There should be a shortcut icon for "wrap text"

There is an icon for almost every other formatting function, and wrap text is
one I use continually, but there's no shortcut and it takes several steps
each time.
0
Lear (4)

Terri

You could put this code into your personal.xls and assign a shortcut key or
custom toolbar button to it, trhis will make it one-press

Sub WrapText()
Dim myCell As Range
For Each myCell In Selection
myCell.WrapText = True
Next myCell
End Sub

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Terri@Lear" <Terri@Lear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is an icon for almost every other formatting function, and wrap text
> is
> one I use continually, but there's no shortcut and it takes several steps
> each time.

I use this macro assigned to a button as Nick suggests.

Sub Wrap_Text()
    With Selection
        .WrapText = Not .WrapText
    End With
End Sub

Toggles wrap text on/off as you require.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:41:27 +0100, "Nick Hodge"
<nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> wrote:

>Terri
>
>You could put this code into your personal.xls and assign a shortcut key or
>custom toolbar button to it, trhis will make it one-press
>
>Sub WrapText()
>Dim myCell As Range
>For Each myCell In Selection
>myCell.WrapText = True
>Next myCell
>End Sub

0
Gord
4/14/2005 10:52:08 PM
Gord

Probably preferable to toggle...

--

>I use this macro assigned to a button as Nick suggests.
>
> Sub Wrap_Text()
>    With Selection
>        .WrapText = Not .WrapText
>    End With
> End Sub
>
> Toggles wrap text on/off as you require.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:41:27 +0100, "Nick Hodge"
> <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> wrote:
>
>>Terri
>>
>>You could put this code into your personal.xls and assign a shortcut key
>>or
>>custom toolbar button to it, trhis will make it one-press
>>
>>Sub WrapText()
>>Dim myCell As Range
>>For Each myCell In Selection
>>myCell.WrapText = True
>>Next myCell
>>End Sub

And one more option:

Sub Wrap_Text2()
    Selection.WrapText = not activecell.wraptext
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

That's just lazy ;-)

--

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> And one more option:
>
> Sub Wrap_Text2()
>    Selection.WrapText = not activecell.wraptext
> End Sub
>

> Terri@Lear wrote:
>>
>> There is an icon for almost every other formatting function, and wrap
>> text is
>> one I use continually, but there's no shortcut and it takes several steps
>> each time.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Sometimes I have to run it twice to get a larger range of cells set the way I
want--but it is easier than doing it cell by cell.  (lazy = a good thing!)
<vbg>

--

Dave Peterson
0

Wrap Text in cell not working
Hi, I am having a problem with Excel displaying "##########" in my cell, instead of the text I have entered. My text contains hyphens and "Alt-Enter" values to control line-breaks in the wrapped text. It works fine until I have more than 255 characters in the cell. Everything displays fine in the "formula" bar, but not in the spreadsheet. Does anyone here know if this is a problem Microsoft has fixed, or if there are any work-arounds for it? Thanks in advance. Dan Format that cell as General instead of Text. Dan Reichel wrote: > > Hi, > ...

how to create a toolbar button to set selected cells to wrap text
In Excel I frequently go to Format Cells, Alignment tab, then select check box to wrap (or not wrap) text. How can I create a toggle button I can put on my toolbar so I can wrap (not wrap) text for the selected cells with just the one mouse click? steve Sub Wrap_Text() With Selection .WrapText = Not .WrapText End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:19:02 -0800, steveguebert <steveguebert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel I frequently go to Format Cells, Alignment tab, then select check >box to wrap (or not wrap) text. How c...

HOW DO I WRAP TEXT
I can't figure out how to wrap text around an autoshape in WORD or PUBLISHER. HELP says to select the shape and select one of the text wrapping etc but doesn't say anything about where to type text. I've tried several ways but still can't do it. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but need help. I'm trying to wrap text around a circle Usually in Publisher it is simply bringing the autoshape to the front of the text box, the text will wrap around it as you type into the text box. Word doesn't have text boxes, if you select any wrap but inlin...

Shortcut for wrap text or vertical center in cell
Is there a keyboard shortcut for wrap text? how about centering data vertically in a cell? Have you considered assigning a short macro to the KB combination of i.e. <Ctrl>+<Shift>+W? Dennis "webbuzzard" wrote: > Is there a keyboard shortcut for wrap text? how about centering data > vertically in a cell? Buzz, Looking in Help for formatting shorcuts yielded nothing. You can roll your own, using the underlines. For wrap text, it's a bit long. Alt-o, e, a, Alt-w, Enter. For vertical centering, Alt-o, e, a, Alt-V, c, Enter. Or you could record a ma...

####### within a wrap text cell.
I have merged cells and wrap text (all text) and when gone back to the cell and added text, the cell display "##########" accross the merged cell and prints the same thing. What is happening and how can I fix it? cell isn't big enough... either make the font of that cell smaller, or increase the size. "OrlandoJayHu" wrote: > I have merged cells and wrap text (all text) and when gone back to the cell > and added text, the cell display "##########" accross the merged cell and > prints the same thing. What is happening and how can I fix it? Tr...

How do I wrap text in the legend key of a data table in a graph?
Is it possible to wrap text in the legend key of a data table within a graph? I don't know what you can do in a chart's data table. I generally make a table in a range on the worksheet. In the worksheet you can pretty much format everything however you like, and include or exclude data regardless of whether it's even in the chart. If the chart is embedded in the worksheet, use a range beside or below the chart for your table. If the chart is on its own chart sheet, make your table in any worksheet, then use the camera tool to place a dynamic picture of the table in the chart...

wrap text in merged cells in excel.
how do i wrap text in merged cells? autofit row or format cells to wrap does not seem to work. Take a look here http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 In article <C1D8E0F6-C576-4E29-BBCA-C8C007AAFFE8@microsoft.com>, mar <mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i wrap text in merged cells? autofit row or format cells to wrap does > not seem to work. ...

wrap text
hi gurus under the following I need help. I am trying to type the following set under task name in just one field but the shift->enter does not work , so I need help the first line here and then: A. the bullet here B. the bullet here C. the bullet here can I get soem help making this happen -- guaro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guaro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219556.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1336460.htm http://forums.techarena.in As far as I ...

Wrap text and row autofit
Hello, If Wrap text is enabled for a cell, the row autofit function works properly. But if I merge 2 or more cells in a row, then autofit doesn't work. It sets itself to the height of 1 row even if the contents require more than 1 row's height. Pls help. Note: Excel 2003 version. thanks, GK GK Rows with Merged cells will not Autofit. Just one of many problems with merged cells. You need VBA code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As ...

Wrap text around certain section/paragraph
Hi, I have a paragraph and a table on a page. I want to wrap all text around that certain page. That is no matter what happens, that one paragraph and the table underneath it should stay on page 16!!! I have searched for 2 hours already... cant find solution You can't wrap text around an entire page. Anything that is text-wrapped must be anchored to a text paragraph. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "VBforlifeYO" <VBforlifeYO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B...

Does Excel 2003 have a shortcut command to wrap text in a cell?
When cells in a spreadsheet are populated with text, is there a shortcut command that can be added to the toolbar for 'wrap text'? Also, when there is a long text string entered in a cell, it appears across multiple [blank] cells in that row automatically. If this is a formatting feature, how/where can I access this option? There is no specific button for that command, but you can either add the Cells... button or create a simple that can be attached to a custom button. The long text issue, I believe, is normally considered a feature that allows longer labels to be fully dis...

serious bug wrap text + conditional format
Hi, I have a serious bug to report in an excel file Changing the format to wrap - in one cell only - saving - open again - BANG. Excel "try to repair the file... and I am left naked ! - no more format - no more vba macros - no more formula - ... nothing Aaaaahhhrghhhh ! Two full days of work... and I have the autosave on... How can I post the file to give it as a (BAD) exemple ? and possibly get a fix ? File description: - one column has a data validation pull down menu taken from a named list + a conditional format to set the cell in red if the value chosen is out of the list - the...

Can I wrap text in tasks?
Is it possible to have Outlook 2000 wrap the text that is in the Task Pad? I see where I can change the width of the columns, but want I need is an option for the Task Rows which will allow me to wrap the task subject cell. I know that if I type text into the body of the New Task, that it will widen the task to allow room for the note text entry, but when I print the view, that goes away and I am once again stuck with only the subject of the task. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cindi No Outlook table views wrap. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook...

Why doesn't wrap text function work?
After about 1125 characters in a cell, the wrap text function stops working. Why? Is it repairable? Is it just me or everyone? Excel 2003 Hi 1024 characters is the limit. You may enter some manual linebreaks with aLT+ENTER in this cell "Curious" wrote: > After about 1125 characters in a cell, the wrap text function stops working. > Why? Is it repairable? > Is it just me or everyone? > Excel 2003 And it's not just you, it's everybody. Depending on what you need this for, you may want to consider using a table in MSWord. The additional benefits of getting t...

Wrap text and templates
I created a template that had some columns with wrap text turned on. When I save the document as a template and tried to enter data in worksheets based on the template, the row height would not change to show all of the text. Even though I turned on wrap text again (formatting palette, alignment&spacing, wrap text) and changed cells to general again, the text would not show. The text wrapped within the cell, but I could only see one line no matter what I did. Desperate, I highlighted the row involved and changed the height manually so that all of the text in the cell could be seen. Th...

Can not see text in Excel when cell format is set to wrap text
When I select wrap text in format cell, or open an Excel file with wrap texted, the text is not visible. Tried changing row height & column width, but does not help. One way to make text "invisible" is to set the text font color the same as the background color. Make sure this is not happening. Make sure the text is not heavily indented Make sure there are not an excessive number of hard returns at the beginning of the text. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200725 "Mark" wrote: > When I select wrap text in format cell, or open an Excel file with wrap > ...

Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 where the wrap text function is not working properly. The text height is getting cut off before the full text displays. The AutoFit Row Height function does nothing. There is no merging or anything unusual in the workbook. By the way, the print preview does display the full text of the cell, but the regular worksheet view does not show the full cell. I have looked at the maximum height (which is 409 pts) and my rows are not at that height, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! After spending hours ...

How do I wrap text in an Excel spread sheet to fit page?
Large spread sheet with multiple titles and subjects. Must fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. HELP! 1. Highlight the area you want printed: File, Print Area, Set Print Area 2. then goto File, Page Setup, Page tab and click on Fit to 1 pages wide by 1 pages tall If there's a lot of stuff on there, can maximize a little more by clicking the Margins tab on the page setup menu and squeeze out as much margin as possible. That's about it, other than that, you'd have to use multiple sheets or use bigger paper =) "Colleen" wrote: > Large spread shee...

formatting: highlighting, wrap text, etc.
Hi, I have used Excel for years and in the past couple of days I have not been able to highlight any fields, cannot format an entire document, i.e., Ariel 10 pt I have tried on-line help and can't figure out how to resolve. I have even opened new workbooks and continue to have the same problem HELP!!!!!!!!!! thanks. A few ideas. Check all Excel Tools/Options. Check Windows Display options. Faulty keyboard. Faulty mouse. Scroll lock on. Faulty monitor/screen display settings. Installed/amended any software recently ? Start/Run... Type excel.exe /regserver .... Enter --- Message post...

wrap text/row width adjusted
Hello - My wrap text is checked, "general" allignment, and my row height is fine, but part of the text in the cell wraps, except my 3rd paragraph - doesn't wrap. I've tried everything. Any suggestions? Thanks, Julianne Julianne Possibly you have run up against a limitation of text length. From Excel Help on "specifications" you will learn that you can enter 32767 characters in a cell but only 1024 of them will be visible or can be printed. To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed ...

Wrap text does not adjust row height in merged cells.
When I set the format/alignment of a SINGLE (unmerged) Excel cell to select "WrapedText", the row height adjusts upward, automatically, to accommodate the greater height needed by the wrapped text. (That's good/) But if I select "WrappedText" for a MERGED cell (e.g., a cell made by merging two side-by-side cells into one), the row height does NOT adjust. In that case, if the text runs onto a second line, I cannot see that second line unless I increase the row height MANUALLY. (That's bad.) So, my question is: "How can I force the row height to adjust...

How do I wrap text in a text box around another text box
I'm creating a newsletter with columns. I have a horizontal text box with the article title. I want the vertical column at the same height as the top of the horizontal column. Right now the text in the vertical column is going through some of the horizontal box. I want it to wrap. I've tried to selecting "square" for each of the two boxes wrapping style. Nothing changes. How do I get the text to wrap around the horizontal text box? I'm using Publisher 2003 I found a way around this by copying another textbox from the template that was apprently already set ...

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

Using a formula to wrap text
I am using Excel 2000 I have a worksheet which is in effect an index containing a reference number and an address. the addresses were typed in, one cell per address, using ALT+ENTER at the end of each line laying it out like an address label. The cells are formatted a wrapped text. I am now able to make use of a linked spreadsheet from an Access database maintained elsewhere and more importantly always up to date. However, each line of the address is in a different column, 6 in all, and also the managers name, which is a bonus. I can use CONCATENATE to bring all the columns into one ...

Set row height, but allow wrap text
I want to set the row height of me spreadsheet to allow a little "buffer" between rows. But I have a couple rows in which there is a greater amount of data (text) than the column width allows. I want to allow that row to grow and wrap the text. It seems like I have to do one or the other: (1) set the row height, which then means the wrapped text doesn't fit in the height of the row, or (2) do autofit and have the wrapped text look good, but not have the "buffer" I want in the row spacing in general. How can I do this? I looked for a way to set cell margin...