Tool Bar Run Amok

When I run some macros I get a wide grey bar on the left
side of my spreadsheet.  If I right-click on the grey
column, I get a tool bar menu.  This is leading me to
belive that something in my code is resizing a tool bar.
Is there a way to fix this or once it appears to make it
disappear?  Thanks.
Jon
0
anonymous (74717)

Jon

If you believe it one of your macros that is re-sizing your Toolbar, I would
suggest you check all the code in all your macros for the culprit.

Difficult for anyone here to fix it without seeing some code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:25:40 -0800, "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>When I run some macros I get a wide grey bar on the left
>side of my spreadsheet.  If I right-click on the grey
>column, I get a tool bar menu.  This is leading me to
>belive that something in my code is resizing a tool bar.
>Is there a way to fix this or once it appears to make it
>disappear?  Thanks.
>Jon

0
Gord

Navigation Bar Wizard
When I add a navigation bar I cant find the wizard for it I delete it and create new. I used to just right click and it said wizard for this object. Now where do I find it. ...

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

sheet size
Hi all, I have a strange question. I have a sheet that has maybe 100 rows. The scroll bar on the right allows me to move quickly from top to bottom etc. I then delete, or move to another sheet say 80 rows. The scroll bars remain aligned or sized to a sheet with 100 rows. Is there any way to resize the scroll bars to active data only, or maybe occupied rows. jim Jim You can reset the "apparent" used range by deleting rows below your "real" used range the save the workbook. Some versions also require a close and reopen before you see any change. Note: this must be...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

running eseutil from a remote desktop connection
it takes me an hour to get into work. i have to run eseutil this weekend to defrag my information store due to a lot of deletions. because it will take a number of hours, i'd like to do it remotely using remote desktop connection. that way i can start it and then periodically check on it throughout the day without having to go into the office. i've got a 2k3 server running exchange 2k3 sp2. are there reasons why this may/may not be wise? thank you. ross As long as your server is not setup to disconnect/terminate idle RDP sessions... (on a second thought... you could do it...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

Color change on bars when goal met
How do you have a bar change/begin a new color when the total reaches and surpasses a goal/target? For example, if a series has totals above and below a goal of, say, 70, I want each bar to show when that goal is met and to have a different color on the same said bars displaying the amount above the goal. Hi, What you need to do is break your data range into two data ranges, one for values above 70 the other for ones below, to do that us a formula approach. Say you data is in B1:B10, which x axis data in column A. In C1 enter the formula =IF(B1<70,B1,70) In cell D1 enter the f...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Can dll find path where it's running from
hi, I made a mfc-using dll, can I have it programatically find itself so it knows where on the hard drive it is being run from? This is In order to find itself to load its manifest because I want to have it programatically load its own manifest instead of using resource id 2. Or even better... In the documentation of the CreateActCtx function, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375125(VS.85).aspx there is a reference to ACTCTX_FLAG_MANIFESTSTREAM_REQUEST flag, and the ManifestStream member of ACTCTX however neither exist in my Visual Studio. Do these really exist? "alexl&quo...

StockTruth is up and Running!!
StockTruth is up and Running!! We had an issue with blocking certain UK IP's on the site, but you should all be able to reach it fin now: http://stocktruth.com/ ...

Have internet connected but no green bars.
Hi all, This is a windows 7 problem but can't find a newsgroup. After updating my network adapter driver, my green signal bars are missing in the taskbar. The funny thing is that I click on it and it shows green bars in the pop up windows. Internet connection is working btw. Regards David On 6/21/2010 8:57 PM, David Li wrote: > Hi all, > > This is a windows 7 problem but can't find a newsgroup. > After updating my network adapter driver, my green signal bars are > missing in the taskbar. > The funny thing is that I click on it and it...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

how do you costumize space bar?
When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space bar erases the next letter so i was wandering how to turn this off or how to change it to normal? Press the Insert key (make sure number lock is off). You are on overtype mode. -- Rae Drysdale "Moo" wrote: > When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space > bar erases the next letter so i was wandering how to turn this off or how to > change it to normal? ...

Any Dex Limit to Length of Parameter in a Run Application Statemen
Have you ever heard of a limit to the length of a parameter in a Run Application statement? I don't see anything in the Dexterity Limits. We're out to 242 characters on a locally defined string (in the script). I'm going to try a couple of workarounds, but anything you may have in the meantime would be helpful. Try using a text field to contain your parameters rather than a string field. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsof...

How to Remove the E-mail Accounts Option from the Tools Menu in Outlook 2002
The following Knowledge base describe how to remove the account option from the tools men in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242165 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242165 I would like to do the same thing but in outlook 2002. basicaly, I want to set up pop e-mail accounts on client machines and disable any configueration changes by the user. thanks Use Windows Policies or use a custom installation of Outlook and select what options are available to end-users. Or, simply prevent the users from adding an Internet Account by disabling that opti...

Scheduled Bills scroll bars only work when partial screen Money 20
The vertical scroll bars on the Manage Scheduled Bills screen are greyed out when full screen, but normal when partial screen. Problem is present when viewing my data and Test sample.mny. Other screens and other applications not affected. Quick file repair did nothing. My daughter downloaded a program she can't remember the name of and I can't find on the computer recently in order to access photos on Walmart.com. I don't know if I should remove and reinstall MS Money 2004 Small Business edition, or do something else?? It might be better to upgrade to 2007, but the pro...

Share Workbook is grayed out in the Tools menu
Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 Is that option always greyed out? Or is just greyed out for this workbook? Start a new workbook and test it out. If it's always greyed out, you can try resetting that toolbar: Tools|Customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menu bar click Reset Did that work? Alicia wrote: > > Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use > that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 -- Dave Peterson I was able...

Color of IE Title Bar
I have a client that wants to change the color of the IE Tile Bar based on the form that is open(different color for Opportunity/Account etc). I can do this my manually modifying the aspx file but would prefer to do it with an on open event using javascript. Does anybody have a sample of how to change the color of the IE Title bar? -- Regards, Robert McPherson Candlewest Systems Group Robert, I'm not familiar of any way to change the color of an IE Title bar programatically or by even coding that into a page. I'm under the impression that that's a window's UI setting....

Gantt Bar truncated
Quick search ends in no joy.... I had a fellow scheduler drop buy with a question. He has inherited a Project (2003) file. The task bars in the gantt chart view do not reflect the "start" and "finish" dates in the start and finish column. When the dates are added to each end of the bar in the gantt chart view, the task bar extends from the start date but does not stretch all the way out the planned finish date. I did a cursory view of the file on my way out and there was nothing readily apparent that would be driving this condition. I'm new to MS Project...

Vendor Check Run
Here's our check run schedule Week 1 - only discount vendors - vendors offering us a discount Week 2 - all vendors including discount vendors Week 3 - only discount vendors Week 4 - all vendors The payment terms dictate if there is a discount. My question is - is there a way to only pull vendors offering a discount for Week 1 and 3 - this would eliminate the need to editing the batch for non discount vendors. Any thoughts? Debbie, Have you tried running select checks and entering a Discount Date Cutoff? I am thinking this may work. Thanks, Rheiner "D...

Outlook2003 - open running, but error pops every 10 sec
One PC, Win2K using Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange. Open Outlook, runs fine then error msg "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again." "OK" If I click ok message goes away, I can read, send and receive fine. About 10 seconds and message pops up again. D ...

tool bars
I do not have any tool bars in Outlook 2002. I cannot receive or send mail. Can some one help me on how to get the tool bars back. Thanks Locate outcmd.dat and rename it to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sharonann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41f901c47fd4$d4d723c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I do not have any tool bars in Outlook 2002. I cannot > receive or send mail. Can some one help ...

Running Average Excel 2007
I have a worksheet tracking data over time. I input new information each week. I need to calculate the average each week for the information in several columns. After 13 weeks I will have 13 rows of data, with the average for each column. I do this by quarter to eventually have the average over 52 weeks. I need to have the average recalculated each week. What I have been doing is entering my sum as B4:B16/X, where X changes each week as I input the data. Is there a formula I can use that will update the average each week when I input new data? Could it be: =AVERAGE(B:B) ?...

How do I use exchange tools to identify who is sending virus from network
What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email through our exchange server? We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they got in. We are trying to determine where the virus are originating from and not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas on what tools could help with this? Thanks, Paul Stephenson Paul Stephenson wrote: > What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email > through our exchange server? > > We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they > got in. We are trying to d...