toolbar customization

533 MHz Power PC G4 384 MB SDRAM

MAC OS X 10.3.3=20

Office X: Excel 10.1.5 (Service Release 1)

When I drag command buttons to Excel's Standard Toolbar I get grayed-out =

icons as follows:

Hide Detail
Show Detail
Insert Rows

Ironically the following buttons, dragged in precisely the same =
fashionto the=20
Standard Toolbar,  work satisfactorily:

Insert Columns
Delete Column
Delete Row

Any suggestions? Has MS discoveed and repaired these bugs for the May=20
2004 updates?

0
anonymous (74718)

While they're not bugs, they are confusing.

You probably dragged the Insert Rows button from the Edit category,
which is used with the List Manager, rather than the Rows button from
the Insert menu, which inserts rows in the worksheet. The List Manager
icons are context sensitive in that they are deactivated unless a List
is active. Unfortunately, they have the same icon, so it's really a pain.

The Hide and Show Detail buttons are context sensitive, and won't be
active unless you have grouped rows/columns in your sheet, or a Pivot
table active.

There's no fix necessary, obviously, and I can't comment on specifics,
but my evaluation is that MacBU has made significant efforts in
real-time documentation in XL04.

In article <243f01c41c5a$f4db8cc0$7d02280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Sam Bays" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> 533 MHz Power PC G4 384 MB SDRAM
>
> MAC OS X 10.3.3
>
> Office X: Excel 10.1.5 (Service Release 1)
>
> When I drag command buttons to Excel's Standard Toolbar I get grayed-out
> icons as follows:
>
> Hide Detail
> Show Detail
> Insert Rows
>
> Ironically the following buttons, dragged in precisely the same fashionto the
> Standard Toolbar,  work satisfactorily:
>
> Insert Columns
> Delete Column
> Delete Row
>
> Any suggestions? Has MS discoveed and repaired these bugs for the May
> 2004 updates?

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

Issues Importing Customizations
I have been working on a CRM implementation for months. For some reason I am now unable to import customizations. There is no error, it just stays on the import customizations indefinitely. I was able to perform the same task last week in under 5 minutes. I can export my customizations without issue - just cann't import customizations between my dev and production servers. Any ideas? Try importing the enitities in smaller groups or one at a time rather than all at once, to see if you can narrow down where the problem is occurring. If there is a particular entity that is causi...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Customizing Views
I would like to add fields to a view.How do I do this?? -- Cheers Art In CRM 1.2 go to Home Page > Settings > System Customization and click on the object for which you would like to modify views, such as Contacts or Accounts. In the customization screen, on the bottom right will be a list of the views. You can double-click a view to open the screen to edit it. There will be buttons on the right which let you add or remove columns. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "ART@CT" wrote: > I would like to add fields to a view.How do I do this?? > -- >...

How to customize USERDEF2 of RM00101
Hi, I am using Great Plains 7.5. I want to customize the USERDEF2 such that it will populate some values automatically and the user can only view it. Please suggest !! -- Thanking you in anticipation, Regards, Samik. Use modifier with VBA. HS "samik_tanik" <samik_tanik_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4588C8FF-C9F8-4224-A0FD-7F90A6CB5947@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am using Great Plains 7.5. > I want to customize the USERDEF2 such that it will populate some values > automatically and the user can only view it. > Please suggest !! > -- > > T...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Customer Report that shows *all* activity
I'm looking for some kind of A/R - Customer History report that shows every little thing that has ever happened with that customers account. For example, we have a customer who's payment was received then adjusted out due to a bounced check. A second payment for the same amount was made a few days later - and inadvertently adjusted out for the original bounced check. The A/R detail report doesn't show this kind of detail. The account statement is more confusing than calculus to most folks - seriously, the statement is bad. Does anyone have a report that shows every singl...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

Keep Losing my custom task views
I keep multiple task folders and custom task views. This is the buggiest feature of outlook. My custom task views have a mind of their own. They sometimes completely disappear and come back when I simply select another folder and view and come back to the original folder. If I customize a view and select that it should be visible to the other folders, sometimes it is and sometimes its not. I have found no trend in how this feature behaves. I've tried creating views by copying old ones, modifying existing views and creating ones from scratch; in all cases, I have similar problem...

CRM Customization Exam
Hi, Currently I have gone though one book(Special Edition-using Mincrosoft CRM) by Laura Brown, John Gravely. What else do i need to know before i take up the customization exams. I dont have access to a CRM deployment to test things out but i badly want to take this exam. There are nobody around here who provide e-courses either. So somebody let me know if i can ahead and give it a shot. Also, If somebody has some sample questions, it would be of great help. Regards Maddy Well there is the eCourse named "Customizing CRM"... I followed it and it was sufficient for me to pass ...

Unit Accounts Defaulting on Customer Cards
Is there anyway to set up default unit accounts on a customer card? To my knowledge you can only set up financial posting accounts (including allocation accts) in customer/vendor cards. "Matt Barran" wrote: > Is there anyway to set up default unit accounts on a customer card? Matt, Could you please describe the scenario that calls for such configuration? While you cannot currently setup unit accounts on a customer card, I may be able to assist you if you describe the issue you are having. Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC. http:...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Customize E-mails with letterhead
Hi How can I customise out going e-mails by inserting graphics (jpg or gif) like a letter head? I am using word xp as e- mail editor. Is it possible to customize e-mails so i can specify when to include graphics on outgoing mail and when not to ? Like one template for business and one for personnal? Thanks for any help John ...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...

customers have their own product number
Dear all, I am a new user of Access 2007. In the samples which were given by the text books or the build-in Northwind sample, the product number is always the same. It means when the company buy the products from the suppliers or when they sell the products to their customers, they use the same product number. But the in real world, our company has our own product number for each product, and almost all our customer has their own product number. When placing the order to us, customer will use their own product number. What I want to do: In the order form, I first select the customer name o...

Customize Notification
I was needing help with icons that show up on the taskbar in the lower right hand corner. I have several from various programs and would like to delete them from the taskbar but the only option seems to be "hide them when inactive" or "always hide". These are programs that I use from time to time, but I don't want them on my taskbar. I have tried the "kelly" website to remove past items and it does remove several, but when I reboot all of the icons are back on there again. Thanks for your help! -- Gina How to delete icons from the Windows System Tray h...

Ability to assign 2 Salesperson IDs in customer maintenance
GP should have the ability to assign two salespersons to the customer maintenance screen for any customer. This would save valuable time for companies such as ours that pay a salesperson on a project as well as a sales manager over the sales team a percentage on the same sale. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

GP 10.0 Customization under Windows Server 2008 64 bit
We have installed Dynamics GP 10.0 on a Windows Server 2008 64 bit. Every thing is working fine exept for the customization on the forms using VBA, and using DexToNET 2.20; the customization appears not to be working at all, as if they were not exist. we are using Visual Studio.NET 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Note: if these customization were applied on any other operating system, they will work perfect. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. The DEXVBA.DLL cannot really be loaded on a 64-bit OS, but you may want to check the following article from Microsoft Help...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...

Customize Today problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3667A.71165C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, On the Outlook Today view, I can't activate the customize mode. It = says "Customize Outlook Today..." which I have clicked on in times past = to change options. Nothing happens now when I try this. Any suggestions? = I've done detect and repair, didn't help. Anything will be appreciated. --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0013...