To sum the values of the cell

I want to sum up the values of cells using VBA.
Lets say from Range A10 to A100 and make it as a vary.
Also, the rows 10 and 100 are supplied by the user.
However, the follwing does not work
    Dim xsum as long
i1=10
i2=100
x      = sum(cells("A(i1):A(i2)")
does not works.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

0
Subodh

Try

    x = Application.Sum(Range(Cells(i1, "A"), Cells(i2, "A")))

--

HTH

Bob

"Subodh" <getsubodh@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to sum up the values of cells using VBA.
> Lets say from Range A10 to A100 and make it as a vary.
> Also, the rows 10 and 100 are supplied by the user.
> However, the follwing does not work
>    Dim xsum as long
> i1=10
> i2=100
> x      = sum(cells("A(i1):A(i2)")
> does not works.
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance.

0
Bob
3/16/2010 8:32:53 AM
On Mar 16, 1:32=A0pm, "Bob Phillips" <bob.phill...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> Try
>
> =A0 =A0 x =3D Application.Sum(Range(Cells(i1, "A"), Cells(i2, "A")))
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "Subodh" <getsub...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I want to sum up the values of cells using VBA.
> > Lets say from Range A10 to A100 and make it as a vary.
> > Also, the rows 10 and 100 are supplied by the user.
> > However, the follwing does not work
> > =A0 =A0Dim xsum as long
> > i1=3D10
> > i2=3D100
> > x =A0 =A0 =A0=3D sum(cells("A(i1):A(i2)")
> > does not works.
> > Can anyone help?
> > Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Bob.
It really worked.
0
Subodh
3/16/2010 8:51:16 AM
Try

Dim xsum As Variant
i1 = 10
i2 = 100
x = Application.Sum(Range(Cells(i1, "A"), Cells(i2, "A")))

--
Jacob

"Subodh" wrote:

> I want to sum up the values of cells using VBA.
> Lets say from Range A10 to A100 and make it as a vary.
> Also, the rows 10 and 100 are supplied by the user.
> However, the follwing does not work
>     Dim xsum as long
> i1=10
> i2=100
> x      = sum(cells("A(i1):A(i2)")
> does not works.
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> .

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

Excel2007 Replace formulas with {=#Value!} when saving file
The file is in Excel 2003 (created in Excell 2003) format. "FileName [Compatibility Mode] ..." displayed on title bar when loaded in Excell 2007. There are several worksheets in the workbook with array formulas referring to other worksheet. When saving the file a message pops up saying "saving this file in 2003 format will lose information, formulas will be converted to {=#Value!} as the 2003 format cannot handle the quatity of formulas in this workbook". If you select "Continue" that is exactly what happens: poof, most of your array formulas are replaced. ...

How to perform sum sum sum...

How to get #value! to return a value of 0?
My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2 column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE! I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND. Can anybody help? =SUM(A2:C2) would be the easiest way. SUM will ignore text. tj "rhodesv" wrote: > My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values i...

Summing up user defined results

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

Null value won't pass into function
Hi All, I have started tearing my hair out over this problem! I am pulling some data from a table and passing it as variables into a function in Access. One of the variables I'm passing through can be Null, so to avoid trying to pass a Null value to a function as a string (which I gather Access wouldn't like) I created an IIF function inside the parameters so if the value was null, it passed the string "NULLDEPOT" into the function, and I dealt with it inside the function. No matter HOW I try (stacked queries, new variables, taking the IIF out of the function parameters an...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

sum subform to form

there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation
there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b09c9ca-2596-45ed-8529-3d4198bd8ed5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers ??? ...

Display msg when value chgs to zero.
Hi, I'm running Access via XP Office Pro under Windows 7. Background ------------------- We are working on creating a cash receipt form. Checks are group into "batches" of 20 checks. Someone adds up the checks using a calcuator. The total from the calculator is called the "batch control total". The cash receipts form has a form and a sub-form. The allows the user to enter the batch number, batch date, control total amount (from manually run caculator tape), and batch comment. The sub-form enables the user to enter the individual checks. The c...

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

Special format for feet
Many html tables list height as x-yy where x is feet and yy is inches. Excel imports this as a date. In looking at cell number formats there is no option to display either a feet-inches 'number' or an inches number as x-yy. (I will write up a separate item about Excel importing the feet and inches as dates.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Cells stay highlighted, cannot use mouse
When I click on a cell in excel, that cell shows as clicked on, but when I move the mouse all surrounding cells become highlighted as well. So I cannot input anything anywhere, as moving the mouse around just keeps highlighting cells. And I cannot shut excel down as trying to move the mouse to a menu bar keeps highlighting cells in the worksheet. The only way to get out of excel is to End Task. I have come across this problem before, but I don't know how I inadvertently activate it, and to stop it was some combined of Ctrl-Enter but I can't remember what. Hopefully someone will un...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Drop down values relating to cells in next worksheet
Here goes, hope this makes sense! I have a worksheet that contains a questionnaire, which is filled in by choosing the reply from the drop down (Data/Validation) box, e.g. 'Strongly Agree', 'Disagree' etc. I need to be able to make these choices relate to my scoresheet in the next worksheet, so that when 'Strongly disagree' is chosen, a score of 10 is transferred to the related cell in the scoresheet. There are 4 choices - strongly disagree = 10, disagree = 9, agree = 1, strongly agree = 0. I haven't a clue how to do this, hope someone can help! Hi use v...

HELP! Default value dependant on another field
Hi I would like to set up a default value in one field [ILRVAL] based on whether a previous field [40ILR] - a yes/no field - is a yes. Any help gratefully received. You could try something like: if me.[40ILR]=-1 then me.[ILRVAL].defaultvalue="yourvalue here" end if hth -- Maurice Ausum "Obeide115654" wrote: > Hi I would like to set up a default value in one field [ILRVAL] based on > whether a previous field [40ILR] - a yes/no field - is a yes. > > Any help gratefully received. At the risk of sounding completely stupid... Where do I type that? Thank...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

ComboBox: Update a value in current record before changing the ComboBox Value
It's been a while since I have had any issues...I seem to create my own problems... I have a combo box in a sunform. I use the combobox to choice multiple items in the subform. When I pick and item in the combobox, I run an AFTER UPDATE and set a value in a table (I change a 0 to a 5). However, if I picked the wrong record and go and change it to a different record, the value I set to 5 above stays a 5 and know I have a record with a value I do not want...I want to change it back to 0 before I change the record in the combobox. I have tried Before Update, On Enter, On Get Focus...thes...