There is no way to view multiple sheets from one workbook

It would be nice if there was the ability to view multiple sheets from the
same workbook.  Currenlty, you are forced to work on each sheet individually,
but often I'd like to be working on Sheet 1 while viewing Sheet 2 - of the
same workbook (as an example).

A Work Around?  Yes, I have one:  create a new worksheet, copy the sheet
you'd like to view into this new worksheet.
0
kstub (1)

You can create new windows (Window > New Window) and then
arrange them (Window > Arrange) so you can view multiple
sheets of the same wb simultaneously.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
12/17/2004 6:01:01 PM
k,

The actual way to do this is to use View  | New Window   then View |
Arrange....  windows of activeworkbook checked, then horizontal or vertical.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"kstub" <kstub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It would be nice if there was the ability to view multiple sheets from the
> same workbook.  Currenlty, you are forced to work on each sheet
individually,
> but often I'd like to be working on Sheet 1 while viewing Sheet 2 - of the
> same workbook (as an example).
>
> A Work Around?  Yes, I have one:  create a new worksheet, copy the sheet
> you'd like to view into this new worksheet.

0
Bernie
12/17/2004 6:03:33 PM
kstub

You gotta be careful when stating "there is no way" when posting to these
Excel groups<g>

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:01:01 -0800, "Jason Morin"
<jasonjmorin@OPPOSITEOFCOLDmail.com> wrote:

>You can create new windows (Window > New Window) and then
>arrange them (Window > Arrange) so you can view multiple
>sheets of the same wb simultaneously.
>
>HTH
>Jason
>Atlanta, GA

Gord

S curves in Data Analysis views
Hello, I'm using Project Server 2007. What would be the fields I have to include in the MDX formulas (equivalent of Sum(PeriodsToDate([Time].[All]),Cost)) to calculate the 3 cumulative values: - BCWS - BCWP - ACWP Thanks for your help ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Excel 2002 document not opening with a proper view in Excel 2003
On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin Depeter". You might want to widen the column. It might not have enough room to show the name. "taj" wrote: > > On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column > names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin > Depeter". ...

List view with no item selection
How could i do that Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGING notification. Before return assign value 1 to *pResult. "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > How could i do that > > > ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the .
how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually but not both. Formulas return values--not formatting. How did you get the link to formats to work? --- Sometimes, you can use a macro to do the work for you. Camalla wrote: > > how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same > workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually > but not both. -- Dave Peterson Camalla No way to link Formats unless you are using Conditional Formatti...

One-Million.Net is online !!!
Hello , I'm Jack from Illinois . Do you need a job from home ?? Do you need a new car ?? Do you need a new house ?? Or Do you want to go on holiday on Maldives Islands ?? Go to http://www.one-million.net/eng/joinnow.asp?lang=eng&codref=ACS973 With only US$ 49.99 you will have a new email (my new email is futus@one-million.net) , a very job from home and you will earn minimum US$ 1000 per month and you will have the chance to win a new Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor , a new very wooden house and a holiday all inclusive on Maldives Islands . Yesterday , I became a new one-million.net me...

Viewing forms content when receiving message
I am trying to setup a message form and I have gone through and created the form but when I send it out, the only data that the receiver views is the message text, none of the info entered into the form fields is there. I am obviously missing something. I would greatly appreciate any guidance. Cheers! ...

How to implement multiple joins with LINQ?
The following code compiles and runs but does not produce the correct output. I get the same product names listed over and over again. I want to create customer objects that have a list of orders that in turn, have a list of order-details. I'm using the famous Northwind Sample Database on SQL Express. I am indeed getting the desired data structures with the wrong contents. I did some google searching for examples but could not find an example of a double join that exploits this cool feature of grouping. I'm trying to extrapolate from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Copying Multiple Pages
I was wondering if you can copy multiple pages of a Publisher document (Office 2003) at the same time and paste them into another document / or merge two documents together. Many thanks for your time Open the Office clipboard from the Edit menu, you will be able to collect 24 items. Be aware if your text boxes are linked you will not get the paste you want. Break the link, all the text will be shifted to the first text box even though you will not be able to see all of it. Create new text boxes in your new publication, link them again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microso...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

How to switch between views of CListCtrl dynamically?
It should be very simple, but... :-( May be I do something wrong... Look at my code: BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); m_wndListFiles.ModifyStyle(LVS_TYPEMASK | LVS_AUTOARRANGE | LVS_ALIGNLEFT | LVS_ALIGNTOP, LVS_ICON | LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS); DWORD dwStyle = m_wndListFiles.GetExtendedStyle(); m_wndListFiles.SetExtendedStyle(dwStyle | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES | LVS_EX_BORDERSELECT | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT); ...................................... } void SwitchView(UINT nID) { ModifyStyle(LVS_TYPEMASK, LVS_nID); } But after this nothing is happened... Can anybody help me?...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

Access to Template's Linked Data Sheets
How do I gain access to the expense statement's linked data sheet? When I make changes to this downloaded template, are these changes automatically linked to the data sheet? I am using Excel 2003. Thanks for your help. The linked data sheet in question can be accessed one of two ways: 1) To just see it, go to Window->Unhide. You'll see the worksheet called "common.xls" listed. Unhiding it opens it read-only, so if you want to change it, that won't help. 2) However, the book is located in: C:\program files\microsoft office\office\library\common.xls Should be...

Hours not adding correctly in Resource View
For one of my resources, hours are not adding correctly when I am looking in the Resource View in MS Project. For example, under one of my resources, the total for 'Other projects and commitments' is 32h for a particular week. However, when I expand the 'Other projects and commitments' heading, there is a total of 40 hours on other projects. This happens for several weeks with this resource. Is this a bug in MS Project? Thanks, Drew Drew -- Because of an unfixed bug with the "Other projects and commitments" feature, you do NOT see the correct Work num...

Automation and Multiple profiles
Hi, I have several profiles on Outlook and I need to automate the sent of a mail. Everything is fine except that when I use the << Mynamespace.Logon profile_name, password, False, True >> instruction, it always run the default profile I set up. It actually behaves as if there is an open session of Outlook with the default profile. I tried to use every combination of true and false for the last 2 parameters. Outlook is not run when I launch the process so no session is already opened. I checked TSRs but none indicates Outlook or MAPISRV32 or stuff like that. I have a second li...

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

On Registry Tweaks for WLMail 14x (Quick views & Line wrap)
Now, WLMail 14x was programmed with a solution to help overcome the bug = whereby the Quick views would sometimes break. The solution was to cause = the Quick views to rebuild every five starts of WLMail via the Registry = Key->"Value" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live = Mail->"SearchFolderLaunchesUntilRebuild". This slows down the Start of WLMail for but a few seconds, but the Quick = views database takes many more seconds to completely rebuild, while = using quite high CPU. My first workaround to this annoyance was simply to export the r...

copy a workbook from other workbook with lot of sheets wit...
how to copy a workbook from other workbook with 10 worksheets with lot of macros. Last year our company had error with these kind of copied macros files. Please anyone help me to do it in the correct way. Thanks You can open the workbooks in question, press Alt + F11, in the project pane to the left you can see the macros (module) then just drag them to copy between workbooks, you can also copy and paste them as text (double click the module and a window will open with the code) and you can use macros to do it. Chip Pearson has a lot of info here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.ht...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...