too many different cell formats in excel

Can't insert row on excel due to above error.  How do I
fix it?  Any ideals?  The version is 2002.
0
anonymous (74721)

Check out this jassy

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904

David McRitchie posted this

Leo Heuser  posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article.
 http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"jassy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4bf901c3ffc0$61bf8150$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Can't insert row on excel due to above error.  How do I
> fix it?  Any ideals?  The version is 2002.

0
rondebruin (3789)

cell value depends on value in another cell question
Hi. Anyone know how to have a cell formula control the information in another cell? I'm trying to get a row of cells to only allow one x (trying to get them to act like a check box that only allows one check). I can't figure if excel is capable of controling a cell's value from an outside formula. Hi maybe 'Data - Validation' is what you're looking for. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sylvia wrote: > Hi. Anyone know how to have a cell formula control the information > in another cell? I'm tryi...

Adding commands to the Excel 2007 Chart context menu
Hi, NG, In Excel 2003 to add a command to the Excel 2007 Chart context menu you add your command to the commands in CommandBars("Object/Plot"). In Excel 2007 this does not work, the commands are not added, and there seems to be no other command bar I can use to add commands to the Excel 2007 Chart context menu. Any idea how to customize the Excel 2007 Chart context menu? Thanks, Andreas I have asked this and the answer is: You can't. Apparently when they converted the chart elements into the gaudy new Office shapes, the Office group took over control of much of t...

Linked cells #4
I have two spreadsheets. One has a list of names and the other has only 4 cells, each with a link to one of the first four names in the first spreadsheet. I would like to print the second spreadsheet and then delete the first four names in the first spreadsheet so that the cells in the second spreadsheet now contain the next 4 names on the list. When I delete the first 4 names in the first spreadsheet, the links in the second spreadsheet fail and I get #REF! in the cells. I have tried both relative addressing and absolute addressing and both return the same error when I delete th...

copy sort results to different worksheet?
Hi all, Relative Excel newbie here :) I have an Excel file with three worksheets in it. Right now, only the first worksheet has data--the data is four columns of unsorted text (it's a list of karaoke songs...the columns are labeled "Song Title", "Artist", "CD", and "Track Number"). I know how to sort the data by different columns so that I can either have everything listed alphabetically by Song Title, or alphabetically by Artist. What I'd like to do is somehow be able to take those two "sorts" and output each one on a differe...

difference in percentange
This is probably a very easy question.... I have the following cell D cell E 484 526 In cell F I want to show the difference in a percentage. I currently have the following format (D1-E10/D1 but it gives me a -9%....when it is actaully an increase....what am I doing wrong? Then you want: =(E1-D1)/D1 Regards, Fred "Caribbrz" <Caribbrz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:423B80BF-1828-4E17-A48B-F5027EFE4A38@microsoft.com... > This is probably a very easy question.... > > I have the following > > cell D cell ...

Edit directly in Cells
I am having intermittent (daily) problems with 'Editing Directly in Cells'. After hitting the [F2] key to edit data in a cell, the edit bar cursor shows in the cell correctly. But, when I use the arrow keys in jumps to the next cell to the left as if I hit [Shift][Tab]. I do have the 'Edit Directly in Cells' checked in Options-Edit. Turning it off and on does not make any difference. I must use the mouse to select the text to edit. We tend to input some status language at the end of the task name, so this would be a productivity impact. I have researched the we...

Cell colour format according to date
If a cell value is equal to today I want the colour to change to red. I have entered =TODAY as a conditional formatting value but the cell colour does not change. The cell has been formatted as ddd dd mmm. Any ideas please. Thanks in advance for any help John Hi John Try the below 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Form...

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

Writing if statement in excel.
Hello, I'm new to excel and need help in writing IF statement to return valu on bonus due. I need to calculate longevity bonus based on years of service 0-4 yrs= $0, 5 - 9 yrs = $1000, and 10yrs or more = $1500. Cell F = yrs of service. Cell L = longevity bonus. Please help!!! Lsu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi enter the following in L1 =IF(F1>=10,1500,IF(F1>=5,1000,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello, > I'm new to excel and need help in writing IF statement to return value > on bonus due. > I need to calculate longevi...

Visual Basics in Excel
I went to the website cpearson.com and got the information for the syntax and the formula to sum numbers in different colors on a worksheet now my problem is where do i put the visual basic part of the works so the formula can call on it can you tell i have no idea but great hopes!!! thanks everyone -- onyx4813 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26305 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396205 I expect you went to http://www.cpe...

constant cell
Assume an investment sum. Assume two columns. Column A has a list of monetary figures increasing in value as they go down the column. Column B is a percentage of the increases the cells in Column A. For example Cell A would have value of $5000.00 Cell A2 $5140.00 Cell lA3 $5216 and so on own the column Cell B1 would show a nil value as it is related to Cell A1 Cell B2 would show a % value of % value of $140.00 as it related to Cell A1 Cell B3 would show a $216.00 as it related the Cell A1 In other words Cell A1 must be related to all the cells in Column B. I want to set the formula ...

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

Reference a cell in criteria range
I want to average a range if 2 criteria are met; the criteria includes cell references: C6 = 1/1/2009 (internal date) E6 = 1/1/2010 (internal date) Cells B11:BJ11 contain valid dates Cells C11:AJ11 contain valid numbers I want to average the values in C11:AJ11 that are >= C6 and <= E6. Can I reference the cells in the criteria range? I used averageifs(C11:AJ11,B11:BJ11,">=C6",B11:BJ11,"<=E6") which of course did not work. Thanks! Hi Connie You are very close: =averageifs(C11:AJ11,B11:BJ11,">=" & C6...

area graphs in excel
i want to porduce a graph that has an upper and lower quarile figure. I want these to be block filled and then plot 3 lines against these. is this possible? for example, i have a % scale on the X axis and can get the lower quartile figure to block fill, the problem comes when i want to block fill the upper quartile from it's data figure to the top of the X axis... is this possible to do? James - Block fill the bottom quartile, the middle two quartiles (in a single series, why not), and the top quartile. Format the top and bottom with whatever color you want, and hide the middle on...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Scrollable x-axis in excel
I'm looking for a way to "zoom-in" my x-axis and rather than have all of the data from a very large database displayed at once, be able to scroll (as in a data aquisition software screen) through it (day-by-day, etc) so as to see meaningful trends without having to regenerate a new chart when I need to switch days. I currently am using a 'lines on 2 axis' type of chart. You want some kind of dynamic chart. I have some links and general examples here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The example that might help the most is on this page: http:/...

is it possible to have 2 different users on same computer
I have outlook 2002 on computer that I share with my spouse. We currently have our email thru hotmail, but have been thinking of changing over to Outlook. Is it possible to have 2 seperate address books and inboxes with different email addresses, so that he can get his emails and I get mine? Yes. You can have a single installation of Outlook and multiple Profiles. Profiles can be setup via the Mail Control Panel (Start - Control Panel - Mail). Click the Show Profiles... button. You should see the Mail tab and at lease one profile. You can click the Add button to configure a new profile...

Combobox add large range of cells
I have placed a Combobox(ActiveX) on a worksheet(Sheet2), but now i want to populate it will all the values(that are not blank) in Sheet3 between range("A2:A25000"). How do i do this without manually do this: Combobox1.Additem Sheet3.Range("A2").value Combobox1.Additem Sheet3.Range("A3").value ..... ..... and so on? Corey.... Dim myRng as range dim myCell as range set myrng = sheet3.range("a2:a25000") 'or if you potentially have lots of empty cells at the bottom with sheet3 set myrng = .range("A2", .cells(...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

Cannot open excel attachments
I have Outlook 2002. It is blocking attachments and giving message "OEM blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments..." I have edited the registry per MIcrosoft Knowledge Base Article - 290497 and am still having the problem. I specifically want to receive excel attachments. Any other ideas? ...

How do I reverse a spreadsheet that is in the format of a subtota.
I have a spreadsheet that details transactions by vendor but there is one line for the vendor and the detail transactions fall below the vendor line. The detail transactions do not show the vendor name. I need to have the vendor name on each line of the detail so I can sort and analyze the data. This is actually a report exported from QuickBooks. The only option I see is to copy the vendor name to each detail line and then remove the original vendor line. This is a lot of manual labor for a pretty large spreadsheet. Frank, Check this out... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip0...

Removing " " from a cell
I downloaded a file which has the extension .csv. It has a column of numbers but they are preceded and followed by " like this "4293226" and I am trying to create a formula that subtracts the second row, third row.... to the end number from the first row number. I get a #VALUE!. Is there a simple way to remove the "" from each number? Select the range to fix Edit replace what: " with: (leave blank) replace all Maybe the quickest way. GTT wrote: > > I downloaded a file which has the extension .csv. It has a column of > numbers but they are preced...

Connect Mailbox to a Different User
I have User A that has a mailbox. I have User B that has no mailbox. At the moment both A and B can use A's mailbox. I want to disconnect the mailbox from A and connect it to B's account, not just have B able to use the mailbox. How do I do this? Thanks. Make sure you retention set on the mailbox store. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274343 Dont be fooled by the title of this KB, you need to delete the mailbox first. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:17:04 -0800, NDaveZ <NDaveZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have User A that has a mailbox. >I ha...