transferring formulas

I have a cell with formula in a worksheet and have a macro that copie
the data in that cell to an array then that array gets copied to a ne
workbook.  There are about 110 other columns that copied this same way

Is there a way to copy just the formula to an array then copy tha
array to the new worksheet.  Then the forumal can recalculate in th
new worksheet.

Thanks,
Crai

--
cparson
cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286

Need some formula advice for two part problem
I hope someone can help me out with this problem ? I want to place a date in a block when another block reads 100%. say block B4 reads 100%, I want to place a date in D4 to represent when (Days360) that block (B4) reached 100%. Hope someone can help, thanks. Mr. Goodbred Benjamin Goodbred, I came up with this solution: Format cell B4 as percent, D4 as Date 3/14/01. In cell D4 type formula: "=IF(B4=100%,NOW(),"")" do not add the first " or the last " The cell D4 will remain empty("") until B4 is equal to 100%. hth "BENJAMIN GOODBRED" w...

repeat formulae taking into account previous column's info?
Using Excel 2003. Trying to add up home accounts. Want to copy formulae from one column to another. Can Excel do this automatically? eg =SUM(B20+C16) to =SUM(C20+D16) to =SUM(D20+E16) where B, C and D are months, line 16 is the sub total and 20 is the total that I would like to carry through to the next month. Do I have to keep inputting =SUM etc, or is there someway of replicating this formula when the computer can change the letter of the column automatically? Help! Hi Debbie your formula of =SUM(B20+C16) can be corrected to either =SUM(B20,C16) or, better still =B20+C...

Creating a conditional formula to increment #s in a test script
Greetings, I have an Excel question. I am creating a test script template for our team and I an in need of some formula help. Here is what I wish to do: Let's say I have a column A in my test script. I wish to label this column with my test script # TC1 TC2 TC3...(and so on) However, the problem is I have section breaks in my test script that divides the document into sections: eg.. <LOGIN SECTION> TC1 TC2 TC3 <LOGOUT SECTION> TC4 TC5 TC6 Now the problem is that if I want to add a new test case to the "Login section" above, I need ...

Linking to files with a formula
In Excel 2003 what is the trick to linking to a closed work sheet using a formula? I'd like to put a list of file names in column A then use a formula to ling to cells from those books. Straight link works ='C:\My Docs\[File_1.xls]Sheet1'!X1 Formula does not ='C:\My Docs\[&A4&]Sheet1'!X1 Indirect will not work because I have too many books. Grateful for any help on this one! Thanks! xjvs Hi JVS Maybe you build your formulas with a macro I use getopenfilename here but it is also possible to loop through the column with file names http://www.rondebruin.nl/s...

Want to Change Range Selected in Formula
I would like to pass a variable through a function. Based on the value, I have some ranges already name ie. Dataquestion#. I would like to be able to change the named range to use in this formula based on numbers, such as mQNo. Any help would be appreciated. mQNo = 1 Set mQuestionRange1 = Worksheets("Data").Range(Chr(34) & "DataQuestion" & mQNo & Chr(34)) This is siomple. I don't think you understadn strings. You don't need a second set of double quotes. It is that simple for example Var1 = "abc" Var2 = "def&q...

Enter Formula without using =
I would like to be able to enter a formula into a cell and have it not require me to first type the equals sign. For example, when I type 12+12 I would like for the cell to return 24 and when I edit the cell, it would show =12+12 (e.g. Excel automatically inserts the = before the formula) Does anyone know how to do this? Tools>options>transition and select transition formula entry -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brian Tankersley" <bftcpa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6A70362C-6A75-4C5B-A50A-ECA311B48DA4@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to en...

Inter sheet formula won't format properly
Hi MS Excel 2003. I am writing a formula with a reference to a cell in another sheet, and Excel is behaving oddly. Sometimes it will give me the result, ie what is in the target cell, but sometimes it gives me the formula. The formula I am writing is simply ='2'!A22 thereby trying to get cell A22 from the sheet called 2. Why is Excel not always just giving me what's in the target cell? Sometimes all I can see is ='2'!A22. It's driving me nuts. I have looked at all the formatting options with no luck; I have toggled (using Ctrl`) the formula view with the norma...

Need help with formula #2
I am trying to build a formula that will find all instances of a particular word in one in column then add the corresponding number that is in another column for a total of that particular word. ie: column A column B sp 4.00 hol 4.00 sp 8.00 vac 6.00 I want to total all instances of "sp" Thanks for the help --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Try the countif function to count the instances of the word you are looking for.. =COUNTIF(range,criteria), put ...

Date Formulas
I am trying to find a way to set a start and finish date based on other tasks. I have 3 design tasks 18, 35 and 40. I would like to create a single "milestone" task that looks at these tasks and determines what the first start date is and what the last finish date is? For example: Task 18 has a start date of 4/1/2010 and a Finish date of 4/30/2010 Task 35 has a start date of 4/15/2010 and a Finish date of 5/15/2010 Task 40 has a start date of 4/23/2010 and a Finish date of 5/29/2010. I would like to create a task called "Milestone - Design" and look ...

Formula to maintain 1st day of month
What is the formula to make a cell always post the 1st day of the month. For instance.. Its July and cell a1 has 07/01/2006. when it becomes August I want that cell to auto change to 08/01/2006. =date(year(today()),month(today()),1) "Rheyjune" <Rheyjune@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D:9A4CFF6B-D053-44F4-89D5-F1F85D010AFB@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to make a cell always post the 1st day of the month. > For instance.. Its July and cell a1 has 07/01/2006. when it becomes August > I > want that cell to auto change to 08/01/2006. Thanks bobo...

Please help with formula #2
It has been a long time since I've needed to write for help, but I need it now. I had a friend come to me for help with a spreadsheet he's creating for the food service company he works for. While I taught advanced Excel in college, that was four years ago, and I don't recall this particular issue. The first worksheet is a payment summary sheet. Next, there are sheets for (invoices) for each organization the food service company deals with. On each invoice sheet, there are cells which identify information common to each of these company sheets. All of the invoice sheets are t...

Don't know which formula to use!
If I have several sheets in a workbook, and I want one as the master to refer to all others so that when a number is placed in a cell on the master it is either subtracted or added from the same cell in another sheet, depending which sheet or sheets are named from the master sheet. Is this possible? Could you explain what you mean in a bit more detail? For instance, will the entry on the Master sheet be made in the same cell each time? If not, will it be the same cell for each named sheet? How will the name in the master sheet correspond to the value- to the left? right? above? below? Ho...

Pivot Table Formula
Hi, Does someone can help on this please. In the same field I have 4 different Items (4 columns in the Pivot table) SalesA, SalesB, Refusal, Pending I need to add SalesA with SalesB I tried the Formulas "Calculated Item", however I get a message: Multiple data fields of the same field are not supported when a Pivot table report has calculated Items. How can I fix that. Thanks ...

Need to print formulas
Hello all! Using E02 on XP. Have linked cells in OutFile.xls 'reading' data from InFile.xls. Rather than handwrite my cell mapping, how can I print the linked cells or the formulas? Example: InFile has: A B C 1 10.45 9.32 3.25 2 9.87 5.98 5.32 3 12.87 10.11 7.42 OutFile has: D L V 10 ='S:\[InFile.xls]P4'!A1 ='S:\[InFile.xls]P4'!B1 ='S:\[InFile.xls]P4&...

Data row wise, formula column wise
I have data in cells b2:aj2 I want to refer to these cells in a column from a2 down. I can manually type in: A2: =B2 A3: =C2 A4: =D2 Rather than doing so, is there a formula I can type in once in A2 then copy down? -- Regards, Fred If you just need the data in column A........ Select B2:AJ2 and copy. Select A2 and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:18:55 -0600, "Fred Smith" <fredsmith99@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have data in cells b2:aj2 > >I want to refer to these cells in a column from a2 down. I can manuall...

wire transfers
hello, What is the best method in recording a wire transfer for Accounts Payable payments in Great Plains. Thanks, Scott We record them as regular payment transactions in AP and note in the document number that it is a wire payment. Don't know of any other way to handle these. -- Jim@TurboChef "Scott" wrote: > hello, > > What is the best method in recording a wire transfer for Accounts Payable > payments in Great Plains. > > Thanks, > Scott > Thanks for the info, do you print the check. "Jim@TurboChef" wrote: > We record th...

old file transfers
I have an old system running on 3.1, with business files on it I want to transferee these files to my other computer , it has xp system running. is there a patch I can download to my xp system which will let me open old excel documents If your xp computer has Excel installed, you should be able to open the old Excel file. If not, you can download an Excel Viewer from the Microsoft web site, that allows you to view and print files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN J B wrote: > I have an old system ru...

help me with excel formula please
A B can somebody help with a formula in the B colunm so that it 1 1 give values added upwards in the A colunm 2 (1+2) 3 (1+2+3) 4 ( 1+2+3+4) advance thanks In B1 enter: =A1 In B2 enter: =B1+A2 and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200903 "shaanu" wrote: > A B can somebody help with a formula in the B colunm so > that it > 1 1 give values added upwards in the A colunm > 2 (1+2) > 3 (1+2+3) > 4 ( 1+2+3+4) > ...

UDF to Convert formula results to text
Can a UDF be used to convert formula results from column A to text in column B? I know that I can manually cut and paste "special" to achieve this, but I want to avoid a manual step. Instead of a UDF use a macro. Change columns(2) to columns(1) to change the column withOUT the need for an additional column. Sub converttovalues() Columns(2).Value = Columns(1).Value End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230kPQ8gDKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can a UD...

Beginner(formulas?)
Hey..im doing this add math project of mine and im really new to microsoft excel. Lets say i have the numbers 1 - 10 in column A, and i have to count them using the sum 4.2+2X (X representing the respective numbers in A). WHat formula do i have to use? and how do i duplicate the same formula for each of these numbers. eg: A B 1 4.2+2(1) = 6.2 2 8.2 3 10.2 4 12.2 5 14.2 6 16.2 7 18.2 8 20.2 9 22.2 10 24.2 the thing is, the question requires me to do the same thing for a hundred numbers..and its a tougher sum..so i need help..thanx -- nomad31 --------------------------...

time formula question
This formula works great if the ending time is before 0:00. =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)* {2;3;4})),"") $C$9:$C$11 is my starting time i.e. 20:00 $E$9:$E$11 is my ending time i.e. 04:30 How can I get this to work if A21 = 20:15? TIA, David Try this: =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((($C$9:$C$11<$E$9:$E$11)*(A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)+(($C$9:$C$11>=$E$9:$E$11)*((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)+(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)))*{2;3;4})),"") HTH -- AP "David" <dfizer@r...

Help with Formula
Hi, I'm trying to count dates in a range in another worksheet (Test 1), count is to be based on being euqal (=) to or less than (>) the date that is entered in B10. If there is no date in B10 I want the cell to remain blank. The data in 'Tests 1'!AD3:AD1000 is entered and formatted as a date as is the data in B10 I am using: =IF(B10="","",(COUNTIF('Tests 1'!AD3:AD1000,"=>B10"))) this only returns 0 Suggestions welcome. -- Steve Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it. - Jane Wagner =IF(B10=&quo...

I have a formula in my workbook that was functioning but it doesn.
I have a simple formula that adds amounts. It was working all the time but now suddenly it's not adding on, i.e. the formula is still in the field but the result is not coming...... Can somebody help? Hi Ivan it could be that your numbers are formatted as text - copy a blank cell from another worksheet select your numbers and the formula and choose edit / paste special - add then select the formula cell press F2 and then enter alternatively, check that calculation is not set to manual - tools / options / calculation - ensure that automatic is selected Cheers JulieD "Ivan&qu...

help with a formula #5

Data Transfer Issues with remote site
Dear Developers, I am hoping one of you may have some suggestions on what may be causing this issue and provide some suggestions on how to reduce the occurrence of this issue. We have a .NET 1.1 Windows application that ties in with Great Plains running SQL Server 2000, using ADO .NET 1.1. The application is run on three sites – one local (main server) and two remote. I will call them Remote1 and Remote2 for the sake of this posting. In overview, the application provides services for filling orders. Orders are retrieved form the main server and order lines are posted for ver...