Transforming Table into Matrix

Hi there,

I hope you can help me.

_*DATA_I_HAVE:*_
*Table * of *3 columns*:
-column 1-: up to 60.000 terms
-column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus
different order
(column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation)
-column 3-: weighting of connotation

_*AIM:*_
In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations)
need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*,
- having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on
representing column 2
and
- filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th
connotation(s)

_*QUESTION:*_
Is there a possibility to handle this with Excel or another tool? I
yes, how?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Pete

--
ewalde
ewaldep's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2856

How to XslTransform.Transform to new web page from code behind?
I'm working with a typed dataset and want to implement a print button that prints my formatted data without the company logo and other stuff on the form. I've created an XSLT file to transform the XML version of the dataset into HTML and would like to display it in a new browser window leaving the original window up and/or maybe even just send it out to the default printer or bring up the print dialog for printing out the web page. I have successfully saved the html file, but I'm not sure how to send to a new browser window instead of a file. Please help, code below: XmlData...

Pivot Table in Excel 2007
I have a column that has been formatted as an integer, no decimal. When I create a pivot table this column shows up as currency format. Is there something I should do BEFORE starting to create a pivot table?? OMEd Just format the Pivot Table. Put your cursor in the pivot table field and click the Field Settings button on the toolbar. Click the Format button... -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "OldManEd" wrote: > I have a column that has been formatted as an integer, no decimal. When I > create a pivot table this column shows up as currency format. Is there > somethi...

Pivot Table Charts
Hi, Excel2000 I have a simple pivot table, which changes in size hen data i refreshed. I want to create a bar graph which uses the info from it but Excel automatically puts "drop-fields" into it with drop downs etc wheras i dont want the user to be able to choose their fields. How ca i creat a graph based on a pivot without having "drop-fields" in th actual graph???? Help! Many Thanks. J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field buttons jjj < wrote: > Excel2000 > I have a sim...

VBA code to hide all the tables on form open
I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis. I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro? If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks. Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the datab...

Pivot Table
I'm building out some financial reports where the titles change every month - consequently changes my calculated field refrences. The sequence or position of the fields doesn't change & the ideal solution for me would be to reference the pivot fields with an index number. I've made several attempts and done quite a bit of searching with no luck. Working with Excel 2007. My code is below and the code that doesn't work is inside the With block. Basically, I'm creating the Pivot Table using VBA - inside the with block not displayed I'm adding Page Fi...

Should forms be created based on tables or queries, or does it mat
Title prettly much says it all. Is it better to create forms based on table or queries? Or, is there any real difference? If so, are there any benefits with one or the other? I'm fairly new at this and was just wondering what the logic or path of thought I should be using to create my database. Thanks in advance. I always base my forms on queries. The benefit is that you can control the order in which the records are presented by using an appropriate ORDER BY clause in the query. In addition, if not all of the fields (or not all the rows) are required for the specifi...

tables
Can I lock a table in place with respect to the text before and after? When inserting more text the table does not move with the text. From what I understand you are saying, I would say no. -- ...

Linking To Tables on SQL Server
I am using ODBC to link to tables on an SQL server. I am not able to link to all tables - I receive an "invalid argument" error message. The tables I am able to link to show "#deleted" in each field. I tried using "Alt F9 to refresh the data, but this did not work. The only way I can see the data is to import the tables. However, one table alone has over 2 million records!! Is there another application other than Access I should be using to access this data? -- All help greatly appreciated. Deb wrote: > I am using ODBC to link to tables on an SQL serve...

transform data in excel
I need to transform data in an excel srpeadsheet. I need to reverse a 5 rows, 200 columns table into a 5 columns, 200 rows table. Much appreciated!Vincent Hi Vincent Copy the set of data. Got to your destination and choose Paste Special and click the box marked Transpose. -- Regards Roger Govier "Vincent Yang" <vyang69@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MVORb.1866$px6.279@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > I need to transform data in an excel srpeadsheet. I need to reverse a > 5 rows, 200 columns table into a 5 columns, 200 rows table. > > Much appreciated!Vincent >...

Calculation function in table won't add correctly

Pivot table using External data
Hi I am generating a pivot table using the following query SELECT `'1100 REG$'`.`Ap/ArID`, `'1100 REG$'`.Amount FROM `F:\Finance\Income Reconciliation\2004-05\GL transactions 0405`.`'1100 REG$'` `'1100 REG$'` UNION SELECT `'1157 REG$'`.`Ap/ArID`, `'1157 REG$'`.Amount FROM `F:\Finance\Income Reconciliation\2004-05\GL transactions 0405`.`'1157 REG$'` `'1157 REG$'` UNION SELECT `'1165 REG$'`.`Ap/ArID`, `'1165 REG$'`.Amount FROM `F:\Finance\Income Reconciliation\2004-05\GL transactions 0405`.`'1165 REG$'` ...

Table within a slide master?
Sorry if someone has covered this but I can't find anything on this topic. I'm working with Slide Masters and Layouts for the first time. I'm doing OK with making them and applying them to pages. But when I make a table it doesn't work. When I go to Insert>Layout Placeholder> Table, then I get a box that has the word "Table" in it. Is that right? When I look for controls to make it look like a table with headers, cells etc., right-click on it, whatever, I don't see any table controls, just the usual text/box attributes (size etc.). So in the ribbon...

I need to delete oldest record so that table only contains latest record 09-15-07
Hi, I have a table called DDPayments which contains 4 fields: PaymentID, DDID, BankID and Date Paid. I need a query that will delete all records, so the rows will only contain the most recent Date when a transaction occured. I currently have the following in the table: ROW 1 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 ROW 2 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 3 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 10/08/07 ROW 4 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 5 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 6 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 (This table is u...

Table format
Is there a way to place separate tables on one worksheet in Excel? I would like to be able to format one table without effecting the other columns/rows in a table. The Excel help search option did not give me any helpful information. I have attached for example a document formatted in Word showing separate tables. However, I would like to be able to format this financial information in Excel. Jim R. For the most part a "table" is not an Excel concept. It's really just data. You can put data anywhere you want in a sheet. For some specific purposes like Data, Form an...

XSL Transform Problem using Xml.XSL.Transform
I have an interesting problem. I am performing an XSL transform using the System.Xml.Xsl.Transform class. I have a database that contains the XSL style sheet string. And it seems to work pretty well for simple transforms. But as soon as I add Xsl variables or For each loops to the XSL string in the db, it fails to transform the XML. I can see that it will transform everything until that point. ALso If I copy the XSL & XML I am trying to transform from my watch window into a file.. It works perfectly. Any Ideas? The following is the C# code I am using to transform & the XSL I a...

Referencing From Nested Subform to Parent Table A97
Hi Folks I have a nested subform > MainForm > TabPanel1 > Subform1 with TabPanel2 > Subform2 Record Source for SubForm1 is my MainTable!ID (MainTable also the source for MainForm) I need to link the Subform2 data to the relevant ID of the MainForm record. I am getting a link to the first record ID in the MainTable but I am obviously missing something in linking to the 'Current Record' in the main table. Any suggestions on how I should proceed to get the reference right (and where to put it!!) Keep it Clean now... ;-) TIA "SteveM" <St...

Pivot Table Averages
Hi, I have a table where I have lists of colleges that my students have applied to as well as their status. The table has fields for student ID (foreign key to the students table), the name of the college, (not normal form, I know), and 3 boolean fields, for "Accepted", "Wait_List", and "Going." I keep them separate because they might overlap. I created a query to join the two tables so I get the student's names, the colleges they applied to and their status. In the query I create one field called "Status" which combined the 3 boole...

Fill up a Table from a panel
Hi, PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM, IM STUCK! Ill explain the problem quickly with an example. Ive got this table: January1999 February1999 Etc... day 1 value value day 2 value value day 3 value value day 4 value value day 5 value value Etc... value value The table is very very large and inputing values in it by scrollong through it is very irritating, so i want to design a little module that would allow me to either (1) input, or (2) call a value in a given x,y point of the table. The 1st problem reduces itself to finding a way to Input the value you put in a cell you designate as your...

Formulas and Pivot Tables
Hi, I want to use the percentage of row value of a field in a formula within my pivot table but I can only use the original value. Any thoughts? ...

Transform table into calendar format
I have a table with dates (column A) and events (column B). I wanted to know how I automatically create a calendar template with the events I have on this separate sheet. Send me an email to: pashurst <at> auditel.net (change the obvious), and I'll send you a file that does just what you describe. Hope this helps. Pete On Nov 18, 9:55=A0pm, Matheus <Math...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a table with dates (column A) and events (column B). I wanted to k= now > how I automatically create a calendar template with the events I have on = ...

look up tables and IF statements
=VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2) I have managed to create a look up table using the office assistant, and the formula above dumps information into cell G3. If G2 is empty or has a zero I don't want G3 to have anything in it. At the moment it just keeps coming up with #N/A Can anyone tell me what formula I should be using please Hi Rick! Would this modification do? =IF(OR(G2<>0,G2<>""),VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2),"") Hope this helps! -- Thanks and kind regards "Rick" wrote: > =VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2) > I have managed to create a lo...

Conditional Formatting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CAB561.6E59E240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have [form1] linked to [table1] which has field [address] I would like to conditional format field [name] (on [form1]) if [form1]![address] matches any [address] field in [table1] I tried using Dlookup in the condition field but couldn't get it work. TIA, J ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CAB561.6E59E240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding...

Pivot table group dates
I have a pivot table based on a medium sized set of data (5500 rows). In the left column of the pivot table I have regular dates wich gives me almost the same number of row in the pivot table. When I try to group the date field, I get the error message "Cannot group that selection". I have no blanks in the field of date. On some other similar pivot tables it work but for some reason not this one... What causes this and how do I get past it? Thanks in advance, RDW Do you have any text in that field? Are you sure the range you used to build the pivottable didn't go past wha...

Seven Transformation
My son in his infinite wisdom downloaded something called Windows 7 transformation to my XP computer. Now I can't remove it. When I run "remove Seven Transformation Pack" it instantly gives me an error. This happens whether I run it from Control Panel or otherwise. Help! How can I get rid of this? Jpstewar wrote: > My son in his infinite wisdom downloaded something called Windows 7 > transformation to my XP computer. Now I can't remove it. When I run > "remove Seven Transformation Pack" it instantly gives me an error. > This happens whether...

simplified table question
My table-into-table question comes down to this: Can I take x number of text boxes and put their data into a table with x rows and 1 column? Other than highlight all text of box 1, cut/paste into table row 1, highlight all text of box 2, cut/paste into table row 2, etc., that is. Thanks for your help, Julia Skiles ...