Transparent Chart Data Series

Dear all,

I'm having problems formatting an area chart that I have created. Give
that there are two series of data on teh chart and a times one dip
behind the other, I want to make one of my series' transparent
However, whn I go to the fill effects option of the format data serie
menu, transparency is not an option that is available - it is al
"greyed out".

Anyone got any ideas why this is, and how I can make it an activ
option?

Thanks,

Stev

--
stevepai
stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2175

View / update data on a Continous form
Good Morning! I have a table that contains Goal numbers for our agents. I want the operator to be able to open this form and see all agents on the table (only about 12 or so) and what all their numbers are as they are stored and be able to update them to a new monthly goal. I have not been able to get the data to display let alone to be updated. Can I do this? This is the first time I have tried to use Continous Forms. Thank you in advance for your assistance! The only reasons data doesn't display using default Access forms is: 1. There is no connected recordsource (op...

Scatter chart displays as line chart
I'm trying to connect point on a (background graphic) circle with lines (using Excel 2000). I have generated the X-cordinates for all ends of lines in one column and, in each of the following columns, I have the Y-cordinates for one line, two values next to each other; in the same rows as their X-coordinates. All other cells are empty. This works in smaller scale but when I have 250 lines, the X-values are replaced with rising numbers, i.e. I get a line graphic. Is there any way to make the scatter graphic work in large scale figures? Thanks Hi, Have you used the xy-scatter type ...

push rather than pull cell data.
Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time cell data is changed. Thanks for any help with this. Maybe you could use a macro. "BINZA@" wrote: > > Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same > excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time > cell data is changed. > > Thanks for any help with this. -- Dave Peterson sheets("sourcesht").range("a2:a22").copy sheets("d...

Autoupdate Charts
Good Evening All, I am hoping that someone here will be able to help me out of a niggling problem I have searched Google, but found no solution to my niggle. I have created a Auto Updated LINE Chart, using named ranges utilizing the OFFSET function, to look at a selected set of data, - eg below: A B Month Value 01 100 02 150 03 200 04 150 05 250 etc,etc... This works fine, as the chart updates as dates/values are added/changed/deleted. However, the snag ...

chart margins
How do I reduce the margins around a chart? Select the plot area, then stretch it using the little black handles on its corners and edges. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "DSF" <DSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851143DC-404A-4732-84CE-34CDE95FB305@microsoft.com... > How do I reduce the margins around a chart? ...

Data Validation #33
I'm trying to use excel for use in a golf draft. What I want to do i use data validation to form a drop down list where people pick thie golfers. You have to pick four different golfers out of a group o eight. But what I want to do is not have the golfers already picke show up on the list of the 2nd ,3rd and 4th golfers. So if you pic Tiger Woods first he does not show up again on the list when you mak your second pick, and so on. Does anyone have any solutions. thank very much. jory Dimon -- riderfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- riderfan&...

Increase size of Legend Key in Pie Charts
Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the size of legend keys (the colour blocks) in charts (am presently working on pie charts...)??? I'd prefer not to increase the size of the font... Thanks in advance :-) Unfortunately, the size of the legend keys is tied to the font size. You can change the color, but there is not a way to change just the size of the legend key. "Mark" wrote: > > Hi, > > Does anyone know how to increase the size of legend keys (the colour blocks) > in charts (am presently working on pie charts...)??? > > I'd prefer not t...

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

How do I create a pie of pie chart?
I have the following data: a 66% b 33% and b1 42% b2 35% b3 8% b4 15% how do I get a pie showing 66% and 33% and a sub pie connected to the 33% showing the other 4 amounts? The chart wizard is driving me round the bend! It keeps adding a 7th slice called "series 1 point other" aaaargh!!! Help! With the following data in cells A1:B5 -- A B 1 a 66% 2 b1 42% 3 b2 35% 4 b3 8% 5 b4 15% Enter the following in cells D1:E5 -- a =B1 b1 =(1-$B$1)*B2 b2 =(1-$B$1)*B3 b3 =(1-$B$1)*B4 b4 =(1-$B$1)*B5 Select a cell in the range D1:E5, and use the Chart W...

transparencies are printing opaque instead of transparent
All shadows and pictures set on color transparent, transparent gradient, or a certain percentage transparent, are printing opaque instead of transparent. It shows up transparent on the file when I set it, but shows opaque in the print preview mode, and then prints opaque as well. ...

Merging Data into Word and Want Checkboxes (Yes/No data type)
I am trying to merge data from my access database into word. I have several items that are checkboxes in access. How do i get those checkboxes to merge into word so that i see them. Right now they just produce numbers if they are checked or not. Thanks I'm not sure you can do with with a straight mail merge. The following is a snippet of code from one of my applications. The app relies on documents that have already been bookmarked with simple bookmarks (for fields longer than 255 characters), checkboxes (for y/n fields), and textboxes for everything else. The merging is d...

Updating charts in Excel
For some reason, my charts no longer seem to update when the source data itself is updated. The source data cells are actually formulas themselves, but they are updating with the new information just fine. It's very strange that the table the values are drawn from have changed and are current but the chart itself still shows old numbers. The only way I can fix it is to right click, select source data, then re-enter the source data cells. (Actually I change one cell and then change it back and it updates.) Does anyone have any idea why my workbook is no longer updating cells? By...

same data multiple worksheets
I need to be able to have agencies type in a Consumer name and Agency name, and have the data automatically fill in on the next page of the worksheet same place for both. Please help, and explain so I can understand, I am not an expert in Excel, or computer talk... ...

"Record too large" error in Access 2000 when exporting data
Help please! We have been sent the results of some market research in an Access file, that we need to export into dBase IV structures for distribution. Problem no 1 is that the author (who completed the work and went on vacation) used Access field names longer than the 10 characters suitable for dBase. We have renamed the 144 fields so that we have unique names for each. We have reduced the length of the (2) fields that were 255 characters long to 254 so they are compatible with dBase. When we export to a dBase structure we get the error message "Record too large" - we cann...

Ambitious Gantt chart
Hiya, I am creating a Gantt chart in Excel to show the tasks in an aircraft turnaround: The timeline is from 18:00 when the aircraft stops at the terminal gate to 20:30 when the plane pushes back from the gate (and heads to the runway). All of the tasks in the Gantt chart are the various processes involved on the turnaround, for example cleaning, security check, fuelling, etc. So far this is very doable using techniques offered by Jon Peltier and many other sources. However, there are two things I'd like to add that I just can't get my head around: 1. I'd like to capture...

Functions in charts
Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. Any ideas? On Mar 15, 5:17 pm, "Matt" <MLThorn...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the > chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the > chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. > Any ideas? Yes it is. Full instructions are at <a href="http:// office.microsoft.com/en-gb/e...

How to add a Vertical Line to a Column or Line Chart with two axes already in use?
Hi All, I need to add a vertical line to a column / line chart combo where the secondary axis is already in use. I have ready through John Peltier's site (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html) and specifically the two options he has under the 'Special Effects and Features' section for adding vertical lines to a chart, but both require the use of a secondary axis which is then hidden. That is not an option for me as I am already using that secondary axis. I am currently using a line object drawn over the top of the chart object and manually positioned on the cha...

Transparent bitmap in dialog box
Hi! I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resource editor to specify the bitmap. How can I make the bitmap transparent? For example; all white areas should have the same color as the dialog window. Regards /Anders I remember seeing examples on how to do this but for the life of me I now cannot find them! Try looking at: www.codeproject.com www.codeguru.com Larry "Anders W�hlin" <anders.wahlin@erv.ericsson.se> wrote in message news:bi2div$25b$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi! > > I want to display a bitmap in a dialog box. I use the resou...

Flow chart for finding Word '07 Help?
I have used Word forever. Years ago a simple search for key words would usually give the info I would need. Now finding quick, easy answers seems to be a complicated maze. Usually I choose ONLINE help and type in a KEYWORD for my search. Unfortunately the list of help topics that is usually displayed contains so many offbeat (unrelated) topics that the search is not helpful. I need ways to narrow my search or tricks to use in identifying what to enter in the search field. If the most USEFUL items were displayed FIRST in the search results it would be good, but there seems t...

Create Data
Hello all, I know i'm not in the good forum...but please read the following. I hope you are doing great so as you can see I am new to this, and I hope that Andrew Karcher is reading... So from my first post I tried to insert a Category into AdventureWorks with the help of Andrew..it works, so I can see the new Category on the "dropdown menu". Now as Andrew said...sales for that ProductCategory so no data will be returned unless you create that data and he is right. What I did is from the Dataset Parameters,I insert the Category in available value the one that I wan...

Project sample data in TWO
I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete. I have tried all of the techknowledges on GP knowledgebase. It keeps stopping in different places.I have had to uninstall and reinstall many times. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this accomplished? Thanks Gina This macro has not run without error since version 60. >-----Original Message----- >I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get >the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete. I >have tried all of the techknow...

Chart name
Here is an easy one, I guess, for those who know the answer: Charts on a worksheet are named Chart1, Chart2, etc. as they ar created, and this is the name you must refer to when manupulating the in VBA. Is it possible to look up the name of a chart, and if affirmative is i possible to change it? NS -- ns ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55725 Hi, Hold the Shift key whilst selecting the chartobje...

DATA VALIDATION #48
I have a field asking for a county name. There are 77 possible counties to enter. I want to ensure that the user enters a valid county and has it spelt correctly. Is there a way to do this? Can I have the validation point to text file with all the acceptable entries? Also is there a way to format the cell to convert anything entered into all upper case? In a convenient empty column in the workbook, preferably out of site eg a hiddeen worksheet, enter all 77 County names (laborious I know). Name this range 'county' or whatever and in your input field go Data Validation, choo...

Chart scale & paper size
Hi, I want to covert few thousands’ data into a chart & print it on the paper which dimension is 8.5 inch X 60 inches. A error message pop up before printing , error message: “ cannot print chart with current scale & paper size. Select large scale percentage or a smaller paper size” How can I increase the scale percentage of the chart to match the paper size? Thanks & Regards ...

animate by series an Excel chart that's paste-linked into Powerpo.
Does anyone know how to animate by series an Excel chart that's paste-linked into Powerpoint? For some strange reason it cannot be done. However, if you just paste it, you can animate the chart series by series. My workaround is to paste both a linked and an unlinked version. The linked version is positioned off the visible area and only there as a reminder of the actual source. The unlinked version is animated but never used for updates. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In art...