time cell Highlight

how do i make a time cell that is behind Real time of less than
minutes be highlighted

i know how to use conditional formating but i dont know how to inpu
information in time

ie: A1= Real time 17:35

B1=17:33
B2=17:25
B3=17:18

in this case i need cell B1 to be highlighted which is behing Real tim
(A1) of less than 5 minutes............

--
Pivotren
Pivotrend's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=406

Hi
use a formula in the conditional format such as
=(B1>=NOW()-TIME(0,5,0))*(B1<NOW())

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Pivotrend" <Pivotrend.1eqz5z@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:Pivotrend.1eqz5z@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4062
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

I want to randomly fill an array of cells with values from a list I create
I have a column of with 4,500 cells. I want the number in the cells to be randomly picked from a list of 2 choices, all predefined (20,27,40,54....296). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com We probably need a little more information. What's in the 4500 cells? What do you mean by "predefined? What do you mean by "I want the number in the cells to be . . . picked"---"picked" by what? Alan Beban shadestreet < wrote: > I have a column of with 4,500 cells. > > I want the number in the cells to be ...

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

Need help updating 1 cell from other cells in same column
Hi and thanks in advanced for your attention. I am trying to do the following: Have cell B12 be updated everyday automatically from 1 different cell when data is found on those cells. Those cells contain a formula that sums 3 cells in one same row. The total is of course put on those cells (B16 - B35). To specify more on this problem let me give in that: B16 represents the money earned on February 1st. B17 represents the money earned on February 2nd B18 the same for Feb. 3rd. and so on. That data is only entered once per day. I tried link B12 to the value on those cells, but ...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Activating cell in a file
In Excel 5 I could use Ctrl K and that would take me to the part of the file that was named K. Is there a simple system like this in Excel 2002? Any suggestions would be appreciated, Roger Hi Roger, F5 function key | Select a named range \ OK --- Regards, Norman "Roger" <rb10@canada.com> wrote in message news:OSldACpgFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > In Excel 5 I could use Ctrl K and that would take me to the part of the > file that was named K. Is there a simple system like this in Excel 2002? > > Any suggestions would be appreciated, > >...

Cell borders
Hi, In Publiser 2007 it was possible to have dashed or dotted lines as cell borders. This was acheived by using a patern for the line colour, e.g. a pattern of vertical lines would give a dotted horizontal cell border. In Publisher 2010 the option to have a pattern for the line colour on a cell border is no longer there. Can anyone suggest a way to acheive dotted cell borders? Microsoft - is there a reason this functionality was removed, can we have it back please? Otherwise nice work, I'm hearing good feedback from the people testing 2010. Thanks, Tim You ca...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

Generating an RGB color spectrum based on cell values (XL03)
I have a (26 x 60+) grid of values . I need to be able to visually identify repeat values, so I'm looping through the cells and assigning a color based on the value. To be as efficient as possible, I decided to use the cell value to drive the color code directly; I don't care what number gets what color, as long as adjacent numbers don't get the same (or similar) color. The grid values range from 1 to 80 (integers). Adjacent cells are very likely to have adjacent values (e.g. 1 and 2, 2, and 3) up to a spread of about 4 (or so) at one corner of the grid. A ...

Activity default due time
I need to stop the default coming up as 12:00am and set it to something like 9am so people get reminders at reasonable times. How can this be done? thanks Adrian Adrian, If you don't mind writing a few lines of code, look at "Setting a default time in a date field" in Client Side Scripting - More JavaScript Code - Part 3 (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12). -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The ...

Copy cell formula returns zero instead of cell value
Excel 2007: Example Sheet1 - Cell A1 =3D ABC123 (formatted General) Sheet2 - Cell B2 has formula =3D'Sheet1'!A1 (formatted General) The result of the formula in B2 is 0 instead of ABC123. I've tried changin= g the format of both the source cell and the destination cell with no succe= ss. The result is either 0 or the formula string "=3D'Sheet1'!A1". This s= hould be so simple. I've been using Excel for decades and have never had t= his problem. What am I doing wrong?! Thanks in advance for your help. In 2007 ABC123 is a cell reference. Are you sure yo...

round off a cell
I have cells that contain times. Is there a way to format the cell to round the time to the nearest 15 minutes? Mike Hi Mike try =ROUND(A1*4*24,0)/(4*24) Frank Mike wrote: > I have cells that contain times. Is there a way to format the cell > to round the time to the nearest 15 minutes? > > Mike ...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Time / Negative Time
Hi, If, for instance, in Excel you write 17:00 - 16:30, it will produc 0:30. However, 16:30 - 17:00 will produce #####, understandibly because you cannot have - ? o'clock. By formatting this to a number can produce -0.5. What if I still want to represent the decimal, but out of 60, so that can still get -0.30. I have tried messing about with fractions and still can't get it. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:33:58 -0500, Kiaat <<Kiaat.167uek@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi, > >If, for insta...

How Can I Know last time was activity on a database
I'm doing a process that uses databases from sys.databases. I would like to know when is the last time happened some activity there. (insert, update) I've tryed to look at sys.tables but only shows me last structural change on it. Not last time data has changed. How this can be done? Carles Oriol SQL Server doesn't store this information (imagine the overhead for all those who doesn't need it). You can for instance use a trigger to keep track of that information. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sq...

How to Calulculate Hrs and Mins between time frames
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0293_01C68406.3D280160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If i have 2 cells with time values say: A1=3D7:30AM and B1=3D3:30PM. 7:30AM - 3:30PM set to NORMAL Hours 3:30PM - 6:30PM set to TIME & HALF Hours Any time after 6:30PM - 7:29AM to be DOUBLE TIME hours Then if i set 4 other cells for data input: A2=3D( DATE 1) 29/5/2009 Start date. B2=3D(Date 2) 29/5/2006 = Finish date. A3=3D(Time) 7:30AM Start Time. B2=3D (Time) 7:00PM =...

calculate time and date
I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23:59 =A2-A1 custom format [hh:mm] or for Norway [tt:mm] -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "make" <lage@tiscali.no> wrote in message news:2c61523.0503070721.2dacdd07@posting.google.com... > I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and > another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 > date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23...