thousand separator as indian style for negative number

hi every body

we in india to any number put comma as stated below

ie 15,13,10,565.00
fifteen crores thirteen lacs ten thousand five hundred sixty five only

00,00,00,000.00

but excel we have only thousand separator.it separates the number afte

every thousand.

can it possible in excel to formate number as per our style.
00,00,00,000.00 for both + and - numbers.

if possible
please guide me

kamlaka

--
kamlaka
kamlakar's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=328

Lookup a range of numbers
Hi, I have a table as follows: (Speed) (Dist) 64k 128k 256k 5 1000 1200 1500 10 1600 1700 1800 15 2000 2100 2200 I'd like to have a formula whereby if I key in a Distance of 4 and a speed of 256k, the active cell will show "1500". I tried to use sumproduct but seems like sumproduct can only be used if the Dist is exactly "5", "10", etc. The only alternative I can think of is to list out ALL the integers for Distance. But, is there an easier way? ...

count the number of caracters in a cell
How can I count the number of caracters including spaces in a microsoft excel worksheet See response in other thread in this newsgroup... In article <1E9BD85A-556F-444E-BFEA-92A4303D98F5@microsoft.com>, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I count the number of caracters including spaces in a microsoft excel > worksheet =len(a1) "Jan" escreveu: > How can I count the number of caracters including spaces in a microsoft excel > worksheet ...

Number of licenses?
How might I find the number of licenses I own when the MS Office 2003standard was purchased and preloaded on a Dell machine?Can I just use the product key from one computer MS Office to somehowdownload an MS Office copy to another computer?...

CHtmlView visualization style
I'm using a CHtmlView/ChtmlCtrl to view the content of folders. I'd like to change the way that these folders are shown: list/icon view, lateral menu with copy & paste,... shown or hidden, etc. How can I change the CHtmlView visualization options from within the application? Thanks in advance, Marc Soleda. List View Mode, SetForegroundWindow, and Class Protection(http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/03/CQA/)? http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/archive/2004/09/17/33756.aspx "Marc" <msoleda2001@yahoo.es> ??????:1115737383.074086.251570@o13g2000cwo.goo...

Numbers imported > then 15 digits
I'm importing data and one of my columns is 20 digit numbers, which can be text for my purposes. Excel is by default displaying them as (sample) 4.20043E+14 when the cell contains 420042784980703. I'de like to select th range of these cells and run a macro to convert them to text (display) as 420042784980703. If I manually press each on with the F2 key (entering edit mode) then simply pressing the enter key does it, But I have maybe 500 of these cells. How can I do this quickly? Tks In Advance.. If you're importing via File|open (or data|import external data), make sure you...

thousands comma separator in VBA
Hi I have variables defined in an Excel macro as Long, and I want them to return the value in a Word Report with thousand comma separators - is there a way of doing this please? Wendy Francis wfrancis@creativeconnections.co.uk Hi Wendy You can use FormatNumber() to format your variable before you produce your report. eg. YourVariable = FormatNumber(YourNum, , , , vbTrue) Regards Shaun -- ShaunM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ShaunM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18610 View this thread: http://www...

Conversion to thousands
thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Pre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pree's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26441 ...

reference number duplication by default
"When I enter a transaction in Great Plains eg a bank transaction, I enter a specific reference number, three times. Once in the document number field and twice in the distribution reference field, once on the debit side of the transaction and once on the credit side. I have spoken to the programmers and they advised me that further to certain programming being done, I will not have to enter this specific reference number three times, when I enter a transaction, be it a bank transaction, invoice in sales and Purchases ledger, pmt of invoices etc. " Is it possible to do that(GP v ...

Continuing Page Numbers with Section Breaks
I'm having a bit of a problem with Word 97, in particular page numbering. I have a document which someone else has setup and I have been working on, and it has several different sections, which means the page numbering facility is not working as it should. There are a few landscape sections which I believe is responsible for the problem, however I can't seem to find any way around getting continuing page numbering. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Just a small note, while I may be reasonably computer literate I am not a big fan of Word, so I m...

bug report: editing chicago style bibliography

Total number display in stacked charts
I have put together a stacked chart and have each section of it labeled with the appropriate value for it. I was wondering how to label above each bar on the chart its total amount of all sections. for example: bar 1 has a bottom section labeled 1570, middle labeled 185 and top section labeled 83. Without using a text box, how do I have the chart add the three sections to label 1838 above the bar to display the cumulative amount? Brianna - I show how to do this in my blog: Label Totals on Stacked Column Charts http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/label-totals-on-stacked-cha...

Rounding to thousands
What is the easiest way in Excel to take a forumula and round it to the nearest thousand? Thanks! Kathy Hi Kathy =ROUND(yourformula,-3) Regards JulieD "Kathy - Lovullo" <KathyLovullo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D79C54-EBC9-49BE-9647-E4F59EFCAEE8@microsoft.com... > What is the easiest way in Excel to take a forumula and round it to the > nearest thousand? > > Thanks! > Kathy =ROUND(A1,-3) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >What is the easiest way in Excel to take a forumula and round it to the >nearest...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

How to automatically number a new document(Invoice) when opening
I am trying to set up a template in Excel 2000 and would like to be able to automatically number each invoice as the template is 63opeed to a new document, can anyone tell me in basic terms if this is possible and how to do it please? take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html In article <B94119A1-E4D8-4214-B5B9-3663E003E52F@microsoft.com>, "Gilly" <Gilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up a template in Excel 2000 and would like to be able to > automatically number each invoice as the template is 63...

Separated data in one column to multiple columns
Howdy Excel experts, I have one big column of data, each chunk of values separated by a space of blank cells. I'd like to take all the data chunks and put them each in their own column, beginning at the top of the worksheet. Basically taking one long column of data and transforming it into a shorter, wider worksheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help! Use Data | Text to Columns best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <leenathan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151688672.527874.317430@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

Import Indian Rupees as a number format in Excel
How do i define a number format in excel for Indian Rupees. I didnt find it in the drop down menu list in the numbers format. Why is it any different from a normal number format? Describe the format you need to use, and I'm sure someone can help you. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Aditya Khandekar" <Aditya Khandekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:610E6879-9077-4C49-A14E-749E6B5576D5@microsoft.com... > How do i define a number format in excel for Indian Rupees. I didnt find > it > in the drop down menu list in the...

Investment balances show contributions as negative cash balance
Hi, I'm using Money 2006. When I downloaded transaction for the first time, Money added up all my cash contributions as a negative cash balance. This completely skews my portfolio view - in fact, it shows a negative cash balance worth more than all my investments... How can I solve this? I just started using Money and I don't have that much work put into it so far. I'd be willing to delete & re-upload accounts if I did something wrong initially. Most of those contributions are direct deposit from paycheck to 401(k) and never went through my bank account. A smaller...

Allow closing of AR fiscal period separate from "Sales"
Would like to have those posting cash receipts working in one period and those entering SOP invoices in another period without having both open at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsG...

round thousands
How do I make (=b4*b5) = $1,250,456.23 look like $1,250K ...? I want to just whack the end off and show the thousands. thanks =b4*b5/1000 format cell as desired Best wishes Harald "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:OMuNoo91IHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do I make (=b4*b5) = $1,250,456.23 look like $1,250K ...? > > I want to just whack the end off and show the thousands. > > thanks > On Jun 26, 3:15=A0pm, "shank" <sh...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > How do I make (=3Db4*b5) =3D $1,250,456.23 look like $1,250...

How do I stop rounding numbers?
I know the number stored in Excel is not rounded but the displayed number is. I am looking for a solution to display numbers as entered. It is an accounting form I am developing and displaying rounded numbers in the spreadsheet is confusing to the user. Please help. Thanks Jack Hi would increasing the number of decimal places visible to the user solve your problem? Cheers JulieD "Jfeeman" <Jfeeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D603409D-96B5-4FD1-9970-5496F7D70324@microsoft.com... >I know the number stored in Excel is not rounded but the displaye...

negative numbers in smartlists
When generating my items usage in a smartlist the quantity comes up xxxx-. Excel does not recognize this field as a number. Consequently, I can't do a calculation on this field in Excel. Is this a formatting that can be changed up front in GP? If not, is there an easy way to reformat the fields in Excel? Ok -- I have discovered that on at least 1 other person's workstation the number comes in as a number when running this smartlist. A GP formatting question? ...

Amount in Thousand ?
Hi there, I'm trying to configure a format which shows me amounts in thousand ? ,e.g. 12600? = 13 oder 11300?= 11 usw. Could somebody assist here please? Thanks much Mike Format/Cells/Number/Custom #, In article <#DDL5XAAGHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Maik Richter" <maik.richter@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm trying to configure a format which shows me amounts in thousand ? ,e.g. > 12600? = 13 oder 11300?= 11 usw. > > Could somebody assist here please? > > Thanks much > Mike Mike, Use the custom format 0, H...

Separating field information
I need some help. Can this be done with queries? Database has 13,000 records All records are identical except for the History Field that will contain one number 1, 2, 3, or 4 In a query that contains no records with a history of 2 select the records with a history of 1 but not 3 or 4. In a query that contains no records with a history of 1 select the records with a history of 2 but not 3 or 4. Thanks for your help. Marv Trott That is unclear to me. You must be leaving out some necessary detail, since the way I read your post all you need to do is apply criteria of =1 for t...

Goldmine Activity Conversion Negative Durations and Invalid Durati
Has anyone been able to code, through cleansing, a solution to these? We have tried and we will seem to be getting these errors when converting Activities into CRM 1.2. Goldmine seems to either generate or in some cases users put in (which we can't control) :61 times and negative durations. Any suggestions on coding the help fix this? Also in an earlier e-mail we have found some time differences as being 7 hours not the 8, which they should be when considering the time should convert to GMT. Thanks! Shauna Not the solution but are you writing code to import goldmine to crm. I ass...

Simple scatter style chart help
Hi, this may get the stupid post of the day award! But I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I am trying to create a simple chart. That will read from just two sets of data. for example: X Y A 210 5 B 350 7 C 422 10 D 100 3 E 127 6 F 499 1 So using the above data, I would like to create a chart that will place a single marker for where each of the points meet for A B C etc. When I try using scatter charts I get two points for each line (ie A, B etc) Thank for any help or direction regards Andy Hi, Create your xy-scatter chart using the chart wizard but only sele...