Transfer of data #2

I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling
totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page.  Basically it is a
payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc
and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the
database).  On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals.  I need it to
update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not
last 7 days or last 30 days.  How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to
do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the current week
starting Monday and total up the payments and then bring it back to the main
page, and the same for the current month.

Thank you in advance!
--
na
0

Hi!

To sum values that fall into the current week: (current week is Monday thru
Sunday)

=SUMIF(Dbase!A1:A10000,">="&TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),Dbase!B1:B10000)-SUMIF(Dbase!A1:A10000,">"&(TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3))+6,Dbase!B1:B10000)

To sum values that fall into the current month:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Dbase!A1:A10000)=MONTH(TODAY())),Dbase!B1:B10000)

Biff

"Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling
> totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page.  Basically it is a
> payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount,
> etc
> and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the
> database).  On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals.  I need it
> update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not
> last 7 days or last 30 days.  How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs
> do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the current week
> starting Monday and total up the payments and then bring it back to the
> main
> page, and the same for the current month.
>
> Thank you in advance!
> --
> na

0
biffinpitt (3171)
11/27/2005 4:09:18 AM
Thankyou, do you know how I would also do the same thing but instead of
adding up the totals it would count how many payments were made for the week
and also another one for how many for the month... thank you... i appreciate
your help.
--
na

"Biff" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> To sum values that fall into the current week: (current week is Monday thru
> Sunday)
>
> =SUMIF(Dbase!A1:A10000,">="&TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),Dbase!B1:B10000)-SUMIF(Dbase!A1:A10000,">"&(TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3))+6,Dbase!B1:B10000)
>
> To sum values that fall into the current month:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Dbase!A1:A10000)=MONTH(TODAY())),Dbase!B1:B10000)
>
> Biff
>
> "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling
> > totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page.  Basically it is a
> > payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount,
> > etc
> > and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the
> > database).  On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals.  I need it
> > update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not
> > last 7 days or last 30 days.  How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs
> > do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the current week
> > starting Monday and total up the payments and then bring it back to the
> > main
> > page, and the same for the current month.
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> > --
> > na

0
Cody (23)

CPropertyPage data
How is the data gathered when the last page of a CPropertySheet (wizard mode) class fires the OnWizardFinish button event? The member variables in each page appear to have valid data in them but I cannot figure out how to make use of it when the finish button is clicked. Mark F. wrote: > How is the data gathered when the last page of a CPropertySheet (wizard > mode) class fires the OnWizardFinish button event? The member variables > in each page appear to have valid data in them but I cannot figure out > how to make use of it when the finish button is clicked. The usual wa...

about transfer order

Transfering messages

Sorting data question
Hi, I have 200 rows of data in one colum, each row contains a random number but the total column value is 200. I want to sort the data into 4 approximately equal sized blocks (adding up to 50). Just a bit stuck as to where to start the filtering process if there is one that can do this? Cheers Chris ...

Reverse Stock Split #2
A mutual-fund holding of mine recently went through a reverse split. When I try to enter that into Money, it comes back with an error stating that there is not enough memory to complete this transaction. Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Andrew wrote: >A mutual-fund holding of mine recently went through a reverse split. When I >try to enter that into Money, it comes back with an error stating that there >is not enough memory to complete this transaction. Any help? What Money program and OS are you using? What is the actual error message? Money 2007. "The stock sp...

contacts in outlook 2003 #2
hi, any idea why contacts does not show up in the folder list un outlook 2003? thanks They do show up in the Folder List view. They don't show up in the Mail view. What does it say at the top of your Navigation Pane? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message news:%23K1slVzkEHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > hi, > any idea why contacts does not show up in the folder list un outlook 2003? > thanks > > got it. thanks "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:u%23Ibrv0kEHA...

How do I make 2 pages into 1 page?
I've used WP and it had a 'make it fit' that would change fonts and bring the page down. How can I do this on Word 07 Use the Shrink One Page facility in the Print Preview Screen. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "kangaroo" <kangaroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C0C8587-DACE-4F65-AD16-1D90EB2BABE3@microsoft.com... > I've used WP and it had a 'make it fi...

Data Load Performance
Running SQL 2008 SP1 I am comparing a data load into a Heap Table and a Clustered Table. The schema from each follows: CREATE TABLE dbo.HeapTable( HeapTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100)) CREATE TABLE dbo.ClusteredTable( ClusteredTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100), CONSTRAINT IX_ClusteredTable_ClusteredTable_UID_Col1 PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (ClusteredTable_UID, Col1) ) CREATE NONCLUSTER...

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

HR Position Transfers

Summing Data based on Its Category
I have a spread sheet that has data on buldings set up in such a way that the rows are different room types and the columns are Floor Type and Sq. Footage. At the bottom of the sheet I have a row that gives total square footage for each floor type of all the rooms combined. Right now I am using the Sum() function but I have to go through and individually select sq footages for the respective floor type. For example if 3 rooms have a cement floor I look down the sq footage column and sum the ones that have "cement" in the floor type column, and same with capret, etc. respec...

Hyperlinks in emails #2
I am running Win XP with Office 2007 When I try to click on a hyperlink in an email news article, I get tis error message: General failure: The system cannot find the file specified. How do I correct this please? Thanks, RED in NC Have you tried resetting the internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab? (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lis...

Windows Easy Transfer

Newbie Question #2
I just created a spreadsheet. Before adding data, I highlighted columns c,e,f,h etc (one at a time) and clicked on the $ to make these columns display as currency. I then entered quite a bit of data. While entering the data, it appeared as currency. After entering all of the data, I began trying to sum a column. At this point in time, the data seems to have lost its currency format, e.g., where two dollars and twenty-seven cents formerly appeared as $2.27 it now appeared as 2.27 and it was left justified. All efforts to highlight the column, or even to work with a single cell, and...

Microsoft Outlook Express #2
I have five identities and I can go from one identity to another; but after 5-6 changes (from one identity to another) I am locked up out of Outlook and I have to restart the system (not Microsoft, but the operating system). I use Windows XP. Hey, I'm not actually sure about your prob, but there is a separate forum/newsgroup for Outlook Express. If you look to the left, you should see a main category called "Internet Technologies (5th main category from the top). Underneath that category should be a listing of four different Internet Explorer categories. Choose the ver...

Button Control calling CFormView #2
hi everyone, I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It will call another CFormView (FormA). How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. Newbie & Noobie wrote: > hi everyone, > > I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It > will call another CFormView (FormA). > > How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. I assume you have created your project with the aid of the class wizard from the IDE. if you double click your button in the resource editor class wizard should suggest a click handler method for your button. Within...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Data Shifting Between Records
Has anyone ever had experience with data moving from one record to another? I have a form in which I'm using the FMS rich text control ("Total Access Memo"). Several times when there has been an error (such as the user unable to print, or other error), the user finds that data in one or two of the rich text fields are actually data that had previously been saved in another record. This has happened two or three times in the past few months. And, while not a frequent problem, it is especially troubling when it happens. I've checked the FMS web site, and haven't seen...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

Exchange 2003 Books #2
Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and securing an Exchange 2003 server? Thanks Helm On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:02:23 -0500, "Matt Helm" <helm@somewhere.com> wrote: >Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and >securing an Exchange 2003 server? > > >Thanks >Helm > Couldn't swear to a Read/See/Do book for setting up but one for ensuring you're secure is here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931836248/ref%3Disaserver/103-3597647-0211022 Thanks! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...

duplicating data
I have 2 excel worksheets, both are in different formats. Both will contain the same data but spread across different parts of the worksheets. if I have filled in the data for 1 worksheet, how can i automate this data to be filled into the other worksheet? In Sheet2 use linking formulas. Sheet2 H1 formula is =Sheet1!A1 For contiguous areas these can be copied by dragging. For non-contiguous areas..........manually enter references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have 2 excel work...

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...