The Pivot Table field name is not valid, #2

I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why.  My data is
in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled.  What do I have
to do to get over this?
Thanks
Denise
0
deniseh (10)

Hey Deniseh...

The Pivot table is looking for a concentric group of columns and cells, my
belief without seeing the data is that you have a column in the data range
that does not have heading...  check to verify that each the first cell in
each column of the pivot table data range has a value populated
--
Thanks for your help -
Joe Mac

"deniseh" wrote:

> I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why.  My data is
> in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled.  What do I have
> to do to get over this?
> Thanks
> Denise
0
JoeMac (9)
10/21/2005 4:25:05 PM
Thanks Joe, it worked first time when I realised there were hidden columns,
your help is very much appreciated.  It'll save hours of work!!!!!
Regards
Denise

"Joe Mac" wrote:

> Hey Deniseh...
>
> The Pivot table is looking for a concentric group of columns and cells, my
> belief without seeing the data is that you have a column in the data range
> that does not have heading...  check to verify that each the first cell in
> each column of the pivot table data range has a value populated
> --
> Thanks for your help -
> Joe Mac
>

> "deniseh" wrote:
>
> > I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why.  My data is
> > in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled.  What do I have
> > to do to get over this?
> > Thanks
> > Denise
0
deniseh (10)

Pivot Table Counting

downloads #2
I am having the same problem---did you ever find resolution? does anyone know how to get around it? ----- Kay Cordova wrote: ----- I have tried to download from my financial institution my account information. When I set the file to download to a .qif file it insists on loading the download to MS Money instead of putting it in a file where I can import it into Quicken. I have looked at all of the Options to find where to change that and cannot find anything that will help/ Did you see the "money vs. quicken"...

Pivot Tables #4

Help comparing 2 columns..
I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample). Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel, so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming. example: Coloumn 1 2211 5510 2210 9952 Coloumn 2 2211 5510 3310 2210 9952 Sample: With Range A1:A4 named "Rge1" ' equal to your Column 1 data. and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5 In cell C1 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1) and copy down. Column C should reflect a...

Pivot Tables

Create custom outline numbering in Word (like names of months).
To create an agenda of activities by month, I have to turn off the bulleting to type in the names of the months and then turn it on again to list the activities. I would like to be able to create a custom list that Word could pull from when I select my numbering style (so it would appear with "1, 2, 3" and "I, II, III" and the rest). I would then be able to create custom lists for the months of the year, or department names within our division, or employee names within a department, to make agendas that much easier to create. ---------------- This post...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

Stopping free text entry in validation cell
Hi, I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists in some cells. I need to stop users from ignoring the options in the list and just typing whatever the want in the cell. Anyone help? I am sure it is easy, but can't see how to do it. Thnx, Smf If you are using a list then that should be enough unless they copy and paste into the validation cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "smf" <smf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448D4166-A2C9-4C25-852F-7B045DF19F98@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists...

What is the logic having ItemID mandatory in Field Service Equipem
Why MS done this. I wanted to implement field service with GP in automotive industry, and mapping the equipment as customer vehicle but the probelm is that everytime I create vehicle record I have to also create the item. Thing If I have 100000 vehicles (equipemnts) then same items I have to create. Secondly what will be type of item, can be just have only Vehicle (Equipment) and not having item. Microsoft what is the logic behind this and none of the document state why it is like that. ...

Changing a file name
Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179372807.798486.245460@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change > it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this > possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? > Use the rename() function in the C-RTL. -- David This i...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

Copy form field data to clipboard
I have set the field I want to have focus and then wish to copy the data to the clipboard. Can someone help me with the code for this. Forms!frmExhibitorInfoVerification!Email.SetFocus -- Entering the world of VBA and coding Delta If the desired field has focus, use: RunCommand acCmdCopy If you need to manipulate strings first (e.g. combinating data from several fields), it's more complex: http://allenbrowne.com/func-07b.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenb...

join multiple pivot tables?

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Help with pivot table

Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2
Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA access to my clients exchange server. I've done it with Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe it cannot be done? Correct. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked: | Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA | access to my clients exchange server. I&#...

csv #2
I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also can you tel me some more features of csv. File|Save As and change the "Save as type" to CSV Jerry Ashish wrote: > I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also > can you tel me some more features of csv. Ashish, See www.smokeylake.com/excel/textfiles.htm. Read "Delimited text file." -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ashish" <Ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Run Time error on file name
I have this code when I go to update a new workbook, but once the workbook is updated and saved, it will not allow you to reupdate it. I think the reason is because it's looking for the workbook "Master Engineering Spec.xlsm" and that is not the workbook name. Here is the sequence I am following. 1: Open User Form 2: Open New Engineering Spec (Control Button "Open_New_Engineer_Spec_8") 3: Fill in the user Form 4: Update Engineering Spec (Control Button "Update_Engineer_Spec_10" 5: Save Engineering Spec workbook (I automaticaly assigns the name. ...

calculated fields on form and workflow
Hi all We've got the following problem. We use js to calculate fields on the opportunity form. (just summate some numbers) Now, we want to adjust the probability due to the state of the tasks you have to complete within a opportunity with the help of a workflow. The problem now is, that the calculated fields are not want to update with the new given probability! (javascript runs only with update/open/save the form or change field) What would be the best practise to realise something like that? Or is it simple possible to run js within a workflow to re-calculate it with the new pr...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...