Translate any english number into English word

I am a beginner. it may be a silly question.

In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in
another cell as "Nine".

How it will be possible?

SANTANU

Hi,
See here

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360
        'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel'

"SANTANU" wrote:

> I am a beginner. it may be a silly question.
>
> In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in
> another cell as "Nine".
>
> How it will be possible?
>
> SANTANU
Hi,

There are numerous bits of code available to do this but I like this Addin.
The addin is called Morefunc and as well as the function NBTEXT to convert a
number to words there are many other very useful functions.

http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/

--
Mike

question.

"SANTANU" wrote:

> I am a beginner. it may be a silly question.
>
> In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in
> another cell as "Nine".
>
> How it will be possible?
>
> SANTANU

phone numbers
Sorry I am being a bit thick but I cannot convert my phone numbers to dialable numbers ie I cannot get the cell to show leading zeros eg 0044 #### ####. I can format the cells if I go to English (US) but that of course is no good to me in the UK! Help! You can either format the cells as text before you enter the number, or prefix the number with a ' , like '00855419871. The ' will display on the formula bar but not in the cell, Regards, Alan. "Tony R" <Tony R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF9DCA0-66AC-4B3C-AC42-1E462B5385DC@microsoft.com.....

Why Not Publisher to MS Word? WHy is this impossible?
I'm trying to create essentially screen mockups and I need to put them in an MS Word 2003 document. I assumed that if I started with a blank web page in Publisher 2003, this would be a piece of cake. Surely MS's products would interoperate that way. I was wrong. If I try to save as a Word 2003 document, I'm warned that only text will show up. If I save it as a JPEG and insert it into a Word doc, it shows up super-tiny and I can't make it bigger If I save it as a PNG file, I get much the same. I can make it a little larger but it is still not right. I...

DTD translation to Schema
Hello, I need to write a DTD to XML Schema translator in C#. Is there some source code available I can start from? It does not have to be C#, it can be C, C++ or Java. Thanks Yorg YorgZero wrote: > I need to write a DTD to XML Schema translator in C#. Is there some source > code available I can start from? It does not have to be C#, it can be C, C++ > or Java. There is a perl script at W3C site that does the job - http://www.w3.org/2000/04/schema_hack/ Also in .NET you can make use of Chris Lovett's Dtd2Xsd tool - http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details....

Show week number in current month
Hi, In cell A1 I have a "=today()" to show todays date in dd/mm/yy format, in cell B1, I would like to have have a number to represent the week number in the current month. So the 2/12/05 would show in B1 as "1" while 30/12/05 would show as "5". Using "=weeknum(A1)" gives me the week number against the whole year (ie - 53) for todays date. How can get B1 to show only 1 to 5 for the weeks in the current month only? -- DKerr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

Question about Word 07
Hi All, I have Office 2007 loaded on a XP op system, when using the Word 07 program I noticed in any document I bring up I cant make a "Center Text Alignment". The right and left buttons work fine, but the center text alignment button is always light gray and will not function. What's up with that, anyone know? Thank for the help, Tim -- ���`�.�. , . .���`�..><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�>�. ><)))%>���`�.�. , . .���`�.. ><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.co...

Detail Numbering
I would like to number the detail records in my report. I would supply a starting seed value via an input box. I know this sounds strange, it is for a check numbering report. Thanks for any help. Kurt One option 1. Create a text box in the report detail to display the counter 2. In the report decleation declare a variable Option Compare Database Dim StartNumber As Long 3. In the Report Header OnPrint event write the code ' To get the user input StartNumber = InputBox("please select a number") Me.FieldName = Null 4. In the Detail section OnPrint event where the text b...

changing "numbers formatted as labels" into numbers
i have an excel spreadsheet that contains about 2000 rows of data. on of the columns is a 17 digit number that acts like a label, (I canno format the number. I think the data was converted from a database fil into excel. when I received the spreadsheet, the numbers were formate as labels. how can I get Excel to see this column as numbers and no labels? thank you for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't if they are 17 digits, or rather excel will truncate everything after 15 digits. You would need to use text representation of numbers like that -- ...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number
I am looking for an Excel code that will automaitically convert a hexadecimal number in a cell (like 0X00 0X0f 0X7b 0Xa1 0x39) into int decimal and put the result in another cell without changing th original hex number. Any help is appreciated -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27285 one way: =HEX2DEC(MID(A1,3,255)) HEX2DEC() is part of the Analysis Toolpack Addin (Tools/Add-ins...) Not...

Require PO numbers for select customers
In my business, I sell retail to the public, as well as wholesale to other companies. Some of my wholesale clients use PO numbers to track their purchases. It would be nice to have a customer option to require a PO with each purchase without requiring it from everyone. For now, I add the PO in the Details, but this method is unreliable because my employees don't know which customers use POs and which don't. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Changing office v.X serial number
Hi, I have a copy of Office v.X for Mac and had it installed on my computer. I recently purchased a new iMac and wanted to install this software onto the second Mac, but because they are connected to the same network then it comes up with the error that the serial number is already in use on the network, and shuts down. So, i have purchased another license to try and install with. So, i had deleted the install of Office and tried to reinstall with the new number. The problem is it didnt ask for the new number, it took the old one again. Now, im not so much a Macintosh person, i have us...

Array Function to do a Sum of VLookUps that translate a letter gra
Suppose I have letter grade data in a range of cells, B12:D12 as follows A-, B-, B+/A- I have another range of cells, named GradeList that gives numerical equivalents for each of these letter grades. I want a function that will look up each of these grades in the table, and return their sum, average etc. I tried the following as an array formula: {=SUM(VLOOKUP(B12:D12,GradeList,2,FALSE))} And it didn't work; looks like it just returns the value of the lookup of B12. Actually, I want this formula to sum the highest N grade values; I know how to use an array formula to ...

Keeping a SUM filed clear Until All Numbers Entered
I am using Excel 97.I have created a simple time sheet to record total time spent on a project by day. I have a column of numbers for the parts of the project which I want to have totaled up at the end of the listing. I have a problem in that total shows ####. _Example: _/Desired/_ _ Arrive 8:00 am Leave 3:00 pm Total 7:00 Total - Leave minus Arrive /What I get/ Arrive 8:00 am Leave blank Total #### Total - Leave minus Arrive I would like to have the Total filed blank until I have entered ...

Replace Number with Text using Macro
I need help replacing a number with text using a Macro. For example: I need to replace numbers in Column B with text Replace 212 with "Sike Branch Manager" Replace 154 with "So County Manager" Replace 188 with "Bridge Manager" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sub ReplaceEm() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLAstRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow WIth Cells(i,"A"). Select Case Value Case 212 : .Value = "Sike Branch Manager" Case 15...

Returns Mgmt Do Not Require Invoice Item Number for RMA Types.
Do not require invoice item number (or at least make it clear it is required on the screen). We want to enable zero dollar invoices for even exchanges, but don't want to create a bunch of zero dollar invoices for nothing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

Number Formats
I use excel at work to calculate varying lengths of reinforcing, and I was wanting to format cells to reconize that for example 21.354 = 21'-4 1/4" but I am having a difficult time getting it to work correctly. Can you please provide me any assistance you can with this problem, before I pull my hair out. Thanks for any assistance you can provide... Tim, with 2.354 in A2, put the following formula in A3 - =INT(A2)&"' "&TEXT((A2-INT(A2))*12,"# ?/?")&"""" regards, JohnI "Tim Bentley" <timothybentley@zande.c...

Inventory Adjustment with Lot Number
How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it should say zero. I tried doing an inventory adjustment and I had to create a new lot number. It posted through ok, but when I check the Stock Status report, the item is still there showing 167. I'm stumped. bump "Shelleyb57" wrote: > How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot > numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it > should say zero. I tried doing an invent...

Category axis for negative numbers
I have created a column graph that consists of all negative numbers. How do I get the category axis above the 0 mark. Since all the numbers are negative, the category descriptions are appearing in the upper middle of the graph and not outside the graph. Andrea - Double click on the axis, click on the Patterns tab. Select the High or Low option for Category Labels (bottom right of the dialog). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Andrea wrote: > I have created a column graph that consists of all &g...

Error Number:0X80040114
Hi, I am having problem removing messages from outbox. The message will send out everytime I click on 'send and receive', but they remain in the outbox. I can't move them or delete them. I get the following message: The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message. (Account:'Server', SMTP Server: 'email server name', Error Number:0X80040114). I have no problem receiving messages and I have tried both IMAP and POP accounts. I also tried the following: 1.scanpst to repair local pst, no errors 2.create a different profile and import email from ...

numbering #2
Using Pub. 2000. I want to set a listing of calender dates vertically. 1/tab/topic/enter, 8/tab/topic/enter and so on in a vertical flush left format. The number tool tab keeps popping up and wants to put in the next number in sequence, as 1, 2, 3, 4, I want to use different numbered dates when I go to a next line. How do I stop this from happening constantly. Thanks for your help. Tools, AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat as you type tab... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harvey" <anonymous@dis...

Pivot table: Counting/Labeling row numbers
How can I get each row number to be labeled within the pivot table...and also show a total row count along with the "grand total"? Example: 1, Apple, $3 2, Orange, $4 3, Banana, $1 Grand Total, 3 (rows/items), $8 Thanks... You could insert a column to the left of the pivot table, and calculate the count there. For example, in cell A5: =IF(B5="","",IF(B5="Grand Total",MAX(A$4:A4),IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",B5)),"",MAX(A$4:A4)+1))) Copy the formula down as far as required to accommodate the longest configuration of the pivot t...

cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document (OS X, Office 2004)
I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a fresh Office 2004 into it. However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document, which I use a lot. First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the error mess to english here) If I start Powerpoint manually and then doubleclick again on the ppt-object in Word it also fails, but then the mess is something like "cannot edit PowerPoint.Slide.8" Somebody said that there could be a clash between some fre...

Translation Help
"procedure entry point LdrLockLoaderLock could not be located in the dynamiclink library NTDLL.DLL&#8207;" I'm getting this erroe w/ Office XP, Outlook And Excell. I found the resolation on Microsoft KB http://www.microsoft.com/israel/support/kb/faq.aspx? s=47&c=6&n=1 But the only place I can find it is in Israel. I can't find any Arabic to english translation ...

Previewing graphics problem in Word 2004 (when trying to select)
I have found pictures off of Google Images for my 1st grade students to use. When we do Insert > Picture > from File and click on the various (jpeg/tiff) files, the next column should display the picture but displays only the same generic picture for each. I did try to see if it was working by clicking some of the pictures that came with Word and they were displayed for preview correct, but not the pictures I found or the photos I have taken, etc. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. Thanks! (Note: It was suggested I post this message a 2nd time in a more "Mac" specifi...

Automated transaction grouping and numbering
I have been asked to help a co-worker automate a data review task. I am working in Access 2003. We have a query output in Excel (from our mainframe) that lists employees with the following fields: SSN, EmplName, ActionCd, ActionEffDt Action codes (ActionCd) include Hire, Term and Rehire. The objective is to identify employees who rehired within 365 days of their termination. We have some people who have termed and been rehired up to 5 or 6 times (seasonal workers, perhaps?) Here's how I am currently calculating. I assigned all "Hire" Action Codes a TxNo of "1". I sor...