the goal seek function has disappeared from the tool menu. How do.

Tried to have a shortcut button for the "goal seek" function in the tools
menu, and somehow managed to entirely lose the function.

How do I get it back?

Thanks
0
Ramsey (8)

Hi Ramsey

if you've not customised the menu in any other way you can reset it using
view / toolbars / customize ... toolbars tab, find worksheet menu bar and
click on the RESET button.

Cheers
JulieD

"Ramsey" <Ramsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tried to have a shortcut button for the "goal seek" function in the tools
> menu, and somehow managed to entirely lose the function.
>
> How do I get it back?
>
> Thanks

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Update
After the online update, Interactive Brokers (IB) Greenwich, CT, have disappeared completely! Before their address and logo was displayed at least. Is this a progress??? WB Amendment: I have found them on this page listed: http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=I&FinananceOrganisationType=BrokeragesOnly#13 But in the Money program they are NOT LISTED!!! "WB" <wolfgbaudisch@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23YHarQEzHHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After the online update, Interactive Brokers (IB) Greenwich, CT, have > disapp...

Please Help With Goal Seek
How do I get -25% in the margin cell??? The formula I use, =D7*D9 gives me 0.25 insted of - 25%. Hourly Cost Direct Cost $30.00 $750.00 $25.00 $1,000.00 $25.00 $2,250.00 $4,000.00 Price to customer $4,000.00 Tax Rate 25% Tax Costs $1,000.00 Total Costs Staff $4,000.00 Taxes $1,000.00 Margin ?? Thank you, Laura Hi Laura, What data is in which cells? And what do you fill in in the GoalSeek dialog? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Laura" <mzlaurajane@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2720AC94-1B48-4730-8509-CC4...

Inserted Pictures keep disappearing replaced w/ white box with a r
I have never had this problem in power point before. I opened an old presentation to update it (Professional Edition 2003). Photos I had inserted were gone and replaced with white squares with red Xs. I tried to replace the photos and saved it. When I went to reopen today, the photos are gone again. HELP! Also, when I open the folder and point to the file I want to open, the small "Details" icon still shows my photos as being there, but they're not there; when I try to print, it's the white square with the red x. Thanks for any support anyone can give me! ...

Create Window at Runtime from function
Hi, I'm trying to create a window at run-time where all I have to do is pass the Caption and Label, and then the function will display a window. It's intended to be a small window used for quick user input. The code below compiles, but on calling it, no window is displayed. A button in the task bar is created, however, so the window class seems be running -- I just can't see it or interact with it. My guess is that the problem is I haven't given it an instance -- all the examples I have seen start from the WinMain procedure, and they just use that instance. I'm not...

why do emails in the inbox disappear when I reply to them?
When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt Have you checked to ensure no rules or filters are applied within Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the >inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for >the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt >. > Fonzy &l...

Function to return a number of fixed length
Hello, I seem to recall (or maybe dreamed of) a function that reterns a number to a fixed length. For example, if the number in question is 25 and the required length is 4, then the output of the function would be 0025. I realise this can be achieved with cell formatting, but I required this in a function if possible. Kind regards Hi One way =LEFT(REPT("0",10),4-LEN(A1))&A1 -- Regards Roger Govier <tryfanman@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1170844229.353427.149590@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I seem to recall (or maybe dreamed of)...

Disappearing AutoTextList Items
I recently upgraded from Word 2003 to 2007. Using Word 2003 I used AutoTextList to create drop down lists. After the upgrade to 2007 I found that new additions to my AutoTextList appear in the document along with my old items but are only the old items show up in the drop down list in new documents even though it was saved. Below is what I have been doing: My process for adding items to the drop down list: I select the style I want from the style window I create a blank line I type the new text I want to add to the drop down I highlight the words but not the paragraph marker ...

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear!
Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear! Please advise for "restoring" my inbox emails back. Thanks a lot. Val val wrote: > Outlook Express: Suddenly all my inbox emails disappear! > Please advise for "restoring" my inbox emails back. Thanks > a lot. Val This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Excel 2002, Menu and Tool bars are gone.
Hi, Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Tools, etc...) is gone from all spreadsheets. I cannot restore them due to the menu bar being gone. How can I replace this without using safe mode? Any help is appreciated. View>toggle the Full Screen icon on/off. Does that help? -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03da01c3cf1a$e5339c50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, > View, Tools, ...

-->edit -->clear -->all; Can removed from standard menu?
I have tried a dozen protection setups in an attempt to keep someone from using clear all to delete data in unlocked cells. (They need to change values in these cells thus the access). Clear contents is OK. Is there a vba way to remove this particular entry in the standard excel menu? Thank you. excel 2003 > I have tried a dozen protection setups in an attempt to keep someone > from using clear all to delete data in unlocked cells. =A0(They need to > change values in these cells thus the access). =A0Clear contents is OK. > > Is there a vba way to remove thi...

How Do I create a Timing Tool
All, I wonder if I can call on your expert advice. I am looking to create a Timing Tool within Excel which will be able to capture timings of specific user defined areas. For Example looking to time specific sections of say for a telephone call and the interaction the agent has with the Computer System..how long specific actions take...and then from that be able to submit the data into a sheet..and move on to another one. This is so that summary data can be captured and analysed. All help appreciated. Regards Tim Harding --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi TIm, For ...

emailing link from Explorer tool bar
Prior to the installation of xp ( i used to use millenium) when I "send a link" from IE 6.0 it opens Outlook Express as it should but adds the url as an attachment rather than in the body of the email which I prefer. I can't find any setting adjustments on OE 6 or IE 6. Anyone with any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5...

After Reparing: Reply Function Doesnt Work
I had some problems with Excel not giving me correct histograms, so I did a detect and repair function... Now my Outlook data was wiped out... I tried to put everything back to normal but now everytime I click reply on a message Outlook says.. "Microsoft Word is set to be e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed. Please run setup again for the program...." And then it opens the Outlook email editor i...

how do i change the amount of recent documents on my file menu?
Please could anyone email me on da_snogaholic@hotmail.com with the answer! Hi see your other post "Kay c" wrote: > Please could anyone email me on da_snogaholic@hotmail.com with the answer! ...

EXPERT HELP REQUIRED
Thanks for your reply but sorry dont understand that at all,......an chance of explaining to a mere novice -- Esson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Essonc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26273 Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html#example s >-----Original Message----- > >Thanks for your reply but sorry dont understand that at all,......any >chance of explaining to a mere novice? > > >-- &...

Missing Menu Bar
I have a situation where the menu bar has disappeared. I closed and re-opened Excel, checked to see if the menu bar has been hidden but with no luck. Is there some kind of refresh process that can be tried to re-activate the menu bar? I could not find anything in Excel help. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ian Hi Ian! With a workbook open, use ALT+F11 [Gets you to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)] View > Immediate window Copy/paste or type the code line below into the Immediate window and then press ENTER Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enable...

What function will check a row for a series of specific numbers?
I need to check a row of numbers, to see if specific numbers (say 1,5,7,8) are in that row. What is the easiest way to do this? =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:M1={1;5;7;8}))>0 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "PuzzledK" wrote: > I need to check a row of numbers, to see if specific numbers (say 1,5,7,8) > are in that row. > What is the easiest way to do this? > ...

Support Debugging tool
Dear All, Is it possible to add an SQL transaction savepoint and rollback to Quick MO window using the support debugging tool automatic debugging mode??? I want to make all of the actions in a single shot. If it didn't write everything i want it to role back. Our company is suffering from a disconnection problem and we can't stop the GP until the probelm get fixed. Thanks in advance Hani Thats not what the Support Debugging Tool is designed for. But David M. might find a way. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Softw...

Menu!SomeConstant
Hello, I am an excel newbie. I am using a set of worksheets that are part of a workbook which I installed from a book's accompanying CD. Among the various "Names" defined some of them are defined as: Menu!SomeConstant1 Menu!SomeConstant2 Menu!SomeConstant3 However, I have no worksheet names Menu. So what does Menu! mean in this context. Thanks, John Goche It is a worksheet name. Perhaps the worksheet is hidden (Format>Sheet>...) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "John Goche" <johngoche99@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:50ada59a-...

GP Version 9
Using version 9 and when setting up a checkbook the currency fields are grayed out (even when logged in as 'sa'). When trying to enter a misc check it gives an error message that the functional currency is not setup. I believe KB article 933021 will help you resolve this: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;933021 -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "6538" <beach_house1990@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BC17CA73-7966-41DB-BDF9-B566C9D94EFA@microsoft.com... > Using version 9 and when setting up a c...

Great Plains Customization tools
where do I obtain the Great Plains customization tools such as eConnect and Continuum?????? Contact your Great Plains Reseller - If you don't have one, call me at 402-934-9392 Brian "Ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<089b01c39715$f47cc1b0$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > where do I obtain the Great Plains customization tools > such as eConnect and Continuum?????? ...

Tool or Script to Export particular AD User Information
I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone number, contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me to? Thank you. You could look at ldifde. You would just need to use the "-l" and then specify the attributes for which you would like the values ( in your case, the mail address, .... contacts ). And, that is a lower case letter 'L", not the number "1". -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24014 Microsoft Active Directory MVP http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com "...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool Question
When running the exchange data update tool, do participants of updated calendar items have to manually accept each updated meeting again or is there a way to bypass this like with using just the Outlook tool? I thought the Exchange update tool is supposed to just be a way to run the Outlook tool in a batch form from the server. The Outlook tool is supposed to give you the option to update attendees or not, but I haven't seen this mentioned in documentation for the Exchange. - The Exchange Calendar Update Tool calls the Outlook Calendar Update Tool TzMove.exe (or as MS calls it, &q...

Preventing password removal tools from working.......How?
Has anyone seen a good way to prevent the thousands of password removal tools from working? I would simply like the Excel protection to NOT be easily defeated by the use of these tools. Any ideas? Bryan The only way is to not let your workbook fall into the hands of people who will try to break the password. This may mean don't share it with anyone. bryan@xgengames.com wrote: > > Has anyone seen a good way to prevent the thousands of password removal > tools from working? > > I would simply like the Excel protection to NOT be easily defeated by > the use of thes...