transfer of cells from a worksheet to an other excel document

HELLO

I have about 2000 Exel documents and each one has 3 worksheets.

I want to select cells B105:B109 and G4, G8, H8, K12 , J2:J5, M8, from
all the worksheets(2) of these Excel files and send them on an othe
Excel document ISSUE2003.xls located at:
D:\ISSUE2003.xls on one line for each document.

If you could provide me a typical macro, I could sort it out for al
the
others tasks .

Thanks a lot:confused

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

about transfer order

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

Transfering messages

autoformat comments to move & size with cells
Is there a way to set the default to autoformat comments to move & size with cells? In a big file, it can take a long time to edit comment by comment. Not that I know of. But Debra Dalgleish has a macro approach that puts them back in there place! http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset KMiles wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default to autoformat comments to move & size with cells? In a big file, it can take a long time to edit comment by comment. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

HR Position Transfers

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

Excel Graphing With Widely Divergent Values
I searched but couldn't find anythign about this problem. Here's the basic premise: I've got two dollar variables I want to graph over time. The first variable is in the $10 range over the period. The second variable is in the $100,000 range. How can I adjust/concatenate/whatever the scale so that I can meaningfully display the two variables on one graph? Right now, I end up with two straight lines separated by acres of blank space. Thanks! Select the custom chart type, "Line - Column on 2 Axes". I'd already done that, but had hoped there was a way to adjust...

Excel 2007
Hello, Whenever I add a chart to a worksheet (in Excel 2007), the number of columns in that worksheet extend till column XFD - more than 16,000 column even if I use only 4... Is there a way to fix this? Thanks! Regardless of the number of rows/columns used XL2007 has 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns. It has nothing to do with having or not having a chart. However, the size of the file depends on how many cell have entries. There is not way to change the number of rows or column but you can hide some. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &...

naming worksheet tabs
i need to name a worksheet tab with a name that is more characters than allowed. Can you make the tab larger to accommodate a larger tab name? I know you can make the tab larger in properties/appearance/advanced; however, that does not allow me to type in more characters. -- Thanks, Sharon Thank you for your reply. -- Thanks, Sharon "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Sorry, you cannot. > > Max length 31 > Exception characters [ ] * ? / \ > > -- > Jacob (MVP - Excel) > > > "SHARON" wrote: > > > i ne...

Deleting Old Worksheets and Journals
Hi- we have had our RMS system implemented since July 2007. I am looking to do some system clean up of old journals and old worksheets since this has not been done since we implemented. I am thinking of writing some SQL statements and executing them in HQ Administrator but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before and if they foresee any issues or have any concerns. Thanks for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01CAD7D1.35018830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-prin...

Excel to PDG Format Error
Hi, I am used to using Excel 2007 to convert my workbooks into PDF's. However, recently, all of a sudden, everytime I PDF a workbook my Formating and graphs are all wrong. I have noticed that this only happens when I do multiple sheets, but the problem with doing individual ones is that I can't combine them with reader. Try Dr. Dan's All-Purpose Excel-PDF Cure: Select all worksheets by <ctrl> or <shift> clicking from the menu bar: File > Page Setup click into the Page Quality box, and select 600dpi, if it already says 600dpi, select it again. ...

Windows Easy Transfer

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

SumIf across multiple worksheets
I have 13 worksheets I want to sum quarterly. The formula I've been trying is: =SUMIF(A5:A36,"136982",'Apr 4:Jun 27'!G5:G36) but I get a #Value! error message. In column A I have contract numbers. In column G is the crew size. I want to sum all the crew size based on specific contract numbers. Any help is appreciated :) In each of the other worksheet, are the contact numbers also in column A? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Alberta Rose" <AlbertaRose@discussions.microsoft.com>...

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...

Is there an "Execute" worksheet function?
Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is stored in a cell as a test string? Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will execute that expression and result in "7"? I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy. in the absence of putting = in front of c4, try this =LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4)) -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:o5fn83thi0g5tivf55abvhv...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Tab key skips to distant cell instead of next cell to the right
Excel Spreadsheet When my clerk presses the tab key it jumps to distant cells rather than jumping to the next cell to the right. How can I change this option for my clerk? I have no problem with this fuction on my own PC. Tools>options>transition and uncheck transition navigation keys Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DL5327" wrote: > Excel Spreadsheet > When my clerk presses the tab key it jumps to distant cells rather than > jumping to the next cell to the right. > How can I change this option for my clerk? I have no problem with this > fuction on my own PC. Th...

Outlook 2007 hangs machine when exporting contacts to Excel
Hi, Is anybody else experiencing system hangs when trying to export contacts to an Excel (2007) spreadsheet Everytime I do that I have to do a hard reset for my machine. The diagnostics didn't turn up anything, but I do get the following error in the log, but thats just probably becuase of the reboot: ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outlook, Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.4518.1014. This session was terminated unexpectedly. thanks ...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Macro-Return Blank Cell
I am creating an Invoice by the help of macro where I want to clear all the data from unlock cell after entering the buttom named NEXT or OK.So I could enter fresh data in the same unlock cell. How it possible? Rdgs...Sudipta Sub setup() Dim cel As Range, r As Range For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If r.Locked Then Else If cel Is Nothing Then Set cel = r Else Set cel = Union(cel, r) End If End If Next If cel Is Nothing Then Else cel.Clear End If End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 ...