Totaling Colored Cells

How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored?
0
John1063 (943)

See

    http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

In article <6DE0D3A6-99B4-4BEE-ADCF-5F91AC9FF560@microsoft.com>,
 "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/24/2005 4:58:13 PM
How do I create a macro to do this?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> See
>
>     http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
>

> In article <6DE0D3A6-99B4-4BEE-ADCF-5F91AC9FF560@microsoft.com>,
>  "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored?

0
John1063 (943)
5/24/2005 6:01:05 PM
See David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros":

In article <0899D75C-59A5-4398-B08E-05A6FB7C4A2E@microsoft.com>,
 "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I create a macro to do this?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

An XML question

Selecting a large range of cells?
I'm not too strong with Excel so this might be an easy question. I have a large workbook with about 50K rows and about 100 columns. I need to sort this large range of data by different columns from time to time. I know how to sort it by just holding down the left mouse button and dragging the highlighted area to include the range. Then I go to "data" / "Sort". This just takes way too long to do each time for a range this size. I hope there is a better way to include this large range without having to "grab" it all manually. Is there? THANKS. Type ...

EXCEL: Separating data from 1 cell into multiple cells
I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to separate into different cells. Ex. one cell: Arch | South | All Points | Extreme I need an automated way to get each of the 4 names separated by "|" into its own cell. Any suggestions? Thanks, Heather (heatherjoslyn@yahoo.com) Hi, Highlight the column, Text to columns, Delimited, next, check only the Other box and copy your | in the box beside it, next, finish "HeatherJ" wrote: > I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to > separate in...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

A Named cell to be in a formula for a code
Hi! I have a named cell -> combo_chk (cell J3) This combo_chk changes because of FOR..NEXT from code but the style i always like this : 4,5,12,40,45 I have 5 columns with values in the rows A B C D E 1 12 40 41 45 5 6 10 11 40 I want to find if the 1 on column A is including in the combo_chk then if the 12 on column B is including in the combo_chk e.t.c. If it is found return '1' otherwise return '0'. So for the above example i would get for the first row -> 0 1 1 0 1 for the second row -> 1 0 0 0 1 because the values from the column B,C and E are incl...

CListCtrl Selected and Hilight Colors ?
Hi guys, Can I change the selected and hilight colors of a CListCtrl (and CTreeCtrl) ? Maybe I can do it with the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message ? Or do I have to owner-draw it ? I can probably just owner-draw the item (so I don't have to draw everything) using NM_CUSTOMDRAW but I don't know how to be sure the text is lined up properly, I'd have to go into my paint program and zoom in on the pixels to see if I did it right. I'm letting my users change the background and text colors of the controls (like a custom color scheme) and it looks stupid when it uses the Windows colors for the...

Excel 2007 Negative Bar Colors in a Chart
I have a bar chart that is updated on a regualr basis. My problem is that when the bar goes negative, I can't get the bar color to go red, as I could in previous Excel versions. Is there something I'm missing in the formating window? I've tried the invert if negative but that just makes the bar without fill. Thanks One option - Andy Pope's Pattern Fills Add-In can help you get around the problem: http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm Another option is to refer to Jon's example: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/InvertIfNegative.html Finally, y...

total cost on report
I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field (total) please help thanks, jettro Jettron wrote: >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field >(total) The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like: =Sum([cost field]) -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression? I clicked on page footer to insert thi...

Setting ID# to 1 & Total on bottom of query result
Hi, I have 2 separate questions. First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the first record. I copied my whole database including queries and forms which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010. I did a "compact and repair" to the 2010 database. But when I start to enter records for 2010 the ID# is 2550. How can I reset the ID# back to start at 1? On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation, 43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American. I need these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at the bottom...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

Excel 2007 changes links in cells
Hello guys, when I enter link to TXT file in the cell (e.g. D:\aa\ss\ko-hs-048-332-09\11ss.txt), for some reason it changes to C:\Users\Eddie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ko-hs-048-332-09\11ss.txt after some time. It seems to me it's something like Temporary Internet Files in IE... Any ideas how to keep the original link assuming that I haven't changed the location of the file? Thanks, Milan -- Milan Bortel MCP, MCAS, MCTS GOPAS Computer Training Center Brno, Czech Republic Saved from a previous post: A few people have said that this has stopped a s...

separate contents of one cell into multiple cells
Hi ! Is there a way to separate a content in one cell into mutiple cels?? I have this: Portugal,KM25,2,euros,2002 what I=B4m looking for is separate all this between comma like Portugal in one cell km25 in other cell 2 in other and so. Thanks Horacio Try Text to column under Data (2003) using coma as the delimiter. HTH Regards, Howard "Horacio" <h.anastacio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:61d06312-3aee-45da-9bb0-72ef25430fe7@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... Hi ! Is there a way to separate a content in one cell into mutiple cels?? I have t...

Too Many Different Cell Format
I got error message " Too Many Different Cell Format". Anyone know what caused it? Thank you. for further assistance on this particular issue, click on https://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&tid=1d4df007-3dc4-41f0-8182-aafe32548d4f&cat=en-us-excel&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 -- learn - n - enjoy ------------------------------------- click yes below, if it works for you "Bamboo" wrote: > I got error message " Too Many Different Cell Format". Anyone know ...

Displaying the contents of a query cell in a text box in my form
Hi everyone! I have a question, and it most likely a simple solution, but is giving me fits here. I have a form, and oh what a form it is. Everything works like a charm. BUT... On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:22:46 GMT, chris23892 wrote: > Hi everyone! I have a question, and it most likely a simple solution, but is > giving me fits here. > > I have a form, and oh what a form it is. Everything works like a charm. BUT... I'll see your but and raise you two! -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail well, that was helpful...... fredg wrote: &g...

Excel cell update slowly
I have an excel sheet with 4 sheets; first sheet using 250 columns and 300 rows; around 40 columns have simple formula's, in which 20 columns have formula's refering to other sheet. second sheet has 100 columns with 300 rows; 16 columns have vlookup formulas. When user modifies the cell in first sheet, its taking longer time to update the modified cell. On every cell change, we see the calculation running from 0 to 100%. The cell changes are updated slowly. The Calculation is set to automatic. How should we fix this issue? If your vlookup formulas are using all ...

Possible to use only minutes and seconds in cell time format?
I'm trying to figure out a way to format cells so that I only have to input minutes and seconds only, rather than having to type in the hour as well. Is there a way that Excel will do this automaticaly, or is there a way to format without the hour being included? -- Thanks, Garehead If you enter a decimal point after the seconds, XL will interpret the input correctly. Alternatively, you might look at http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <AE698335-6AC4-4DF6-A9CC-E5B96BF6D8B0@microsoft.com>, "Garehead" <Garehead@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How do I copy color text & paste keeping color
How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its origianl color? EXCEL 2007 1. In cell A1 I have the word smith with a background colour of yellow. 2. Do a Ctrl-C in cell A1 to copy the cell contents. 3. Do a Ctrl-V in cell D8 (for example) and cell contents are copied across with identical formats. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "bduck" wrote: > How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its > origianl color? Doesn't it paste the formatting for you when you just ...

Copy/Paste a protected cell
If I have a worksheet that is protected and I have allowed a user to insert rows, is there any way to also allow the user to drag down the formula from the above cell? If you unlock the cells in that column, then protect the worksheet, your users can drag down--and also change everything else in that column. You may want to use a macro that unprotects the sheet, inserts the row, copies formulas, and reprotects the worksheet. If you want to try that, take a look at David McRitchie's macro: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas Nat1 wro...

Total Items
Hi - Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be tendered, on the POS screen ? Thanks. You can customize the status.htm file. Not sure exactly what the variable is that you want, but I know it cn be done. "NJS" <NJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538F3CC7-F23D-43C7-8A5A-4319B8688E5B@microsoft.com... > Hi - > Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be > tendered, > on the POS screen ? > Thanks. Jason, Send me your email I have already customized this and will forward you. "Jason&qu...

Last non-blank cell
I have a spreadsheet which consists of a list of invoices which grows as the year progresses. The invoice date is in column A. What I want to do is a calculation based on the date in the last non-blank cell in column A. How can I refer to this cell in a formula? -- Peter Ying tong iddle-i po! If you are looking for a number, just look for any number larger than possible in your list. =MATCH(99999999,A:A) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Peter Twydell" <peter@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:vV9stXEc4fNBFwja@ntlworld.com... > I have a spread...

Formulas sometimes will not work in a Column or cell?
I am perplexed a bit with an annoying problem that is user error I am sure: Most of the time, I can go to a cell and type in =F8+G8 and I get wonderful number that comes out. But other times the output will be "=F8+G8" and the whole column is that way? I think that this is because the column is text format.. so I select the column and format for Numeric- but nothing happens I still get "=F8+G8"- What can I do to format that column so I can do some formulas? Thanks brent You're correct about the cell being formatted as text. But it's not enough to just chang...

pasting exact cell references
Whenever I cut and paste a cell reference, the pasted value always gets adjusted relative to the location of the original cell to its reference. For example, say cell A1 refers to cell B1. If I copy and paste A1's contents into A2, A2 will refer to B2, not B1. Usually this is a handy feature, but is there a quick way to paste exact cell refernces? ( so that A2 shows B1's contents )? Thanks, Isaac You can copy from the formula bar or if you have a rather large range of cells you can turn the formula to strings and then back, one way select the range do edit>replace and in find...

Can you sort excel data by color coded cells?
I have a report that has a column coded by color. Is it possible to sort by color to get each color lumped together? If it is not conditionally formatted colour, see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "lbs" <lbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3C11591-2803-4779-AD5B-6B21AD4BC25F@microsoft.com... > I have a report that has a column coded by color. Is it possible to sort by > color to get each color lumped together? Only with VBA. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortbycolor.htm for details and ...

Total of Totals
Hey there, I've set up a database consisting of four tables. I run a query which calculates a total for the item (unit price * quantity). Is it possible to calculate the final total of all this for a report? If that's possible, how can I get it to be at the bottom of all the records but only on the last page? Thanks Mathew On Aug 1, 12:48 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > Open the form in design view, click on menu VIEW - Report Header/Footer a= nd > add a text box in the footer with Control Source =3D[unit price] * > [quantit...

auto adjust height of cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to have Excel automatically adjust the height of a cell depending on how much text is in it? Not the height of a cell, but the height of a row. The height is adjusted automatically when you increase or decrease font size on any cell in a row assuming the row's height has not been manually adjusted. To have the height of the row adjusted automatically based on volume of text content you need to apply Format> Cells> Alignment - Wrap Text. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac ...