tiled worksheets

Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am 
contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs. 

All suggestions are appreciated.
0
anonymous (74717)
6/28/2004 6:22:36 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

8 Replies
691 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

Hi rekoop

Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar


-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
>
> All suggestions are appreciated.


0
rondebruin (3789)
6/28/2004 6:26:12 PM
Thanks Ron,
but...
Does this only arrange open workbooks? I cannot seem to 
get it to work on worksheets within a workbook?  
I have not doubt I am missing something simple.

thanks,

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi rekoop
>
>Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
>
>
>-- 
>Regards Ron de Bruin
>http://www.rondebruin.nl
>
>
>"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
>> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
>>
>> All suggestions are appreciated.
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74717)
6/28/2004 6:54:45 PM
Hi

You can use window>New window to open a second(or more) view
of your workbook.


-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2208801c45d41$613076c0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks Ron,
> but...
> Does this only arrange open workbooks? I cannot seem to
> get it to work on worksheets within a workbook?
> I have not doubt I am missing something simple.
>
> thanks,
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi rekoop
> >
> >Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
> >
> >
> >-- 
> >Regards Ron de Bruin
> >http://www.rondebruin.nl
> >
> >
> >"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
> >> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
> >>
> >> All suggestions are appreciated.
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
rondebruin (3789)
6/28/2004 7:00:11 PM
Ron,

I think you're missing a step.

My workbook has multiple worksheets (represented by tabs 
at the bottom of the workbook).  I need to see ALL of the 
worksheets displayed on the screen.  When I do 
WINDOW/ARRANGE then click on TILED or VERTICAL or 
HORIZONTAL or CASCADE, only the current worksheet is 
displayed on the screen.  (Checking the "Windows of active 
workbook" box doesn't seem to do anything).

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi rekoop
>
>Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
>
>
>-- 
>Regards Ron de Bruin
>http://www.rondebruin.nl
>
>
>"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
>> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
>>
>> All suggestions are appreciated.
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74717)
6/28/2004 7:05:25 PM
You can use window>New window to open a second(or more) view
of your workbook.

-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2284501c45d42$deb783d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Ron,
>
> I think you're missing a step.
>
> My workbook has multiple worksheets (represented by tabs
> at the bottom of the workbook).  I need to see ALL of the
> worksheets displayed on the screen.  When I do
> WINDOW/ARRANGE then click on TILED or VERTICAL or
> HORIZONTAL or CASCADE, only the current worksheet is
> displayed on the screen.  (Checking the "Windows of active
> workbook" box doesn't seem to do anything).
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi rekoop
> >
> >Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
> >
> >
> >-- 
> >Regards Ron de Bruin
> >http://www.rondebruin.nl
> >
> >
> >"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
> >> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
> >>
> >> All suggestions are appreciated.
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
rondebruin (3789)
6/28/2004 7:10:53 PM
Ron,

Please read the previous posting by "re-koop".

             Gary




>-----Original Message-----
>You can use window>New window to open a second(or more) 
view
>of your workbook.
>
>-- 
>Regards Ron de Bruin
>http://www.rondebruin.nl
>
>
>"gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:2284501c45d42$deb783d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> Ron,
>>
>> I think you're missing a step.
>>
>> My workbook has multiple worksheets (represented by tabs
>> at the bottom of the workbook).  I need to see ALL of 
the
>> worksheets displayed on the screen.  When I do
>> WINDOW/ARRANGE then click on TILED or VERTICAL or
>> HORIZONTAL or CASCADE, only the current worksheet is
>> displayed on the screen.  (Checking the "Windows of 
active
>> workbook" box doesn't seem to do anything).
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Hi rekoop
>> >
>> >Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
>> >
>> >
>> >-- 
>> >Regards Ron de Bruin
>> >http://www.rondebruin.nl
>> >
>> >
>> >"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> >> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
>> >> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
>> >>
>> >> All suggestions are appreciated.
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74717)
6/28/2004 7:15:20 PM
Thank-you very much!

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi
>
>You can use window>New window to open a second(or more) 
view
>of your workbook.
>
>
>-- 
>Regards Ron de Bruin
>http://www.rondebruin.nl
>
>
>"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:2208801c45d41$613076c0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Thanks Ron,
>> but...
>> Does this only arrange open workbooks? I cannot seem to
>> get it to work on worksheets within a workbook?
>> I have not doubt I am missing something simple.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Hi rekoop
>> >
>> >Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
>> >
>> >
>> >-- 
>> >Regards Ron de Bruin
>> >http://www.rondebruin.nl
>> >
>> >
>> >"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
in
>> message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> >> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
>> >> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the 
tabs.
>> >>
>> >> All suggestions are appreciated.
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74717)
6/28/2004 7:21:18 PM
I did<g>

-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"GARY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2257a01c45d44$41346a90$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Ron,
>
> Please read the previous posting by "re-koop".
>
>              Gary
>
>
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >You can use window>New window to open a second(or more)
> view
> >of your workbook.
> >
> >-- 
> >Regards Ron de Bruin
> >http://www.rondebruin.nl
> >
> >
> >"gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:2284501c45d42$deb783d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Ron,
> >>
> >> I think you're missing a step.
> >>
> >> My workbook has multiple worksheets (represented by tabs
> >> at the bottom of the workbook).  I need to see ALL of
> the
> >> worksheets displayed on the screen.  When I do
> >> WINDOW/ARRANGE then click on TILED or VERTICAL or
> >> HORIZONTAL or CASCADE, only the current worksheet is
> >> displayed on the screen.  (Checking the "Windows of
> active
> >> workbook" box doesn't seem to do anything).
> >>
> >> >-----Original Message-----
> >> >Hi rekoop
> >> >
> >> >Window >Arrange in the Menu Bar
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >-- 
> >> >Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> >http://www.rondebruin.nl
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >"rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:2205601c45d3c$e340eb40$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> >> Can I tile the worksheets in my workbook? I am
> >> >> contstantly "flipping" back and forth using the tabs.
> >> >>
> >> >> All suggestions are appreciated.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >.
> >> >
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
rondebruin (3789)
6/28/2004 7:30:24 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Copy Worksheet 2 into Worksheet 1??
I have created an Excel workbook document with many worksheets.......I would like to have the entire contents of worksheet 2 added to the bottom of worksheet 1............if I copy or cut the contents of Worksheet 2 and paste it onto the bottom of worksheet 1, the pasted data falls into the cell formats that are defined on worksheet 1............Is there some way I can either embed or link something to something else to get this done, or, is a feature available to create a "breakoff point" in the worksheet that allows anything below it to have its own cell formatting separately from ...

Data range in Array worksheets
Hi, After several attempts to work around but fails to run the complete codes Thus, I need help to join the 2nd part of vba codes below so that I can make the changes in each sheet("P+L") of every workbook in J folder, thereafter make the defined data range in each sheet of every workbook in that J folder for data consolidation purpose : - Sub Totals() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Const MAXBOOK As Long = 4 Dim i%, SheetArg$() Dim sPath1 As String ReDim SheetArg(1 To MAX...

Auto renaming of Worksheets?
What I want to do is set up a Workbook with Sheets N01 - N30, and have an index Sheet such that when N01 in the index is overtyped with 'Fred' Worksheet N01 is renamend 'Fred'. This way I can set up formulae etc which will auto update as and when Sheet names are updated. Is this possible? An earlier reply by Bondi (Thanks Bondi) pointed to http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/variable-worksheet-names.htm, but either I'm not reading this right or it's not quite what I need. TIA. Chris. If you used the macro I provided to get an index and you had a title in row 1 th...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

Worksheet reference behaving funny
I am trying to perform a simulation in Excel using two different scenarios each stored in a separate worksheet in the same workbook. To combine the scenarios which have a certain probability of occurrence I use a third worksheet as follows. RN: Either 0 (0.25) or 1 (0.75) A: = IF(RN = 0,ScenarioA!Cell,0) B: = IF(RN = 1,ScenarioB!Cell,0) SUM: = SUM(A,B) For some reason beyond my understanding Excel doesn't recognize the cell reference in cell B, it calls me to update values manually each time through a dialogue box and when I don't the cell displays #REF! error. Cell A works fine....

why does named range only show up on some worksheets?
XL 2003, SP2 The title about sums it up. On sheet A I create a range Resource_List. I can access the range, it shows up when I hit F3, etc. If I move over to another worksheet and hit F3 it is not listed. It seems some ranges are "universal" and others I create only live with the sheet whence they were created. This seems bizzaro to me. Especially when the range used to show up everywhere. Any ideas on how to get these things to work ubiquitously? I did add a DB query to drop data into the area of the range. Seems like it hasn't worked since then. Could the query ...

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

sending emails from worksheet
I have Excel 2000 and have a worksheet with about 300 email addresses on it. I need to send an email to all those addresses. How do I do it without cutting and pasting into Outlook Express? Ta Nikwak ...

excel link to work can't get full worksheet
When either importing ole or pasting from an Excel Woorkshhet into a Word doc, only get a portion of the worksheet to show, even if I "copy" the whole spreadsheet. How big is the spreadsheet you are trying to paste? "Tom" wrote: > When either importing ole or pasting from an Excel Woorkshhet into a Word > doc, only get a portion of the worksheet to show, even if I "copy" the whole > spreadsheet. > 158 rows by 5 columns....single spreadsheet/worksheet "FinRazel" wrote: > How big is the spreadsheet you are trying to paste? > ...

Cell References from old worksheet to new worksheet.
Let's say I have a workbook with 6 columns of data and 2 rows of data. (simplified for easier explanation) I want to, in a new spreadsheet, re-organize it so it's better formatted for printing. Here's what I want to do. For each existing row, I want to turn it into 2 rows on the new workbook. For example, In the new workbook, I want row 1 columns A-C in row 1 Columns A-C, and I want row 1 columns D-F in row 2 columns A-E. Then from the old workbook, I want the old row 2 to take up rows 3 & 4 in the new workbook. OLD: R1CA R1CB R1CC R1CD R1CE R1CF... R2CA ...

reference a chart from another worksheet witha hyperlink
Dear experts, would like to reference a chartsheet form another worksheet of the same workbook (to put an explanation of what each chart in the workbook does, put the name of the chart aside, on which you can click to go directly on that chart). I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this does not work for charts... Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance! Best regards, -- Valeria Valeria - You can't hyperlink to a chart sheet, as you've discovered. You can fake it with a simple macro, as described in the Charting FAQ: http...

Worksheet Not Appearing
When I double-click on an excel file, I can only see the title bar and where the worksheet area is, I see the desktop. If I start excel first and then open the same file, the entire excel screen appears. I updated the video and display drivers to no avail. Our company has over 100 workstations configured the same way and only 2 users are seeing this. And this is occurring only in excel. We are running XP SP2 and Office XP. I'm scratching my head over where to go from here. Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore oth...

Can I tile worksheets within a workbook, like one tiles workbooks.
It would often be very convenient to have two or more sheets from the same workbook displayed at the same time (tiled). One can do this with workbooks, but I cant seem to find a way to do it with worksheets within a workbook. Window>New window. Tile these and one set up with one sheet and one another. Two views of the same file. To close, close one window with the 'close' button, maximise the remaining one and save -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Tovarish_Dad" <Tovarish_Dad@discussions.mi...

Selecet worksheet to open
How can I open an excel file next time on selected predifend worksheet? I assume you mean a predefined workSHEET within a normally opened workbook. Just leave it on the required page and if you want also at the preferred position on the worksheet when you save and close that file/workbook. The important bit is the word SAVE. That is why you get asked to save or not to save when you have only viewed a worksheet and have maybe only changed the viewing position of the worksheet. Excel always opens a workbook exactly where you leave it providing you save otherwise of course it defaults back ...

How To Delete More Than One Graphic From A Worksheet
Is there a way to delete more than one graphic at a time from a worksheet? Picking one at a time is a pain if you have lots to delete. Robert P. Stearns... > Is there a way to delete more than one graphic at a time from a worksheet? > Picking one at a time is a pain if you have lots to delete. > > Robert, If they are shapes, then you can use the following: Sub DeleteShapes() Dim myShape As Shape For Each myShape In ActiveSheet.Shapes myShape.Delete Next End Sub If it doesn't work, find out what the graphic is, and then just modify the code to suit. Or come here and...

Drop down values relating to cells in next worksheet
Here goes, hope this makes sense! I have a worksheet that contains a questionnaire, which is filled in by choosing the reply from the drop down (Data/Validation) box, e.g. 'Strongly Agree', 'Disagree' etc. I need to be able to make these choices relate to my scoresheet in the next worksheet, so that when 'Strongly disagree' is chosen, a score of 10 is transferred to the related cell in the scoresheet. There are 4 choices - strongly disagree = 10, disagree = 9, agree = 1, strongly agree = 0. I haven't a clue how to do this, hope someone can help! Hi use v...

Worksheets within a worksheet?
I need to make a separate worksheet for each State, which I can do, but within each one of the State worksheets I need a separate worksheet for each month. So I can tab through the information for each month for each State. Essentially, when I click on a State, a new set of tabs labeled with the months starting with January appear and then I am able to scroll through each month's information for that particular State. Is this possible? No "ceemo33" <ceemo33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16642A8-7471-4AF1-9232-79D18F627A26@microsoft.com... : I need t...

Protecting Cells In A Worksheet
Have followed all the directions to protect certain cells in a worksheet. After unlocking the cells in the entire sheet I get the following dialogue box "Too many different cell formulas" and the cells don't get unlocked. Any suggestions?? -- Nicole You sure it says "formulas" and not "formats"? Maybe this KB Article will shed some light if "too many formats" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:05:01 -0800, Nicole <Nicole@discussions.microso...

Copy worksheet into current workbook
This is a new problem I'm having. In the past I've been able to copy worksheets into the existing workbook and am now getting the following error. Microsoft Visual Basic: File not found: 'C:\Docume~1\[computer name]\Locals~1\Temp\VB24.tmp This is only happening in particular workbooks, as I am able to copy worksheets in others. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! ...

tile window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) does anyone know how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx The closest you will come is Word>Window>Arrange All. Then fiddle them manually. Otherwise, you need an AppleScript: http://www.macosxhints.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=96187 Or a utility: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/windowtiles.html Cheers On 23/05/10 10:15 AM, in article 59bb8dd9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "aprilgsims@officeformac.com" <aprilgsims@officeformac.com> wrote: &...

XL Printing Extra Pages that are not part of worksheet
I have a user that when she prints more than 1 copy of a worksheet, she will get extra pages with "junk" printed out that isn't part of her document. Is there some setting that I am missing? It doesn't really affect her worksheet, we are just killing extra trees with the additional paper being used. ...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Changing tab color locks the worksheet
Below is the code where I am successfully changing the worksheet tab color under a certain conditon. However, after the tab is changed, I cannot navigate away from that spreadsheet to another one. It is as if it is locked. I watched the code as it ran and it ran thru "end sub". I am using VBA 6.5 and excel 2003. Any ideas? Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Debug.Print "order deactivate" Dim orderWS As Worksheet Dim tabRg As Range Set orderWS = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(activesheet) Set tabRg = orderWS.Range("F40") ' check if carrier has ...

Tiling inPublisher
I have a document and when I try to print it the page setup is 'tiled' and it prints on 4 different pages, how do I remove the tile page setup so that the document just prints out on one sheet? It is possible that you have created your document on a paper size that is not supported by your printer. Try changing your paper size to 8 1/2 by 11 and see if the print options are more to your liking. "Courtney" <Courtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF0281F6-C495-49FE-84C5-8F2C93445D02@microsoft.com... >I have a document and when I t...

How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles #2
-- Julia ...