transfer data in excel between sheets

What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that
can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer
data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2.

If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on
sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50
lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3
numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a
seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.)

Then this data can be transferred as just the average of all the figures
onhto sheet 2.

I am not too particularly concerned in losing the figures each day, as long
as the average is transferred. Obviously I would prefer the data to remain
for records, and then spreadsheet can pick up from the new date, but this
would need a new formula on page one of the spreadsheet as the way I have it
set up at the moment, the data would just carry on and not give me a true
average per day.
0
Sheets (3)

Should be possible, but your explanation is very confusing.  Also, this will
probably involve some macros.  Mail me your sheet, or type up a better
explanation.

"Data Transfer betwen Excel Sheets" <Data Transfer betwen Excel
Sheets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1
> that
> can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button
> transfer
> data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2.
>
> If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on
> sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line,
> 50
> lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the
> 3
> numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a
> seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.)
>
> Then this data can be transferred as just the average of all the figures
> onhto sheet 2.
>
> I am not too particularly concerned in losing the figures each day, as
> long
> as the average is transferred. Obviously I would prefer the data to remain
> for records, and then spreadsheet can pick up from the new date, but this
> would need a new formula on page one of the spreadsheet as the way I have
> it
> set up at the moment, the data would just carry on and not give me a true
> average per day.

0
nuraq (11)

How do I perform a Monte Carlo simulation in Excel?
What a large topic. Can you be more specific? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Pedro Fragoso Pires" <Pedro Fragoso Pires@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B323BE-9992-4843-99D9-606632827B21@microsoft.com... > Pedro Fragoso Pires - Build some kind of spreadsheet model with some uncertain inputs and an output that depends on those uncertain inputs. If you want to only use Excel's built-in features, use RAND and transformations of RAND to provide random values for the uncertain inputs. Use Excel's D...

CPropertyPage data
How is the data gathered when the last page of a CPropertySheet (wizard mode) class fires the OnWizardFinish button event? The member variables in each page appear to have valid data in them but I cannot figure out how to make use of it when the finish button is clicked. Mark F. wrote: > How is the data gathered when the last page of a CPropertySheet (wizard > mode) class fires the OnWizardFinish button event? The member variables > in each page appear to have valid data in them but I cannot figure out > how to make use of it when the finish button is clicked. The usual wa...

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

about transfer order

Transfering messages

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

Using Excel but can't get hh:mm to go negative when subtracted
Trying to monitor hours worked vs hours planned eg planned 37 hours, worked 36 hours therefore want -1 hour ..... Help driving me mad You won't get it. You can get 1 by using ABS(time_1-time_2) and test if time_2 is greater than time_1 to prefix with a -, but this then becomes text =IF(time_2>time_1,"-","")&ABS(time_1-time_2) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bobuk33" <bobuk33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119D130-FF9E-4D94-A208-E22B6056F903@microsoft.com... > Trying to monitor ...

Sorting data question
Hi, I have 200 rows of data in one colum, each row contains a random number but the total column value is 200. I want to sort the data into 4 approximately equal sized blocks (adding up to 50). Just a bit stuck as to where to start the filtering process if there is one that can do this? Cheers Chris ...

Data Load Performance
Running SQL 2008 SP1 I am comparing a data load into a Heap Table and a Clustered Table. The schema from each follows: CREATE TABLE dbo.HeapTable( HeapTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100)) CREATE TABLE dbo.ClusteredTable( ClusteredTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100), CONSTRAINT IX_ClusteredTable_ClusteredTable_UID_Col1 PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (ClusteredTable_UID, Col1) ) CREATE NONCLUSTER...

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

HR Position Transfers

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

Summing Data based on Its Category
I have a spread sheet that has data on buldings set up in such a way that the rows are different room types and the columns are Floor Type and Sq. Footage. At the bottom of the sheet I have a row that gives total square footage for each floor type of all the rooms combined. Right now I am using the Sum() function but I have to go through and individually select sq footages for the respective floor type. For example if 3 rooms have a cement floor I look down the sq footage column and sum the ones that have "cement" in the floor type column, and same with capret, etc. respec...

Windows Easy Transfer

Excel to PDG Format Error
Hi, I am used to using Excel 2007 to convert my workbooks into PDF's. However, recently, all of a sudden, everytime I PDF a workbook my Formating and graphs are all wrong. I have noticed that this only happens when I do multiple sheets, but the problem with doing individual ones is that I can't combine them with reader. Try Dr. Dan's All-Purpose Excel-PDF Cure: Select all worksheets by <ctrl> or <shift> clicking from the menu bar: File > Page Setup click into the Page Quality box, and select 600dpi, if it already says 600dpi, select it again. ...

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

Simple Template excel for Books
I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8084980B-1561-4FD2-8EDD-1ED87A945CA7@microsoft.com: > I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks > Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) ...

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Data Shifting Between Records
Has anyone ever had experience with data moving from one record to another? I have a form in which I'm using the FMS rich text control ("Total Access Memo"). Several times when there has been an error (such as the user unable to print, or other error), the user finds that data in one or two of the rich text fields are actually data that had previously been saved in another record. This has happened two or three times in the past few months. And, while not a frequent problem, it is especially troubling when it happens. I've checked the FMS web site, and haven't seen...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...