To find the cumilative balance

Hi all,

Please forgive me the same question is posting again.  I have the following
excel  . I want to get a cumilative balance as follows.
           A              B          C          D         E(Cum.bal)
1      10
2                       -3.5
3                       -1.5
4                                     -3         -2              0.00
5      20
6
7                                   -10
8                                   -10                          0.00

Please help to get the balance n column E. The balance have to findout
just before the blank column end in A range.

Please help
With thanks and regards
Pol

Pol -

You can do this with two columns (and you can hide the first one).  This
assumes there is no extraneous text (like spaces) in the data - they are all
numeric).  The only issue is the last group of cells - the final balance will
not show unless there is a 'dummy' value in column A in the cell below the
last range (where the next group would start).  This 'dummy' value can be a
space so no one sees it.

Assuming you have headers in row 1, and data starts in cell A2, put this in
cell F2:
=IF(ISBLANK(A2),F1+SUM(B2:D2),SUM(A2:D2))
Then put this in cell G2:
=IF(ISBLANK(A3),"",F2)

Drag these down the columns.  You can hide column F and column G will have
what you want.

--
Daryl S

"pol" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive me the same question is posting again.  I have the following
> excel  . I want to get a cumilative balance as follows.
>            A              B          C          D         E(Cum.bal)
> 1      10
> 2                       -3.5
> 3                       -1.5
> 4                                     -3         -2              0.00
> 5      20
> 6
> 7                                   -10
> 8                                   -10                          0.00
>
> Please help to get the balance n column E. The balance have to findout
> just before the blank column end in A range.
>
> Please help
> With thanks and regards
> Pol

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Pcket version of Money 2004 shows incorrect balance
I have Money 2004 on myu desktop computer and it works fine. I installed the Pocket PC version on an iPAQ 3955 running Windows Mobile (2003) and when it syncs with the computer, the PPC version of Money shows a different balance then the desktop. What's up with this and how do I fix it? Thanks, Mark ...

different figures on the detailed trial balances
Hello: When I print off a Detailed Trial Balance for the Notes Payable account for the year 2007, I receive a different ending balance from printing the same report with a date that includes all activity for the history of the account (in this case I used 1/1/2000). Do you know why the ending balances are different? A balance sheet account should be cumulative from period to period/year to year. Both are detailed trail balance reports, just with a different date range…one included only 2007 activity and the other included all activity since 2000. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

how to transfer an A/R balance from one account to another
We've been operating with one set of A/R accounts. Now our company has 4 profit centres and the-powers-that-be want an A/R report for each profit centre. Fair enough. So we set up Parent-Child accounts. The problem is that there are many accounts in the 'old' A/R with balances. Is there a nice simple way of transferring - or balance forwarding - amounts from the 'old A/R to one or more of the 4 profit centres? I see via "HELP" that I can balance forward for the new accounts, but that still leaves the 'old' A/R accounts with balances that need to b...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

GP 8.0 Not Print Full Report (Detailed Aged Trial Balance w Option
Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before. When printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely output to the printer. It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to the printer the full report is not output. To make it more interesting, the cutoff page seems to be random. As an example, the most recent report I attempted to print was 195 pages. The first time attempting to print it resulted in 137 pages being printed. Trying a second time resulted in 193 pages begin printed. A third attempt resulted in 34 pages be...