot access..
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...

mail merge from excel to coral draw
dear as we mail merge in word from excel, can we mail merge in coral draw from excel, My data is in excel. pls help, its urgent I would start by looking in the help section of Corel Draw. Look for terms like import or merge Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:49:01 -0800, hitesh <hitesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >dear > >as we mail merge in word from excel, >can we mail merge in coral draw from excel, >My data is in excel. > >pls help, its urgent pls not understand. "Gord Dibben" wrote: ...

extract info FROM word INTO excel
how can I take information FROM ms-word documents INTO excel? thanks - cathal... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can copy text from Word, and paste it into Excel. If you're trying to do something more complicated, you'll need to provide some details. cathal wrote: > how can I take information FROM ms-word documents INTO excel? thanks - > ...

Troubleshoot
I am find an error in this statement, and the error shown is "Application defined error or object defined error" ActiveSheet.Range(Chr(r + 64 + 0) & c).Formula = "=index(" & Chr(11 + 64) & "2:" & Chr(11 + 64) & (max_date) & ",match(" & Chr(1 + 64) & r & ",L2:L" & max_row & "))" The above statement basically used to match the data from one column with any column, corresponding to the indexed column. used for matching dates and times Could any one please solve this First, you can use oth...

How to prevent user from printing in Excel?
Hi, Can anyone teach me how to prevent other users from printing in Microsoft Excel and in Microsoft Word? So far, I know Adobe Acrobat only can do this. Thank you! Good morning C Wayne There is no standard way of doing this in Word or Excel, although you could use VBA to disable the print menu item on Excel opening - which I wouldn't advise to a novice - and restoring upon closing. I can supply the code if you wish, but personally would advise against it. As an aside, you can prevent users from printing from Acrobat, but it's not that hard to circumvent to an experienced user....

Excel on the Internet
I have created a work sheet and published it as an interactive web page using Excel 2000. When I open it in a web browser, everything works but it does not fit the screen. What needs to be done so I can have a full screen view? ...

Problem exporting data to Excel using Access VBA 04-07-10
My code works fine on PCs using Windows XP. This problem only occurs on a Windows 7 PC. It worked OK when I first started using my Windows 7 PC, for a while it worked spasmodically – I could get it to work again by doing a compact and repair on the mdb and rebooting. Now it hasgotten to the place where it does not work at all. Also, I make sure the code is compiled and saved. The problem occurs on this line of code: .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False 'error 1004 on this line Excel has opened, and I get a dialog box entitled “Please enter MSJet OLE DB Initialization Informatio...

improved chart in Excel
Good day, I am looking for a way to create bar charts in Excel where the width of the bar can be varied according to a variable. For example the Y axis would show Exports Per Capita for a number of cvountries, the X axis would give the Population of each country shown. Thus the area of each bar (or column) would give total Exports. Any tips would be appreciated. Bonsour=C2=AE Dion avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez :=20 > Good day, I am looking for a way to create bar charts in Excel where > the width of the bar can be varied according to a variable. >=20 > For example ...

Excel search function #3
Hi All, Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in cell. Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero digit in the string of A1. Thanks, Thyag. Thyag wrote: > Hi All, > Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in > cell. > > Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero > digit in the string of A1. There are 5 non-zero digits in your example. Using your example, what would be the result? -- Jordon No need to post in more than one ...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

Encrypting Sensitive Data in Excel
How can I encrypt sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, in an Excel worksheet? ...

how to create an excel template
I am having problems trying to create an excel template. I took a xlt file. and put it in the dir C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 However I do not see it ever showing up in the file>new>on my computer is there something special you have to do? thanks Some different computers and versions have slightly different locations. Let XL automatically place it in the proper location for you by simply clicking: <File> <Save As> And, at the bottom of the window, expand the "Save As Type" box, and click on "Template (*.xlt)" Then <Save>...

Can I open an OpenOffice .sxc file with excel?
Someone sent me a spreadsheet created in OpenOffice with the .sxc file extension. How can I open the file in Excel 2003. It does not recognize the file. Ask them to resave it as .xls or get your own copy of OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD target 107 wrote: > > Someone sent me a spreadsheet created in OpenOffice with the .sxc file > extension. How can I open the file in Excel 2003. It does not recognize the > file. -- Dave Peterson Microsoft Excel does not and probably never will open (or save in) OpenOffice.org (.sxc and .stc), OpenD...

Troubleshoot
Can someone help me with the following statement: =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. Thanks, Roy Try =AVERAGEIF(Range, ">" & NOW()-INT(NOW()) , Sum Range) "rwtrader" wrote: > Can someone help me with the following statement: > =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") > It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. > Thanks, Roy...

Excel application corrupted?
I had some odd problems surface in Excel 97 (running on Win 98) at about the same time I had problems in IE 6. "Repair IE" fixed the IE problems (status bar and toolbars wouldn't show -- it was as if you were stuck in pop-up ads the entire time), but I can't seem to find any similar tool for Excel. The Excel problems are: 1. Application window covers task bar -- task bar is still there if you alt-tab to any other open app 2. App window has no title bar -- and consequently, the only way to dismiss app is through File menu. I tried Office update on MS site, only to fi...

Option Buttons in Excel
Setup of option buttons (group of 5 buttons in Excel form) to add value of 1 to linked datasheet. Hi and your exact question is? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Evstrom wrote: > Setup of option buttons (group of 5 buttons in Excel form) to add > value of 1 to linked datasheet. ...

Excel always in bold
When I do entries on the excel spreadsheet in Gill Sans its looks ok ie Gill Sans font size 10 normal but when I print it always comes out in bold even though the bold is not highlighted. any suggestions please? Check to see which Gill Sans font you chose. There are four choices two which have bold as part of the font. "Scarlett50" wrote: > When I do entries on the excel spreadsheet in Gill Sans its looks ok ie Gill > Sans font size 10 normal but when I print it always comes out in bold even > though the bold is not highlighted. any suggestions please? ...

Date format in Excel
I have a large spred sheet in which all dates are formated in the US way mm. dd.yyyy how can I change this to the UK way dd.mm.yyyy, I have experimented with the normal date formatting but this mixes up days and months. -- All the best Ken You need to truly define what your data is. Do you have text that look like the US format, or is it a true date simply formatted US style? If the latter, you can change the formatting of the cells (custom formatting dd.mm.yyyy). If the former: =DATE(--RIGHT(A2,4),--LEFT(A2,2),--MID(A2,4,2)) This will convert the text into a true serial ...

Need Troubleshooting Tips
On SBS2003 w/Exchange, I have a user that has intermitent delivery failures. In most cases, there is no notification that that the email was not delivered. Here is an example: user A will log into OWA to send an email to an internal user B. To user A it looks as if the email has been sent, and a copy shows up in their Sent Items folder. User B does not recieve the email. This happens with both internal and external users, but sporadically. When I went to test it, it was working ok. This is only happening with one user. He has Outlook 2003 configured with 2 mail accounts, Excha...