Title bar.

I have opened a workbook and the title appears to me like below:

Microsoft Excel <nomefile> [Gruppo]

I'm using the italian version of Excel and I think that the english one
would report

Microsoft Excel <nomefile> [Group]

Does anyone know what "[Gruppo]" means?

Thanks a lot.

alex.

It means that at least two of your worksheets are grouped.

Almost everything you do to one, you do to the other--so be very careful in this
mode!

You can rightclick on any of the grouped worksheet tabs and select "ungroup
sheets" (then save the workbook????)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

0
pippo8763 (7)

Delete function on tool bar missing
I have no access to delete a read e-mail in the in-box, the "X" is greyed out. Can anyone tell me what settings i need to correct in order to get this function What happens if you press the Delete key? Fladams wrote: > I have no access to delete a read e-mail in the in-box, the "X" is greyed > out. Can anyone tell me what settings i need to correct in order to get this > function I tried the delete key and the ctrl d function. I did notice that if i open up the e-mail on full page the option is available on the tool bar. It must be a set...

Lost Menu Bar.
Hi there, I have lost my wooksheet menu bar in EXCEL. Even after reinstializing MS office it does not appear. Any idea how to restore it back. rgds Mdalvi. H Mdalvi! Use: ALT + F11 to open visual basic editor. View>Immediate Window. With the cursor in the Immediate Window type: Application.CommandBars(1).Reset Press Enter ALT + F11 to go back to Excel to see if the Worksheet Menu Bar is visible. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. &qu...

title bar
Excel 2000 Is there a way of changing the contents of the Title bar so Microsoft Excel is not part of the bar? I am doing a special workbook for our company and we want just our company name at the top. Thanks Hi Greg, In the ThisWorkbook module of the special workbook paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.Caption = "My Company Name" <<=== CHANGE End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.Caption = "" End Sub This will apply the custom title bar text when the special workbook is the active workbook and will restore th...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

Bar codes - New User
I am ramping up on our first installation of RMS. I have a specialty store (comic books, toys, etc.) and there are some items that do not have barc odes. I currently use an LP2844 for all of our shipping labels and have been extremely happy with it. Staying with the same brand, it would seem that the LP2824 is the model of choice. Does anyone have any experience with this printer and would the be willing to offer any advice? I would like to get up and running with RMS and have started to get our bar codes printed by then. -Andy Wood GamersCircle Comics andy@gamerscircle.net I have used ...

The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!
I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either. Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Nicole, Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change the font size. You still get the borders...

Repositining Title on Title Page of Outline
I want to reposition the Title and subtitle, higher on the Title page. The Page Setup/Layout is alreadyin Vertical alignment, and I do not use "blank lines". Once I indicated which line was the Title and which line was the Subtitle, Word placed the Title and Subtitle one inch below the top margin. How can I move the Title and Subtitle higher on the page? Click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and look for empty paragraphs above your title. Also check the formatting of the paragraph for space before it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

row-based Bar Chart: How to make bars colorful?
I have a Bar Chart based on a single row. Each bar represents a value in a cell in that row. When I mouseover a bar they all show same series name (row) but different points (columns). All bars are same color. How do I make colors different when it is all one series? When I change color for that series, all bars switch to selected color... Thank you Hi, Two ways. Change the series to be plotted by Columns. Right click chart and pick Source Data. On the Data Range tab select Series In: Columns. This will make each data point a series. The other way is the select the series and on the...

DOS window title..
Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window title.. I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to display opened file name. Thanks. Bob SetConsoleTitle "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:SF_fd.88$op3.2555@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window > title.. > I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to > display opened file name. Thanks. Bob > > Thanks River, can you give a bit more detailed usage of SetC...

title
How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? In the File menu go into Page Setup, then click on the Sheet tab. In Print Titles select the row you want to repeat. Key in 1:1 if you want the first row. 2:2 for second row. 1:2 for first and second row. -- Regards, Martin "lbierer" wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? lbierer wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? File> Page setup > Sheet look for rows to repeat at the top. Click in that box the click o...

Label on Bar Chart
I want to add a text box at the top of each bar with additional information about the bar. 1) is there an easy way to do this beside creating individual text boxes and 2) when I do created individual text boxes and print to a PDF I loose everthing in the textbox. Thanks! Try one of these free Excel add-ins, which allow you to apply text from a worksheet range to the datalabels in a plotted series: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutor...

Chart With One Series Bars and Two Series of Lines
I am trying to create a chart where weekly sales for 04 are represented by bars and sales for 03 and running averages are represented by lines. There seem to be many options for two bars with one line, but not the other way around. Any ideas? I tried customizing, but couldn't find a way to change bars to lines. Thanks! Brian - Forget the built in custom charts, make your own. Make your chart with three line series, then right click on the 04 weekly sales series, select Chart Type from the pop up menu, and choose a column type for that series only. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Page Titles
How do I put a title on a page that may take up several cells without having to widen a cell? Hi Select the cell and some adjancet cells. Goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and choose as horizontal format 'Center across selection' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Linda wrote: > How do I put a title on a page that may take up several > cells without having to widen a cell? ...

vertical scale on both ends of bar chart
How can I put the vertical (y) axis scale on both ends of a bar chart? I tried putting one of the series on the secondary axis, but that just plots the secondary axis series on top of the primary axis data and in the center of the chart. Using Select Data Source the secondary axis series would not move either up or down. When you make a column chart the y-axis is generally to the left of the plot area. If you add a seconday axis it noramlly goes to the right of the plot area. It sounds as if you have adjusted the axis to be somewhere else. Try making a new chart best wishes -- www.stf...

How do I center the title of a document?
In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line and type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I typed. I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. Please help. On Mar 29, 3:54=A0pm, Marain <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line an= d > type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I > typed. =A0I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. =A0Please help. There is a little icon on the taskbar or ribbon) - th...

Icon in Menu Bar
I am trying to use a VBA program to place a Icon in the Menu Bar. Used Recorder and copyed into a macro, which place an invisiable incon in the Menu Bar. Would like to see the Icon to, be a happy face with text or just text. Can you help me? Gordon Example code: Sub AddBtn() 'Temporary parameter will cause it to delete on closing Excel. 'Remove "(Temporary:=True)" to make permanent. Can still delete as normal. With Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Temporary:=True) .FaceId = 107 'use 59 for happy face .Caption = "Update" .TooltipText = &q...

combining stacked with side-by-side bar
I need a graph which has a combination of horizontal bars (could do vertical as well, though doubt it matters for whether this can be done), where for each series, one of the bars is a stacked, two data point bar, and the one NEXT to it is a single data point. In other words, I have the following data: Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 EuropeA EuropeB US A US B There are more types, but this is the example. I need Type 1 to be 2 bars, one with a stack of Europe A and B, and next to it, a stack of US A and B. Then I need Type 2 as the next category to show two similar side-...

how do i get my name and title and address as my signature
How do I insert my signature using Outlook? What option do I use? In Outlook 2003 (same in other versions I think), Tools>Options>Mail Format tab>Signatures section at the bottom. HTH Mark "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AC9A140-56A1-4BD0-A6A1-A9E2D4D328FD@microsoft.com... > How do I insert my signature using Outlook? What option do I use? ...

How to draw custom text on Title bar like "Send Feedback" on windows 7 beta
I want to draw some text on the windows title bar in Windows 7. I was put the drawing text code on the WM_NCPAINT and WM_NCACTIVATE handler. It's activeted when I don't use windows 7 theme. How to draw custom text on Title bar like "Send Feedback" on windows 7 beta. I don't want button style or hyperlink. I want only text. You need to say more about this. generally, this is handled by subclassing the MDI child frame and clearing the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag in the styles; this allows you to SetWindowText anything you want any time you want, but if you DON'T S...

menu bar missing
One of my workers has Outlook XP. There is no menu bar. When I look in the customize dialog box the menu bar check box is checked. I can't seem to find anything in the KB. Any ideas? Thanks Fay search for outcmd.dat and delete it and open outlook backup and see what happens. "Fay Yocum" <fyocum@REMOVEix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:%23IrsLUYLEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > One of my workers has Outlook XP. There is no menu bar. When I look in the > customize dialog box the menu bar check box is checked. I can't seem to find > anything in the KB. An...

Dockable tool bars with scrollbars if larger than parent frame
My VC++6 MFC MDI application has a dockable toolbar with 7 or 8 buttons that are added to it on startup. Trouble is, when the toolbar is docked, the application can be sized such that some of the toolbar buttons are clipped. I want to be able to dynamically add another couple of thin buttons with forward / back symbols (I can se problems here with verticle / horizontal docking), or possibly a scrollbar running along the bottom / down the side of the toolbar so that the user can get to these hidden buttons. Its been suggested that I try using CReBar or CControlBar. I can't use CReBar as it...

Titles
I am totally unfamiliar with Excel, but I have been trying to do som work in the program and came to a halt. I need to know how to take th title page from page 1 and put in page 2. This is from information on sheet on. How do I put the same title on another page -- Carl A. Thom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Carl A. Thomp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27002 Carl For printing purposes...... File>Page Setup>Sheet. "...

Menu Bar #2
I have lost my menu bar - how can I restore it Try the XLB File fix: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "mtvlgl" <mtvlgl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FCD3174-7F45-4C7F-A17A-732383039F8F@microsoft.com... >I have lost my menu bar - how can I restore it Can you still see your main tool bar? If you can, select VIEW, then TOOLBARS and tick the toolbars you want to display. Tool bars , when they are docked (fixed in position at top, bottom or sides of screen) can be mo...

How can I change the title by a check box?
I have a pre-made form, and I it has a check box with the title "trade for service" next to it. I need to change that title, and can not get to the cell to change that. The sheet is unprotected, but I can not change it. Hi! The title is part of the checkbox. Depending on what type of checkbox it is dictates how to change the title. If it's from the Forms toolbar: Right click the checkbox. A menu will appear. Select Edit Text. If it's from the Control Toolbox: Right click on the checkbox A menu will appear. Select Properties. Look for Caption in the left column. Ent...

Formulas in Chart Titles Axis Titles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there way to have Chart Titles and Axis Titles have formulas that calculate the resultant text? robbbo - As far as I know, the appropriate method is to have the formula (that constructs the text) in a worksheet cell so that the title is a reference to a single cell. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <robbbo@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb8c23.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there way to have Char...