Time Conversion question

One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format.
16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds.  I need a formula to convert this figure
to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed
previously).

Any help will be much appreciated.

=INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)*5/300

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format.
> 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds.  I need a formula to convert this
figure
> to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed
> previously).
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

0
innocent (844)
7/21/2005 7:37:59 PM
Sean,

if the format is always the same then try:

=INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)/100

--
HTH

Sandy
sandymann@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format.
> 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds.  I need a formula to convert this
> figure
> to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed
> previously).
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

0
sandymann2 (1054)
7/21/2005 7:42:02 PM
What I really meant of course was:

=INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)/60

--
HTH

Sandy
sandymann@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format.
> 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds.  I need a formula to convert this
> figure
> to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed
> previously).
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

0
sandymann2 (1054)
7/21/2005 7:43:46 PM
Sean Skallerud wrote:
> One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format.
> 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds.  I need a formula to convert this figure
> to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed
> previously).
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

One approach:

[ ] = int(a1/100) + 100*(A1/100 - int(A1/100))/60

Bill
0
wylie836 (251)

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

Question about web service
I have to decide on the appropriate wire protocoal to use when designing an XML web service. the web service i have developed will be deployed inside the corporate firewall, while the clients will be located on both sides of the perimeter. But no additional ports can be opened in the firewall configuration to allow windows to windows native communication. any suhhest the protocols to be used in this application? thx Most web services are handled over http (port 80). Is there a reason you might want to use something else? As a general rule, web services should be platform independent from...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Microsoft Word Question
Hi all, I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could tell me which group I should post in? On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be able to do in earlier Word versions. Would anyone be able to help please? Mick Cant. "Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:JfqdnRfHApyrTBDUnZ2dnUVZ8tqdnZ2d@brightview.com... > Hi all, > I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone cou...

URGENT: Conversion of Access97 to Access2000 under WinXP professional
Dear readers I have a big problem. I have an application created with Access97 (greek edition) under Windows98 SE (greek edition). I tried to convert it in Access2000 (greek edition) under Windows XP Professional (NOT greek). I opened the application (and it works) but I can not see greek characters no matter which font I used. Yes I can see and write in greek in new databases or in Excel or in Word or in Powerpoint only in the converted database the already written data (all in greek) are shown in an extraterrestrial language. Please help!!! Margaritis Paktitis ...

OWA question #2
We currently use OWA 2000 at my office for some remote users as well as some internal users. I'm having trouble getting access to some of the users (can't get the domain\username right). I've changed my settings to Basic authentication which I'm running on our SSL site. I also changed the Basic Authenticaion Domain to ours. But my real concern is the security of it all. Is that secure enough? Thanks for any help you are able to provide Will "Auddog" <will_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23faF$0c6DHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We currently ...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

newbie Transform question
I'm using the transform to output XMLSS (for Excel) and it is working very well. I notice that the output is one long XML stream with no whitespace or carriage returns etc. Is there a way to have the XML that is output "formatted" so that it is a bit more human-readable? I would like to find a quick and easy solution, as opposed to adding special tags everywhere in the XSLT where I would like whitespace generated. Thanks in advance... <xsl:stylesheet ....> <xsl:output indent="yes"/> ..... </xsl:stylesheet> indent : Specifies additional white s...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Simple VBA Question
I'm new at VBA, so this should be an easy question for you. What VBA method/statement would I use to bring data from one excel spreadsheet to another. Example: I have a worksheet (C:\ TempReport.xls) On the open event of the current worksheet I want to copy the entire worksheet in TempReport and bring it over to my current worksheet. I know how to do this on by creating a macro, but is there a way to do this without opening the user interface and copying and pasting? A way that does it all in the background? Thanks. One way: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const SOUR...

Newbie question on Lookup error
Using Excel 2003. A2 = L A3 = M A4 = H B2 = 1 B3 = 0 B4 = -1 A2 though B4 named as Table Data is in column D, starting at D2 I am using =Lookup(D2,Table), D3 etc. Data returs properly in D2 and D3 but in D4 I get the dreaded #N/A no matter how I change the structure and data. Any help appreciated. Thanks, James What's in D2, D3, and D4? My guess is that the error is occurring due to the lookup range not being in alphabetical order. You my try a combonation of Indirect and Match as an alternative. =INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(D2,$A$2:$A$4,0)+1) HTH, Paul -- "Dasin&...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

Public Folders
Hello all, This was a conversion from SBS2000 to Exchange 2003. the email came across fine. thats not the problem. There is a calendar kept in a public folder. One person keeps it up - its the schedule for the building. Any item on that calendar which existed pre-conversion can not be modified, updated or deleted. Items which are placed into the calendar post conversion are fine, we can change and delete at will. we tried this as the system administrator and have given ourselves all rights in exchange, with no difference. Totally clueless why we can't operate on anything that was con...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Activity default due time
I need to stop the default coming up as 12:00am and set it to something like 9am so people get reminders at reasonable times. How can this be done? thanks Adrian Adrian, If you don't mind writing a few lines of code, look at "Setting a default time in a date field" in Client Side Scripting - More JavaScript Code - Part 3 (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12). -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The ...

Time / Negative Time
Hi, If, for instance, in Excel you write 17:00 - 16:30, it will produc 0:30. However, 16:30 - 17:00 will produce #####, understandibly because you cannot have - ? o'clock. By formatting this to a number can produce -0.5. What if I still want to represent the decimal, but out of 60, so that can still get -0.30. I have tried messing about with fractions and still can't get it. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:33:58 -0500, Kiaat <<Kiaat.167uek@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi, > >If, for insta...

Business Portal- Functionality Questions
Is T&E for BP linked to Project Accounting, PDK or both? How is the link formed between the modules? Is there a checklist of setup tasks available for Time and Expense for Business Portal? T&E is tied to Project Accounting, as is PDK. Prior to 9, you had to use PDK to approve the time entered via Bus Portal. Very odd design. With version 9, you enter and approve time via Bus Portal. You can use PDK, too, but all the data entry and approvals are done within PDK. Try the link for the T&E Administrator's guide. http://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/public/BP30Docs/BP_TimeEx...