Track time in HH:min.min(Decimal) format

I'm trying to accumulate elapsed times in a decimal minute format, i.e.
12:00.00 plus 1'30" = 12:01.50.  Any ideas?
0
Hales (1)

Go with the flow and use hh:mm:ss like everyone else?

If not, I would probably put the hours and minutes in separate cells, then
combine them with the formula =a1*100+b1, and display with the format
##":"##.##

--
Regards,
Fred

"Garth Hales" <Garth Hales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to accumulate elapsed times in a decimal minute format, i.e.
> 12:00.00 plus 1'30" = 12:01.50.  Any ideas?

0
fredsmith99 (155)
2/16/2005 4:19:02 AM
Hi!

If you go with a format like this: h:mm.ss

A1 = 12:00.00
B1 = 1'30"

=A1+(--SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(B1,"'",":"),"""",""))/60

Formatted as h:mm.ss returns - 12:01.30

I could probably get 12:01.50 but I don't have time to
tinker with it.

Biff

wrote in message
>> I'm trying to accumulate elapsed times in a decimal
minute format, i.e.
>> 12:00.00 plus 1'30" = 12:01.50.  Any ideas?
>

>.

0
biffinpitt (3171)
2/16/2005 4:34:11 AM
Thanks Fred, I'll try that.  Like you say, I can go with the hh:mm:ss but it
is much easier to do intermediate hand calculations in a decimal format.
This is for TSD rallying.  Thanks again

Garth

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> Go with the flow and use hh:mm:ss like everyone else?
>
> If not, I would probably put the hours and minutes in separate cells, then
> combine them with the formula =a1*100+b1, and display with the format
> ##":"##.##
>
> --
> Regards,
> Fred
> Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail
>

> "Garth Hales" <Garth Hales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to accumulate elapsed times in a decimal minute format, i.e.
> > 12:00.00 plus 1'30" = 12:01.50.  Any ideas?

Creat a time book
I'm building a semi automated time book in Access. what i want is to be able to give access a two week period prefferably by specifying the beginning and end dates and have access add an entry to a table i'm going to call the 'Time Book' for each person in a personnell table for each day. the best i have been able to come up with is to pack a Macro with 14 queries, each adds one more day to a specified starting point. one of the problems i'm running into is that some of the shifts run over night and Access doesn't calculate the shift end correctly. I wo...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Time Stamp-With Change
I seen many posts on in this forum on time stamps. My problem this tha in a1:a10 are going to be the entries. I need upon each entry into eac cell a time stamp in b1:b10, but I need this to be hard coded so that i I went back in a1and made a change it wouldn't change the time again i b1. Regards Anton -- Antony ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AntonyY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1669 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32046 Antony Try this in a worksheet module....

file time
hi, I need some code that find the 10 first files created in a directory, can any one sent me a function that do that for vc++/mfc - 6? Thanks Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eMKa15o9EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > I need some code that find the 10 first files created in a directory, can > any one sent me a function that do that for vc++/mfc - 6? > Thanks > > Hi, Is there any way to change directory creation/ modif...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

time out settings
I can not find time out settings in microsoft outlook. I have installed pccillin and it stops all emails in and out yet I can connect to the internet. They have suggested change the time out settings but in help it says go to the tools drop down and to email accounts and it is not listed on my tools drop down, cant find the settings anywhere. Jaine <rarepare@bigpond.com> wrote: > I can not find time out settings in microsoft outlook. > > I have installed pccillin and it stops all emails in and > out yet I can connect to the internet. > > They have suggested ch...

Events happening in different time zones

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Add Date And Time in a cell.
I want to add the time and date for a cell, but I want these date and time to be automatically updated itself with each passing day, and second. So when I log on this excel sheet later, the cell will show a different date and time in which I am currently in. How do I accomplish this? Is this possible at all? use the Now() function - this is volatile and will be updated after each sheet calculation takes place. put the following in the cell required - it formats to date and time (which you can change using cell format) =NOW() Cheers Nigel "Raymond" <NotValidEmail@yahoo.co...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

Date/time range based calculations
I have a column of values associated with unique dates/times. I need to be able to perform different calculations on the column of values based on whether or not their associated unique dates/times are between a set of date/time ranges (upper and lower limits). What function should I be using to calculate column C based on the date/time ranges? Example: Column A Column B Column C Row 1 Start Time 03/01/2005 00:29:59 Row 2 End Time 03/01/2005 00:59:59 Row 3 Row 4 DATE/TIME VALUE ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

no longer can change width height in format picture
I can no longer can change width and height (overtyping) in format picture. I am using Word 2003 and have a image in front of me. Could do it previously but reloaded my program after replacing hard drive? help ...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

Week-Number of a given Time.
I need a function that does something like UINT WeekNumber(SYSTEMTIME st) of course i could programm it, but i know there are some region- specific rules (when does a week starts, what is the defined 1st week of the year) and there is also a ISO-standard covering this, but much more important: it is already coded ... CMonthCalCtrl uses it and its already implemented in every windows system that has the control. Does anyone by chance know what function to use, where it is defined and how to call it? Does anyone has the sourcecode of MonthCalCtrl32 *g*? TIA, rhavin;) I don't think ther...

Time and Date stamp
I keep a large mailing list in Excel and often add new records. Is there a method to add a date and time stamp to each record at the time of entry? I know that using (ctrl + ;) will add the date but I would like to add the time as well. Thanks for any help. Ctrl+SHIFT+; will insert the time. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "MS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025101c398c6$ec3ea1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I keep a large mailing list in Excel and often add...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Value Cannot be Null. Parameter name: format
Hello! I'm using MS CRM 1.2 and this error appears when I try to access the calendar in the Work Place after creating a new e-mail activity. Any ideas? Thank you! ...

How to Calculate if a Range of Times Falls Between two Date/Time S
I have a problem where I am tracking maintenance workers who forget and do not clock out for supper. Supper time is between 18:00 and 18:30 hours daily. I couldn’t figure out how formulate if a time range (18:00 - 18:30) fell between two Date/Time stamps so I compromised figuring if I could illustrate that his time card showed he was still clocked in during the middle of the supper mealtime, I would be able to confront him and remind him of the need to clock out. Row H is the Start Date/Time Row I is the Stop Date/Time Row J contains: =IF(AND(MOD(H1,1)<TIMEV...

fraction format
I asked about this earlier, but I'll try again, with less rambling... Is there a way to format fractions so that they do not reduce to the lowest common denominator? For example, 0/4 does not become 0/1 2/4 does not become 1/2 4/4 does not become 1/1 Thanks, ~ Horatio Horatio, If you want your fractions to always have a specific denominator, then yes, there is a way. Select the cell or range you want to format, then click Format > Cells... . Next, click Custom. Enter format spec such as "# ?/4". The "#" specifies a variable number of whole-number digits....

Analysing time and days patterns in a chart
Hi there What do you think would be best chart format to analyse some data that consists of: Date of Call out Day of call out Time Of Call out Call out Reference I am trying to see if there is any pattern in the days & times of call outs to improve rosters. Basically I want the time of callout & day of week mapped across dates/months to see any trends. For example if Fridays at 1am are a recurring callout time (after the pub!) or every other Friday etc. Do yo uthink Pivot tabe and charts is relevant or can normal chart provide me with the results? Many thanks I have the sam...

Chart formatting
Hello, I have a vertical bar chart (ie. a 'column' chart) with staff names along the bottom (x) axis and their hours up the vertical (y) axis. The staff names are rotated by 90 degrees so they read 'upwards'. There are a large number of staff and to make the chart readable I split the staff into 2 equal groups and have a separate chart for each. The charts are identical in format (or at least I thought they were) and differ only in the data they display. On the 2nd chart, long staff names are sometimes not printed properly, the name is truncated. eg. 'Jeremiah Millhouse&#...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...