TOOLBAR #2

When I open a new spreadsheet, there exists a toolbar at
the top of the spreadsheet.

Is it possible to save the spreadsheet with its toolbar
saved, or, ......does the SAME toolbar stay open and
remain the sames for all EXCEL spreadsheets running at
the time?

In other words, is the toolbar part of the saved
spreadsheet, or not?

Thanks,

Larry
0
anonymous (74719)

The  toolbars  are NOT part of a spreadsheet,  nor is it part of a
workbook.   There is  one toolbars file  (.xlb) that hold all of your
toolbars and it is updated every time you close Excel.

 The content of the clipboard has nothing to do with the toolbar.

There is a clipboard toolbar you can drag to you worksheet
or drag to the toolbar (docking).  You can bring it up with
    View, Toolbars, Clipboard
you can drag it from your spreadsheet to a docking position on the
toolbar.   You can drag it out from the toolbar by grabbing the
left hand edit.

It is possible to add a toolbar to your toolbar area with programming
and to remove it with programming when finished.

A simple example to implement is John Walkenbach's
(didn't say it was easy to follow)
   Custom Menus in Excel 97, Tip 53

Some additional references can be found under "menus" on my  xlindex.htm  page.
Additional information on toolbars can be found on my  toolbars.htm  page

Did you ever tell us what version of Excel you have.
Help,  Help About.
---
HTH,

"FLKulchar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7d8001c3e843$a117cbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> When I open a new spreadsheet, there exists a toolbar at
> the top of the spreadsheet.
>
> Is it possible to save the spreadsheet with its toolbar
> saved, or, ......does the SAME toolbar stay open and
> remain the sames for all EXCEL spreadsheets running at
> the time?
>
> In other words, is the toolbar part of the saved
> spreadsheet, or not?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry

0
dmcritchie (2586)
1/31/2004 10:35:35 PM
I have EXCEL 2002

Nov. 2001]
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

>"FLKulchar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:7d8001c3e843$a117cbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> When I open a new spreadsheet, there exists a toolbar
at
>> the top of the spreadsheet.
>>
>> Is it possible to save the spreadsheet with its toolbar
>> saved, or, ......does the SAME toolbar stay open and
>> remain the sames for all EXCEL spreadsheets running at
>> the time?
>>
>> In other words, is the toolbar part of the saved
>> spreadsheet, or not?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Larry
>

>.

0
flk2575 (44)
1/31/2004 11:07:58 PM
You must have missed: "If you've moved up to Excel 97 (or later)"

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have EXCEL 2002

0
terre081 (3244)

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

list #2
what i was after was that when you select the clothing cell for a person that it would show a list saying for examples boots 2 shirts hat socks etc so you know what they have been given and can add more or remove items as they take or hand back more!! does this help?? See one more response at your original post. John Lake wrote: > > what i was after was that when you select the clothing > cell for a person that it would show a list saying for > examples boots > 2 shirts > hat > socks etc > so ...

Calendar Issue #2
Good afternoon! My Outlook, specifically the calendar, has a problem where it will not save the subject of the appointment. It will save everything else, the date, the time, and any notes, but will not save the subject. We have tried repair and nothing works. Any thoughts? ...

global variable #2
hi this is a simple question (i'm new in vc++). i create a vc++ project with mfc, i need define a FILE* pt as global variable, visible from all my class and function (different files). Where have i to write the global variable definition??? carlo Carlo wrote: > i create a vc++ project with > mfc, i need define a FILE* pt as global variable, visible from all my > class and function (different files). Where have i to write the global > variable definition??? Exactly once, typically in one of the .cpp files. // declaration (typically in a header) extern FILE* pt; // defin...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

upgrade #2
I recently purchased Money 2004, my previous version being Money 98. When I try to restore the backup an error message says that it can't convert the file because it is an incomatible version. What do I need to do to try to transfer all of my data from 98 to 2004? The mother of all FAQs: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Jodie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39c601c3e269$fb85f6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently purchased Money 2004, my previous version > being Money 98. When I try to restore the backup an error > message says ...

RMS Hot Fix 2.0.0115 available now
I had an open issue that was resolved by this release, so I got word from MS yesterday afternoon that this Hot Fix was available. If you use HQ, you definitely want to apply this Hot Fix ASAP. Just FYI, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail PS. I wish Microsoft was more proactive with these Hot Fixes. P.S. I wish they would test the software adequately and not need so many hotfixes. "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message news:6A237458-FCF9-45D5-A3ED-F2A5D4A98924@microsoft.com... >I had an open issue that was resolved by this release, so I got wor...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #2
How do you recover exchange 5.5 after a power outage which left the edb as inconsistent and corrupted the log files. After checking the edb.chk and the log sequence numbers the log files appeared to be not required but couldn't get db consistent. The Online recovery from tape also was found to have corrupt log file headers between the low and high log value. So to make matters worse couldn't recover from last known good backup. It apprears that the log file header have been being corrupted for some time on disk. Have rebuilt the cluster to eliminate low level hardware issue...

coping with empty excel cells in the xml document #2
Hi I have an xml document that has been created from an excel spreadsheet. In the s/s there are some empty cells however these are not captured in the xml file. All that is added is for the cell after where the empty cell should be, it has an extra attribute: "ss:Index="6", where it is the 6th cell in the row, and cell 5 had no entry. I'm wanting to pick out a particular cell from a particular column however just iterating through the cells is going to give me invalid values where there should have been empty cells. Does anyone know how to handle this? I've tried ch...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

i am receiving error while downloading my emails but i can send #2
hello everyone, I have a question for you. I am not able to receive emials from our email server.but i can send the email successfully. Any i dea.? i am stuck here. Thanks for yr help. Thanks, Bharat. ...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Genuine Way of Earning #2
Dear Members, I have find out some genuine PTR/PTC programme. These are not scam. Many people getting more renew from these programmes. U just browse ads and make money online without any risk. http://adverbux.com/register.php?ref=20698 http://www.advercash.net/signup.php?ref=ksbisht http://bux.to/?r=ksbisht http://www.clixsense.com/?2270690 http://www.clickbux.org/pages/index.php?refid=kundan http://www.titanclicks.com/signup.php?ref=ksbisht http://www.turbobux.com/signup.php?ref=kundan http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?kundan1981 ...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

RMS 2.0 Problems
There's been a lot of RMS 2.0 talk and complaints. Besides the licensing issues/dislikes what problems are there? Somebody mentioned something about Matrix issues, what exactly does it, or should I say doesn't it, do? Any feed back would be appreciated since I'm about to upgrade our installation to RMS SO 2.0. Thanks! Hi Alex again me. Matrix Item An item that has many different variations of itself, but with the same lookup code and price for each variation. For example, jeans can qualify as matrix items because they can vary by color (blue, black, tan, etc.) and size,...

Label Printing #2
In Store Operations Manager When the Wizard is used for printing labels and a quantity is entered for each individual item. Randomly the number of labels that print for each item is less than the number selected in the wizard. Any ideas ? Emer, What type of label printer and what driver are you using for that printer? -- * "Emer" <Emer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637B6F2D-02A6-449C-8142-073512E9C92B@microsoft.com... In Store Operations Manager When the Wizard is used for printing labels and a quantity is entered for each individual item. Ran...

Make a formula
I will try it thanks Steve -- Steven E ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steven E.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26758 ...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

Clipboard #2
Anyone know how I might empty my clipboard in Excel 97? Thanks, Matt In VBA its Application.CutCopyMode = False Matt wrote: > > Anyone know how I might empty my clipboard in Excel 97? > > Thanks, > Matt ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...